Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

75,142 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
Alfred Anchorsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kwtx.com/content/sports/Mount-Vernon-Superintendent-talks-about-the-hiring-of-Art-Briles-510535511.html

It appears he is much smarter than our Board of idiots.
boognish_bear
He must have gotten all of his crying out to God done before they turned the cameras on
DustyM
Alfred Anchorsen said:

https://www.kwtx.com/content/sports/Mount-Vernon-Superintendent-talks-about-the-hiring-of-Art-Briles-510535511.html

It was only a matter of time. IMO, two years from now he will be coaching a D-1 program in Texas. It won't matter how much folks complain or how loud they yell, its probably going to happen. Congrats Coach Briles, looking forward to seeing you coaching in Texas again.
PartyBear
I don't know about a Div 1 program in 2 years. I can see a Lake Travis, Allen, Midway level program and then back to college from there perhaps.
Iron Claw
Chris Krok on WBAP is ranting about this hire tonight. I can't bring myself to call in but I did email him. Not listening anymore. No one called in during the first 40 or so minutes of his show as he spouted misinformation. Quoted the 51/31 many times. Said Briles was coaching high school in Italy and how terrible it was that he worshipped football so much that he would go all the way to Italy to coach.

It was apparent he did no homework on this before going all SJW on it.
boognish_bear
Iron Claw said:

Chris Krok on WBAP is ranting about this hire tonight. I can't bring myself to call in but I did email him. Not listening anymore. No one called in during the first 40 or so minutes of his show as he spouted misinformation. Quoted the 51/31 many times. Said Briles was coaching high school in Italy and how terrible it was that he worshipped football so much that he would go all the way to Italy to coach.

One of my non-Baylor buddies just texted me today saying he had just heard the 51/31 number and said he hadn't realized the numbers were that high.

This is causing all of those unverified but casually accepted numbers to resurface again.
Iron Claw
PartyBear said:

I don't know about a Div 1 program in 2 years. I can see a Lake Travis, Allen, Midway level program and then back to college from there perhaps.
I, too, think he will be back in college ranks, but will say more like five years instead of two.
Iron Claw
boognish_bear said:

Iron Claw said:

One of my non-Baylor buddies just texted me today saying he had just heard the 51/31 number and said he hadn't realized the numbers were that high.

This is causing all of those unverified but casually accepted numbers to resurface again.

For some reason my email won't send, maybe I don't have the email address right. Hope some one set him straight.
DustyM
Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

I, too, think he will be back in college ranks, but will say more like five years instead of two.
Here is my thoughts. North Texas has a coach that is getting offers from P5 schools. He will accept one of them in a year or two, thus North Texas will be open. UTSA's coach is struggling, he hasn't done well since he knocked of Baylor two years ago. I suspect he will be gone in a year or two. I think one of those two programs makes Coach Briles their next hire.

The ice is broken and the SJW's will run out of steam by then. One of those universities will be ready to meet them head on and that will give CAB the opening to move right in.

It certainly would be interesting if CAB ends up at UTSA, considering UTSA just signed to play Texas for several years in a row. They are expecting a cup cake but might end up with a roadrunner by the tail. I would love that. LOL
boognish_bear
DustyM said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

Here is my thoughts. North Texas has a coach that is getting offers from P5 schools. He will accept one of them in a year or two, thus North Texas will be open. UTSA's coach is struggling, he hasn't done well since he knocked of Baylor two years ago. I suspect he will be gone in a year or two. I think one of those two programs makes Coach Briles their next hire.

The ice is broken and the SJW's will run out of steam by then. One of those universities will be ready to meet them head on and that will give CAB the opening to move right in.

It certainly would be interesting if CAB ends up at UTSA, considering UTSA just signed to play Texas for several years in a row. They are expecting a cup cake but might end up with a roadrunner by the tail. I would love that. LOL

I've wondered about UTEP also....seems like they might be willing to roll the dice....
DustyM
boognish_bear said:

DustyM said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

I've wondered about UTEP also....seems like they might be willing to roll the dice....
They just picked up a new coach in the last year or two. Same with Rice, Houston, SMU, Texas State, and Texas Tech. Baylor will never rehire, TCU has Patterson, Texas has Herman, don't think I am missing anyone. Maybe an FCS school or two, but who really knows the future.
Iron Claw
boognish_bear said:

DustyM said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

They have before...
fadskier
boognish_bear said:

Iron Claw said:

What's the flaw in the 51/31 info? I'm getting that also and am looking to disprove...
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
boognish_bear said:

DustyM said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

New Mexico State...
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
xiledinok
UTEP and company would mean UT regents approving such a move. Long shot.
Bears2Cane
Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

Yes. If I were tasked with cultivating a successful D-I football program I would hire the 68 year-old with a controversial past, causing extreme outcry from donors and my fan base.

No brainer.
ShooterTX
DustyM said:

Alfred Anchorsen said:

It was only a matter of time. IMO, two years from now he will be coaching a D-1 program in Texas. It won't matter how much folks complain or how loud they yell, its probably going to happen. Congrats Coach Briles, looking forward to seeing you coaching in Texas again.
My guess is that he will get picked up in 2 years by someone like Texas State or UNT or UTSA. After 3+ years at that level, he will be back in a P5 program. Probably the HC at A&M or maybe LSU.
Bears2Cane
ShooterTX said:

DustyM said:

Alfred Anchorsen said:

My guess is that he will get picked up in 2 years by someone like Texas State or UNT or UTSA. After 3+ years at that level, he will be back in a P5 program. Probably the HC at A&M or maybe LSU.
With the exception of a select few in extraordinary circumstances (Saban, Snyder), successful Power 5 programs don't sign 68-year old coaches to multi-year contracts. Stop fooling yourself.
Thee University
Good grief.

I hope someone signs him up. There are way too many green & gold panties being soiled daily here on 365.

It's been three years now.

He fired himself.

He brought in a few too many "bad dudes".

I'M HONESTLY WORRIED ABOUT A LARGE NUMBER OF YOU BOYS BREAKING FREE OF THIS FUNK ART PUT YOU IN.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Iron Claw
fadskier said:

boognish_bear said:

Iron Claw said:

What's the flaw in the 51/31 info? I'm getting that also and am looking to disprove...

Those numbers came from ONE civil suit filed against Briles and Baylor. That is the first utterance of those numbers that I ever saw. Have there been that many reported to the authorities? Not that I know of. People read the suit and ran with the numbers as fact.

Hasn't there only been one conviction with a six month sentence for rape? Oakman was one of those bad dudes and he was found not guilty.
ShooterTX
Thee University said:

Good grief.

I hope someone signs him up. There are way too many green & gold panties being soiled daily here on 365.

It's been three years now.

He fired himself.

He brought in a few too many "bad dudes".

I'M HONESTLY WORRIED ABOUT A LARGE NUMBER OF YOU BOYS BREAKING FREE OF THIS FUNK ART PUT YOU IN.

Wow... just because people think he will get hired someday..... that is enough to set you off??

Did you react this poorly when people were pining away for Les Miles too? Did you freak out when he was finally hired by Kansas?

It's just a thread about a coach... let it go.
historian
fadskier said:

No need to disprove anything. That's because the burden of proof is on the crackpot lawyer making up those wild numbers--probably out of thin air.

On another note, it is amusing how some people are triggered by every single mention of the name Briles on these boards. It is truly Pavlovian!
xiledinok
Sure didn't help that 0/0/0 was spread by Ian's buddy. The confusion helped make 52 look legit. Derps wanted their numbers and the public took the worst ones.

Mt Vernon's school boss is being called an idiot and other adjectives on different radio stations. The vetting questions made him look ignorant.
Timbear
If Art stays at Mt. Vernon, it threatens the narrative created by ESPN, Tx U, Ok, Tcu, etc., so, this is not about any SA victims. It's about saving face .
ShooterTX
Timbear said:

If Art stays at Mt. Vernon, it threatens the narrative created by ESPN, Tx U, Ok, Tcu, etc., so, this is not about any SA victims. It's about saving face .

It's also about the media outside of sport media, who have made the "me too" movement into a national thing. They don't want to give up that ground, and they are more than happy to stir the pot again for the ratings.
xiledinok
Just heard the KCEN TV sports anchor say she would not hire Briles to coach high school on the local radio.

Texas was so afraid of Briles they wouldn't hire him.

Briles isn't remorseful. No one gives a crap about some social justice movement. The social justice movement groups never heard of Briles. This is why Brenda is struggling. No social justice movement cares about some past tense football coach. Those people feed off the living.

A narrative created by Tcu? Tcu cannot create anything but students on heroin and bad educations. They are piss on the sidewalk.
241Bear
xiledinok said:

Just heard the KCEN TV sports anchor say she would not hire Briles to coach high school on the local radio.

This changes everything, and will likely cause the Mt. Vernon ISD to cave and renege on the Briles hire.
REX
xiledinok said:

Sure didn't help that 0/0/0 was spread by Ian's buddy. The confusion helped make 52 look legit. Derps wanted their numbers and the public took the worst ones.

Mt Vernon's school boss is being called an idiot and other adjectives on different radio stations. The vetting questions made him look ignorant.

Legit question on the vetting. Did the MVISD Superintendent interview any of the victims?
No???
Would you please help us out and provide us the list of their names?
Thanks for your help with this matter
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Legit question on the vetting. Did the MVISD Superintendent interview any of the victims?
No???

Rex, he should have said "we believe in 2nd,3rd,4th or however many chances because the wealthy influential Baylor alumni tells us and writes our checks."
Why don't you announce, as the father of a Florida State assistant coach and Baby Briles' assistant, the name of the influential wealthy Baylor graduate who runs the town and got Art the job?
Why hide from it?
The vetting answers made them look bad. Negative press because the truth cannot be told,
xiledinok
241Bear said:

xiledinok said:

This changes everything, and will likely cause the Mt. Vernon ISD to cave and renege on the Briles hire.

Haha! She is in the Waco market. The listeners give her credibility. She covers Baylor. Think outside the bubble.

They won't renege because Baylor boss hogg made it happen.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Rex, he should have said "we belief in 2nd,3rd,4th or however many chances because the wealthy influential Baylor alumni tells us and writes our checks."
Why don't you announce, as the father of a Florida State assistant coach and Baby Briles' assistant, the name of the influential wealthy Baylor graduate who runs the town and got Art the job?
Why hide from it?
The vetting answers made them look bad. Negative press because the truth cannot be told,

List of names or go away
Thanks
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Rex, he should have said "we belief in 2nd,3rd,4th or however many chances because the wealthy influential Baylor alumni tells us and writes our checks."
Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Just tell the truth. Let them put their career or reputation on the line. The school boss had zero input on hire. He is getting blasted. He's going 1-11 leading that district if you feel to keep score.

They don't release sexual assault victims' names to the public and you know the school is not going to while getting bent over in litigation. What kind of back woods wood do you think some alumni are from Baylor? Common sense tells me the world hasn't operated that way in years. Even self professed "old fogies" wouldn't buy it.
PartyBear
DustyM said:

boognish_bear said:

DustyM said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

They just picked up a new coach in the last year or two. Same with Rice, Houston, SMU, Texas State, and Texas Tech. Baylor will never rehire, TCU has Patterson, Texas has Herman, don't think I am missing anyone. Maybe an FCS school or two, but who really knows the future.
The ultimate irony would be if Patterson had to retire soon due to the TCU program growing stagnant under him and then TCU hiring Briles to rejuvenate TCU as Patterson's successor.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Just tell the truth. Let them put their career or reputation on the line. The school boss had zero input on hire. He is getting blasted. He's going 1-11 leading that district if you feel to keep score.

They don't release sexual assault victims' names to the public and you know the school is not going to while getting bent over in litigation. What kind of back woods wood do you think some alumni are from Baylor? Common sense tells me the world hasn't operated that way in years. Even self professed "old fogies" wouldn't buy it.

Thanks for helping me out
The names aren't released but the Supt is supposed to interview them?
Got it
Thanks
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No???

Why hide from it?

List of names or go away
Thanks

Thanks for helping me out
The names aren't released but the Supt is supposed to interview them?
Got it
Thanks
Perhaps the school boss could spit out the other two or three names on his tongue instead of sounding like a bird repeating "Grant Teaff" when pressured. The head boss could have mentioned the names of the vetters then it becomes an individual being held accountable, not the school or its teachers.

Fwiw, if they really did serious vetting they would have gotten those alleged victims names. The illusion of a serious vetting was a joke. Is Mt. Vernon less sophisticated than little bity me and all of the rest of the little world? I would think a big man like yourself would know how to get those victims' names.

It's a two way street with transparency. Would you want the release of the victims' names with the names of the accused players? My guess it would be a bad idea for the players. It does not help the players that Art shows no remorse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.