Football
Sponsored by

Kendal Briles commits to staying as Assoc HC and OC at Houston

37,794 Views | 281 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

What happened the last month? I dont follow UH that closely. I just think they have done well enough under Applewhite that he might be getting some consideration. Again though I have not seen his name pop up however.
They lost 4 games total this season. 3 in one month! (November)

Meanwhile X glorifies a coach who can't beat Liberty......
Cabers sure are having an existential crisis, Baylor's going to a bowl and your boy can't even get hired at Liberty.

Yet here you are *****ing and moaning still on a Baylor board.
MilliVanilli
Doc Holliday said:

REX said:

Y'all are making X nervous
Lots of sleepless nights in store for my little buddy
Imagine if CAB got hired somewhere and played BU
LMAO
That's the Caber dream, but McCaw never got around to scheduling Florence surprisingly.
boognish_bear
PartyBear said:

KB may land a P5 HC position without having to be a G5 HC first if he lands one of these two OC positions. I would add if Applewhite loses Briles, he may become one of the rarities that is of a UH HC who has had to be fired over the last 16 to 18 years.

Yep...KB raised Kiffin's perception at FAU and now Major's at UH. I imagine Major is desperate to hang on to him
MilliVanilli
boognish_bear said:

PartyBear said:

KB may land a P5 HC position without having to be a G5 HC first if he lands one of these two OC positions. I would add if Applewhite loses Briles, he may become one of the rarities that is of a UH HC who has had to be fired over the last 16 to 18 years.

Yep...KB raised Kiffin's perception at FAU and now Major's at UH. I imagine Major is desperate to hang on to him
According to AgentGrant new North Carolina coach Mack Brown was grooming Major Applewhite to be UT's next head coach (before apparently jumping back into coaching himself)...despite the fact they just made the Big 12 title, and he wasn't allowed to join Herman's staff in Austin because of his bedding of coeds during his last stint...

It's a wonderful alternate reality some of these people inhabit that swear they have insider info.

Of course, he also guaranteed Gundy was coming to Baylor, another insider tip he gave...

You on the other hand are probably right about Major desperate to hold on to someone that can help him look better.
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

REX said:

Y'all are making X nervous
Lots of sleepless nights in store for my little buddy
Imagine if CAB got hired somewhere and played BU
LMAO

Lol! I imagine that's not going to happen. What IF the NCAA has a show cause? I can imagine it.
I bet Rex loses sleep over Baby Briles getting a coordinator job and those in charge shooting it down because of external pressure. The wave of scorn and shame is difficult for schools.

When Baby Briles gets his coordinator job at an SEC school, I ll be checking the head sizes of the quarterbacks he has on his roster. Bet which ones get killed and blown up with injury.
boognish_bear
contrario
I guess he isn't committed to UH after all
boognish_bear
Reppin' the Coogs for at least one more day...

xiledinok
He's wondering why Tech never called him. Then he remembers he was one of the few to lose to Kingsbury.....
REX
You really can't sleep over this can you?
I've been playing with you about your problem but you need to get medical care.
Seriously
xiledinok
REX said:

You really can't sleep over this can you?
I've been playing with you about your problem but you need to get medical care.
Seriously

It's recruiting season. Why would any educated parent trust Baby Briles to keep his word? I guess looking people in the eye and lying to them is hereditary.
Thee University
"Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players."
xiledinok
Baby Briles tried to make Baylor women objects for a recruiting pitch. So sad, I doubt he could sale asshxle beeds in a gay nightclub in Houston.
Doc Holliday
xiledinok said:

Baby Briles tried to make Baylor women objects for a recruiting pitch. So sad, he doubt he could sale asshxle beeds in a gay nightclub in Houston.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

Baby Briles tried to make Baylor women objects for a recruiting pitch. So sad, he doubt he could sale asshxle beeds in a gay nightclub in Houston.

I was being generous. Unless your mama stood on the street corner for cash, the common man wouldn't like his young son being offered only ass for his signature to play football.
PacificBear
Thee University said:

"Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players."
While this may sound bad and not PC, this was a huge selling feature for me to attend Baylor. Baylor was known to have good looking "white" rich girls. It was spoken of often all over the state and Baylor was always ranked in Playboys top ten campus coeds. Maybe it has changed since I was in school and KB was lying to recruits? Are there no more good looking Baylor women?
EGOTbear
but..but...but...what about FSU?

bear2be2
PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

While this may sound bad and not PC, this was a huge selling feature for me to attend Baylor. Baylor was known to have good looking "white" rich girls. It was spoken of often all over the state and Baylor was always ranked in Playboys top ten campus coeds. Maybe it has changed since I was in school and KB was lying to recruits? Are there no more good looking Baylor women?
So Kendal and Playboy were sharing the same recruiting pitch? That may have been part of the problem.

The lengths some of you guys have gone to to rationalize and numb yourself to these words -- and Art's text messages, for that matter -- are pretty extraordinary. If you can't sell Baylor without pimping out other men's daughters, you're a poor recruiter. And that you would resort to that at all makes you a scumbag.

And, yes, there is a massive difference between saying "Baylor has a lot of attractive coeds" and "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players." That some of you don't recognize this is pretty alarming. One is a statement of fact. The other is gross.
xiledinok
PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

Unless you went to some chump change private school or small public school, you and the recruits know there 's ass on Power 5 campuses, you already had your cherry popped and understand a football player might get laid.
If you've actually encountered major blueblood recruiters, you know everyone is too smart and slick to get busted for peddling pussie on the recruiting trail.

Who else in college football has been busted for pandering? It takes a full blooded moron to get popped for it.
PacificBear
I loved on many of Baylors hot white chicks. Good God those were the days!
xiledinok
PacificBear said:

I loved on many of Baylors hot white chicks. Good God those were the days!
What happen? Did you peak at Baylor?
Malbec
bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

So Kendal and Playboy were sharing the same recruiting pitch? That may have been part of the problem.

The lengths some of you guys have gone to to rationalize and numb yourself to these words -- and Art's text messages, for that matter -- are pretty extraordinary. If you can't sell Baylor without pimping out other men's daughters, you're a poor recruiter. And that you would resort to that at all makes you a scumbag.

And, yes, there is a massive difference between saying "Baylor has a lot of attractive coeds" and "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players." That some of you don't recognize this is pretty alarming. One is a statement of fact. The other is gross.
And the lengths some people will go to perpetuate an anonymous statement from a plaintiff's attorney's lawsuit pleading that has never been corroborated by another solitary recruit, even from a rival school is pathetic.
xiledinok
Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

And the lengths some people will go to perpetuate an anonymous statement from a plaintiff's attorney's lawsuit pleading that has never been corroborated by another solitary recruit, even from a rival school is pathetic.

No, it was from a recruit's dad and was an NCAA issue. This wasn't a legal filing.
You need to catch up.
Bear2 is media. He has a good grasp. Sure miss Nobsu. His last post was about not trusting Engel, who peddled for Briles at the end to damage Baylor.
Malbec
xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

No, it was from a recruit's dad and was an NCAA issue. This wasn't a legal filing.
You need to catch up.
Bear2 is media. He has a good grasp. Sure miss Nobsu. His last post was about not trusting Engel, who peddled for Briles at the end to damage Baylor.
Quote:

Lawsuit alleges new FAU assistant Kendal Briles tried luring Baylor recruits with 'white women'
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sfl-lawsuit-kendal-briles-baylor-fau-20170127-story.html
xiledinok
Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

You need to catch up.
Quote:

Lawsuit alleges new FAU assistant Kendal Briles tried luring Baylor recruits with 'white women'
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sfl-lawsuit-kendal-briles-baylor-fau-20170127-story.html

Tcu's Dad was Thee's quote.
NCAA issue.
Dumb moronic pitch that was wild and made it easy to put in a petition. Unfortunately, I haven't see anything for your side to refute it.
I expected more from the fat kid.
Doc Holliday
xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

You need to catch up.
X, no one really cares about Briles anymore.
We're just shootin the sh/t on the former administration and seeing where they go.

We want the BOR gone. They will never be removed for their heinous part in this scandal, their trashing of the innocent players and duty to hold Baylor to a higher standard and lack of transparency. They're a cancer within and are held accountable to no one.

There will be more scandals unfolding as long as they continue to operate. Bank on it.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

You need to catch up.
X, no one really cares about Briles anymore.
We're just shootin the sh/t on the former administration and seeing where they go.

We want the BOR gone. They will never be removed for their heinous part in this scandal, their trashing of the innocent players and duty to hold Baylor to a higher standard and lack of transparency. They're a cancer within and are held accountable to no one.

There will be more scandals unfolding as long as they continue to operate. Bank on it.

You've been grossly ineffective because you all ride the Briles horse and they use you all like opportunitists.
bear2be2
Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

Kendal has had almost two years to refute that widely disseminated quote and all we've heard is crickets. If I didn't say what was alleged to have been said, I'd be telling anyone who would listen. When no effort is made to correct the record, you're allowing the record to stand as is.
Malbec
xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

You need to catch up.
Quote:

NCAA issue.
Dumb moronic pitch that was wild and made it easy to put in a petition. Unfortunately, I haven't see anything for your side to refute it.
It's not up to anyone to refute an uncorroborated accusation. But then you know this, and for you to make the suggestion that someone else could be making racially-tinged comments is laughable. And FYI, the only side I am on is the side of truth, fairness, the rule of law, the presumption of innocence, and the disavowal of the reflexive mob.
bear2be2
Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

You need to catch up.
Quote:

NCAA issue.
It's not up to anyone to refute an uncorroborated accusation. But then you know this, and for you to make the suggestion that someone else could be making racially-tinged comments is laughable. And FYI, the only side I am on is the side of truth, fairness, the rule of law, the presumption of innocence, and the disavowal of the reflexive mob.
It is when that accusation is being accepted as fact nationwide. To suggest Kendal has no interest in refuting that quote is disingenuous at best. His silence allows that quote -- and the insinuations that come with it -- to be perpetuated.

It's far more likely that he doesn't refute it because he can't.
xiledinok
Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

You need to catch up.
Quote:

NCAA issue.

It's all over the internet and the NCAA sparked an inquiry because it is a violation. It's was sadly funny because no one has ever been popped for it other than him.
The reflexive mob was Fatty Patty IF you believe all of this is a conspiracy. The player signed with him.
Malbec
bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

Kendal has had almost two years to refute that widely disseminated quote and all we've heard is crickets. If I didn't say what was alleged to have been said, I'd be telling anyone who would listen. When no effort is made to correct the record, you're allowing the record to stand as is.
Criminy! Now you want to say someone should go public to refute an uncorroborated statement in a plaintiff's pleading, after you have said before that Art Briles should have just kept his mouth shut and let everything just blow over. I am certain that Kendal refuted the baseless claims to the people that mattered. Or are you suggesting that university administrators willfully hired a coach to recruit for them without asking him if such claims were true? Or that they hired him despite him not refuting them? You really shouldn't let X make your drinks. There's some weird stuff in those.
Malbec
bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

You need to catch up.
Quote:

NCAA issue.
It is when that accusation is being accepted as fact nationwide. To suggest Kendal has no interest in refuting that quote is disingenuous at best. His silence allows that quote -- and the insinuations that come with it -- to be perpetuated.

Your hypocrisy is palpable. That same pleading suggested that an officially sanctioned group of Baylor coeds provided favors to lure recruits. Members of that group offered a public refutation. Are you now being selective about the veracity of claims in that pleading? It seems clear that you are.
Doc Holliday
Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

You need to catch up.
Quote:

NCAA issue.

Your hypocrisy is palpable. That same pleading suggested that an officially sanctioned group of Baylor coeds provided favors to lure recruits. Members of that group offered a public refutation. Are you now being selective about the veracity of claims in that pleading? It seems clear that you are.
They would hate Briles if the scandal never happened.
4th and Inches
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.