Football
Sponsored by

Oklahoma drill

29,414 Views | 291 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
Forest Bueller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

PervertedLittleTarts said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I really didn't think I said anything that controversial.... but some folks are always looking for a fight.... and must attack anyone that doesn't follow their view of things....

You attacked his object of worship. That's why he's so defensive.

It'll be interesting how these sheep respond when he's gone someday.

And what is my object of worship? Are you implying that it's Rhule? That's the conclusion you've reached after reading my posts? Hahahaha.

And people like you wonder why no one takes you seriously in your personal life. Hint: it's because of your limited capacity to think.

You're a complete moron and a complete jerk. You know nothing about football and hang out, by choice, with a bunch of people that can't stand you.

If you want to keep proving to additional people you're an idiot and an a-hole by all means keep posting. I don't understand spending this kind of time with nobody that likes you and obsessively responding. It's a really sad, pathetic waste of a life.

Hey slappy, I know more about football than you, mothball, and many of your buds here put together. I've been unequivocally proving it through my posts. And I should, because I played it for a long time, unlike any of you who weren't even allowed to refill the team's Gatorade.

How this thread has played out to this point should be obvious, but I understand your diminished mental capacity, so I'll give you a quick recap.

Jushappytobehere made a demonstrably false statement. I proved it was factually false. Even though I was correct (as demonstrated by no one factually showing otherwise), mothball decided to insert himself into the equation and argue with me, thereby making the thread even dumber. Then fellow nimrods like yourself, incensed that I was challenging the prevailing incorrect groupthink assumptions on this board, decided to pile on. So since then, all I've done is responded to the instances where I was addressed or referenced. I'll admit, it's been enjoyable to expose all of you to be the idiots that you are, so thanks for the opportunity.

As far as being a jerk, that's intentional, because it's the only language that simpleminded people like you can understand. And as far as being liked by you and your ilk, HAHA HOHO damn, if I found out that y'all liked me, then I would seriously start to question my internal thought processes. So I'll take that one as a compliment.

Someday, somewhere you'll have a funeral. That will be a good day for the world.

Guys this is an Internet forum.. one hopefully football can be talked about. **** talking will happen but hoping for someone's death isn't acceptable under any circumstance..
No it is not.

So, I violate the posting terms on purpose and my post gets (rightfully) deleted. All tarts does over here is violate the terms and nothing happens.

Experiment worked perfectly, which I find entertaining, but your business would be better off if you'd enforce the rules on guys like him. It turns this entire side of the forum into an absolute disaster, and that's on you.
He's debating, you're wishing him dead.

That's on you. And you get a vacation.
#1 You never wish death on anybody. That is an auto vacation.

#2 That guy isn't debating, he is trolling, he has called multiple HS coaches, know nothing's and at least one Baylor letterman an idiot and know nothing.

If you actually think he is over here for real debate, maybe you need a bit of perspective on what debate is.

I used to be able to come on here, or I should say on Bearfans for actual debate. And, at first that happened here. Now the free boards are incessantly trolled by premium membership folks who pretend to have great football knowledge, but in reality just have great trolling skills.

It is starting to get old. Krieg, normally a nice enough guy finally got fed up with the garbage and unfortunately lashed out in anger. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.
DioNoZeus
Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I really didn't think I said anything that controversial.... but some folks are always looking for a fight.... and must attack anyone that doesn't follow their view of things....

And what is my object of worship? Are you implying that it's Rhule? That's the conclusion you've reached after reading my posts? Hahahaha.

And people like you wonder why no one takes you seriously in your personal life. Hint: it's because of your limited capacity to think.

You're a complete moron and a complete jerk. You know nothing about football and hang out, by choice, with a bunch of people that can't stand you.

If you want to keep proving to additional people you're an idiot and an a-hole by all means keep posting. I don't understand spending this kind of time with nobody that likes you and obsessively responding. It's a really sad, pathetic waste of a life.

Hey slappy, I know more about football than you, mothball, and many of your buds here put together. I've been unequivocally proving it through my posts. And I should, because I played it for a long time, unlike any of you who weren't even allowed to refill the team's Gatorade.

How this thread has played out to this point should be obvious, but I understand your diminished mental capacity, so I'll give you a quick recap.

Jushappytobehere made a demonstrably false statement. I proved it was factually false. Even though I was correct (as demonstrated by no one factually showing otherwise), mothball decided to insert himself into the equation and argue with me, thereby making the thread even dumber. Then fellow nimrods like yourself, incensed that I was challenging the prevailing incorrect groupthink assumptions on this board, decided to pile on. So since then, all I've done is responded to the instances where I was addressed or referenced. I'll admit, it's been enjoyable to expose all of you to be the idiots that you are, so thanks for the opportunity.

As far as being a jerk, that's intentional, because it's the only language that simpleminded people like you can understand. And as far as being liked by you and your ilk, HAHA HOHO damn, if I found out that y'all liked me, then I would seriously start to question my internal thought processes. So I'll take that one as a compliment.

Someday, somewhere you'll have a funeral. That will be a good day for the world.

Guys this is an Internet forum.. one hopefully football can be talked about. **** talking will happen but hoping for someone's death isn't acceptable under any circumstance..
No it is not.

So, I violate the posting terms on purpose and my post gets (rightfully) deleted. All tarts does over here is violate the terms and nothing happens.

Experiment worked perfectly, which I find entertaining, but your business would be better off if you'd enforce the rules on guys like him. It turns this entire side of the forum into an absolute disaster, and that's on you.

#2 That guy isn't debating, he is trolling, he has called multiple HS coaches, know nothing's and at least one Baylor letterman an idiot and know nothing.

If you actually think he is over here for real debate, maybe you need a bit of perspective on what debate is.

I used to be able to come on here, or I should say on Bearfans for actual debate. And, at first that happened here. Now the free boards are incessantly trolled by premium membership folks who pretend to have great football knowledge, but in reality just have great trolling skills.

It is starting to get old. Krieg, normally a nice enough guy finally got fed up with the garbage and unfortunately lashed out in anger. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Are you really whining about trolling on a board that was notorious for trolling long before being subjected to premium membership trolls?
This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger
PervertedLittleTarts
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Yes, I've already acknowledged that you only take issue with me attacking others, but have no issue with them attacking me. Moving on...

Now, regarding what you meant by "B1G approach," I'm even more confused than before. At first you mention toughness, so are you saying that the Big Ten has a corner on toughness?

But then you bring up scheme. So are you saying that last season we ran a Big Ten scheme? If so, what scheme are you referring to? Details please.
based on my experience and my reading of this thread you attack first.

B1G absolutely doesn't have a corner on toughness but they usually think that they do...

All right, so it looks like we're getting closer to getting a concrete answer from you regarding what you meant by "B1G approach," and it sounds like you were referencing scheme. So, did you miss the second part of my previous question? What is it about our current scheme that you see as having a "B1G approach?" I presume you're obviously referring to offense since that was the previous staff's strength. Please be as detailed as possible in your reply. Thanks in advance.
NoBSU
Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Krieg, that special kind of Reagan Ramsower nice.
Forest Bueller
DioNoZeus said:

Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Are you really whining about trolling on a board that was notorious for trolling long before being subjected to premium membership trolls?
Well #1 I'm not whining, I'm a decent enough guy, who likes reasonable discussion.. When you call someone Aids Bear, much less call a letterman that, it is pretty much as bad as wishing death on somebody.

#2 A group similar to yourself have no desire for real football dialog, but just troll incessantly.

Sure Wac trolls some, he is what he is, but with a generally non- offensive manner and he is funny. Shoot even Milli is funny.

Y'all come over here sounding like 89 year old women stuck in a nursing facility, reduced to nothing more than hateful bickering and dissention. Why spend any time here if you are so offended.

One of your group, called a HS coach with state championship skins at the 6A level a football know nothing. Really you ad nothing, if that is all you can bring. And, that is all I am seeing.
PervertedLittleTarts
Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Ohhh boy, it looks like it's that time of the month for someone. Jushappytobehere and I are here trying to have a respectful football discussion and you jump in lobbying to get me banned. How very snowflake of you.

Oh and sure, Krieg is nice enough to his fellow sycophants in the brainless lynch mob pitchfork crowd, but we all saw what happened when someone dared dispute the company line. And even though he wished death upon me, you didn't see me on here with great weeping and gnashing of teeth demanding that he be banned.

You know it's funny, I've been reading this board for months, and I regularly see people attacked and made fun of by the lynch mob, especially premium members, and not one time do I recall seeing you distraught and up in arms and demanding that your buddies be banned. Why is that? Hypocrite much?

Lastly, I'm going to need you to please name (screen names only please, real names are not necessary) these high school coaches and Baylor Lettermen that I've attacked and called know-nothings, and in return I'll give them the respect to engage in an actual football discussion with them. And then you'll find out if I know anything about football or not. And please don't say mothball, because then you'll lose all credibility.

Thanks in advance.
NoBSU
Forest Bueller said:

DioNoZeus said:

Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Well #1 I'm not whining, I'm a decent enough guy, who likes reasonable discussion.. When you call someone Aids Bear, much less call a letterman that, it is pretty much as bad as wishing death on somebody.

#2 A group similar to yourself have no desire for real football dialog, but just troll incessantly.

Sure Wac trolls some, he is what he is, but with a generally non- offensive manner and he is funny. Shoot even Milli is funny.

Y'all come over here sounding like 89 year old women stuck in a nursing facility, reduced to nothing more than hateful bickering and dissention. Why spend any time here if you are so offended.

One of your group, called a HS coach with state championship skins at the 6A level a football know nothing. Really you ad nothing, if that is all you can bring. And, that is all I am seeing.
How would people know occupations/player history? I don't know who anyone is outside of Rd2, Brian, Ashley, Colt, Amy, other staff, Thee, and Robby. I can usually guess a Dorr after a couple of posts. I know what a few longtime BF say they do from years of Chit Chat: You insurance, fubar law, Yogi law, Tulip ind eng, JHTBH coach, BaylorOkie builder, Pale Rider minister, setshot coach/prof, etc. I know a few other things via PM, but I have know idea who has state championships.
DioNoZeus
Forest Bueller said:

DioNoZeus said:

Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Please identify the reasonable debate in any of the following threads, all pulled from the first page of this board:

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/26820

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/26253

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/26833

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/26819

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/26616

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/22385

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/25682

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/26307

The fact of the matter is that trolling on this board existed long before your squatter camp was brought over here. You guys can dish it out with the best of them but as soon as someone calls you out on your bull****, your vaginitis kicks in and you start complaining about trolling. If your feelings are hurt this easily, maybe message boards aren't for you. After all, the internet is really serious business.

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger
marco

Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Ohhh boy, it looks like it's that time of the month for someone. Jushappytobehere and I are here trying to have a respectful football discussion and you jump in lobbying to get me banned. How very snowflake of you.

Oh and sure, Krieg is nice enough to his fellow sycophants in the brainless lynch mob pitchfork crowd, but we all saw what happened when someone dared dispute the company line. And even though he wished death upon me, you didn't see me on here with great weeping and gnashing of teeth demanding that he be banned.

You know it's funny, I've been reading this board for months, and I regularly see people attacked and made fun of by the lynch mob, especially premium members, and not one time do I recall seeing you distraught and up in arms and demanding that your buddies be banned. Why is that? Hypocrite much?

Lastly, I'm going to need you to please name (screen names only please, real names are not necessary) these high school coaches and Baylor Lettermen that I've attacked and called know-nothings, and in return I'll give them the respect to engage in an actual football discussion with them. And then you'll find out if I know anything about football or not. And please don't say mothball, because then you'll lose all credibility.

Thanks in advance.
You've added absolutely nothing. Go back into your hole. You're not trying to have a conversation, you're looking for opportunities to argue a subject you know little about. That's the definition of trolling.
PervertedLittleTarts
marco said:

Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Thanks in advance.
You've added absolutely nothing. Go back into your hole. You're not trying to have a conversation, you're looking for opportunities to argue a subject you know little about. That's the definition of trolling.

Oh I'm not going anywhere little marco, so I guess you'll just have to suck it up. You think I don't know anything about football? Lol. I know more than you and 30 of the most active posters on this board combined. But hey, don't take my word for it, step on out and bring up a insightful football topic, and we will discuss it. But you're not interested in that, are you? Nah, you're just here to b**** and moan about 1-11 and Liberty, right?
DioNoZeus
marco said:

Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Thanks in advance.
I guess self-awareness really isn't your thing

DAC
DioNoZeus said:

Forest Bueller said:

DioNoZeus said:

Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Please identify the reasonable debate in any of the following threads, all pulled from the first page of this board:

The fact of the matter is that trolling on this board existed long before your squatter camp was brought over here. You guys can dish it out with the best of them but as soon as someone calls you out on your bull****, your vaginitis kicks in and you start complaining about trolling. If your feelings are hurt this easily, maybe message boards aren't for you. After all, the internet is really serious business.
you got way too much time on your hands go do something productive
Forest Bueller
DioNoZeus said:

Forest Bueller said:

DioNoZeus said:

Forest Bueller said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

Forest Bueller
Vagi what?

Are you a woman or something, you sure argue like one.

Clearly not capable of a discussion like a man.

Easy to talk empty crap behind your keyboard. Seems that what your ilk majors in.
GhettoHEBear
Probably time to lock this up
Baylor Mafioso
NoBSU
GhettoHEBear said:

It will just start up again tomorrow.
PervertedLittleTarts
GhettoHEBear said:

No no no, Jushappytobehere and I were trying to have a respectful football discussion, and plus I'm waiting on Bueller to respond to my salient questions above.
DioNoZeus
Forest Bueller said:

Vagi what?

Are you a woman or something, you sure argue like one.

Clearly not capable of a discussion like a man.

Easy to talk empty crap behind your keyboard. Seems that what your ilk majors in.

Riiight. The guy whining about people trolling the board is the one having a "discussion like a man."

Forest Bueller
Yac Yac Yac, you ad nothing along with PLVT. Maybe by putting your entire group on permanent ignore I can still have some real football discussions with the real football people on here, by removing the fanboys from the discussion.

This free board has become nothing but entertainment for a handful of Premium members who get their nickers in a bind every time someone shows any doubt about the current "program".

That said, Rhule is a good coach and the talent is here for 6 or 7 wins if they can get and stay healthy. That is what I hope anyway.
Doc Holliday
Jacques Strap said:

Not a fan of the recent play and change in offensive style but I would never under any circumstances boo my team or coach. Just how I roll.
Its kind of like disciplining your child, nobody wants to do it, but it's for their own good.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Mothra
xiledinok said:

I think the image of Baylor football on the national level was defined against Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl.
Rhule might have thought in the long run, there needed to be more physical players at Baylor.
A speed team like Oklahoma was beaten by Georgia playing Oklahoma's game.
Recruiting natural speed and make them stronger. The speed teams better be able to go power at times.
The Bears just recruited the fastest group in school history.
Copy Clemson.

It's all about posters being horrified witnessing their fan favorite get hurt running a drill.
As I said, I am fine if Rhule wants to run a more physical practice. While I think the Briles dominant running game proved they were certainly every bit as physical as the best of them (Rhule has never had a good running game, just FYI), if Rhule thinks the players need to be more physical, that is his prerogative as head coach,

However, the corollary to that is Rhule doesn't get to use the injury excuse to justify a dismal season when it is his physical style that caused the injury. That is one reason I don't give him a pass for the status of the O line. Thrift, a starter, would have helped immensely last year.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

I think the image of Baylor football on the national level was defined against Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl.
Rhule might have thought in the long run, there needed to be more physical players at Baylor.
Recruiting natural speed and make them stronger. The speed teams better be able to go power at times.
Copy Clemson.

It's all about posters being horrified witnessing their fan favorite get hurt running a drill.
As I said, I am fine if Rhule wants to run a more physical practice. While I think the Briles dominant running game proved they were certainly every bit as physical as the best of them (Rhule has never had a good running game, just FYI), if Rhule thinks the players need to be more physical, that is his prerogative as head coach,

However, the corollary to that is Rhule doesn't get to use the injury excuse to justify a dismal season when it is his physical style that caused the injury. That is one reason I don't give him a pass for the status of the O line. Thrift, a starter, would have helped immensely last year.

I have a hard time believing Thrift would have been a huge difference this past year. It was a patch job line with Thrift. We were doomed with the lack of numbers on the offensive line, inexperience and lacked a great deal of upperclassmen with talent on the line.
Briles running game was great between the 20s. Once the field shrunk against decent teams, running inside the 20s wasn't as easy.
The Oklahoma drill with a running back is a true Oklahoma Drill. The drill in question must of been horrifying to watch with the player getting hurt though injuries happen in football.
Forest Bueller
I suppose the national perception might be about the MSU game.

My final perception was the NC game where the announcers and afterwards the commentators kept going on about the Baylor offense. It was the most dominating rushing onslaught I had seen, against a team that had just taken Clemson down to the wire.

No doubt BU was still a work in progress. But, the sky was the limit, they were finally recruiting better defensive players and even with mainly 3's and a few 2's and 4's they were still a very good team.

Hopefully, football wise, those days will be back. Rhule will have to decide he really wants to stay here, and his coaching will have to catch up with what he did at Temple. 1-11 was a huge disappointment, but there is hope, better recruiting is here, talent has to catch up with the new scheme, before it can work though.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Copy Clemson.

I have a hard time believing Thrift would have been a huge difference this past year. It was a patch job line with Thrift. We were doomed with the lack of numbers on the offensive line, inexperience and lacked a great deal of upperclassmen with talent on the line.
Briles running game was great between the 20s. Once the field shrunk against decent teams, running inside the 20s wasn't as easy.
The Oklahoma drill with a running back is a true Oklahoma Drill. The drill in question must of been horrifying to watch with the player getting hurt though injuries happen in football.
That's not really a supportable position. The old Baylor offense scored lots of rushing TDs in the red zone.

As I said, could care less about the OK drill. If he feels it helps, so be it - he is the coach and gets to decide. But again, no injury excuses if it injures our players.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Copy Clemson.

That's not really a supportable position. The old Baylor offense scored lots of rushing TDs in the red zone.

As I said, could care less about the OK drill. If he feels it helps, so be it - he is the coach and gets to decide. But again, no injury excuses if it injures our players.

The two most physical teams Baylor played in 2014 beat Baylor. In 2015, the big and strong teams beat Baylor. We couldn't even run the ball against TCU's 3rd team defensive line in the rainstorm.

Mothra
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Copy Clemson.

The two most physical teams Baylor played in 2014 beat Baylor. In 2015, the big and strong teams beat Baylor. We couldn't even run the ball against TCU's 3rd team defensive line in the rainstorm.

Meh. TCU couldn't do anything against us either. Probably had something to do with the monsoon and our third string QB at the helm.
xiledinok
Were we on our 3rd string defensive line?
TCU was beaten like Greg Hardy's girlfriend on their defensive line and we were dominated by them.
Our play calling was odd and stupid while tcu was hurt and fragile.
Of course, Patterson motivates his team and all of the 61-58 stuff is great but don't get beat by a banged up team the next year. It takes more than a season to earn national respect.

Mothra
xiledinok said:

TCU was beaten like Greg Hardy's girlfriend on their defensive line and we were dominated by them.
Of course, Patterson motivates his team and all of the 61-58 stuff is great but don't get beat by a banged up team the next year. It takes more than a season to earn national respect.

Whatever defensive line we were using, it stopped them all game long.

Like I said, monsoon.
Forest Bueller
xiledinok said:

Well, 50 wins in 5 years is enough duration to earn national respect.

That's all gone for now, but hopeful within 3 years real success will be back.
xiledinok
Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

It is if you play some squads outside the conference that are Power 5 contenders.
When I traveled respect wasn't the words to best describe how others felt about us.
ESPN GameDay made an entire script each week to bash on our embarrassing schedule. Remember BEAR and his crack stat team on GameDay? It was pure entertainment but convinced most folks that our schedule was set up to avoid competition and have the path of least resistance to make the playoffs.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Whatever defensive line we were using, it stopped them all game long.

Like I said, monsoon.
We didn't drive around and pound the little TCU inexperienced defensive line like others had on a weekly basis.
After Cyril left, did we even have a offensive guard sniff all conference?
80sBEAR
xiledinok said:

Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

It is if you play some squads outside the conference that are Power 5 contenders.
When I traveled respect wasn't the words to best describe how others felt about us.
ESPN GameDay made an entire script each week to bash on our embarrassing schedule. Remember BEAR and his crack stat team on GameDay? It was pure entertainment but convinced most folks that our schedule was set up to avoid competition and have the path of least resistance to make the playoffs.

Not sure, my friend, why you continue to beat this dead horse. Alabama played Fresno State, Colorado State, and Mercer in 2017. Things worked out okay for them. And they didn't even win their conference.

Let's learn to beat the Libertys and UTSAs of the world and then we can worry about beefing up our non-conference schedule.
xiledinok
80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

Not sure, my friend, why you continue to beat this dead horse. Alabama played Fresno State, Colorado State, and Mercer in 2017. Things worked out okay for them. And they didn't even win their conference.

Let's learn to beat the Libertys and UTSAs of the world and then we can worry about beefing up our non-conference schedule.
We look even worse when we start bringing up Alabama and its scheduling. Didn't tv want to line us up against Alabama in Dallas or Notre Dame but we were too busy trying to schedule a game against Cal in Australia? Turned out Cal scheduled the game against Hawaii and we took on the Louisiana-directional last place squad.

Alabama wants all Power 5 to schedule all Power 5 and give the networks and college football a needed boost. It is a sham process to have some schools playing conference championship games while others don't play a championship game.
It would be a bigger sham that some G5 school would get love for the CFP while playing only three or four Power 5 schools. No chance they owners of the CFP reward those schools. It would cause outrage among those Power 5 schools trying to make everyone money.
80sBEAR
xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

We look even worse when start bringing up Alabama and its scheduling. Didn't tv want to line us up against Alabama in Dallas or Notre Dame but we were too busy trying to schedule a game against Cal in Australia? Turned out Cal schedule the game against Hawaii and we took on the Louisiana-directional last place squad.

Alabama wants all Power 5 to schedule all Power 5 and give the networks and college football a needed boost. It is a sham process to have some schools playing conference championship games while others don't play a championship game. It would be a bigger sham that some G5 school would get love for the CFP while playing only three or four Power 5 schools. No chance they owners of the CFP reward those schools. It would cause outrage among those Power 5 schools trying to make everyone money.

Hopefully the undefeated UCF squad from last season will reignite the 8-team playoff talk. Boy, they got screwed!
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
xiledinok
80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

We look even worse when start bringing up Alabama and its scheduling. Didn't tv want to line us up against Alabama in Dallas or Notre Dame but we were too busy trying to schedule a game against Cal in Australia? Turned out Cal schedule the game against Hawaii and we took on the Louisiana-directional last place squad.

Alabama wants all Power 5 to schedule all Power 5 and give the networks and college football a needed boost. It is a sham process to have some schools playing conference championship games while others don't play a championship game. It would be a bigger sham that some G5 school would get love for the CFP while playing only three or four Power 5 schools. No chance they owners of the CFP reward those schools. It would cause outrage among those Power 5 schools trying to make everyone money.

Hopefully the undefeated UCF squad from last season will reignite the 8-team playoff talk. Boy, they got screwed!
It will not because their schedule was built playing non Power 5. The 8 team playoff is the whine of G5 and a bunch of people who forget college football is built around tv and some schooling (though we don't know what classes they take these days). There's not enough sponsorship money and the bowl games would be watered down with more teams in the playoff. Why not reward those Power 5 schools that do what is asked of them to allow everyone to make money?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.