Football
Sponsored by

Kendal Briles commits to staying as Assoc HC and OC at Houston

37,793 Views | 281 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

"Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players."
I think Kendall's comment is racist personally.

Why leave out black, brown, yellow & red?
4th and Inches
Thee University said:

Thee University said:

"Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players."

agreed! Ranks up there with the regent who said Baylor had the best blond haired blue eyed P****!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
xiledinok
Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

While this may sound bad and not PC, this was a huge selling feature for me to attend Baylor. Baylor was known to have good looking "white" rich girls. It was spoken of often all over the state and Baylor was always ranked in Playboys top ten campus coeds. Maybe it has changed since I was in school and KB was lying to recruits? Are there no more good looking Baylor women?
So Kendal and Playboy were sharing the same recruiting pitch? That may have been part of the problem.

The lengths some of you guys have gone to to rationalize and numb yourself to these words -- and Art's text messages, for that matter -- are pretty extraordinary. If you can't sell Baylor without pimping out other men's daughters, you're a poor recruiter. And that you would resort to that at all makes you a scumbag.

And, yes, there is a massive difference between saying "Baylor has a lot of attractive coeds" and "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players." That some of you don't recognize this is pretty alarming. One is a statement of fact. The other is gross.
And the lengths some people will go to perpetuate an anonymous statement from a plaintiff's attorney's lawsuit pleading that has never been corroborated by another solitary recruit, even from a rival school is pathetic.
Kendal has had almost two years to refute that widely disseminated quote and all we've heard is crickets. If I didn't say what was alleged to have been said, I'd be telling anyone who would listen. When no effort is made to correct the record, you're allowing the record to stand as is.
Criminy! Now you want to say someone should go public to refute an uncorroborated statement in a plaintiff's pleading, after you have said before that Art Briles should have just kept his mouth shut and let everything just blow over. I am certain that Kendal refuted the baseless claims to the people that mattered. Or are you suggesting that university administrators willfully hired a coach to recruit for them without asking him if such claims were true? Or that they hired him despite him not refuting them? You really shouldn't let X make your drinks. There's some weird stuff in those.

He knows I m drinking common sense.
You insult the man but cannot refute him.
It's the truth.

I don't know but I would gladly buy him a drink IF he wanted one.
I'd also be classy enough to give your wife a tip on a beverage for the season. Give her a good idea for Christmas dinner too. However, I would want her to ask her a personal question prior to the food and beverage advice.
REX
xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

While this may sound bad and not PC, this was a huge selling feature for me to attend Baylor. Baylor was known to have good looking "white" rich girls. It was spoken of often all over the state and Baylor was always ranked in Playboys top ten campus coeds. Maybe it has changed since I was in school and KB was lying to recruits? Are there no more good looking Baylor women?
So Kendal and Playboy were sharing the same recruiting pitch? That may have been part of the problem.

The lengths some of you guys have gone to to rationalize and numb yourself to these words -- and Art's text messages, for that matter -- are pretty extraordinary. If you can't sell Baylor without pimping out other men's daughters, you're a poor recruiter. And that you would resort to that at all makes you a scumbag.

And, yes, there is a massive difference between saying "Baylor has a lot of attractive coeds" and "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players." That some of you don't recognize this is pretty alarming. One is a statement of fact. The other is gross.
And the lengths some people will go to perpetuate an anonymous statement from a plaintiff's attorney's lawsuit pleading that has never been corroborated by another solitary recruit, even from a rival school is pathetic.

No, it was from a recruit's dad and was an NCAA issue. This wasn't a legal filing.
You need to catch up.
Bear2 is media. He has a good grasp. Sure miss Nobsu. His last post was about not trusting Engel, who peddled for Briles at the end to damage Baylor.
Quote:

Lawsuit alleges new FAU assistant Kendal Briles tried luring Baylor recruits with 'white women'
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sfl-lawsuit-kendal-briles-baylor-fau-20170127-story.html

Tcu's Dad was Thee's quote.
NCAA issue.
Dumb moronic pitch that was wild and made it easy to put in a petition. Unfortunately, I haven't see anything for your side to refute it.
I expected more from the fat kid.
It's not up to anyone to refute an uncorroborated accusation. But then you know this, and for you to make the suggestion that someone else could be making racially-tinged comments is laughable. And FYI, the only side I am on is the side of truth, fairness, the rule of law, the presumption of innocence, and the disavowal of the reflexive mob.

It's all over the internet and the NCAA sparked an inquiry because it is a violation. It's was sadly funny because no one has ever been popped for it other than him.
The reflexive mob was Fatty Patty IF you believe all of this is a conspiracy. The player signed with him.

So CKB got popped for it?
Will you please let FAU, UH, UT & FSU know. Somehow ALL OF THEM MISSED IT.
Thanks for your help little buddy
PartyBear
Gruvin said:

Thee University said:

Thee University said:

agreed! Ranks up there with the regent who said Baylor had the best blond haired blue eyed P****!

No the racist part of what the Regent said was when he called our African American athletes the n word and said he had the power to rid Baylor of them and would.
Thee University
PartyBear said:

Gruvin said:

Thee University said:

Thee University said:

No the racist part of what the Regent said was when he called our African American athletes the n word and said he had the power to rid Baylor of them and would.
Which Regent said this? I must have missed it.
Thee University
PartyBear said:

Gruvin said:

Thee University said:

Thee University said:

Which Regent said this?
Guy Noir
Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Gruvin said:

Thee University said:

Thee University said:

Which Regent said this?
I think it was Richard Willis : https://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/willis-alleged-comments-included-disparaging-remarks-about-female-baylor-students/article_ade92ea3-5fd1-5aaa-b184-c9ac14cf6c40.html
REX
Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Gruvin said:

Thee University said:

Thee University said:

Which Regent said this? I must have missed it.

There's a tape recording of it
RegentCoverup
Sure there is.

You know how easy it would be to load the recording to a hosted site and let people decide for themselves?

I really want to hear it, but I'll believe it when I hear it.
BUBear24
PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

In all fairness Sig Ep had made that magazine while on BU so...
REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Sure there is.

You know how easy it would be to load the recording to a hosted site and let people decide for themselves?

I really want to hear it, but I'll believe it when I hear it.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

bear2be2 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

No, it was from a recruit's dad and was an NCAA issue. This wasn't a legal filing.
You need to catch up.
Bear2 is media. He has a good grasp. Sure miss Nobsu. His last post was about not trusting Engel, who peddled for Briles at the end to damage Baylor.
Quote:

Lawsuit alleges new FAU assistant Kendal Briles tried luring Baylor recruits with 'white women'
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sfl-lawsuit-kendal-briles-baylor-fau-20170127-story.html

Tcu's Dad was Thee's quote.
NCAA issue.
Dumb moronic pitch that was wild and made it easy to put in a petition. Unfortunately, I haven't see anything for your side to refute it.
I expected more from the fat kid.
It's not up to anyone to refute an uncorroborated accusation. But then you know this, and for you to make the suggestion that someone else could be making racially-tinged comments is laughable. And FYI, the only side I am on is the side of truth, fairness, the rule of law, the presumption of innocence, and the disavowal of the reflexive mob.

It's all over the internet and the NCAA sparked an inquiry because it is a violation. It's was sadly funny because no one has ever been popped for it other than him.
The reflexive mob was Fatty Patty IF you believe all of this is a conspiracy. The player signed with him.

So CKB got popped for it?
Will you please let FAU, UH, UT & FSU know. Somehow ALL OF THEM MISSED IT.
Thanks for your help little buddy

Why did he go to Indy? Or was that because of his daddy?

Why are you here posting? You can't fix Briles reputation. You and his rich buddies don't have the money or willingness to fork out 9 figures to try.

Baby Briles embarrassed himself but I blame it on his DNA.
Crisis management skills or critical thinking are not the his strength. Smart money would have STFU after the firing.
How did turn out for Art?
FWIW, you never answer questions. I cannot blame you. You ll screw it up for your son. He'll probably get fired if you slip up.
bularry
Stefano DiMera said:

Yep..when Ed Oliver beats Applewhite to death they can promote from within.
people make a lot out of that sideline deal, which was a bad look, but in reality Oliver and Applewhite have a really good relationship.
bularry
Thee University said:

Thee University said:

do we know he even really said that? do you really need to tell a football player that they can get women (of any color)?
xiledinok
bularry said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Yep..when Ed Oliver beats Applewhite to death they can promote from within.
people make a lot out of that sideline deal, which was a bad look, but in reality Oliver and Applewhite have a really good relationship.
I was just saying how good it looked to have a player trying to strangle a coach on national television during a game.

bularry
Guy Noir said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Gruvin said:

Thee University said:

Thee University said:

Which Regent said this?
I think it was Richard Willis : https://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/willis-alleged-comments-included-disparaging-remarks-about-female-baylor-students/article_ade92ea3-5fd1-5aaa-b184-c9ac14cf6c40.html
that quote is terrible but not what partybear claims he said.
bularry
xiledinok said:

Baby Briles tried to make Baylor women objects for a recruiting pitch. So sad, I doubt he could sale asshxle beeds in a gay nightclub in Houston.

I'm of the opinion that story is complete BS. it was reported by a parent of a recruit BU decided not to recruit (former tcu QB)
PartyBear
bularry said:

Guy Noir said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Gruvin said:

Thee University said:

Thee University said:

Which Regent said this?
that quote is terrible but not what partybear claims he said.
I had heard that was among what was said. I suppose the tape I have also heard exists will be unsealed at some point.
xiledinok
It wasn't racist but par for the dildo salesman.
Funny how the dildo salesman and the former regime act a bit alike.
It makes it easy for people to blast Baylor and the former regime.
xiledinok
bularry said:

xiledinok said:

Baby Briles tried to make Baylor women objects for a recruiting pitch. So sad, I doubt he could sale asshxle beeds in a gay nightclub in Houston.

I'm of the opinion that story is complete BS. it was reported by a parent of a recruit BU decided not to recruit (former tcu QB)

It was true. We couldn't give the former regime sxit about it if otherwise.
Redbrickbear
BUBear24 said:

PacificBear said:

Thee University said:

In all fairness Sig Ep had made that magazine while on BU so...
Texas Rho always knew how to make the pin heads at Judaical affairs cry.
Redbrickbear
[Richard Willis, the former chairman of Baylor University's board of regents, once credited the on-field success of the school's football program to "n----- football players" and "the best blond-haired, blue-eyed p----" in Texas]

Honestly how does Baylor find idiots like this?........I'm not even mad....I'm impressed.... they some how can find year after year some of the worst people possible among our alumni to run this school.
Thee University
bularry said:

xiledinok said:

It may be but it certainly fits the reputation that staff projected on occasion and it would have been worth some effort on Kendall's part to go on record immediately forcefully denying the comment and clearing the air.
Thee University
Redbrickbear said:

[Richard Willis, the former chairman of Baylor University's board of regents, once credited the on-field success of the school's football program to "n----- football players" and "the best blond-haired, blue-eyed p----" in Texas]

Honestly how does Baylor find idiots like this?........I'm not even mad....I'm impressed.... they some how can find year after year some of the worst people possible among our alumni to run this school.
It is surprising that a Baylor Regent, supposedly a mature and public facing professional who most certainly understands how comments can catch fire, would say this within earshot of those he does not know.

Now, having said that, I know many who are not as polished and shined up as a Baylor graduate, who have uttered extremely salty and "boastful" language and particularly so after having partaken of a few cocktails. Mexico does bring out the darker side of some folks.

I've heard worse in my lifetime but not out of the mouth of a very public official representing the largest Baptist University in the world.
Stranger
I don't feel like sifting through 4 pages. Did little Briles go to Florida State or is he staying at Houston?
xiledinok
Stranger said:

I don't feel like sifting through 4 pages. Did little Briles go to Florida State or is he staying at Houston?
It's the usual stuff during the middle of the recruiting season. No word on whether he's keeping his word to Houston while recruiting or living up to his rep.

He's rumbling about with Tennessee and Florida State. The Vols won't take the offensive line coach he wants to bring with him because they already have an offensive line coach. The Vols and others should try to get the o line coach and not worry about Baby Briles. Get the offense without the Briles sideshow.

As for FSU, nothing yet. I figured Taggart was desperate and needed to make a hire.

Eball
Thee University said:

bularry said:

xiledinok said:

It may be but it certainly fits the reputation that staff projected on occasion and it would have been worth some effort on Kendall's part to go on record immediately forcefully denying the comment and clearing the air.
Ok...lets just assume that something like that was said...we have no idea the context or setting...was he asked a question by the recruit or his family? While the statement allegedly made by KB is certainly inappropriate standing alone...can you honestly tell me you an/or just about all Hetro guys have said and continue to say things similar or worse in settings where it is likely to not get out...think locker room talk, or just guys out somewhere shooting the breeze and the talk turns to girls....now it can get pretty bad sometimes and I would guess most of us have said things which if our Momma, wife, or daughter ever heard would be pretty embarrassing.

I also know that some kids and parents talk about members of the opposite sex and ratios of girls to guys from the perspective of finding their soul mate at college...those talks can innocently enough delve in to characteristics of the other sex and what they look like and such... are they manly men and womanly women. Some of those comments could get folks in trouble...if reported out of context and or or reported at all as stand alone comments.

Almost all schools still use cute coeds to show recruits around...or at least they did up until now and unless that is changing? Are we headed to doing away with Cheerleaders, pep squads ? How about the SI swim suit issue? I am not even talking about PORN but just things that everyone seems to accept and take for granted that clearly objectifies women in some form or fashion. Every guy I know if scrutinized has said something inappropriate at some point in time about females...Did we not used to be proud of the fact we had so many pretty girls at BU? I think there have been in the past rankings of same...along with the dubious top ten party schools...

I just feel like people latch onto anything they can to make someone they don't like look bad. In a lot of instances it is something tacitly approved in times past or an example of a culture that is probably not correct any longer...but still goes on by a majority until they are called on it.
xiledinok
It would have been classy to speak out and deny it if it was untrue.
The silence and the reporting on it tell a story.
xiledinok
Redbrickbear said:

No, he didn't use the racial slur. This isn't Paul Harvey's rest of the story style of journalism. The truth is okay.
He and Baby Briles would make a good comedy club act trying to sell recruits and the school. Stick them on a faux Sonic commercial. Make it two dudes in an adult novelty shop.
Malbec
xiledinok said:

Quote:

Smart money would have STFU after the firing.

So which is it? You really just need to bag it dude.
xiledinok
Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Quote:

I'm discussing Baby Briles making a statement before his dad was fired. This is when the "white women" popped up.
Bag it? Who gets their nails down more often? Your wife or you?
REX
xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Quote:

I'm discussing Baby Briles making a statement before his dad was fired. This is when the "white women" popped up.

Lack of sleep makes you not use English
Get help little buddy
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Quote:

Get help little buddy
Lack of intelligence has another school's assistant coach's father posting on another school's fan board during recruiting season. We know after watching the Briles clan move forward after firing that you can make all the money in the world, you cannot buy class.

Robe touchers, common sense should tell you that Baby Briles stopped recruiting when his dad took the rape buyout. The only thing the Robe did after firing was tamper with our roster, degrade our school, quit and tank football games to the point the professional leagues will never touch the old man.

Rex, did me bringing up Malbec getting his nails done upset you?
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Malbec said:

xiledinok said:

Quote:

Get help little buddy
Lack of intelligence has another school's assistant coach's father posting on another school's fan board during recruiting season. We know after watching the Briles clan move forward after firing that you can make all the money in the world, you cannot buy class.

Robe touchers, common sense should tell you that Baby Briles stopped recruiting when his dad took the rape buyout. The only thing the Robe did after firing was tamper with our roster, degrade our school, quit and tank football games to the point the professional leagues will never touch the old man.

Rex, did me bringing up Malbec getting his nails done upset you?

Done? Down? It's all good
Rest little buddy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.