Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

75,053 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Yes, faulty premise. Your "what if it were your daughter" argument is assuming that all the allegations being thrown out there are true, and that Art Briles is to blame, neither of which has been proven, except perhaps only in the court of public opinion where innuendo, allegations in lawsuit filings, out of context text messages, biased reporting, and the opinions of "professional victims" serve as "proof". So by assuming the truth of your disputed conclusion in your premise, in essence you're begging the question.

Here in this last post you seem to be offering your past experience and personal bias as proof of your premise, (which by the way is yet another fallacy). Though your experience gives you a lot more insight than others, and while it may be pertinent to your team back then, you really haven't offered anything that directly pertains to the team at hand, except for what two friends of yours said. While I don't have any reason to doubt them, at best this is just anecdotal evidence based on hearsay. In contrast, however, I offered an actual documented example of the volleyball player to challenge your premise that Briles is definitely to blame and is therefore deserving of all the animus being directed at him, as if he was the Grim Raper himself. But here we have an actual victim, from the actual case where "Briles knew of a rape but didn't report it", who doesn't seem to blame Briles, but rather, seems to be generally supportive of him, even praising him personally and for how he handled the situation, and defending him against the rampant criticism.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to fully change your mind because of this, but I think mitigating pieces of evidence like this should at least temper the extremist stance against Briles that too many here have firmly entrenched themselves in. Extremist stances, such as saying to those who defend Briles, "You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed."- which not only is begging the question again, but also it does nothing for the debate/discussion except to antagonize and falsely defame.

I never said ALL of the allegations were true.

I never said Art was the sole person to blame.

Go back and craft a new masterpiece of response. I salute your effort but you are chasing another premise. Not mine.

You were incapable of understanding my own personal Baylor Football experiences. Only the names and faces change from year to year. How you mange and discipline those interchangeable parts is what makes the difference. I refuse to cite and detail actual events and most certainly won't divulge names. The point remains, the difference is that most teams understand and obey rules, laws and structure. These teams have many of the same characters and "problems" other teams have. However, a strong dose of discipline, understanding the mission statement, the history of the institution, the goals of the institution and just that fact that Baylor is the largest Baptist University in the world and truly expects more out of their students and student/athletes got lost somewhere.

I suggest that my stance is not extremest but that of a realist tempered with a dose of personal experience in environments of "characters" that just about every single college football team in America possess. It only took a little bit of extra effort for Art to protect his kingdom and his legacy. It seemed to me that he almost did not care about the collateral damage done to Baylor during his planned short stint in Waco.

I'm not antagonizing Art. He feathered his own nest. He knew how the game was played. He is not stupid. He knew that it was only a matter of time before some of authority at Baylor stepped in and put an end to his lackadaisical approach to disciplining his problem kids. The only thing that postponed this implosion a year or two was that Art brought wins to a program that was the 98 lb weakling for so many years. The Baylor bluebloods held their noses for as long as they could but everyone has a limit.

I did not say that you said Briles was the sole person to blame. And whether or not you said ALL the allegations are true is beside the point. These do not nullify your fallacy of begging the question. Implicit in your "what if it were your daughter" argument is the assumption that enough of the allegations are true, and that Briles is enough to blame. Of course, what constitutes as being "enough" is subjective and debatable, but therein lies the point- you haven't established either, but you assume its truth in your argument.

Like it or not, whenever you or anyone else uses the "what if it were your daughter" argument or other renditions of this argument, such as "we're ok with rape as long as Briles wins" as you did in your previous post, that is your premise and you are begging the question. It's a bad argument, so I'd stop using it.
I told you about my two attorney friends and what their daughters told them over their Freshman year Chistmas holidays.

What I have not told you is about another friend (Baylor grad) who said his daughter was constantly "stalked" by a particular player (player did not last 4 years) and it got very uncomfortable for her on a couple of occasions. She did absolutely nothing to warrant this "situation" and none of these "situations" took place at late night/early morning parties because she knew better than to put herself in that bad environment due to reputations of these gatherings.

What if it was your daughter? Would you have a little bit different attitude towards the girls that were obviously assaulted in a very un-Baylor like fashion or is this collateral damage OK with you?

For the record, let me first point out that your "collateral damage" remark is begging the question yet again. So far you have not proven or shown why this incident was the responsibility of anyone else except the player himself.

For the sake of the argument let's assume this story is true. In order for me to explain what I would do or feel if this were my daughter, I'd like to know a bit more. Can you expound upon the details a little further? Can you explain how he stalked her? What was it that made her very uncomfortable? Was she threatened? Did she or anyone report it? To whom?
REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Yes, faulty premise. Your "what if it were your daughter" argument is assuming that all the allegations being thrown out there are true, and that Art Briles is to blame, neither of which has been proven, except perhaps only in the court of public opinion where innuendo, allegations in lawsuit filings, out of context text messages, biased reporting, and the opinions of "professional victims" serve as "proof". So by assuming the truth of your disputed conclusion in your premise, in essence you're begging the question.

Here in this last post you seem to be offering your past experience and personal bias as proof of your premise, (which by the way is yet another fallacy). Though your experience gives you a lot more insight than others, and while it may be pertinent to your team back then, you really haven't offered anything that directly pertains to the team at hand, except for what two friends of yours said. While I don't have any reason to doubt them, at best this is just anecdotal evidence based on hearsay. In contrast, however, I offered an actual documented example of the volleyball player to challenge your premise that Briles is definitely to blame and is therefore deserving of all the animus being directed at him, as if he was the Grim Raper himself. But here we have an actual victim, from the actual case where "Briles knew of a rape but didn't report it", who doesn't seem to blame Briles, but rather, seems to be generally supportive of him, even praising him personally and for how he handled the situation, and defending him against the rampant criticism.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to fully change your mind because of this, but I think mitigating pieces of evidence like this should at least temper the extremist stance against Briles that too many here have firmly entrenched themselves in. Extremist stances, such as saying to those who defend Briles, "You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed."- which not only is begging the question again, but also it does nothing for the debate/discussion except to antagonize and falsely defame.

Go back and craft a new masterpiece of response. I salute your effort but you are chasing another premise. Not mine.

You were incapable of understanding my own personal Baylor Football experiences. Only the names and faces change from year to year. How you mange and discipline those interchangeable parts is what makes the difference. I refuse to cite and detail actual events and most certainly won't divulge names. The point remains, the difference is that most teams understand and obey rules, laws and structure. These teams have many of the same characters and "problems" other teams have. However, a strong dose of discipline, understanding the mission statement, the history of the institution, the goals of the institution and just that fact that Baylor is the largest Baptist University in the world and truly expects more out of their students and student/athletes got lost somewhere.

I suggest that my stance is not extremest but that of a realist tempered with a dose of personal experience in environments of "characters" that just about every single college football team in America possess. It only took a little bit of extra effort for Art to protect his kingdom and his legacy. It seemed to me that he almost did not care about the collateral damage done to Baylor during his planned short stint in Waco.

I'm not antagonizing Art. He feathered his own nest. He knew how the game was played. He is not stupid. He knew that it was only a matter of time before some of authority at Baylor stepped in and put an end to his lackadaisical approach to disciplining his problem kids. The only thing that postponed this implosion a year or two was that Art brought wins to a program that was the 98 lb weakling for so many years. The Baylor bluebloods held their noses for as long as they could but everyone has a limit.

I did not say that you said Briles was the sole person to blame. And whether or not you said ALL the allegations are true is beside the point. These do not nullify your fallacy of begging the question. Implicit in your "what if it were your daughter" argument is the assumption that enough of the allegations are true, and that Briles is enough to blame. Of course, what constitutes as being "enough" is subjective and debatable, but therein lies the point- you haven't established either, but you assume its truth in your argument.

Like it or not, whenever you or anyone else uses the "what if it were your daughter" argument or other renditions of this argument, such as "we're ok with rape as long as Briles wins" as you did in your previous post, that is your premise and you are begging the question. It's a bad argument, so I'd stop using it.
I told you about my two attorney friends and what their daughters told them over their Freshman year Chistmas holidays.

What I have not told you is about another friend (Baylor grad) who said his daughter was constantly "stalked" by a particular player (player did not last 4 years) and it got very uncomfortable for her on a couple of occasions. She did absolutely nothing to warrant this "situation" and none of these "situations" took place at late night/early morning parties because she knew better than to put herself in that bad environment due to reputations of these gatherings.

What if it was your daughter? Would you have a little bit different attitude towards the girls that were obviously assaulted in a very un-Baylor like fashion or is this collateral damage OK with you?

I asked my daughter in law (Baylor grad) about this. She told me that her nor her three roommates ever witnessed anything in spite of the fact that two of them worked for the film department for football.
I'm ahead 4-3. Want to keep going?
I'll ask you then....................if your daughter in law had been attacked, assaulted or raped would you still be dismissing or ignoring the collateral damage?

No way. I would have gone straight to the head football coach and then later collected a big check
That's how we roll
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Thee University said:

I'll ask you then....................if your daughter in law had been attacked, assaulted or raped would you still be dismissing or ignoring the collateral damage?
I just like that everything is so reductive and folksy in your eyes. It speaks a great deal to your upbringing. Just curious, how many people of color lived in your hill country metropolis when you were growing up?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
BTW, I think three people spoke at last night's meeting.

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.
xiledinok
There's 1200 people in Mt. Vernon. One guy was able to pony up and make this happen. Now, will Brenda and ESPN load up to cover the football messiah's return so the American public can watch Briles and make crude comments about him on ESPN's website.

Rex, why are you here? There's nothing more ridiculous (other than Willie being head coach at FSU) than a burned out former regimer's dad getting into a pissing match with a well established alumni about what happen outside the hollowed gates of the football stadium and practice complexes.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

I bet the owners of the CFP couldn't be happier. There's a few Jewish tv executives praising God and likely converting to Christianity upon the news Mt. Vernon isn't screwing with the idea you have to schedule appropriately.
Timbear
Hey X, I think Art still has a job at Mt Vernon after last night's meeting. Of course, things can always change, but this must be a bad day for you.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

I bet the owners of the CFP couldn't be happier. There's a few Jewish tv executives praising God and likely converting to Christianity upon the news Mt. Vernon isn't screwing with the idea you have to schedule appropriately.
You need to stay focused! We is gonna kick us some Lumberjack ass!!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
REX
xiledinok said:

There's 1200 people in Mt. Vernon. One guy was able to pony up and make this happen. Now, will Brenda and ESPN load up to cover the football messiah's return so the American public can watch Briles and make crude comments about him on ESPN's website.

Rex, why are you here? There's nothing more ridiculous (other than Willie being head coach at FSU) than a burned out former regimer's dad getting into a pissing match with a well established alumni about what happen outside the hollowed gates of the football stadium and practice complexes.

Not sleeping well are you?
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Hey X, I think Art still has a job at Mt Vernon after last night's meeting. Of course, things can always change, but this must be a bad day for you.

Unless the old guy dies, Art has a job in Mt. Vernon until Christ comes again. You all actually try to sell to other robe touchers that Art's career is dependent on what is posted online. Never been the case.

Those CFP owners couldn't be happier with no Briles. They slap him back on their front webpage when NCAA weights in on him.

ScottS
BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

3? X, Thee and Milli?
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Not sleeping well are you?

Why would I not be sleeping well? Is it flea and tick season in Kilgore? Do people not sleep well with out bug repellent during the flea and tick season?
xiledinok
ScottS said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

3? X, Thee and Milli?

Start us a GoFundme and we can beg for money to allow us to travel to a Mt. Vernon game. We ll need 20-30k.
MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.
This much is true outside of Caber fan fiction, no one cares about a 64-year-old 3A high school football coach with an infamous reputation, it's certainly not perceived as a comeback to be in a town of 2,700 making 60k a year to attend pep rallies and coach amateur small town student-athletes.

Banned BarleyMcDougal
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.
This much is true outside of Caber fan fiction, no one cares about a 64-year-old 3A high school football coach with an infamous reputation, it's certainly not perceived as a comeback to be in a town of 2,700 making 60k a year to attend pep rallies and coach amateur small town student-athletes.
I'd much rather witness the unproductive infighting that occurs here than have to read about what a travesty it is that Briles is coaching a 3A team in the mainstream media.

It makes sense that it's still an issue among US. That these people elsewhere can't let go is far more troubling.
redfish961
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

True, nobody cares until the one who has a 1,000 posts on the subject pontificates, lol.

What a joke and could be much more entertaining if you tried harder.

My score is a 3 out of 10, if that.

Cumbersome drivel and very little substance, although on occasion, I get surprised.
Thee University
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

For the record, let me first point out that your "collateral damage" remark is begging the question yet again. So far you have not proven or shown why this incident was the responsibility of anyone else except the player himself.

For the sake of the argument let's assume this story is true. In order for me to explain what I would do or feel if this were my daughter, I'd like to know a bit more. Can you expound upon the details a little further? Can you explain how he stalked her? What was it that made her very uncomfortable? Was she threatened? Did she or anyone report it? To whom?

Who recruited these bad apples? Who coached them every day and could see personalities blooming? Who relied on these "animals" to play for Baylor on Saturdays? Who staked their career advancement on specific players, some who have proven to be "bad dudes"? Would ANY of these players accused and those guilty have even been on the Baylor campus had Art or one of his coaches not gone out and signed them?????

PLAYERS AND THEIR ACTIONS ARE A DIRECT REFLECTION OF THE COACHING STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expected your pitiful answer. You still can't and won't answer the legitimate question. You don't need more info. Your daughter is raped or assaulted by one of Art's "bad dudes" (his words, not mine). What are you waiting for Father of the Year?

With fans and supporters like you it is no wonder Art is where he is today.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
ScottS said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

3? X, Thee and Milli?
What?

You think I care about the #1 millionaire high school coach in America who will be toiling away in Mount Vernon? It's 300+ miles away from me. He's right where he deserves to be right now. He'll eventually get back at some P5 school.

I'm still slowly forgiving him for what he did to Baylor Football.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

I just like that everything is so reductive and folksy in your eyes. It speaks a great deal to your upbringing. Just curious, how many people of color lived in your hill country metropolis when you were growing up?
Why does it matter? You have absolutely no idea about my upbringing. I'll tell you one thing...............I knew right from wrong and when I chose Baylor over UT I knew that I was going to be held to a higher standard and my conduct and representation of Baylor was very important.

Color? I'm of color myself!

Are you one of those weak, spineless race card players?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Thee University said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

Why does it matter? You have absolutely no idea about my upbringing. I'll tell you one thing...............I knew right from wrong and when I chose Baylor over UT I knew that I was going to be held to a higher standard and my conduct and representation of Baylor was very important.

I play the truth card. You're just too stuck in your own little universe to see or understand it. You're just an extension of your folksy, hill country "aw shucks", completely-devoid-of-nuance upbringing.

It's cool. You keep that head in the sand...or is it limestone?
Thee University
BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

I play the truth card. You're just too stuck in your own little universe to see or understand it. You're just an extension of your folksy, hill country "aw shucks", completely-devoid-of-nuance upbringing.

But how did color come into your pitiful attempt to salvage your bulletin board reputation?

My universe is based on personal experiences at the high school, college and professional football levels. I'd take my Hill Country reality upbringing over all other Texas upbringings.

My head is in the clouds. Free. Clear. Outside the Bubble. Come on up out of the cess pool my friend.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Thee University said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

But how did color come into your pitiful attempt to salvage your bulletin board reputation?

My universe is based on personal experiences at the high school, college and professional football levels. I'd take my Hill Country reality upbringing over all other Texas upbringings.

My head is in the clouds. Free. Clear. Outside the Bubble. Come on up out of the cess pool my friend.
I'm going to keep both of my feet firmly planted in the ground. It's just obvious that your perspective is out of whack with reality. You're definitely high. I'll give you that.
BUbearinARK
I have a great ooc game. Mt. Vernon against Guelfi Firenze. Sister cities!

Is BT going to boycott Italy?
MilliVanilli
redfish961 said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

True, nobody cares until the one who has a 1,000 posts on the subject pontificates, lol.

What a joke and could be much more entertaining if you tried harder.

My score is a 3 out of 10, if that.

Cumbersome drivel and very little substance, although on occasion, I get surprised.
I mock you Cabers for your daily waste of bandwidth and you think it's someone else's obsession because you're easily and rightfully lampooned buffoons.

The lack of self-awareness and attempts to project are hysterical, almost as funny as your attempts to convince yourselves that landing a 3A high school coaching job in a small town is proof that a triumphant P5 comeback awaits.

Meanwhile, your fanfiction is on a Baylor forum, since you won't stop posting it for years on end, no matter how farcical, the only recourse is to correct it with reality, and your reactions are always highly entertaining given how much you're offended by it.

You're the solution to your own problem, join reality or continue to be cheap entertainment from your divorce from it on a forum that has zero relevance to posting about Mount Vernon High School's football coach.

MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.
I'd much rather witness the unproductive infighting that occurs here than have to read about what a travesty it is that Briles is coaching a 3A team in the mainstream media.

It makes sense that it's still an issue among US. That these people elsewhere can't let go is far more troubling.
I don't know what you're reading, but you have to actively seek out news on Art Briles to hear anything about him at this point...or just wait for Cabers to post it here.

He is out of sight and mind to healthy-minded people in the general public.

He's yesterday's news and all parties should move on, Cabers and media gossips included.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

I don't know what you're reading, but you have to actively seek out news on Art Briles to hear anything about him at this point...or just wait for Cabers to post it here.

He's yesterday's news and all parties should move on, Cabers and media gossips included.
I wouldn't call the Dallas Morning News or Houston Chronicle a means of "seeking" his hiring at Mt. Vernon out. They're major media outlets.
BUbearinARK
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

#irony
MilliVanilli
BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

#irony
One of the many words you misuse....the least offensive of them, we'll give you that much.

MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

I wouldn't call the Dallas Morning News or Houston Chronicle a means of "seeking" his hiring at Mt. Vernon out. They're major media outlets.
Two dying papers that largely speak to a circle jerk echo-chamber. No one not looking for it cares.
BUbearinARK
MilliVanilli said:

BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

#irony
One of the many words you misuse....the least offensive of them, we'll give you that much.

#timhatesrhule

Better?
Timbear
Milli doesn't care about Art so much that he/she posts 10 times about him every night. OWNED
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Milli doesn't care about Art so much that he/she posts 10 times about him every night. OWNED
Haha, the fact you Cabers post endlessly about the poster that torments you speaks volumes about who is owned.
MilliVanilli
BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

#irony

#timhatesrhule

Better?
You Cabers sure can't get over it that's for sure, and hate the fact Baylor has moved on with a new girlfriend in a promising relationship.
BUbearinARK
BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

#irony

#timhatesrhule

Better?
#compelledtoanswermyself

Sad.
MilliVanilli
BUbearinARK said:

BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Raucous. Raucous crowd.

Nobody cares.

#irony

#timhatesrhule

Better?
#compelledtoanswermyself

Sad.
Nah, par for the course for your Caberdom, you speak to yourselves because the rest of us are busy with reality.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.