Football
Sponsored by

Oklahoma drill

29,433 Views | 291 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really am not so worried about the Oklahoma drill. Sure, it caused Thrift to tear his MCL, and his retirement undoubtedly contributed to a very poor showing last year. However, if Rhule wants to run it, that is his prerogative. If it starts injuring players, the injury excuse is not going to fly, however.
xiledinok
It's too bad he was hurt but it is a proven and effective drill.
It is helpful deciding position battles.
PervertedLittleTarts
RioRata said:

PervertedLittleTarts said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Oklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

So that's about 5 times a year and never in pregame.

my problem with Rhule's use of it is that it seems he came in with the idea that our kids were soft, and that is absolutely false. He took over a very physical and very tough bunch of veteran players.

He was a victim of B1G Bias.

"Veteran" players you say? LOL. So converted TE 265 pound Teck at center, true freshman Miller and Newman also on the OL, Mims with one season as a backup, true freshmen Sneed, Lovett, and Holmes, and Ish Wainwright the basketball player, on defense freshmen Pitre, walk-on McVea, Terrel Bernard, and Harrison Hand, sophomores new CB Blake Lynch, Jameson Houston, Clay Johnston, B. Roy, Michael Johnson, Jordan Williams, Ogor, Chris Miller, and Henry Black... all of these players were on the two-deep to start the season, and you refer to them as "veteran" players? Are you sure you've actually coached football? Pee Wee league doesn't count.
triggered much?

Never. Is that the best response you can muster for being exposed as a know-nothing fool?
It's ironic you accuse others of knowing nothing. You're one of the most glib posters on this board. Why not take your talents back to the paid board, where your little buddies will appreciate you?

Nah, someone needs to bring some actual football knowledge to the neverending threads of brainless groupthink on this board. It's a thankless job, but someone's gotta do it.

1-11 with a home loss to Liberty. How knowledgeable must one need to be to understand that IS NOT acceptable?

Nowhere did I say it was acceptable, because it's not.

This post is Exhibit A why intelligent posters flee this board like rats from a sinking ship, because they get tired of reading the same drone-like responses over and over such as DERRR BUT BUT 1-11 DOHH LIBERTY. So thanks for your contribution Captain Obvious.
PervertedLittleTarts
Mothra said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Oklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

my problem with Rhule's use of it is that it seems he came in with the idea that our kids were soft, and that is absolutely false. He took over a very physical and very tough bunch of veteran players.

"Veteran" players you say? LOL. So converted TE 265 pound Teck at center, true freshman Miller and Newman also on the OL, Mims with one season as a backup, true freshmen Sneed, Lovett, and Holmes, and Ish Wainwright the basketball player, on defense freshmen Pitre, walk-on McVea, Terrel Bernard, and Harrison Hand, sophomores new CB Blake Lynch, Jameson Houston, Clay Johnston, B. Roy, Michael Johnson, Jordan Williams, Ogor, Chris Miller, and Henry Black... all of these players were on the two-deep to start the season, and you refer to them as "veteran" players? Are you sure you've actually coached football? Pee Wee league doesn't count.
triggered much?

Never. Is that the best response you can muster for being exposed as a know-nothing fool?
It's ironic you accuse others of knowing nothing. You're one of the most glib posters on this board. Why not take your talents back to the paid board, where your little buddies will appreciate you?

Nah, someone needs to bring some actual football knowledge to the neverending threads of brainless groupthink on this board. It's a thankless job, but someone's gotta do it.

1-11 with a home loss to Liberty. How knowledgeable must one need to be to understand that IS NOT acceptable?

Yet that team is developing into a much stronger team than all those weak teams under Briles that won us conference championships. This idiot actually argued that on another thread.

No, I didn't argue that, but I do recognize that you lack the mental capacity to understand nuance in a post, which is quite ironic considering how you claim to want just that.
PervertedLittleTarts
Mothra said:

You still mad little buddy? For someone who says it's not personal you sure do you write your diatribe. Calm down it'll be OK. Go have some Ovaltine.

Nah, I just enjoyed taking a little time on a Friday to own you repeatedly. Too bad you're not bright enough to recognize that's exactly what happened.

Again, you really shouldn't continue to subject the other members of this board to your incoherent ramblings when you engage me, so may I suggest that if you desire to continue to receive the beatings because you're one of those kind of people, shoot me a p.m. so that everyone else is not made dumber by reading your posts.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

How has it proven effective? Who else uses it?
Mothra

Mothra said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Yet that team is developing into a much stronger team than all those weak teams under Briles that won us conference championships. This idiot actually argued that on another thread.

No, I didn't argue that, but I do recognize that you lack the mental capacity to understand nuance in a post, which is quite ironic considering how you claim to want just that.

Sorry but you did. You argued how much bigger and stronger they're getting under Rhule and said our teams under Briles were weak. Yes it was la stupid comment and I understand why you're now running away from it . But have some balls and own what you said. Don't run away from it.
Mothra

Mothra said:

You still mad little buddy? For someone who says it's not personal you sure do you write your diatribe. Calm down it'll be OK. Go have some Ovaltine.

Nah, I just enjoyed taking a little time on a Friday to own you repeatedly. Too bad you're not bright enough to recognize that's exactly what happened.

Again, you really shouldn't continue to subject the other members of this board to your incoherent ramblings when you engage me, so may I suggest that if you desire to continue to receive the beatings because you're one of those kind of people, shoot me a p.m. so that everyone else is not made dumber by reading your posts.

My gosh are you a 7th grader? Geez.
marco

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

I don't need to prove myself to a child.

I gave a thoughtful response to this discussion and you have attacked me. Your issues are obvious and they are on you. I'm secure in my credentials and abilities as a football coach. People who know me know this.

I hope you can get a grip on your emotions some day.

Alright credentialed coach, then explain to us how the players I specifically named could be considered "veterans." We will wait.
He never said all of the players were veterans. Must be your reading comprehension problem again.

What he DID say was Rhule inherited tough veteran players. I can't believe I am having to explain this, but what that means is the veterans on this team that Rhule inherited were already tough. That's quite a bit different from saying all the players on the team are veterans.

Now the real question for me is whether this is your glibness again, or whether you are being intentionally obtuse. Typically, I wouldn't believe someone could be so brainless, but in your case, I actually think it is the former.

Now this is especially rich coming from you. You've practically been laughed off the premium board because you continually make the most nonsensical posts ever seen there regardless of one's position, so you thought you'd come over here and play the tough guy where you'll get some support and project your brainlessness onto me? How pathetic.

And boy, is this post Exhibit A of your inability to think with reason. He referred to the team having a quote "very tough bunch of veteran players," and so I responded with a specific listing of decidedly non-veteran players listed on our two-deep to start the season. Funny enough, I went back and looked after that post and I left off another four sophomores with limited playing time also listed on that same two-deep, which clearly demonstrates to anyone with a brain that the majority of the players seeing the field weren't even remotely veterans. So, I'll ask you, even though I know it will be a waste of time as you're typically unable to conjure a coherent response: where are all these oh so tough veterans that he was referring to? Please name at least 25-30 of them, because that's the amount it would take for a Power 5 team to compete at a high level. You won't be able to, but it will be fun to watch your mental gymnastics in response.

Go.
You lost me at "laughed off the premium".... If you equate spending $15 dollars a month to football acumen you deserve every bit of derision you get here. You're a clueless 'tard, I'll give you that much. Where's my $9.95? You should pay me for my deep insights.
GhettoHEBear

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I JOklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

triggered much?

This post is Exhibit A why intelligent posters flee this board like rats from a sinking ship, because they get tired of reading the same drone-like responses over and over such as DERRR BUT BUT 1-11 DOHH LIBERTY. So thanks for your contribution Captain Obvious.
Straight shot to the nads.

You can tell by all the screaming. Mention the word "Liberty" on the Premium side and people absolutely lose their minds.
Baylor Mafioso
PervertedLittleTarts
Mothra said:

Mothra said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Sorry but you did. You argued how much bigger and stronger they're getting under Rhule and said our teams under Briles were weak. Yes it was la stupid comment and I understand why you're now running away from it . But have some balls and own what you said. Don't run away from it.

No, I didn't moron. I said that vs MSU, our OL couldn't create a run game for our offense, which is an indisputable fact, due to the focus on conditioning over strength and mass.

Attempting to communicate with you is less effective then having a conversation with a two-year-old.
PervertedLittleTarts
marco said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

I gave a thoughtful response to this discussion and you have attacked me. Your issues are obvious and they are on you. I'm secure in my credentials and abilities as a football coach. People who know me know this.

Alright credentialed coach, then explain to us how the players I specifically named could be considered "veterans." We will wait.
He never said all of the players were veterans. Must be your reading comprehension problem again.

What he DID say was Rhule inherited tough veteran players. I can't believe I am having to explain this, but what that means is the veterans on this team that Rhule inherited were already tough. That's quite a bit different from saying all the players on the team are veterans.

Now the real question for me is whether this is your glibness again, or whether you are being intentionally obtuse. Typically, I wouldn't believe someone could be so brainless, but in your case, I actually think it is the former.

Now this is especially rich coming from you. You've practically been laughed off the premium board because you continually make the most nonsensical posts ever seen there regardless of one's position, so you thought you'd come over here and play the tough guy where you'll get some support and project your brainlessness onto me? How pathetic.

And boy, is this post Exhibit A of your inability to think with reason. He referred to the team having a quote "very tough bunch of veteran players," and so I responded with a specific listing of decidedly non-veteran players listed on our two-deep to start the season. Funny enough, I went back and looked after that post and I left off another four sophomores with limited playing time also listed on that same two-deep, which clearly demonstrates to anyone with a brain that the majority of the players seeing the field weren't even remotely veterans. So, I'll ask you, even though I know it will be a waste of time as you're typically unable to conjure a coherent response: where are all these oh so tough veterans that he was referring to? Please name at least 25-30 of them, because that's the amount it would take for a Power 5 team to compete at a high level. You won't be able to, but it will be fun to watch your mental gymnastics in response.

Go.
You lost me at "laughed off the premium".... If you equate spending $15 dollars a month to football acumen you deserve every bit of derision you get here. You're a clueless 'tard, I'll give you that much. Where's my $9.95? You should pay me for my deep insights.

I didn't say that either. Your reading comprehension is at the level of mothball. I said the knowledgeable posters on premium have laughed at mothball because of his constant and inane posting.

And marco, the next day that you demonstrate any football acumen will be your first.
PervertedLittleTarts
GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I JOklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

triggered much?

You can tell by all the screaming. Mention the word "Liberty" on the Premium side and people absolutely lose their minds.

LOL. People don't lose their minds because of the mention of the Liberty loss, people lose their minds because it's long been widely accepted by EVERYONE that the loss was unacceptable, so continually bringing it up shows someone possessing a simple mind that is unable to conjure any original thought to add to the quality of conversation.
GhettoHEBear

marco said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I Oklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

triggered much?

Go.

I didn't say that either. Your reading comprehension is at the level of mothball. I said the knowledgeable posters on premium have laughed at mothball because of his constant and inane posting.
Knowledgeable posters = people who agree with me on everything
Baylor Mafioso
GhettoHEBear

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Ok JkI JOklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

triggered much?

LOL. People don't lose their minds because of the mention of the Liberty loss, people lose their minds because it's long been widely accepted by EVERYONE that the loss was unacceptable, so continually bringing it up shows someone possessing a simple mind that is unable to conjure any original thought to add to the quality of conversation.
You get angry when you deal with simpleminded people with unoriginal thoughts? Is that what's making you lose your **** ?
Baylor Mafioso
PervertedLittleTarts
GhettoHEBear said:

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Ok JkI JOklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

triggered much?

You get angry when you deal with simpleminded people with unoriginal thoughts? Is that what's making you lose your **** ?

Nope. I'm not angry and I'm having a conversation with simpleminded you aren't I?
PervertedLittleTarts
GhettoHEBear said:

marco said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I Oklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

triggered much?

Go.

It's unsurprising that's your definition of a knowledgeable poster. Thanks for clearing that up.
marco

marco said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Go.

Judging from your responses to and interactions with Coach Steve I have no faith in your ability to judge what is and what isn't a knowledgeable poster.

Has there been an official nomination here for you yet to receive the Clueless Clown trophy?
GhettoHEBear

GhettoHEBear said:

marco said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Go.

It's unsurprising that's your definition of a knowledgeable poster. Thanks for clearing that up.
You've resorted to calling me names and "I know you are but what am I". Your name is definitely the most clever thing about you.
Baylor Mafioso
PervertedLittleTarts
marco said:

marco said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Go.

Judging from your responses to and interactions with Coach Steve I have no faith in your ability to judge what is and what isn't a knowledgeable poster.

Has there been an official nomination here for you yet to receive the Clueless Clown trophy?

Well Coach Steve, whoever he is, would probably be the first to tell you that he isn't perfect. And he made a factually incorrect statement, one which was easily provable to be incorrect. You have a problem with something factually incorrect getting corrected?
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

How has it proven effective? Who else uses it?
Most all of them have used it and it is still used at every level.
I guess in the U Houston pedigree, they don't use it.
It's called the Oklahoma drill. I wager Bud Wilkinson used it effectively.
I have seen it used in high school, college and pros where success matters.
There are numerous NFL teams and college teams that use it today.
There have been several threads previously on this topic.
It all relates back to Tanner Thrift getting hurt and retiring.
PervertedLittleTarts
GhettoHEBear said:

GhettoHEBear said:

marco said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Go.

You've resorted to calling me names and "I know you are but what am I". Your name is definitely the most clever thing about you.

I didn't call you a name, I made an observation about you. Sorry it stings a little.
GhettoHEBear

GhettoHEBear said:

GhettoHEBear said:

marco said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

"Veteran" players you say? LOL. So converted TE 265 pound Teck at center, true freshman Miller and Newman also on the OL, Mims with one season as a backup, true freshmen Sneed, Lovett, and Holmes, and Ish Wainwright the basketball player, on defense freshmen Pitre, walk-on McVea, Terrel Bernard, and Harrison Hand, sophomores new CB Blake Lynch, Jameson Houston, Clay Johnston, B. Roy, Michael Johnson, KkJordan Williams, Ogor, Chris Miller, and Henry Black... all of these players were on the two-deep to start the season, and you refer to them as "veteran" players? Are you sure you've actually coached football? Pee Wee league doesn't count.
triggered much?

Go.

I didn't call you a name, I made an observation about you. Sorry it stings a little.
I find you (unintentionally) hilarious!
Baylor Mafioso
bearlyafarmer
PLT = Milli, y'all.
GhettoHEBear
bearlyafarmer said:

PLT = Milli, y'all.
Yep. The childish trolling is unmistakable
Baylor Mafioso
PervertedLittleTarts
bearlyafarmer said:

PLT = Milli, y'all.

Lol. Some of y'all never cease to amaze. Just when I think many of you couldn't get any dumber, someone goes and says something like this. Thanks for the laughs.
GhettoHEBear

bearlyafarmer said:

PLT = Milli, y'all.

Lol. Some of y'all never cease to amaze. Just when I think many of you couldn't get any dumber, someone goes and says something like this. Thanks for the laughs.
Milli. Confirmed.
Baylor Mafioso
PervertedLittleTarts
GhettoHEBear said:

bearlyafarmer said:

PLT = Milli, y'all.

Milli. Confirmed.

Please never stop being you.
bearlyafarmer
GhettoHEBear said:

bearlyafarmer said:

PLT = Milli, y'all.

Milli. Confirmed.
Only when people quote him do I ever see his schtick. Watch him; he'll confirm he's Milli by knee-jerk retorting to me; just can't help it.
marco
bearlyafarmer said:

GhettoHEBear said:

bearlyafarmer said:

PLT = Milli, y'all.

Milli. Confirmed.
Only when people quote him do I ever see his schtick. Watch him; he'll confirm he's Milli by knee-jerk retorting to me; just can't help it.
I don't know man, has he said "CAB'er" yet? Milli couldn't post more than about 10 times without throwing in a "CAB'er".
Krieg
JusHappy2BeHere said:

I really didn't think I said anything that controversial.... but some folks are always looking for a fight.... and must attack anyone that doesn't follow their view of things....

You attacked his object of worship. That's why he's so defensive.

It'll be interesting how these sheep respond when he's gone someday.
PervertedLittleTarts
Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I really didn't think I said anything that controversial.... but some folks are always looking for a fight.... and must attack anyone that doesn't follow their view of things....

And what is my object of worship? Are you implying that it's Rhule? That's the conclusion you've reached after reading my posts? Hahahaha.

And people like you wonder why no one takes you seriously in your personal life. Hint: it's because of your limited capacity to think.
bearlyafarmer
marco said:

bearlyafarmer said:

GhettoHEBear said:

bearlyafarmer said:

PLT = Milli, y'all.

Milli. Confirmed.
I don't know man, has he said "CAB'er" yet? Milli couldn't post more than about 10 times without throwing in a "CAB'er".
True. It's (barely) possible he finally realized how many of us feel honored to be called that.
Krieg

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

And what is my object of worship? Are you implying that it's Rhule? That's the conclusion you've reached after reading my posts? Hahahaha.

And people like you wonder why no one takes you seriously in your personal life. Hint: it's because of your limited capacity to think.

You're a complete moron and a complete jerk. You know nothing about football and hang out, by choice, with a bunch of people that can't stand you.

If you want to keep proving to additional people you're an idiot and an a-hole by all means keep posting. I don't understand spending this kind of time with nobody that likes you and obsessively responding. It's a really sad, pathetic waste of a life.
RioRata
Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

You're a complete moron and a complete jerk. You know nothing about football and hang out, by choice, with a bunch of people that can't stand you.

If you want to keep proving to additional people you're an idiot and an a-hole by all means keep posting. I don't understand spending this kind of time with nobody that likes you and obsessively responding. It's a really sad, pathetic waste of a life.

Actually, I think you understand him very well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.