Football
Sponsored by

Fire rhule now...

25,057 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SoTexBear
SATXBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
witchmo said:

From my rather expensive seats it appears to me that the problem hasn't been what O or D we've used but how we used them and how we've utilized our talent in them. That's prolly a bigger problem with the O.

I'm convinced we have significant talent: enough to win but also that a large part of that ain't ready for prime time-this year, at least. Maybe even in 2019.

I'm convinced that this staff can evaluate potential based on some performance and improved hudl's from jr. to sr. years. And, they can recruit.

I'm convinced they know the game and what they want to accomplish. Have been from the Nattygame where Rhule, McIntyre, Barbers et al had a running commentary. Rhule commented on stuff before anyone else seemed to see it...he was way ahead in the recognition game and the ways to counter what was happening.

Will Rhule be successful beyond mediocrity? Don't know. I have some real concerns this year despite the improvements. Can the staff adapt to what guys can do vs. what they want them to do? Don't know. Maybe they've done that and the results show that.

I appreciate the fact that this staff has been patient and not panicked and junked their plans/blueprint. We needed three full recruiting years to stabilize the program and we are 1.5 years into that. It will take more to regain what we lost to get where we expect to be. Or maybe want to be. I don't know what folks expect.

I recently had a football coach tell me "Everyone likes Rhule right now, but in 3 more years, they're not going to anymore. Once his recruits develop to where they are able to play and execute the way he wants them to, he will have a nasty team no one wants to play." He added with a big laugh, "And we've seen that before!"

Who knows? But I give some kudos to the staff for being men about this struggle and keeping things close to the vest.

Good points Witchmo
Gunny Hartman
oldbear69 said:

Just do it.... are we really afraid a new guy might go 0-12 or 4-8 ? Jersey don't fit ...we must acquit..... now...

I noticed you haven't been back since this morning to celebrate the win.

I have a better idea, let's fire you now.
BaylorBJM
Stranger said:

Bearish said:

If we don't fumble inside our own 30, they don't kick a field goal. If we don't fumble in the red zone, we potentially score a TD. There's your game, fellas. Blame coaches all you want, but players can lose you games, too.

If, if, if. Little Matty's ineptitude and lack of coaching put the players in a position to fail.

He's a loser and a pretender and he needs to leave right now.
Stranger: our resident dumbass.
SATXBear
BaylorBJM said:

Stranger said:

Bearish said:

If we don't fumble inside our own 30, they don't kick a field goal. If we don't fumble in the red zone, we potentially score a TD. There's your game, fellas. Blame coaches all you want, but players can lose you games, too.

If, if, if. Little Matty's ineptitude and lack of coaching put the players in a position to fail.

He's a loser and a pretender and he needs to leave right now.
Stranger: our resident dumbass.

I have read a lot of Stranger's BS. I hope he did not go to Baylor. It would be a shame.
BaylorBJM
True story, back in August Stranger predicted this team was a 2-win team.

I offered to make a bet, any bet, for any amount, AND I would give him two extra wins just in case. He completely ghosted on the offer.

He's got a bit of coward in him.

And he's not a very smart one at that.
Gunny Hartman
PartyBear said:

Rhule pledged "at least 6 wins" even 3 weeks ago. He will not deliver and hence whatever other things he says about his process are also lacking credibility. Rhule is shot here.

I'm sorry, Rhule won't deliver what again?
John Cougar
TexasScientist said:

PartyBear said:

oldbear69 said:

Just do it.... are we really afraid a new guy might go 0-12 or 4-8 ? Jersey don't fit ...we must acquit..... now...

A good coach should be able to turn it around from Rhule quickly. There is talent here to work with. Rhule just isn't good at that.
We should can Rhule now before he has two more years to dig the hole deeper. Two more years of Rhule and we'll be in the hole Kansas is leaving.
Some smart people in this thread. Where are you losers at?
SATXBear
John Cougar said:

TexasScientist said:

PartyBear said:

oldbear69 said:

A good coach should be able to turn it around from Rhule quickly. There is talent here to work with. Rhule just isn't good at that.
We should can Rhule now before he has two more years to dig the hole deeper. Two more years of Rhule and we'll be in the hole Kansas is leaving.

Maybe some of the trolls like scientist will fade away.
EvilTroyAndAbed
OP is such a loser
EvilTroyAndAbed
Reverend said:

Rhule was a mistake. A bad one. Time to move on......probably to the next one. We shot ourselves in the dick, and it's hell to recover.
Has this idiot shown up today?
Gunny Hartman
Baylor had a big program building win today, and shockingly some of the usual suspects haven't made a single appearance on this board.

Actually it's not shocking at all.
Stefano DiMera
PartyBear..Kite23 ..OldBear69..need to be called out at EACH AND EVERY OPPORTUNITY.
oldbear69
Stefano DiMera said:

PartyBear..Kite23 ..OldBear69..need to be called out at EACH AND EVERY OPPORTUNITY.
wow...we lost to a very bad tcu team, with a third string qb and we beat a very bad tech team , with a third string qb,,,,,,with 1 leg.....stef you and your evil twin keep puffing out those chests,,,,,didnt i see u rush the field yesterday.....btw,, i aint goin no where......my regret is, that i didnt make "the list"
Bear8084
oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

wow...we lost to a very bad tcu team, with a third string qb and we beat a very bad tech team , with a third string qb,,,,,,with 1 leg.....stef you and your evil twin keep puffing out those chests,,,,,didnt i see u rush the field yesterday.....btw,, i aint goin no where......my regret is, that i didnt make "the list"

That very bad TCU team just beat a Okie State team that just beat WVU...

Keep crapping all over the team accomplishments trying to find ways to turn it into a negative. You'll just keep showing how wrong you are.
Gunny Hartman
oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

You really are a miserable bas-tard aren't you
oldbear69
Gunny Hartman said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

wow,,mary hartman,,,,,mary hartman....got up on the wrong side this mornin,,,,,hey mary,,,bet you rushed the field with stef....huh....oh, thats right u werent there......
bear2be2
SATXBear said:

John Cougar said:

TexasScientist said:

PartyBear said:

oldbear69 said:

One can hope.
Gunny Hartman
oldbear69 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

wow,,mary hartman,,,,,mary hartman....got up on the wrong side this mornin,,,,,hey mary,,,bet you rushed the field with stef....huh....oh, thats right u werent there......

An illiterate one also
bear2be2
Bear8084 said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Keep crapping all over the team accomplishments trying to find ways to turn it into a negative. You'll just keep showing how wrong you are.
Yep, the more that goalpost moves, the dumber these folks look.

The sad part is they don't seem to grasp this concept.
PartyBear
Stefano DiMera said:

Again I don't blame you because I have no idea what all you have said here on hobestly and it doesn't matter to me, there is more to life than keeping track of what folks say here. I assume you have the same attitude. So you clearly haven't read the threads I have started. But carry on with your bogey man strategy on a weekend you should be happy. Lol!
TexasScientist
SATXBear said:

John Cougar said:

TexasScientist said:

PartyBear said:

oldbear69 said:

I often qualified my posts, stating that I hoped I was wrong. At this point, I'm willing to admit I was partially wrong, in that I didn't think he would get six or more wins. However, he didn't really soundly defeat anyone, and he lost some that he should have won. His team is inconsistent in play and results. It will be interesting to see if he can win a bowl game. I still believe his system and style will not produce records much better than where they are now. I don't see him ever seriously contending for B12 champion. But, as I said before, I hope I'm wrong and hope for the opporunity to eat my words.
Timbear
Rhule is hard to figure. The last 2:35 of the first half with 2 time-outs was the worst O for the situation I've ever seen. That was the TCU game in a nutshell, but the 2nd half against TT was great, and we won. So, I hope the good Rhule shows up at the Bowl Game.
oldbear69
Bear8084 said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

"That very bad TCU team just beat a Okie State team that just beat WVU"......who lost to OU ....who lost to UT..who beat Kansas..who beat..that great TCU team....you celebrated way to much...stay off the sauce...you make my head spin....
Bear8084
oldbear69 said:

Bear8084 said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

"That very bad TCU team just beat a Okie State team that just beat WVU"......who lost to OU ....who lost to UT..who beat Kansas..who beat..that great TCU team....you celebrated way to much...stay off the sauce...you make my head spin....

Just showing the parity of the conference and just because we lost to TCU doesn't mean it takes away from what this team accomplished, which you seem dead set on with your crazy ramblings of negativity.
Gunny Hartman
oldbear69 said:

Bear8084 said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

You seem fully committed to proving just how low a person's IQ can be
oldbear69
Gunny Hartman said:

oldbear69 said:

Bear8084 said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

coming from you Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman i consider that a compliment....
Gunny Hartman
oldbear69 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

oldbear69 said:

Bear8084 said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Apparently you believe it's an insult to be called a female, so we can add misogyny to your illiteracy. Keep digging, you're doing fine.
xiledinok
Gunny won.
Stefano DiMera
Good post..this topic is probably worthy of a new thread. But I think we're seeing a shift in the Big 12 and Rhule maybe ahead of the curve.

It looks like the CFB committee is gonna hammer OU for lack of defense. Herman at UT has got a great DC and Kirby Hocutt at Tech mentioned hiring a defensive coach.

I think the pendulum is shifting.
PartyBear
What do you mean Herman is going to change his DC?? Nevermind I thought you had said Herman is looking at a defensive coach.

As to Herman's offense to me it looks similar to our's but is stronger than our's right now. Incidentally some talking heads during one of their games called it a BiG type offense from his Ohio State day's.
Bubear2020
With all due respect your insider that's all he is. He hears things from the inside and tries observe but if he thinks nothings changed he's very wrong. I'm around a lot of the guys in a lot of capacities. I can guarantee you the culture has changed.
PervertedLittleTarts
Stranger said:

BUBBFAN said:

Bubear2020 said:

Can I ask something of everyone that wants CMR fired? How bout we drop the firing comments for now and if next year were a win or two worse you can start them again or by his fourth year if we still haven't made a bowl game can you call for it again.

The reason I think it'll work out is one look at history. He did the same thing at temple and I know it's not power five but that also means no power five recruiting either.

Two a recruits dad said it this way "the coaching staff here at Baylor is one of the most impressive coaching staffs I've ever interacted with." His first son had 20+ D1 offers.

Because I'm a good baptist I'll stop at three even though i could continue. I think our defense is in a different place than ever before. I know they're still not great but after talking to a player on the defensive side he said "man that playbook is tough but I think we're all starting to come around on it and be able to play. We're all playing a lot looser now."

All that to say I know on the game field the results aren't there yet but the culture has changed, they're starting to understand the playbook, and they're wowing the pants off recruits. So before we jump all the way back to square one and start over let's just take a minute and see how the next year or two goes.
This makes way to much sense.

An insider tells me the culture has changed
Very little. Same type of players.

Is that the same insider that told you we lost our men's tennis coach because the the athletic department was short on money, a few days before we hired the Nick Saban of tennis coaches?
oldbear69
Gunny Hartman said:

oldbear69 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

oldbear69 said:

Bear8084 said:

oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Hey PartyBear..Kite23 ..OldBear69..need to be called out at EACH AND EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

Apparently you believe it's an insult to be called a female, so we can add misogyny to your illiteracy. Keep digging, you're doing fine.
Misogyny???? Hell I just like 70s sitcoms....bet ur a never trumper to boot....lol
greatdivide
Timbear said:

The last 2:35 of the first half with 2 time-outs was the worst O for the situation I've ever seen.
Hard to take you seriously with comments like that. Either you have not watched much football (which may be the case) or you overstate your point to try to stay negative. Regardless, your credibility is low after this season.
ShooterTX
Timbear said:

Rhule is hard to figure. The last 2:35 of the first half with 2 time-outs was the worst O for the situation I've ever seen. That was the TCU game in a nutshell, but the 2nd half against TT was great, and we won. So, I hope the good Rhule shows up at the Bowl Game.
I think the big differences between Tech and TCU were 2 fold.

1. Brewer was able to connect downfield with receivers.... something he hasn't done consistently all year.
Stretching the defense vertically was a big key to the run game success in the 1st half.
2. Our weak OL was able to push around the weak & tired DL of Tech in the 2nd half.... also something that hasn't been done consistently this year. Keeping the Tech defense on the field in the 2nd & 3rd quarters was all the difference in running out the clock for the win in the 4th.

I still don't like our playbook, but I am so happy for the win! Those players deserve a bowl game, especially the seniors who have stood through so much adversity. It was a huge victory for the team and the program. I still want improvements in the OC and playbook for next year, but I doubt it will happen now. This offense was enough to beat the weaker teams in the conference, but not enough to get us to a conference championship in the future. Even with improved talent, I don't have faith in this offense to go 10-2 or 11-1. Let's face it, if we ever want a remote shot at the CFP, we will need a 13-0 championship season. To get there we need to continue to improve on defense (well underway), and vastly improve our redzone scoring percentage. My concern is with the latter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.