Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

75,031 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Art had some responsibility in this mess. And he was scapegoated. And Baylor made him and his lawyers millionaires. What tangled webs we weave!!! Your employers continue to give all of us alumni the finger. Screw them and screw you too. Just glad I got to experience Big Boy Football at Baylor in my lifetime. Life is good. Sic 'Em Bears. Put the wood to those pesky Lumberjacks!!!!! I will not be there. I will be catching oversized redfish.
I can die now.

You finally admitted that Art was at least partially responsible. Then you immediately say he was scapegoated.

Art was a millionaire long before he scapegoated himself!

Big Boy Football means you are not playing Seguin Matador level competition while running up the stats. Big Boy Football means you win your Big Boy bowl games when you are favored to win.

You need to leave those redfish alone and revert back to alligator gar out of the crystal clear Brazos!

You need to broker a deal to bring Mt. Vernon down to play Seguin. Think of the orgasmic fans filling up Matador Stadium!!!!!

Wait a minute.............12-5A teeing up 7-3A competition? I think the 2000 student Mats would fall to the 469 student Tigers.
C'mon Mannnn!!! You are being hard on the mighty Matadors. Like Baylor, Seguin High School has much bigger problems than just football.

I never once said that Art Briles was totally innocent in all of this. Sure he made mistakes, as did Ian McCaw. They certainly were less than perfect. But he is just a football coach. Apparently Baylor failed to tell him in his job description that he was also required to be a parent, a chaperone, a shrink, a sheriff's deputy, an administrator, a bureaucrat, a fortune teller, and to get on his knees and kiss the brass rings of a small handful of Regents.

Isn't Seguin the meth capital of Texas?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ShooterTX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Art had some responsibility in this mess. And he was scapegoated. And Baylor made him and his lawyers millionaires. What tangled webs we weave!!! Your employers continue to give all of us alumni the finger. Screw them and screw you too. Just glad I got to experience Big Boy Football at Baylor in my lifetime. Life is good. Sic 'Em Bears. Put the wood to those pesky Lumberjacks!!!!! I will not be there. I will be catching oversized redfish.
I can die now.

You finally admitted that Art was at least partially responsible. Then you immediately say he was scapegoated.

Big Boy Football means you are not playing Seguin Matador level competition while running up the stats. Big Boy Football means you win your Big Boy bowl games when you are favored to win.

You need to leave those redfish alone and revert back to alligator gar out of the crystal clear Brazos!

You need to broker a deal to bring Mt. Vernon down to play Seguin. Think of the orgasmic fans filling up Matador Stadium!!!!!

Wait a minute.............12-5A teeing up 7-3A competition? I think the 2000 student Mats would fall to the 469 student Tigers.
C'mon Mannnn!!! You are being hard on the mighty Matadors. Like Baylor, Seguin High School has much bigger problems than just football.

I never once said that Art Briles was totally innocent in all of this. Sure he made mistakes, as did Ian McCaw. They certainly were less than perfect. But he is just a football coach. Apparently Baylor failed to tell him in his job description that he was also required to be a parent, a chaperone, a shrink, a sheriff's deputy, an administrator, a bureaucrat, a fortune teller, and to get on his knees and kiss the brass rings of a small handful of Regents.

There are a whole lot of drugs that pass through Seguin, Texas. Not many of them stay. Seguin is right off of Interstate 10 with IH35 about 14 miles to the north.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BUbearinARK
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ShooterTX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

There are a whole lot of drugs that pass through Seguin, Texas. Not many of them stay. Seguin is right off of Interstate 10 with IH35 about 14 miles to the north.
from Seguin with TLC
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

Thank goodness we had 3 Seguin Matadors on our schedule last year and this year. After our first 3 this year we will be half way to bowl eligible. Nice position to be in. Given a finishing record of 3 & 6 puts in a bowl.

Just like Derp Art and his Derp buddies wanted it. A Baptist best down on some lowly team to get those stats up and make Baby Briles look competent.

I m hoping Art puts Clayton, Oklahoma on the schedule. One school will be shooting up in restrooms while the other town shoots up in the parking lot.
I sure enjoyed those two ass-whippings we gave to that Bible beating Liberty and little ole UTSA. Rhule sure knows how to put those cupcakes in their place. LOL!

After Briles tampered and tanked the roster and destroyed year 1. It's always costly having to clean house and turnover a roster.

I am expecting Briles and his staff will be recruiting players left and right to build his team. The competition can almost guarantee there will be some new arrivals.

It is amusing that people would actually believe wonderful posters like myself, Thee and Milli would actually attend a game in Mt. Vernon. I don't see myself watching Mt. Vernon. Trolling Briles would require a road game for the Cabers.

FWIW, love the mixing of politics and sports. The feminism was our ***** schedule brought to Power 5 by Art. We needed to act like we belonged like ever other Power 5 and schedule. Art's schedule made it easy for the conference to take the bowl money. We hadn't contributed enough in the past to have our bumpkin ball coach make the rules.
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

Thank goodness we had 3 Seguin Matadors on our schedule last year and this year. After our first 3 this year we will be half way to bowl eligible. Nice position to be in. Given a finishing record of 3 & 6 puts in a bowl.

Just like Derp Art and his Derp buddies wanted it. A Baptist best down on some lowly team to get those stats up and make Baby Briles look competent.

I m hoping Art puts Clayton, Oklahoma on the schedule. One school will be shooting up in restrooms while the other town shoots up in the parking lot.
I sure enjoyed those two ass-whippings we gave to that Bible beating Liberty and little ole UTSA. Rhule sure knows how to put those cupcakes in their place. LOL!
It's funny how you alternate between living in revisionist histories of 2015 and 2017 and expect everyone else to share that same fantasy.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

It's funny how you alternate between living in revisionist histories of 2015 and 2017 and expect everyone else to share that same fantasy.
Revisionist histories? Fantasy? You mean we didn't lose to Liberty and UTSA and go 1-11 in 2017? Whew!!!! Thank you Milli. I am relieved to know that was all just a bad dream and didn't happen.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

After Briles tampered and tanked the roster and destroyed year 1. It's always costly having to clean house and turnover a roster.

FWIW, love the mixing of politics and sports. The feminism was our ***** schedule brought to Power 5 by Art.

Speaking of mixing sports and politics, your post reminds me very much of our previous President's answer to every crisis, - "Let me be clear, it was George Bush's fault!!!"

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

FWIW, love the mixing of politics and sports. The feminism was our ***** schedule brought to Power 5 by Art.

Speaking of mixing sports and politics, your post reminds me very much of our previous President's answer to every crisis, - "Let me be clear, it was George Bush's fault!!!"
Reading ain't your strong suit. Basically, in your CTE dementia, you live in a reality where events of 2015 and 2017 play out as an alternate reality and can never be lived beyond.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

I will repeat. What if one of the victims was your daughter?

Good question...

To help answer this, let's consider the case of the daughter who was a volleyball player. Mind you, this was the ONLY case the BOR offered up as an example where Art Briles "knew of a rape but didn't report it".

Of her, the volleyball coach wrote in a letter, "Because there is so much wrong information out there and Coach Briles has been accused of a cover-up, my player has fully endorsed me to make a statement. In fact she said Art Briles was a good and faithful man. She appreciated his support and she was very thankful that he kept her name out of this as well"....

You mean this daughter?

That did not answer my question. Try again.

It wasn't meant to answer your question, but rather to challenge your faulty premise.

Faulty premise?

I have two daughters. Neither wanted to go to Baylor much to my pocketbook's delight. One went to an "institution of football" that so many on here pine for and the other went to one the most liberal schools in the US way up north. I raised them to stay away from football players!

I have two lawyer friends who sent their daughters to Baylor during the 2012-2016 time frames. Both are HUGE sports fans and they both told me separately that their daughters came home to tell them that the Baylor football team is "out of control".

As a former Baylor player I saw a lot myself and heard a lot of wild stories that are not in the Southern Baptist Manual nor are they addressed in the Baylor Code of Ethics. ALL of the players understood that Abner McCall's Baylor did not give us carte blanche around Waco or on campus. We all knew there would be hell to pay if we did anything out of bounds or gave Baylor a black eye.

You guys have let your love affair with a football coach who placed TRUE discipline way down his priority list give you bad cases of the candy leg. You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed.

I'm saying that GT & his staff, spending 5+ hours a day with athletes in both casual encounters and professional coaching encounters know who the "bad dudes" were. They kept the "bad dudes" on a very short leash.

What was so different? GT understood how to keep his finger on the pulse of the team and moved quickly to cut the cancer out before it poisoned even more.

I think the bottom line was that GT loved Baylor and respected her Mission Statement 1000 times more so than the UT wanna be coach we let run wild.

Yes, faulty premise. Your "what if it were your daughter" argument is assuming that all the allegations being thrown out there are true, and that Art Briles is to blame, neither of which has been proven, except perhaps only in the court of public opinion where innuendo, allegations in lawsuit filings, out of context text messages, biased reporting, and the opinions of "professional victims" serve as "proof". So by assuming the truth of your disputed conclusion in your premise, in essence you're begging the question.

Here in this last post you seem to be offering your past experience and personal bias as proof of your premise, (which by the way is yet another fallacy). Though your experience gives you a lot more insight than others, and while it may be pertinent to your team back then, you really haven't offered anything that directly pertains to the team at hand, except for what two friends of yours said. While I don't have any reason to doubt them, at best this is just anecdotal evidence based on hearsay. In contrast, however, I offered an actual documented example of the volleyball player to challenge your premise that Briles is definitely to blame and is therefore deserving of all the animus being directed at him, as if he was the Grim Raper himself. But here we have an actual victim, from the actual case where "Briles knew of a rape but didn't report it", who doesn't seem to blame Briles, but rather, seems to be generally supportive of him, even praising him personally and for how he handled the situation, and defending him against the rampant criticism.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to fully change your mind because of this, but I think mitigating pieces of evidence like this should at least temper the extremist stance against Briles that too many here have firmly entrenched themselves in. Extremist stances, such as saying to those who defend Briles, "You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed."- which not only is begging the question again, but also it does nothing for the debate/discussion except to antagonize and falsely defame.
Timbear
Bottom line, they're fired up in Mt. Vernon tonight.

Thee University
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Yes, faulty premise. Your "what if it were your daughter" argument is assuming that all the allegations being thrown out there are true, and that Art Briles is to blame, neither of which has been proven, except perhaps only in the court of public opinion where innuendo, allegations in lawsuit filings, out of context text messages, biased reporting, and the opinions of "professional victims" serve as "proof". So by assuming the truth of your disputed conclusion in your premise, in essence you're begging the question.

Here in this last post you seem to be offering your past experience and personal bias as proof of your premise, (which by the way is yet another fallacy). Though your experience gives you a lot more insight than others, and while it may be pertinent to your team back then, you really haven't offered anything that directly pertains to the team at hand, except for what two friends of yours said. While I don't have any reason to doubt them, at best this is just anecdotal evidence based on hearsay. In contrast, however, I offered an actual documented example of the volleyball player to challenge your premise that Briles is definitely to blame and is therefore deserving of all the animus being directed at him, as if he was the Grim Raper himself. But here we have an actual victim, from the actual case where "Briles knew of a rape but didn't report it", who doesn't seem to blame Briles, but rather, seems to be generally supportive of him, even praising him personally and for how he handled the situation, and defending him against the rampant criticism.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to fully change your mind because of this, but I think mitigating pieces of evidence like this should at least temper the extremist stance against Briles that too many here have firmly entrenched themselves in. Extremist stances, such as saying to those who defend Briles, "You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed."- which not only is begging the question again, but also it does nothing for the debate/discussion except to antagonize and falsely defame.

I never said ALL of the allegations were true.

I never said Art was the sole person to blame.

Go back and craft a new masterpiece of response. I salute your effort but you are chasing another premise. Not mine.

You were incapable of understanding my own personal Baylor Football experiences. Only the names and faces change from year to year. How you mange and discipline those interchangeable parts is what makes the difference. I refuse to cite and detail actual events and most certainly won't divulge names. The point remains, the difference is that most teams understand and obey rules, laws and structure. These teams have many of the same characters and "problems" other teams have. However, a strong dose of discipline, understanding the mission statement, the history of the institution, the goals of the institution and just that fact that Baylor is the largest Baptist University in the world and truly expects more out of their students and student/athletes got lost somewhere.

I suggest that my stance is not extremest but that of a realist tempered with a dose of personal experience in environments of "characters" that just about every single college football team in America possess. It only took a little bit of extra effort for Art to protect his kingdom and his legacy. It seemed to me that he almost did not care about the collateral damage done to Baylor during his planned short stint in Waco.

I'm not antagonizing Art. He feathered his own nest. He knew how the game was played. He is not stupid. He knew that it was only a matter of time before some of authority at Baylor stepped in and put an end to his lackadaisical approach to disciplining his problem kids. The only thing that postponed this implosion a year or two was that Art brought wins to a program that was the 98 lb weakling for so many years. The Baylor bluebloods held their noses for as long as they could but everyone has a limit.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
TexasScientist
Engel is right. It's time to let Art move on. He hasn't been convicted of anything, or charged with anything. The buck stops with the BOR.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Bottom line, they're fired up in Mt. Vernon tonight.

Oh nelly, Friday night 3A high school football sure gets cosmopolitan places going...
MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

Engal is right. It's time to let Art move on. He hasn't been convicted of anything, or charged with anything. The buck stops with the BOR.
Couldn't agree more about moving on, which is why it's all the more boring Cabers still troll this forum, they're irrelevant to Baylor football.
TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

Engal is right. It's time to let Art move on. He hasn't been convicted of anything, or charged with anything. The buck stops with the BOR.
Couldn't agree more about moving on, which is why it's all the more boring Cabers still troll this forum, they're irrelevant to Baylor football.
Caberphobia - Your fixation is interesting.
BaylorRocks
Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I never said ALL of the allegations were true.

I never said Art was the sole person to blame.

Go back and craft a new masterpiece of response. I salute your effort but you are chasing another premise. Not mine.

You were incapable of understanding my own personal Baylor Football experiences. Only the names and faces change from year to year. How you mange and discipline those interchangeable parts is what makes the difference. I refuse to cite and detail actual events and most certainly won't divulge names. The point remains, the difference is that most teams understand and obey rules, laws and structure. These teams have many of the same characters and "problems" other teams have. However, a strong dose of discipline, understanding the mission statement, the history of the institution, the goals of the institution and just that fact that Baylor is the largest Baptist University in the world and truly expects more out of their students and student/athletes got lost somewhere.

I suggest that my stance is not extremest but that of a realist tempered with a dose of personal experience in environments of "characters" that just about every single college football team in America possess. It only took a little bit of extra effort for Art to protect his kingdom and his legacy. It seemed to me that he almost did not care about the collateral damage done to Baylor during his planned short stint in Waco.

I'm not antagonizing Art. He feathered his own nest. He knew how the game was played. He is not stupid. He knew that it was only a matter of time before some of authority at Baylor stepped in and put an end to his lackadaisical approach to disciplining his problem kids. The only thing that postponed this implosion a year or two was that Art brought wins to a program that was the 98 lb weakling for so many years. The Baylor bluebloods held their noses for as long as they could but everyone has a limit.

"Baylor legends: Teaff, Singletary, RGIII, and oh yeah that guy who posts on the free football forum."

MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

Caberphobia - Your fixation is interesting.
Yeah, I'm the one 4 years into a rape apologetics campaign for a high school coach on a Baylor forum.

Keep projecting, it's really gaining ground for your boy.
BUbearinARK
Timbear
Hey, Owned ( Milli), read the thread title. It's about Art, Einstein. If you don't want to post about Art don't. why attack those who are posting on a thread about Art?
xiledinok
The little I ve seen. They aren't too fired up in Mt. Vernon.
Timbear
Yeah, right , X, they just sold out the stadium the first day. You mean you hope they're not fired up. You have seen very little.
william
whole lotta hissin' going on................

- melvin p. thorpe

{ sipping coffee }

Fetterman2024
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Yeah, right , X, they just sold out the stadium the first day. You mean you hope they're not fired up. You have seen very little.

I ve seen a few comments online. Just because you sellout and draw many curious customers, doesn't mean you are completely loved. Mt Vernon is small. Even a 10,000 sellout school will have people not in love with the home team's choices. What have I not seen that you are posting about?
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Hey, Owned ( Milli), read the thread title. It's about Art, Einstein. If you don't want to post about Art don't. why attack those who are posting on a thread about Art?
Ownership must be one of those words like "rape" and "reality" that Cabers just don't understand.

If you wanna discuss high school football then start a high school football forum instead of parroting fanfiction for 4 years on a big boy forum.

So long as you keep coming here and whining that you're mocked for posting about irrelevant 3A high school football on a Big 12 board you're going to keep feeling like a victim of your own idiocy.

TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Ownership must be one of those words like "rape" and "reality" that Cabers just don't understand.

If you wanna discuss high school football then start a high school football forum instead of parroting fanfiction for 4 years on a big boy forum.

So long as you keep coming here and whining that you're mocked for posting about irrelevant 3A high school football on a Big 12 board you're going to keep feeling like a victim of your own idiocy.

You're just fearful he'll be successful.
Timbear
Milli Owned is so pathetic. Keep trying Owned. Hey, this thread happens to be a high school football thread.
MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Yeah, so much fear of what a 64-year-old guy plucked out of Italy does on Friday nights as a 3A high school football coach.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Milli Owned is so pathetic. Keep trying Owned. Hey, this thread happens to be a high school football thread.
It's a thread of Caber fanfiction that hates when reality intrudes.

TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Yeah, so much fear of what a 64-year-old guy plucked out of Italy does on Friday nights as a 3A high school football coach.
Ripped out of successful P5 program at Baylor.
MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

You Cabers are like the crazy ex-girlfriend that can't move on nearly half a decade later when their sane ex-boyfriend grew up and got married.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

You Cabers are like the crazy ex-girlfriend that can't move on nearly half a decade later when their sane ex-boyfriend grew up and got married.
Yes, Matt Rhule appears to be Baylor's soul mate. Baylor Football will live happily ever after. Go Bears!!! Kick some of that Lumberjack ass!

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
Rd2, you should have been warning Art online that he was setting himself up for embarrassment that will last eternity since his firing.
He should have gone quietly for a year. He instead chose to attack the rogue regents' credibility. The people who orchestrated that $15 million gift payday on his remaining contract and gave him that gushing letter of support. One that seemingly gave him Baylor's official endorsement. An endorsement after he leveraged the school with helping assist those mean Plaintiff's lawyers.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

Rd2, you should have been warning Art online that he was setting himself up for embarrassment that will last eternity since his firing.
He should have gone quietly for a year. He instead chose to attack the rogue regents' credibility. The people who orchestrated that $15 million gift payday on his remaining contract and gave him that gushing letter of support. One that seemingly gave him Baylor's official endorsement. An endorsement after he leveraged the school with helping assist those mean Plaintiff's lawyers.

The #MeToo Lotto at Baylor is alive and well and as a matter of fact "thriving". This is due to the actions of the "rogue Regents" you refer too. I have never in my life witnessed such hypocrisy from people that publicly proclaim to be Christians. For the record, I have chosen to no longer fund the #MeToo Lotto at Baylor. Hopefully you and your buds can take up the slack.

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

The #MeToo Lotto at Baylor is alive and well and as a matter of fact "thriving". This is due to the actions of the "rogue Regents" you refer too. I have never in my life witnessed such hypocrisy from people that publicly proclaim to be Christians. For the record, I have chosen to no longer fund the #MeToo Lotto at Baylor. Hopefully you and your buds can take up the slack.

You guys like to preach about everyone else's actions but Art Briles' actions. Does he get an evangelical pass because he won a Big 12 championship and shared another?

#Metoo isn't Baylor. It's not the little right nut job group they told to **** off. Baylor isn't Bob Jones or Berkley. Civil unrest by students doesn't occur.

Baylor's mistake was having those Baptist Country Club regents being led a few regents fail to manage the employees who weren't doing their jobs.
Starr was asleep collecting a paycheck.
Your boy Ian let Art manage him while Ian was in his office.
Art didn't discipline, manage and act accountable. Instead, he was using Baylor to get the Texas job.

Art is coaching at an high school version of NAIA 2. It clearly wasn't because of Baylor.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

You guys like to preach about everyone else's actions but Art Briles' actions. Does he get an evangelical pass because he won a Big 12 championship and shared another?

#Metoo isn't Baylor. It's not the little right nut job group they told to **** off. Baylor isn't Bob Jones or Berkley. Civil unrest by students doesn't occur.

Baylor's mistake was having those Baptist Country Club regents being led a few regents fail to manage the employees who weren't doing their jobs.
Starr was asleep collecting a paycheck.
Your boy Ian let Art manage him while Ian was in his office.
Art didn't discipline, manage and act accountable. Instead, he was using Baylor to get the Texas job.

Art is coaching at an high school version of NAIA 2. It clearly wasn't because of Baylor.
Briles could have had the Texas job had he wanted it. Ironically, his inability to kowtow to a couple of the corrupt Baylor Regents was the reason why he even considered the Texas job. These same Regents resented Art's success and were like a couple of high school girls that got snubbed for Prom queen. It is all about power for those guys and nothing has really changed.

Art Briles was a college football coach. He was far from perfect. He was really no different than any other P5 college football coach.

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.