Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

75,242 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
oldbear69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Geez x , when u haven't done anything wrong .. why would u show remorse .. I wouldn't expect any defendant in a criminal case to show remorse if he pleads not guilty and says he "didn't do it".... u libtards just don't get it...are u really related to Jerry Nadler....
I seem to remember something about Art breaking down in BOR teeth gnashing fashion and sobbing hysterically for his job back.
just more fake news , Nancy,,,,,,,
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

Do you seriously think Budweiser et al. have told schools if you hire Briles we will not allow your games to be televised because we will boycott advertising during them? You really have a grandiose view of this. Briles is not as big a deal as he is in your head. Budwieser, Disney etc do not give a shxt if or where Briles is coaching.

Disney owns ESPN. I think we know how they stand on Art Briles. Chick Fil a has no place for white gangsta football coaches on their broadcast or in their restaurants.
Southern whites have a lot influence on college football. Briles was considered a dirt bag who tried to backdoor his way into the NC in SEC country. Finebaum had those good ole boys and guys wanting Art to be spanked.
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

redfish961 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

I don't know about a Div 1 program in 2 years. I can see a Lake Travis, Allen, Midway level program and then back to college from there perhaps.
I, too, think he will be back in college ranks, but will say more like five years instead of two.
You think a 69-year-old media pariah that has been banished back to the high school level is going to be a hot commodity as a college coaching hire in half a decade?
I don't think so, but I have to wonder about someone that is so obsessed that they are tracking a guy that just got a 3A high school job.

Is it hard to let him be?

Would you voice your concerns to his face? Perhaps he could tell you what he thinks while looking him in the eye and vice versa...Bring your cronies so they have their opportunity too.

I already know the answer from you and your cronies.

Face to face doesn't work for cowards.

They would much rather hide behind their keyboard and spew their vomit without repercussion.

I'm sure Geoff Ketchum would love some of you to join along and follow the shepherd.

Same agenda.
You Cabers have spent four-years fanboying fan fiction fantasies about the inevitable natties and vindication of Art Briles and you dare to call other people who grant you a reality check obsessed?

Too rich, self-awareness is as divorced from you lot as reality itself.

You guys swore he was headed to the SEC to win natties, four years later he's at a 3A small-town high school after a glorified stint coaching intramural football in Italy in front of crowds of dozens.

All of which you lot have daily taken up the bandwidth of a Baylor fan forum to circle jerk about.

And now you get offended when your latest goal post move for "vindication" is lampooned, especially after a couple of you are swearing this is but stepping stone number one to a full-fledged return to college football glory for him by his 70th birthday instead of the end of his professional rope.

PS you're not brave, you're just delusional and have an internet connection to tell us all about it.

No mention of our GLORIOUS Texas Bowl victory? You are slipping, Milli.
Baylor football coach Matt Rhule's Texas Bowl record: 1-0

Mount Vernon High School football coach Art Briles' Texas Bowl record: 0-1

MilliVanilli
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Originally Posted by Redfish.

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

Not sure you understand how a university works, so I'll explain.

The higher you are paid, the more that's expected. Football is a vehicle for the universities mission. Do you think Notre Dame would tolerate Brian Kelly telling them he didn't want tohelp Notre Dame raise scholarship money or speak to alums? They'd can him so fast he'd be lucky to clean out the company car. Notre Dame used their coaches to build the university, that's why they have $4bil in endowment.

We let Briles use us.

In retrospect, we gave Briles too much. Hiring the inbred relatives. Unqualified friends. Paying him insanely above market rates. And he couldn't be bothered to help the community every once in a while? His idea was to market himself to UT. The genius wrote a book telling how he'd nearly left like what, three times? And asked the school bookstore to carry it. Kim Mulkey called him out for his suspect loyalty.

Great football coach, worst negotiator I've ever seen. Zero sum, when the game is win/win.

I guess it works in a small town. But elite universities expect more.

It is ironic that he attempted to use us as a stepping stone to get the UT job or even the NFL, but in the end we ended up burying him so completely that he will end in the place he always should've remained, a small town high school football coach.

That's his comfort zone and how he operates, big boy football was too big a stage for him.
RegentCoverup
fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

The higher you are paid, the more that's expected. Football is a vehicle for the universities mission. Do you think Notre Dame would tolerate Brian Kelly telling them he didn't want tohelp Notre Dame raise scholarship money or speak to alums? They'd can him so fast he'd be lucky to clean out the company car. Notre Dame used their coaches to build the university, that's why they have $4bil in endowment.

We let Briles use us.

In retrospect, we gave Briles too much. Hiring the inbred relatives. Unqualified friends. Paying him insanely above market rates. And he couldn't be bothered to help the community every once in a while? His idea was to market himself to UT. The genius wrote a book telling how he'd nearly left like what, three times? And asked the school bookstore to carry it. Kim Mulkey called him out for his suspect loyalty.

Great football coach, worst negotiator I've ever seen. Zero sum, when the game is win/win.

He gave us two conference championships in football.
I don't remember Baylor making him write a book or go behind our backs to sell himself to UT, but nice spin.

Plenty to complain about with the Board, but if you think he left us better off, you need to ask around.
RegentCoverup

Quote:

It is ironic that he attempted to use us as a stepping stone to get the UT job or even the NFL, but in the end we ended up burying him so completely that he will end in the place he always should've remained, a small town high school football coach.

That's his comfort zone and how he operates, big boy football was too big a stage for him.

Yep. Guy Morriss picked up the phone and raised money, why couldn't Art?
REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

I don't remember Baylor making him write a book or go behind our backs to sell himself to UT, but nice spin.

Plenty to complain about with the Board, but if you think he left us better off, you need to ask around.

Post of the year
You should retire
Really
Thanks
RegentCoverup
REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Post of the year
You should retire
Really
Thanks
Ahhh, but living in your head rent free is so much more enjoyable.

Now get up off the La-Z-boy and look out the window again and tell yourself you've changed our minds about Kendall Briles.
REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Post of the year
You should retire
Really
Thanks

Now get up off the La-Z-boy and look out the window again and tell yourself you've changed our minds about Kendall Briles.

Don't know what your thoughts are about KB??
RegentCoverup
REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Post of the year
You should retire
Really
Thanks

You tell me bigshot. You're the king of kilgore.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Yet you have no problem whatsoever with your new coach interviewing at will with the NFL and his agent Mack Rhoades negotiating him another raise each season. Why the double standard? I know why but look forward to hearing from you.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Post of the year
You should retire
Really
Thanks

I have no idea what your thoughts are
Scary I'm sure
RegentCoverup
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Yet you have no problem whatsoever with your new coach interviewing at will with the NFL and his agent Mack Rhoades negotiating him another raise each season. Why the double standard? I know why but look forward to hearing from you.
I've got no problem with Briles interviewing for the NFL. Kinda figured he already had.

I've got a better idea, ask a UT fan how they'd feel if their coach wanted to take the OU job. Get back to me on that.

Maybe you tell me why Rhule hasn't written a book yet telling how he had other offers ???
RegentCoverup
REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Post of the year
You should retire
Really
Thanks

Scary I'm sure
Well, I hate to puncture your balloon, but you've been so predictable for so long, I might read one in 50 of your posts. By now, I kinda know what you're gonna say.

But riddle me this, the whole world is putting the pitch fork to your hero, Art Briles. And you can't defend him anywhere, but the one place where people are largely indifferent.

Does that strike you as misguided?
REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

Post of the year
You should retire
Really
Thanks

Scary I'm sure
Well, I hate to puncture your balloon, but you've been so predictable for so long, I might read one in 50 of your posts. By now, I kinda know what you're gonna say.

But riddle me this, the whole world is putting the pitch fork to your hero, Art Briles. And you can't defend him anywhere, but the one place where people are largely indifferent.

Does that strike you as misguided?

The whole world?
Thanks
EatMoreSalmon
This thread has become
Thee University
EatMoreSalmon said:

This thread has become

Penland Pencil Necks
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
RegentCoverup
Thee University said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

This thread has become

Penland Pencil Necks
The terms I heard were far more cruel haha
xiledinok
Just remember, Rex's offspring and Baby Briles were calling plays against TCU in the pouring rain. God should have struck those ignorant Colts with lightening.
Worst football offensive game planning in the history of football played on tv.
Jacques Strap
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

LOL

CAB made it rain money on Baylor.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

redfish961 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

I don't know about a Div 1 program in 2 years. I can see a Lake Travis, Allen, Midway level program and then back to college from there perhaps.
I, too, think he will be back in college ranks, but will say more like five years instead of two.
You think a 69-year-old media pariah that has been banished back to the high school level is going to be a hot commodity as a college coaching hire in half a decade?
I don't think so, but I have to wonder about someone that is so obsessed that they are tracking a guy that just got a 3A high school job.

Would you voice your concerns to his face? Perhaps he could tell you what he thinks while looking him in the eye and vice versa...Bring your cronies so they have their opportunity too.

They would much rather hide behind their keyboard and spew their vomit without repercussion.

I'm sure Geoff Ketchum would love some of you to join along and follow the shepherd.

Same agenda.
You Cabers have spent four-years fanboying fan fiction fantasies about the inevitable natties and vindication of Art Briles and you dare to call other people who grant you a reality check obsessed?

You guys swore he was headed to the SEC to win natties, four years later he's at a 3A small-town high school after a glorified stint coaching intramural football in Italy in front of crowds of dozens.

All of which you lot have daily taken up the bandwidth of a Baylor fan forum to circle jerk about.

And now you get offended when your latest goal post move for "vindication" is lampooned, especially after a couple of you are swearing this is but stepping stone number one to a full-fledged return to college football glory for him by his 70th birthday instead of the end of his professional rope.

PS you're not brave, you're just delusional and have an internet connection to tell us all about it.

1-11 seasons for former Baylor Football Coach Art Briles: 0

1-11 seasons for current Baylor Football Coach Matt Rhule: 1 (so far)
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

redfish961 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

Same agenda.

Chances Art Briles will be known mostly for football coaching when he dies: 0
Chances Matt Rhule will be known mostly for football coaching when he dies: 100
ShooterTX

I love CMR, but this is just a stupid comparison.

CAB was an extremely successful coach. CMR has had a great recovery from a horrible scandal. There is no reason for admiration of these coaches to be mutually exclusive.

CAB built a solid program following his own unique vision. CMR is in the process of doing the same thing. Neither of them felt compelled to follow their predecessors. Both of them have been successful program builders at lower levels. CMR looks like he will be successful at the P5 level, just like CAB did after 3 seasons. Will CMR be as successful at Baylor as CAB was.... only time will tell.
It took CAB 3 years to make a bowl game, and 4 years to win one. CMR did both in just 2 years.
It took CAB 6 years to win the Big12... who knows how long it will take CMR, but I think we can agree that he should get at least 5 years.
Am I saying that CMR is better than CAB... HELL NO! They are just too different to try and compare them in the same breath.
CMR is better at recruiting, and better with the off-field job. CAB was the better innovator with offenses and in-game strategy & adjustments. That doesn't mean that CAB sucked at recruiting or that CMR sucks at offense. But you have to admit that CAB may have been the best offensive mind during his P5 career (or even now), and CMR is one of the very best at P5 recruiting. These two coaches have different strengths, and they happen to be the gold standards within those strengths.

I admire both of these coaches for their strengths. They are both exceptional coaches. Let's just leave it at that.

Right now our coach is Matt Rhule, and I think he is an excellent coach. I am especially looking forward to a season with Charlie Brewer as the #1 QB. No more grad transfers to get in the way.
I think 8 wins is the bottom of what is expected, and 10 wins (including a bowl win) is not entirely insane.
Aberzombie1892
xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

redfish961 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Iron Claw said:

PartyBear said:

Same agenda.

Chances Art Briles will be known mostly for football coaching when he dies: 0
Chances Matt Rhule will be known mostly for football coaching when he dies: 100
This response is actually pretty clever.
Oso Pardo
Well said
57Bear
ShooterTX said:

Will CMR be as successful at Baylor as CAB was.... only time will tell.
It took CAB 3 years to make a bowl game, and 4 years to win one. CMR did both in just 2 years.

"As had been the case at Houston, Briles inherited a Baylor program that had fallen on hard times. The Bears had not had a winning season since 1995, and had won a total of 11 games in 12 years of Big 12 play."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Briles

When CMR came on board, how many years had it been since Baylor won a bowl game?

ShooterTX
57Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

Will CMR be as successful at Baylor as CAB was.... only time will tell.

"As had been the case at Houston, Briles inherited a Baylor program that had fallen on hard times. The Bears had not had a winning season since 1995, and had won a total of 11 games in 12 years of Big 12 play."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Briles

When CMR came on board, how many years had it been since Baylor won a bowl game?

Oh good Lord.
Some people are just sooooooo sensitive.

The fact that Briles was able to get a bowl game victory within 4 years is amazing. He built a program from nothing, and he has been the most successful Baylor coach in the past 20 years or more.

Are we good now?? Did we get a bandaid on the boo-boo??

Likewise, CMR had to build a program from nothing. Yes... i said it. CMR is building his program from nothing. The scandal wiped out almost everything that Briles had built. I don't blame CAB for the scandal, nor do I think it was a football program issue. Regardless of the truth, the media turned Baylor Football into a toxic wasteland. No one wanted to come here, and even fewer wanted to stay.

Briles inherited a Baylor program that had fallen on hard times - very, very true. Are you not going to acknowledge that Rhule also inherited a Baylor program that had fallen on hard times?? Are we not still recovering from that scandal? Are we not still under the Sword of Damocles with the NCAA? Are you aware that recruits are very worried about the future existence of our program?

In 2018, the major contributors on offense were:

Charlie Brewer
John Lovett
Jalen Hurd
Trestan Ebner
Denzel Mims
Jamycal Hasty
Marques Jones
Tyquan Thornton

Of these players, ZERO ever played for Briles. Three of them were recruited by Briles, but had a RS year under Jim Grobe. These guys were all Matt Rhule players. Most coaches in their 2nd year are working with a ton of players from the previous coach. Not so here. CMR is building his program from the ground up.

Again, none of this praise of CMR should be seen as a slam at CAB. Why should it be? Each coach is playing to their strengths. CMR is a rockstar recruiter. It isn't hard to succeed quickly, if you start with really great talent. CAB is an offensive innovator. It takes longer to succeed when you have to teach players something that they have never seen before. I will say that it seems like CMR is also excellent at flipping players from one position to another, or even from one side of the ball to the other. So maybe he is pretty good at teaching something that is totally new to a talented player. Still.... give CMR some credit. No need to think that we have to take away from CAB to give CMR his due.
MaduroUTMB
The thread that binds the posters intent upon bashing Briles together is an absolute refusal to admit any fault on the part of the regents.

The folks at Judicial Affairs who said that Tevin Elliot was a swell guy who was merely the victim of repeated, bogus accusations are still doing the same jobs that they've done for the past 30 years. The regents who enacted policies that ensured that rape victims would be punished for drinking and/or drug use while the guys who raped them would probably get off Scot free are still on the board.

There is a deep and vested interest among some parties that Art Briles bear all of the blame for sexual assault at Baylor during his tenure as head football coach. I think that everyone can agree that he deserves at least some of it. But the overwhelming evidence points to a lot of people who did much worse that Briles for far longer (with most continuing on to the present day) who are still hiding behind the laughable pretense that Briles committed their crimes.
Timbear
Great job, Maduro. Well said. Anyone who blindly blames Art for everything has an agenda besides the truth.
ScottS
Go Mount Vernon! Long live CAB. Ignore the haters.
Amarillobear
fadskier said:

boognish_bear said:

Iron Claw said:

Chris Krok on WBAP is ranting about this hire tonight. I can't bring myself to call in but I did email him. Not listening anymore. No one called in during the first 40 or so minutes of his show as he spouted misinformation. Quoted the 51/31 many times. Said Briles was coaching high school in Italy and how terrible it was that he worshipped football so much that he would go all the way to Italy to coach.

It was apparent he did no homework on this before going all SJW on it.

One of my non-Baylor buddies just texted me today saying he had just heard the 51/31 number and said he hadn't realized the numbers were that high.

This is causing all of those unverified but casually accepted numbers to resurface again.

What's the flaw in the 51/31 info? I'm getting that also and am looking to disprove...
The flaw in that statement is that it was an allegation made by an attorney in his legal filing to make Baylor look as bad as possible. An allegation is not a fact.
ScottS
Right....its BS just like the BS my ex wife and her attorney say in their filings.
RegentCoverup
Jacques Strap said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

LOL

and that money went out the door in lawsuits.
RegentCoverup
MaduroUTMB said:

The thread that binds the posters intent upon bashing Briles together is an absolute refusal to admit any fault on the part of the regents.
Ok, who wants to tell the new guy how we found out about the dildo salesman.
DAC
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Jacques Strap said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

We let Briles use us.

LOL

and that money went out the door in lawsuits.

Didn't need need to

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.