Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

75,245 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

redfish961 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

I don't know about a Div 1 program in 2 years. I can see a Lake Travis, Allen, Midway level program and then back to college from there perhaps.
I, too, think he will be back in college ranks, but will say more like five years instead of two.
You think a 69-year-old media pariah that has been banished back to the high school level is going to be a hot commodity as a college coaching hire in half a decade?
I don't think so, but I have to wonder about someone that is so obsessed that they are tracking a guy that just got a 3A high school job.

Is it hard to let him be?

Would you voice your concerns to his face? Perhaps he could tell you what he thinks while looking him in the eye and vice versa...Bring your cronies so they have their opportunity too.

I already know the answer from you and your cronies.

Face to face doesn't work for cowards.

They would much rather hide behind their keyboard and spew their vomit without repercussion.

I'm sure Geoff Ketchum would love some of you to join along and follow the shepherd.

Same agenda.
You Cabers have spent four-years fanboying fan fiction fantasies about the inevitable natties and vindication of Art Briles and you dare to call other people who grant you a reality check obsessed?

Too rich, self-awareness is as divorced from you lot as reality itself.

You guys swore he was headed to the SEC to win natties, four years later he's at a 3A small-town high school after a glorified stint coaching intramural football in Italy in front of crowds of dozens.

All of which you lot have daily taken up the bandwidth of a Baylor fan forum to circle jerk about.

And now you get offended when your latest goal post move for "vindication" is lampooned, especially after a couple of you are swearing this is but stepping stone number one to a full-fledged return to college football glory for him by his 70th birthday instead of the end of his professional rope.

PS you're not brave, you're just delusional and have an internet connection to tell us all about it.

No mention of our GLORIOUS Texas Bowl victory? You are slipping, Milli.
Baylor football coach Matt Rhule's Texas Bowl record: 1-0

Mount Vernon High School football coach Art Briles' Texas Bowl record: 0-1

1-11 seasons for former Baylor Football Coach Art Briles: 0

1-11 seasons for current Baylor Football Coach Matt Rhule: 1 (so far)
Ha, Briles never had to follow Briles sex scandals. Nor did Rhule get obliterated by Illinois with RG3 on his roster.

You're such a despicable tool though, hope you got your high school season tickets so you can pump yourself up watching Varsity Blues all fall.

It'll be Art imitating life for you, pun intended.

MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Originally Posted by Redfish.

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

Not sure you understand how a university works, so I'll explain.

The higher you are paid, the more that's expected. Football is a vehicle for the universities mission. Do you think Notre Dame would tolerate Brian Kelly telling them he didn't want tohelp Notre Dame raise scholarship money or speak to alums? They'd can him so fast he'd be lucky to clean out the company car. Notre Dame used their coaches to build the university, that's why they have $4bil in endowment.

We let Briles use us.

In retrospect, we gave Briles too much. Hiring the inbred relatives. Unqualified friends. Paying him insanely above market rates. And he couldn't be bothered to help the community every once in a while? His idea was to market himself to UT. The genius wrote a book telling how he'd nearly left like what, three times? And asked the school bookstore to carry it. Kim Mulkey called him out for his suspect loyalty.

Great football coach, worst negotiator I've ever seen. Zero sum, when the game is win/win.

I guess it works in a small town. But elite universities expect more.

He gave us two conference championships in football.
I don't remember Baylor making him write a book or go behind our backs to sell himself to UT, but nice spin.

Plenty to complain about with the Board, but if you think he left us better off, you need to ask around.
Yet you have no problem whatsoever with your new coach interviewing at will with the NFL and his agent Mack Rhoades negotiating him another raise each season. Why the double standard? I know why but look forward to hearing from you.
The main take away here is that Baylor's new coach is not your new coach, because you are no fan or friend of Baylor. Just a bitter troll for a 3A high school football coach who can't move on to those smallville Friday Night Lights forums and for some reason parades around on a big boy college football fan forum.
TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

The higher you are paid, the more that's expected. Football is a vehicle for the universities mission. Do you think Notre Dame would tolerate Brian Kelly telling them he didn't want tohelp Notre Dame raise scholarship money or speak to alums? They'd can him so fast he'd be lucky to clean out the company car. Notre Dame used their coaches to build the university, that's why they have $4bil in endowment.

We let Briles use us.

In retrospect, we gave Briles too much. Hiring the inbred relatives. Unqualified friends. Paying him insanely above market rates. And he couldn't be bothered to help the community every once in a while? His idea was to market himself to UT. The genius wrote a book telling how he'd nearly left like what, three times? And asked the school bookstore to carry it. Kim Mulkey called him out for his suspect loyalty.

Great football coach, worst negotiator I've ever seen. Zero sum, when the game is win/win.

I don't remember Baylor making him write a book or go behind our backs to sell himself to UT, but nice spin.

Plenty to complain about with the Board, but if you think he left us better off, you need to ask around.
Yet you have no problem whatsoever with your new coach interviewing at will with the NFL and his agent Mack Rhoades negotiating him another raise each season. Why the double standard? I know why but look forward to hearing from you.
The main take away here is that Baylor's new coach is not your new coach, because you are no fan or friend of Baylor. Just a bitter troll for a 3A high school football coach who can't move on to those smallville Friday Night Lights forums and for some reason parades around on a big boy college football fan forum.
Or, it may be that you can't get over the fact that good ole BU fostered an environment of looking the other way on SA, because that just doesn't happen here, and Art is an easy target for you and others to hang it all on. You need to get a life an let Art move on with his. The bottom line is Baylor screwed up, that's ultimately the administration's and the BOR's fault, no matter how hard they try to deflect all of the blame onto Art.
Thee University
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

The bottom line is Baylor screwed up, that's ultimately the administration's and the BOR's fault, no matter how hard they try to deflect all of the blame onto Art.

Everyone screwed up. Art started the cluster. He was arrogant. He shot from the hip. He managed Baylor like he was coaching a high school team.

Wait. He is!

The regents did the best they could to protect Baylor given the circumstances Briles left them to deal with. I blame Ian & Ken first and foremost. They should have reeled Art and his in-bred staff in a few years earlier.

Art bent us all over the log and we obliged.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
REX
Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

The bottom line is Baylor screwed up, that's ultimately the administration's and the BOR's fault, no matter how hard they try to deflect all of the blame onto Art.

Everyone screwed up. Art started the cluster. He was arrogant. He shot from the hip. He managed Baylor like he was coaching a high school team.

Wait. He is!

The regents did the best they could to protect Baylor given the circumstances Briles left them to deal with. I blame Ian & Ken first and foremost. They should have reeled Art and his in-bred staff in a few years earlier.

Just curious but why do you have such a problem with coach's staff?
Do you think that they were not good?
Thanks
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

I am rooting for Matt Rhule. I am rooting for Art Briles. I hope both men are successful but if they are not, I won't lose any sleep over it. Baylor University pretty much killed my passion for college football. Plain and simple.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
The fastest way to kill an educator's career is to call and tell him he or she gets to manage Briles and his poor white southern rural wigger ways. Basically, you get a child that has the sense of an L.D. classroom full of 9th graders.
xiledinok
REX said:

Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Wait. He is!

Thanks

Rex, did you slap your wife after your son's performance against TCU in 2015? It reminded me of a famous East Texan, Buford T. Justice, telling Junior Justice how he was going to slap his mother after Junior's less than stellar performance in the legendary film, Smokey and the Bandit.
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

I am rooting for Matt Rhule. I am rooting for Art Briles. I hope both men are successful but if they are not, I won't lose any sleep over it. Baylor University pretty much killed my passion for college football. Plain and simple.
Weird how you swear you have no passion but post here every day of your life.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Weird how you view posting on a college fan site as a passion. Different strokes....
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BUbearinARK
Reverend said:

william said:

I hear he - The Super - wears Eau Arbauge* ....

- BUmma

.... or nothing at all.

D!

* - the scent of Arby's.
I'm wondering if anyone else has ever responded to this guy?

Am I being petty by being annoyed?
Two stars to your one annoyance. Always makes me laugh a little. I'll give it a go.

Pulls up depends tight in am

....no lying

Innocent, i say

<sobbing in distance>
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Wait. He is!

Thanks
Just a few of them were bad. One was horrible. Guess who.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
REvansBU71
241Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Just heard the KCEN TV sports anchor say she would not hire Briles to coach high school on the local radio.

This changes everything, and will likely cause the Mt. Vernon ISD to cave and renege on the Briles hire.

LOL!!
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Weird how you view posting on a college fan site as a passion. Different strokes....
Only strokes around here come from your 4-year long caber circle jerk.
Timbear
C'mon Milli, it's Sunday. Can't you give it a rest for one day?
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

C'mon Milli, it's Sunday. Can't you give it a rest for one day?
Self-awareness not your thing is it? 4 years of promoting revisionist history about a 3A high school coach on a P5 football forum.
Timbear
I guess not
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

I guess not
Yep, self-awareness definitely not in your wheelhouse.

BaylorRocks
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Wait. He is!

Thanks
Just a few of them were bad. One was horrible. Guess who.
Thee's finest moment on the field. Enjoy this Baylor legend flashback, brought to you by.........(sorry, still looking for sponsors)

TheAgentGrant
Thee....
william
hissing cockroaches, the lot of you ........

that's Thee - early in the AM - before his coffee - and there's no need to touch - just say 'Art Briles' and he'll commence to a hissin' til he gets the aforementioned Java and couple of glazed donuts.

- KKM

{ eating fruit }

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Thee University
zunooreo said:

Thee's finest moment on the field. Enjoy this Baylor legend flashback, brought to you by.........(sorry, still looking for sponsors)

That's very weak. Even by 365 standards. New England Patriots?????
Singletary63
Frank Wilson is going to get fired at UTSA this year as he is a terrible coach. When UIW beats them in the season opener watch out he might even get fired mid season.
Eric Morris at UIW is the real deal and he might end up being the next head coach at UTSA if their A.D. is smart as he was already in the mix this past season for the job at the Texas State.
Singletary63
DustyM
Singletary63 said:

Frank Wilson is going to get fired at UTSA this year as he is a terrible coach. When UIW beats them in the season opener watch out he might even get fired mid season.
Eric Morris at UIW is the real deal and he might end up being the next head coach at UTSA if their A.D. is smart as he was already in the mix this past season for the job at the Texas State.
Your right, odds are Wilson will lose his job after this season. His problem has been NO offense. He hired a new OC this year, if the new OC performs well, Wilson might retain his job. But if he doesn't, Eric Morris, Graham Harrell and even the Briles might be in play there. At this point, no one knows for sure. Matt Wells getting the job at Tech was a bit of a surprise, so, no telling.
Malbec
DustyM said:

Singletary63 said:

Your right, odds are Wilson will lose his job after this season. His problem has been NO offense. He hired a new OC this year, if the new OC performs well, Wilson might retain his job. But if he doesn't, Eric Morris, Graham Harrell and even the Briles might be in play there. At this point, no one knows for sure. Matt Wells getting the job at Tech was a bit of a surprise, so, no telling.
No way UTSA could handle the heat of an Art Briles hire, nor UTEP, nor any public university in Texas. They are all SJW hives.
DustyM
Malbec said:

DustyM said:

Singletary63 said:

No way UTSA could handle the heat of an Art Briles hire, nor UTEP, nor any public university in Texas. They are all SJW hives.
Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind, the NCAA stuff will be coming out soon. If it goes against Baylor and not Briles, he might just get the pass that he needs to move back to the college level. Not saying it is going to happen, but you just can't tell now days. Look how fast the heat has died already on the Mt Vernon hire.
Malbec
DustyM said:

Malbec said:

DustyM said:

Singletary63 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind, the NCAA stuff will be coming out soon. If it goes against Baylor and not Briles, he might just get the pass that he needs to move back to the college level. Not saying it is going to happen, but you just can't tell now days. Look how fast the heat has died already on the Mt Vernon hire.
I'd like to see Briles at UTSA, and he would make some serious waves on the field, but Rep. Roland Gutierrez has made it clear that he is willing to grandstand as much as it takes to make headlines on Baylor and Briles, and Gutierrez is a UTSA grad to boot, and he has serious designs on a TX Senate seat.
PartyBear
The UT system has one BOR. In other words UTSA's Regents are also the Regents of Texas-Austin. If the UT Regents are going to be willing to hire Briles it is going to be for Texas.
TheAgentGrant
PartyBear said:

The UT system has one BOR. In other words UTSA's Regents are also the Regents of Texas-Austin. If the UT Regents are going to be willing to hire Briles it is going to be for Texas.
Agreed that ESPN back peddling will be amazing.
BaylorRocks
Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Wait. He is!

How I picture Thee.......

DustyM
PartyBear said:

That might be a tough one to overcome. But we will have to wait and see. Another possibility is North Texas, their coach is doing great, he might be ready for a P-5 job in the next season or two.
DustyM
TheAgentGrant said:

PartyBear said:

Agreed that ESPN back peddling will be amazing.
That would be entertaining to watch. Another thing to consider is that UTSA is scheduled to play UT for the next few years. It might be to big of a risk to have Briles going to Austin with a chance to beat UT.
boognish_bear
Vandy on the BT bandwagon

DustyM
boognish_bear said:

Vandy on the BT bandwagon

This woman has turned a horrible incident into a growing business. What is next, can't wait to see who she scams next.
xiledinok
Briles isn't getting hired by any NCAA school. He wants to do things his way and has no credibility to be trusted by any regent board. He made too many poor decisions.

Texas could have hired him. Instead, they whipped him in the "mall fight and his tanking and tampering staff the next season in a 4th quarter collapse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.