Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

73,950 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
Banned BarleyMcDougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

I will repeat. What if one of the victims was your daughter?

Good question...

To help answer this, let's consider the case of the daughter who was a volleyball player. Mind you, this was the ONLY case the BOR offered up as an example where Art Briles "knew of a rape but didn't report it".

Of her, the volleyball coach wrote in a letter, "Because there is so much wrong information out there and Coach Briles has been accused of a cover-up, my player has fully endorsed me to make a statement. In fact she said Art Briles was a good and faithful man. She appreciated his support and she was very thankful that he kept her name out of this as well"....

You mean this daughter?

That did not answer my question. Try again.
This is equivalent to someone yelling "think of the children!" It's a loaded question that attempts to replace logic with passion.

Just because something bad happens to someone close to you doesn't mean that you're going to be able to process that incident through a clear lens. In fact, it's almost impossible. That's why we rely on a judicial system to navigate those waters.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

Good question...

To help answer this, let's consider the case of the daughter who was a volleyball player. Mind you, this was the ONLY case the BOR offered up as an example where Art Briles "knew of a rape but didn't report it".

Of her, the volleyball coach wrote in a letter, "Because there is so much wrong information out there and Coach Briles has been accused of a cover-up, my player has fully endorsed me to make a statement. In fact she said Art Briles was a good and faithful man. She appreciated his support and she was very thankful that he kept her name out of this as well"....

You mean this daughter?

This is equivalent to someone yelling "think of the children!" It's a loaded question that attempts to replace logic with passion.

Just because something bad happens to someone close to you doesn't mean that you're going to be able to process that incident through a clear lens. In fact, it's almost impossible. That's why we rely on a judicial system to navigate those waters.

I think the last sentence is far from the truth. There's right and wrong. It doesn't have to be decided in the courthouse.

Oakman's not guilty moved no one. It was fun times for the defense and relief for him. It didn't make up for his bad behavior prior to backstabber (they should have married). Thus, I have a better chance playing DE in NFL. The bed was made before the verdict. His background made him a big liability to pros.

Art is a super liability pr wise. Plus, he is not remorseful and the public hasn't gotten it's chance to weigh in on him.
jackets320
***, X. Can't you read social media, twitter, etc? The public has not had a chance to weigh in on him? They have judged and found him guilty without one shred a proven evidence. SMH at your blatant butt hurt *****ing and moaning and vilification of a good man.

xiledinok
jackets320 said:

***, X. Can't you read social media, twitter, etc? The public has not had a chance to weigh in on him? They have judged and found him guilty without one shred a proven evidence. SMH at your blatant butt hurt *****ing and moaning and vilification of a good man.

I m expecting a public unloading when the NCAA releases it's report. The words 'sexual assault', 'lack of institutional control', and 'Art Briles' will be splattered for 24 hours until the public burns or tries to burn the robe touching world to the ground.
ImwithBU
Thee University said:

ImwithBU said:

ShooterTX said:

Thee University said:

toughbear said:

Thee, what is your opinion on Rhule?
This is the year for us to truly assess his value. We will know by October 19 in my opinion. I expect us to be 5-0 going into the OSU game in Stillwater on 10/19. Anything less than sitting at 6-0 on the morning of 10/20 will be a disappointment.

Overall I like him and his staff. Obviously he is not Art and his team projects a much different aura. Rhule's staff seems to coach and manage more like NFL than NCAA. Still not so sure this is a big deal or no deal at all. I like the fact that he spends more time and attention to defense and special teams than our previous staff.

The current Baylor rebuild is not an overnight fix and Rhule rightfully focused on OL and DL this recruiting season. I'm not currently sold on signing so many out of state players because some 18 year olds get homesick and Baylor/Waco is not like Temple or Penn State. It tells me that Rhule and his staff are committed to staying close to these kids and keeping their fingers on the pulse of the team.

Coaches, sports people and writers around the nation think the world of Matt. His assistant coaches have proven themselves worthy in college and pro football. This carries weight with recruits and should make alumni feel good about the mentoring process that extends beyond the field. This is not an in-bred staff.

The rebuild job Matt took takes time and overall he is slightly ahead of schedule given our bowl win over Vanderbilt in Year 2. I think given the predicament we found ourselves in that we got the right guy for the job and after a rough start we are on the right track.

We need to play injury free football until the depth catches up.

I would love to be 6-0 in mid October, but that is asking a lot. Briles never won in Stillwater, and no one else has in the history of BU. I think if CMR wins in Stillwater.... that should be enough to shut up his critics.

Im pretty sure, We won in Stillwater with Chris Johnson as the QB...

Anyways this is the problem with most Baylor Fans. Most fail to realize how many 1st time evers/1st in decades that Briles brought to Baylor. It's comical how people try to diminish his accomplishments. How many consecutive bowl games? Heisman, Biletnikoff, multiple NFL draft picks (who cares how long they stick, High schoolers just want to know you have a path to get them there), Back to Back Big 12 championships (or co-championship for the nay sayers) and the list goes on. We had a great thing and we ruined it. Every coach from now on is going to be compared to the Briles Era, forgetting that the Briles era was the 1st era of such for most things Baylor. Sucks for Rhule, but unless he starts doing some of the things Briles accomplished or surpassing them, this fan base will remain fragmented. Im not sure what Briles did here will ever be replicated (and no morons Im not taking about the "scandal")
What if one of the victims was your daughter? Would you be concerned if "we ruined it"?

So far Briles and Rhule are tied after 2 years on the job. I give the nod to Rhule with a bowl game and a win in that bowl.

What Briles did here was allow rampant discipline issues fester. He let cancer go untreated. He shot from the hip. He cared not one iota about Baylor University and her future.

Honnestly I dont have a daughter but it is well known that an estimated 1 in 4 women will be assaulted during their life. that doesnt make it right it's just reality.

Argue my points and dont try to sensitize the topic. my point was Briles set a new standard for Baylor. I'm rooting for Rhule because that means Baylor is doing well. I dont think you have to be camp Briles vs camp Rhule. again if he matches or surpasses Briles accomplishments he will unite the fanbase, if he doesnt people will always feel free to call him a failure. either way Briles will always be the standard just as Teaff was the standard until Briles accomplished more.
Timbear
Hey, I bet the whole town of Mt. Vernon, and especially the players, are getting fired up. It's going to be Friday Night Lights big time.
PartyBear
I think X will be driving to Mt Vernon every Friday to picket the games.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Hey, I bet the whole town of Mt. Vernon, and especially the players, are getting fired up. It's going to be Friday Night Lights big time.

How? Is Briles going to wake up to 40 For Sale signs in his yard after a 2 point loss to Atlanta and then return to work Monday morning to see 40 shoe polished cars in the band parking lot with words "Briles, kick the field goal!"
Please explain.
BUbearinARK
Timbear said:

This.

I'm going to try to coordinate a baylor and mt vernon game this season for a road trip, probably won't be able to get a mt vernon ticket.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

I think X will be driving to Mt Vernon every Friday to picket the games.

I don't think you need to worry about it. I m sure he ll be trolled on the road. You cannot control all the variables trolling Briles at home.
Cannot wait to hear all the local Waco residents rolling 3 hours to see Mt. Vernon. History indicates only a one time visit for those Waco residents.
Timbear
Keep trying, X. You're pretty funny.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Keep trying, X. You're pretty funny.

Isn't that Friday Night Lights?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

Good question...

You mean this daughter?

It wasn't meant to answer your question, but rather to challenge your faulty premise.
Thee University
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

Good question...

You mean this daughter?

It wasn't meant to answer your question, but rather to challenge your faulty premise.

Faulty premise?

I have two daughters. Neither wanted to go to Baylor much to my pocketbook's delight. One went to an "institution of football" that so many on here pine for and the other went to one the most liberal schools in the US way up north. I raised them to stay away from football players!

I have two lawyer friends who sent their daughters to Baylor during the 2012-2016 time frames. Both are HUGE sports fans and they both told me separately that their daughters came home to tell them that the Baylor football team is "out of control".

As a former Baylor player I saw a lot myself and heard a lot of wild stories that are not in the Southern Baptist Manual nor are they addressed in the Baylor Code of Ethics. ALL of the players understood that Abner McCall's Baylor did not give us carte blanche around Waco or on campus. We all knew there would be hell to pay if we did anything out of bounds or gave Baylor a black eye.

You guys have let your love affair with a football coach who placed TRUE discipline way down his priority list give you bad cases of the candy leg. You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed.

I'm saying that GT & his staff, spending 5+ hours a day with athletes in both casual encounters and professional coaching encounters know who the "bad dudes" were. They kept the "bad dudes" on a very short leash.

What was so different? GT understood how to keep his finger on the pulse of the team and moved quickly to cut the cancer out before it poisoned even more.

I think the bottom line was that GT loved Baylor and respected her Mission Statement 1000 times more so than the UT wanna be coach we let run wild.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
ImwithBU said:

Thee University said:

ImwithBU said:

ShooterTX said:

Thee University said:

toughbear said:

Thee, what is your opinion on Rhule?
This is the year for us to truly assess his value. We will know by October 19 in my opinion. I expect us to be 5-0 going into the OSU game in Stillwater on 10/19. Anything less than sitting at 6-0 on the morning of 10/20 will be a disappointment.

Overall I like him and his staff. Obviously he is not Art and his team projects a much different aura. Rhule's staff seems to coach and manage more like NFL than NCAA. Still not so sure this is a big deal or no deal at all. I like the fact that he spends more time and attention to defense and special teams than our previous staff.

The current Baylor rebuild is not an overnight fix and Rhule rightfully focused on OL and DL this recruiting season. I'm not currently sold on signing so many out of state players because some 18 year olds get homesick and Baylor/Waco is not like Temple or Penn State. It tells me that Rhule and his staff are committed to staying close to these kids and keeping their fingers on the pulse of the team.

Coaches, sports people and writers around the nation think the world of Matt. His assistant coaches have proven themselves worthy in college and pro football. This carries weight with recruits and should make alumni feel good about the mentoring process that extends beyond the field. This is not an in-bred staff.

The rebuild job Matt took takes time and overall he is slightly ahead of schedule given our bowl win over Vanderbilt in Year 2. I think given the predicament we found ourselves in that we got the right guy for the job and after a rough start we are on the right track.

We need to play injury free football until the depth catches up.

I would love to be 6-0 in mid October, but that is asking a lot. Briles never won in Stillwater, and no one else has in the history of BU. I think if CMR wins in Stillwater.... that should be enough to shut up his critics.

Im pretty sure, We won in Stillwater with Chris Johnson as the QB...

Anyways this is the problem with most Baylor Fans. Most fail to realize how many 1st time evers/1st in decades that Briles brought to Baylor. It's comical how people try to diminish his accomplishments. How many consecutive bowl games? Heisman, Biletnikoff, multiple NFL draft picks (who cares how long they stick, High schoolers just want to know you have a path to get them there), Back to Back Big 12 championships (or co-championship for the nay sayers) and the list goes on. We had a great thing and we ruined it. Every coach from now on is going to be compared to the Briles Era, forgetting that the Briles era was the 1st era of such for most things Baylor. Sucks for Rhule, but unless he starts doing some of the things Briles accomplished or surpassing them, this fan base will remain fragmented. Im not sure what Briles did here will ever be replicated (and no morons Im not taking about the "scandal")
What if one of the victims was your daughter? Would you be concerned if "we ruined it"?

So far Briles and Rhule are tied after 2 years on the job. I give the nod to Rhule with a bowl game and a win in that bowl.

What Briles did here was allow rampant discipline issues fester. He let cancer go untreated. He shot from the hip. He cared not one iota about Baylor University and her future.

Honnestly I dont have a daughter but it is well known that an estimated 1 in 4 women will be assaulted during their life. that doesnt make it right it's just reality.

Argue my points and dont try to sensitize the topic. my point was Briles set a new standard for Baylor. I'm rooting for Rhule because that means Baylor is doing well. I dont think you have to be camp Briles vs camp Rhule. again if he matches or surpasses Briles accomplishments he will unite the fanbase, if he doesnt people will always feel free to call him a failure. either way Briles will always be the standard just as Teaff was the standard until Briles accomplished more.
Where did you get your 1 in 4 assault number? I'm seeing 1-7 or 1-6 per RAINN.

Don't try to sensitize the topic? Are you kidding me? Are you contending this is not a sensitive subject?

Until the final NCAA report comes out we need to place an * next to Briles' years. The standard? Accomplishments?

Let's not put up that statue in Bellmead just yet.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Art got his $ because the BOR knew they were full of crap.
Yeah, innocent men are easily bought to be quiet and agreeing others stay quiet about them...
Why does your innocent BOR need to buy off anyone if they have nothing to hide? Glad you are admitting they needed to buy his silence.
Lulz, you really live with your head in the sand about what all he did, and you're a willful idiot to maintain that narrative after 4 years.

He had damning sins, and it was stuff neither he nor the university wanted raked through the media.
Timbear
If Art had damning sins, as Milli alledges, then why was he not fired for cause ?
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

If Art had damning sins, as Milli alledges, then why was he not fired for cause ?
Lulz, he was fired and has been unemployable at any meaningful position, you really are a special kind of stupid.
ScottS
X will be at all the Mt Vernon games, no doubt.
ScottS
MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Lulz, he was fired and has been unemployable at any meaningful position, you really are a special kind of stupid.
Why did he get $16M then? You don't pay when there is CAUSE. When Leach was tossed from TT they paid him NOTHING.
ScottS
X, Milli, and Thee will be at all the Mt Vernon games for sure.
xiledinok
MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Art got his $ because the BOR knew they were full of crap.
Yeah, innocent men are easily bought to be quiet and agreeing others stay quiet about them...
Why does your innocent BOR need to buy off anyone if they have nothing to hide? Glad you are admitting they needed to buy his silence.
Lulz, you really live with your head in the sand about what all he did, and you're a willful idiot to maintain that narrative after 4 years.

He had damning sins, and it was stuff neither he nor the university wanted raked through the media.
The last sentence explains what happen. Once Art and his followers figure it out, they'll realize why he is no longer a candidate anywhere important or where football results have been great.
xiledinok
ScottS said:

X will be at all the Mt Vernon games, no doubt.
No, that's for those fat girl Baylor graduates and Waco residents to haul their hubbies and half dozen kids to East Texas for a Friday Night. If history is any indication, they'll show up once, get worn down from the trip, not enjoy it, get stuck wiping asses at a truck stop at 2 am on the return trip, and never show up again.
xiledinok
ScottS said:

Did you get ahold of some "Thug Passion" and drink a gallon of it?

I am sure I will not be at all the Mt. Vernon games though a Mt. Vernon road game would be great internet viewing.
ScottS
X, you 3 will be over in a corner with picket signs. Nobody will pay any attention to you. Though Brenda Tracy might interview u on Twitter.
xiledinok
ScottS said:

X, you 3 will be over in a corner with picket signs. Nobody will pay any attention to you. Though Brenda Tracy might interview u on Twitter.
The only people standing on the corner will be the robe touching women selling sex and CAB shirts. It's a wigger world there and that's no place for me.
boognish_bear
BT finally made her way to the NFL....RG3 is 3 people to her left

boognish_bear
Putting his staff together

MilliVanilli
ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Why did he get $16M then? You don't pay when there is CAUSE. When Leach was tossed from TT they paid him NOTHING.
You really are a turd blossom, first you parrot these made up Caber numbers as facts, repetition of your fantasy doesn't make it so, second you don't realize that people get paid off to go away all the time, and if his reputation was so sterling he wouldn't have accepted a settlement.

MilliVanilli
ScottS said:

What's more hysterical is why you are on a Baylor forum promoting a 3A high school coach as someone else's obsession.
Malbec
MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

You really are a turd blossom, first you parrot these made up Caber numbers as facts, repetition of your fantasy doesn't make it so, second you don't realize that people get paid off to go away all the time, and if his reputation was so sterling he wouldn't have accepted a settlement.

Yes, his numbers are fantasy. According to Page 8 of BU's 990 Form from FY2016, they paid Briles $17,838,742.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/741159753/201820889349300107/IRS990
xiledinok
boognish_bear said:

BT finally made her way to the NFL....RG3 is 3 people to her left

Who pays attention to who more often? Briles' robe touchers or Brenda?
ScottS
Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Yes, his numbers are fantasy. According to Page 8 of BU's 990 Form from FY2016, they paid Briles $17,838,742.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/741159753/201820889349300107/IRS990

Millivanili owned
ShooterTX
ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Millivanili owned
That's really not a great accomplishment. Still worth celebrating, but not a high bar to clear.
MilliVanilli
Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

You guys bandied around 30 million then 15 million, then in between.

Now you see he got a buy out of 10 year deal that still had 8 years left on it and act like some smoking gun for your myth exists here despite the fact it's a buyout that required him to wave his rights, which no innocent man quickly and expediently does, and for a fraction of the money he would've made in 8 years.

It's just remarkable to see you move the goal posts daily for whatever narrative you need to justify writing never ending fan fiction about the 60k a year 3A high school football coach on big boy football forum.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.