Football
Sponsored by

Kendal Briles commits to staying as Assoc HC and OC at Houston

37,798 Views | 281 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BuNation,

here is the live action shot of you at the Briles Christmas party.

Chuckroast
Thee University said:

Kendal is not even a popcorn fart in my world. I never hated him. I felt sorry for him, As a matter of fact, I thought of him as fairly worthless for the first couple of years. In-bred staff member #1. You had to take him because we wanted Art.

Once the reigns were turned over to him you could see a definite drop off in our offensive production.

You insecure CABers are entertaining to say the least. I love each and every one of you for providing me smiles and laughs!
According to Lane Kiffin when asked to comment on Briles being in the running for the Tennessee job: "If anybody's got any reservations about Kendal Briles and coaching and moving the football, then they don't know much about football,"

Thankfully we've got Thee, our own resident unbiased football expert, who . . . definitely not blinded by hate . . . can set us straight
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

Kendal is not even a popcorn fart in my world. I never hated him. I felt sorry for him, As a matter of fact, I thought of him as fairly worthless for the first couple of years. In-bred staff member #1. You had to take him because we wanted Art.

Once the reigns were turned over to him you could see a definite drop off in our offensive production.

You insecure CABers are entertaining to say the least. I love each and every one of you for providing me smiles and laughs!
Players in the Briles era didn't think he was too bright or instrumental in any capacity either.
MilliVanilli
Chuckroast said:

Thee University said:

According to Lane Kiffin when asked to comment on Briles being in the running for the Tennessee job: "If anybody's got any reservations about Kendal Briles and coaching and moving the football, then they don't know much about football,"

Thankfully we've got Thee, our own resident unbiased football expert, who . . . definitely not blinded by hate . . . can set us straight
Lane Kiffin is a nepotistic journeyman with a famous coach father just like Kendal so it's not particularly hard to see why he admires his own reflection.
Chuckroast
MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

Thee University said:

Lane Kiffin is a nepotistic journeyman with a famous coach father just like Kendal so it's not particularly hard to see why he admires his own reflection.
Hmmm, should I listen to a former NFL head coach, head coach at USC and TN, and OC at Alabama, or should I listen to Thee and Milli???
MilliVanilli
Chuckroast said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

Thee University said:

Hmmm, should I listen to a former NFL head coach, head coach at USC and TN, and OC at Alabama, or should I listen to Thee and Milli???
You listen to whatever you want, it's not like your opinion matters, you'd certainly be no one's character witness in any situation.

Fun to trigger you cabers with facts though.
Thee University
Chuckroast said:

Thee University said:

Coaching fraternity speak.

Those coaches, when all are members of the multi-millionaires club, know how to protect that gravy train because they never know when they may be working for one another. If it is not peddling off a worn out and tired assistant (The Aggie) for a few more paychecks then it is being able to employ each others sons and family when they have absolutely no resume to back them up.

One other thing.............nobody ever said daddy's lil boy could not move the football. He can move the football just as easily as he can pimp white women who just love football players.

None of the Briles Boys have earned hate. Just disappointment.
Thee University
Chuckroast said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

Thee University said:

Since none of those knuckleheads would ever give you the time of day unless you were greasing their skids with millions of $$$, you might want to listen to us.
4th and Inches
Thee University said:

Chuckroast said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

Thee University said:

Since none of those knuckleheads would ever give you the time of day unless you were greasing their skids with millions of $$$, you might want to listen to us.
lol... those knuckleheads are the same person. Do you even football bro?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Chuckroast
MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

Thee University said:

You listen to whatever you want, it's not like your opinion matters, you'd certainly be no one's character witness in any situation.

???? That coming from someone who can't seem to treat people decently. I took you off ignore tonight after several weeks. Judging by that diatribe, no telling what I have missed and will be missing in short order.
MilliVanilli
Chuckroast said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

Thee University said:

???? That coming from someone who can't seem to treat people decently. I took you off ignore tonight after several weeks. Judging by that diatribe, no telling what I have missed and will be missing in short order.
Someone who thinks other people's daughters are sexual collateral for amateur athletics is mad at being judged for being a moral coward? Egads, clutch those pearls.

You ought to have to line up for the parents of every coed on campus and let them spit in your face.

PS hilarious that you're so obsessed with a screen name you take the time to tell the world you have to put it on ignore to function but just can't stay away.

bunation
Thee University said:

T-R-A-N-S-P-A-R-E-N-T

btw, if you didn't know, CABer is a nice compliment. Thx!
REX
Thee University said:

Question for you and everyone else on this board
Has CKB ever been OC of a team that didn't finish in the top 10 offenses in the country ?
Facts are not fun sometimes
xiledinok
You got it right.
Those offensive coordinator highlights from the mall fight, and TCU were subpar for paid coaches at any level. The 6th grade parents at big school district middle school would be calling school board members after the 6th grade "mall fight". Piss poor performance by coaches.
Facts are not sometimes fun!
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

Has CKB ever been OC of a team that didn't finish in the top 10 in the country ?
You would have to ask someone else. Ever since he got run out of Baylor I have not kept up with him other than reading a few of you wearing knee pads who can't get off his crank.

Facts?

I looked for Baylor in the final Top 10 for 2015 & 2016 and did not find them.

I looked for this school called Florida Atlantic in the final Top 10 for 2017 and did not find them either.

I looked for Cougar High in the final Top 10 for 2018 and did not find them.

4th and Inches
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

Has CKB ever been OC of a team that didn't finish in the top 10 in the country ?
You would have to ask someone else. Ever since he got run out of Baylor I have not kept up with him other than reading a few of you wearing knee pads who can't get off his crank.

Facts?

I looked for this school called Florida Atlantic in the final Top 10 for 2017 and did not find them either.

lol, you are just taking advantage there... you know he was implying top 10 offense not AP rank.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

Facts?

Fixed
RegentCoverup
The true comedy here is you guys still don't get it. And I don't think you're ever gonna get it.

The law firm was given access to all of Briles texts and emails on Day 1. Next thing they did was build a timeline of events and looked for how the coaches reacted. Then they went one by one through every text and email and built a nice binder sized catalogue that detailed what the coaches were doing.

And what did Briles and crew do? They sat down with the lawyers and had a conversation. And they denied any kind of responsibility for the players that were off the rails. Even though the texts and emails show they talked about it, laughed about it, and made jokes amongst each other.

Even Ian was smart enough to distance himself. He ran for the hills and when they needed to slit Art's throat, he gladly did it. And the CAB'ers STILL are dumb enough to think he was on their side and defending him.

Art might be Bill Walsh on the field, but he's easily the most clueless person I've seen on a university campus in a long while.
4th and Inches
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

The true comedy here is you guys still don't get it. And I don't think you're ever gonna get it.

The law firm was given access to all of Briles texts and emails on Day 1. Next thing they did was build a timeline of events and looked for how the coaches reacted. Then they went one by one through every text and email and built a nice binder sized catalogue that detailed what the coaches were doing.

And what did Briles and crew do? They sat down with the lawyers and had a conversation. And they denied any kind of responsibility for the players that were off the rails. Even though the texts and emails show they talked about it, laughed about it, and made jokes amongst each other.

Even Ian was smart enough to distance himself. He ran for the hills and when they needed to slit Art's throat, he gladly did it. And the CAB'ers STILL are dumb enough to think he was on their side and defending him.

Art might be Bill Walsh on the field, but he's easily the most clueless person I've seen on a university campus in a long while.

curious... you do realize that same law firm that had access and did the interviews did not recommend termination of Briles right? sounds like you are Just another shill like Milli...

–Horace

RegentCoverup
And to add insult to injury, he tells the world after he's suspended that he'll just look for another job.
Brilliant, now they're definitely going to cut your throat and feed you to the wolves.

Then he goes on ESPN and plays tone deaf like a former Nazi prison camp guard when the world wants to know how he let things happen on his watch.

And you really think it's Baylor's fault he can't find a job on a college campus???????
RegentCoverup
Gruvin said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

curious... you do realize that same law firm that had access and did the interviews did not recommend termination of Briles right? sounds like you are Just another shill like Milli...
Brilliant. Still clueless. You think it matters? Do you have ANY idea how a university works? Seriously, what do you do for a living that this isn't obvious to you? Be my guest, create whatever bogey man in your head you need to define yourself, but know that 98% of the world doesn't have sympathy for you.

Why do you think all of these SEC teams won't let him on their campus?
RegentCoverup
I'm in more or less the same boat as Thee. I'm indifferent to Briles, his kid, his wife, his daughter, his coaches, etc.

But watching you guys play the aggrieved victim every day on this website is an exercise in comedic futility.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Art's biggest problem was that he and his coaches had a high-school mentality. I consider Bennett to be an honest man and I think he's spot on that the staff was somewhat scapegoated for universal problems. However, the texts and e-mails proved that the staff was also trying to avoid the university's disciplinary code, which led to kids sticking around that had no business being on a college campus. Entitlement can be dangerous and turned that way quickly. Rape normally isn't the first sign of a problem. Those kids had other crap that wasn't addressed and the God complex started rolling from there.

The enabler tag is an overstatement. I don't consider crass recruiting pitches equivalent to sex slavery, nor should anyone. The issue lies with a lack of discipline. The term "player's coach" has a negative connotation now. And it should.

I still believe Baylor was the whipping boy for ubiquitous social issues, some of that self-inflicted.
4th and Inches
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I'm in more or less the same boat as Thee. I'm indifferent to Briles, his kid, his wife, his daughter, his coaches, etc.

But watching you guys play the aggrieved victim every day on this website is an exercise in comedic futility.

at least Thee is interesting... and while sometimes i feel he is wrong, he bleeds green and gold.

As for what I do, i am retired from healthcare administeration.

As for Briles, I really don't care if he ever gets a job again. I care that the good name of my university is tarnished and will be continue to tarnished because the administration and the senior leader ship swept crap under the rug and continue to ignore it. You don't think people are not talking about it? You don't think people are not talking about the fraternity president who just got probation? Yeah

–Horace

REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Got it!!!
I would have never known this though by the four consecutive post you have on it.
Thanks for your input
Chuckroast
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

You wrote: "The law firm was given access to all of Briles texts and emails on Day 1. Next thing they did was build a timeline of events and looked for how the coaches reacted. Then they went one by one through every text and email and built a nice binder sized catalogue that detailed what the coaches were doing.

And what did Briles and crew do? They sat down with the lawyers and had a conversation. And they denied any kind of responsibility for the players that were off the rails. Even though the texts and emails show they talked about it, laughed about it, and made jokes amongst each other."

I'm honestly being serious in wondering how you have pieced together this narrative. Is it from the BOR's characterization of the PH findings? the text messages? Is it part filling in the blanks to make sense of what the BOR did? I ask because I haven't seen a comprehensive case made against Briles that justified his termination. I've seen lots of innuendo and sweeping conclusions that have been made that would justify his termination . . . if they were true, but I just haven't seen the evidence that he mishandled major disciplinary issues and certainly not any incidents of rape. If that's the case, he arguably shouldn't have been fired and should certainly be able to find new employment. It is beyond the pale that he is universally considered as someone who covered up rape with the evidence that is in the public domain.

I think an argument can certainly be made that we needed more discipline on the team. I think a counter argument can also be made that our program was cleaner than most judging by arrest records. If the text messages or discipline were the key issues, they clearly didn't involve covering up rape or assault or any other felony that I am aware of. So if his termination was not a slam dunk (as we know it wasn't) and was instead a judgment call based on shoddy discipline for offenses of a lesser nature, why be so hard on people that disagreed with his termination?
RegentCoverup
Chuckroast said:

I'm honestly being serious in wondering how you have pieced together this narrative.
Please tell me you're kidding. You don't think them publishing the texts was a clue?
RegentCoverup
REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Got it!!!
I would have never known this though by the four consecutive post you have on it.
Thanks for your input
Please, explain to the readers why a former employee that was terminated feels compelled to post here daily.
Chuckroast
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Chuckroast said:

I'm honestly being serious in wondering how you have pieced together this narrative.
Please tell me you're kidding. You don't think them publishing the texts was a clue?
The texts don't indicate that binders of information were put together on each incident and that the coaches sat around laughing and joking. It's your kind of embellishment that has made the story into what it is . . . mission accomplished I guess.

Eball
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Where in the world are you getting that from...if true I sure would like to know where it is or where it has been reported?

The only two things that stick out to me was Cannon saying at one point they had gone through all CAB's e-mails and Texts and not presented anything to Cannon or CAB to justify his termination for cause...so they did not.

Then the off the reservation regents either in the WSJ turned over some or utilized same in the answer they filed to the Shilling suit? and of course we had conversations ad infinitum about same with some claiming they smoking guns and others saying out of context and not related to Sexual Assaults or the covering up of same. My point was that was it? That was the best they could find in the thousands of e-mails and texts they had available? these were all and they were the ones they were relying on to try and show they made a decision other than to appease the social media world?

I just think you continue spout your view and opinion and what you think as fact and just don't understand that people see things differently than you do. Good gosh get over it.
REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Got it!!!
Thanks for your input
Please, explain to the readers why a former employee that was terminated feels compelled to post here daily.

Indifference
RegentCoverup
Chuckroast said:

I think an argument can certainly be made that we needed more discipline on the team. I think a counter argument can also be made that our program was cleaner than most judging by arrest records. If the text messages or discipline were the key issues, they clearly didn't involve covering up rape or assault or any other felony that I am aware of. So if his termination was not a slam dunk (as we know it wasn't) and was instead a judgment call based on shoddy discipline for offenses of a lesser nature, why be so hard on people that disagreed with his termination?

What ever gave you that idea? The pile of lawsuits? The bad press? The lack of a response by the coach or AD?

Let me explain this as clearly as I can: Arguing with me or any poster here is counterproductive to your cause of making Art Briles your savior. My advice is go find a relatively neutral university athletic director and ask them why they would/would not hire Art Briles. Nothing I can say is going to convince you, but you need to hear it from others for it to sink it. I know the answer, and it's not far off from the reasons why Bobby Knight left the coaching professional prematurely. But again, I'm not the person you need to worry about, all I've tried to do is help you understand why he's not employed right now.
RegentCoverup
Chuckroast said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Chuckroast said:

The texts don't indicate that binders of information were put together on each incident and that the coaches sat around laughing and joking. It's your kind of embellishment that has made the story into what it is . . . mission accomplished I guess.

So it just accidentally ended up on the pages of a national newspaper.

Clearly, part of your problem is denial.
RegentCoverup
REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Got it!!!
Thanks for your input

Indifference
Sure. But in your case I'd say entitlement.
RegentCoverup
If it makes you guys feel productive to argue with the posters here on the free site all day, be my guest.

But it's not my opinion that's your problem.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.