Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

75,185 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Yes, faulty premise. Your "what if it were your daughter" argument is assuming that all the allegations being thrown out there are true, and that Art Briles is to blame, neither of which has been proven, except perhaps only in the court of public opinion where innuendo, allegations in lawsuit filings, out of context text messages, biased reporting, and the opinions of "professional victims" serve as "proof". So by assuming the truth of your disputed conclusion in your premise, in essence you're begging the question.

Here in this last post you seem to be offering your past experience and personal bias as proof of your premise, (which by the way is yet another fallacy). Though your experience gives you a lot more insight than others, and while it may be pertinent to your team back then, you really haven't offered anything that directly pertains to the team at hand, except for what two friends of yours said. While I don't have any reason to doubt them, at best this is just anecdotal evidence based on hearsay. In contrast, however, I offered an actual documented example of the volleyball player to challenge your premise that Briles is definitely to blame and is therefore deserving of all the animus being directed at him, as if he was the Grim Raper himself. But here we have an actual victim, from the actual case where "Briles knew of a rape but didn't report it", who doesn't seem to blame Briles, but rather, seems to be generally supportive of him, even praising him personally and for how he handled the situation, and defending him against the rampant criticism.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to fully change your mind because of this, but I think mitigating pieces of evidence like this should at least temper the extremist stance against Briles that too many here have firmly entrenched themselves in. Extremist stances, such as saying to those who defend Briles, "You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed."- which not only is begging the question again, but also it does nothing for the debate/discussion except to antagonize and falsely defame.

I never said ALL of the allegations were true.

I never said Art was the sole person to blame.

Go back and craft a new masterpiece of response. I salute your effort but you are chasing another premise. Not mine.

You were incapable of understanding my own personal Baylor Football experiences. Only the names and faces change from year to year. How you mange and discipline those interchangeable parts is what makes the difference. I refuse to cite and detail actual events and most certainly won't divulge names. The point remains, the difference is that most teams understand and obey rules, laws and structure. These teams have many of the same characters and "problems" other teams have. However, a strong dose of discipline, understanding the mission statement, the history of the institution, the goals of the institution and just that fact that Baylor is the largest Baptist University in the world and truly expects more out of their students and student/athletes got lost somewhere.

I suggest that my stance is not extremest but that of a realist tempered with a dose of personal experience in environments of "characters" that just about every single college football team in America possess. It only took a little bit of extra effort for Art to protect his kingdom and his legacy. It seemed to me that he almost did not care about the collateral damage done to Baylor during his planned short stint in Waco.

I'm not antagonizing Art. He feathered his own nest. He knew how the game was played. He is not stupid. He knew that it was only a matter of time before some of authority at Baylor stepped in and put an end to his lackadaisical approach to disciplining his problem kids. The only thing that postponed this implosion a year or two was that Art brought wins to a program that was the 98 lb weakling for so many years. The Baylor bluebloods held their noses for as long as they could but everyone has a limit.

I did not say that you said Briles was the sole person to blame. And whether or not you said ALL the allegations are true is beside the point. These do not nullify your fallacy of begging the question. Implicit in your "what if it were your daughter" argument is the assumption that enough of the allegations are true, and that Briles is enough to blame. Of course, what constitutes as being "enough" is subjective and debatable, but therein lies the point- you haven't established either, but you assume its truth in your argument.

Like it or not, whenever you or anyone else uses the "what if it were your daughter" argument or other renditions of this argument, such as "we're ok with rape as long as Briles wins" as you did in your previous post, that is your premise and you are begging the question. It's a bad argument, so I'd stop using it.
I told you about my two attorney friends and what their daughters told them over their Freshman year Chistmas holidays.

What I have not told you is about another friend (Baylor grad) who said his daughter was constantly "stalked" by a particular player (player did not last 4 years) and it got very uncomfortable for her on a couple of occasions. She did absolutely nothing to warrant this "situation" and none of these "situations" took place at late night/early morning parties because she knew better than to put herself in that bad environment due to reputations of these gatherings.

What if it was your daughter? Would you have a little bit different attitude towards the girls that were obviously assaulted in a very un-Baylor like fashion or is this collateral damage OK with you?

For the record, let me first point out that your "collateral damage" remark is begging the question yet again. So far you have not proven or shown why this incident was the responsibility of anyone else except the player himself.

For the sake of the argument let's assume this story is true. In order for me to explain what I would do or feel if this were my daughter, I'd like to know a bit more. Can you expound upon the details a little further? Can you explain how he stalked her? What was it that made her very uncomfortable? Was she threatened? Did she or anyone report it? To whom?

Who recruited these bad apples? Who coached them every day and could see personalities blooming? Who relied on these "animals" to play for Baylor on Saturdays? Who staked their career advancement on specific players, some who have proven to be "bad dudes"? Would ANY of these players accused and those guilty have even been on the Baylor campus had Art or one of his coaches not gone out and signed them?????

PLAYERS AND THEIR ACTIONS ARE A DIRECT REFLECTION OF THE COACHING STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expected your pitiful answer. You still can't and won't answer the legitimate question. You don't need more info. Your daughter is raped or assaulted by one of Art's "bad dudes" (his words, not mine). What are you waiting for Father of the Year?

With fans and supporters like you it is no wonder Art is where he is today.

How do I know he was a "bad apple" they recruited? Shouldn't you tell me more about his recruitment? Was he a problem recruit? Did he have a problem history in high school? Did the coaches know about it?

Shouldn't you tell me more about this "stalking" incident to verify he is an "animal" that Briles used to "advance his career?" That he is indeed one of Briles' "bad dudes"?? Can we at least establish first, that your stalking charge has actual merit, before we start judging? Was it reported to the coaches? Did they try to do anything about it?

Or, should we simply take at face value that a coach determines every action of every player and therefore we should just blame the coach for this player's ALLEGED stalking, without even bothering to examine the case?!

I don't disagree with you that coaches can play a significant part in how their players behave, but so do his parents, peers, pop culture, and the media. And I'm not even saying that Art Briles is innocent. If the facts and sound logic show you to be right in all this, then so be it! But....

CAN WE HAVE ACTUAL EVIDENCE AND FACTS BEFORE WE DESTROY SOMEONE'S CAREER AND REPUTATION!!!!!

And yet, you refuse this! THAT's what's pitiful, sir, not my answer.

Yes, I CAN and WILL answer whatever you want me to answer, and YES, I do need more info. It's called being FAIR. Your refusal to engage me with the facts behind this allegation tells us everything, and it makes your stance lose all credibility. I certainly see why you are so highly criticized in this forum.

Guilty because Thee says so? Welcome everyone, Thee's Kangaroo Court is now in session!!

Art destroyed his own career! Aren't you family?

I'm not looking for any answers from you. I have my sources and I am certainly not giving you any names of women who experienced first hand the "bad dudes" Art turned loose on the Baylor campus.

Blaming pop culture? Media?

I have a number of friends that will forever be ashamed of Art's infamous 2015 "Mall Fight" which showcased the thuggery present on the Baylor team against one of the worst UT teams in modern history. I saw evidence of problems years before 2015.

3A may be too good for him.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Timbear
Dang Thee, you're sick, dude. As Art's career continues to rehab , you just get angrier.
ScottS
Aliceinbubbleland said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/mt-vernon-tigers-(mt-vernon,tx)/football/schedule.htm
From that link...

Mascot Tigers Team Varsity 2019 Colors Purple, White Coach N/A Address 501 Hwy 37 South, Mt. Vernon, TX 75457Overall 0-0 District 0-0
ScottS
There is no doubt X, Thee, and Milli are either OU or UT tshirt fans.
Thee University
Timbear said:

Dang Thee, you're sick, dude. As Art's career continues to rehab , you just get angrier.
My anger continues to subside. I am simply here to help those CABers who can't quite get out of a 3 year rut.

We all have to live with these gems:

"The football program failed to identify and maintain controls over known risks, and unreasonably accepted known risks."

"The choices made by football staff and athletics leadership, in some instances, posed a risk to campus safety and the integrity of the University."

"The football program was a black hole into which reports of misconduct such as drug use, physical assault, domestic violence, brandishing of guns, indecent exposure and academic fraud disappeared," the court filing said.

"Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

"Hopefully he's under radar enough they won't recognize name did he get ticket from Baylor police or Waco? Just trying to keep him away from our judicial affairs folks...."

Briles: "what a fool she reporting to authorities."

Asst. Coach: "She's acting traumatized Trying to talk her calm now Doesn't seem to want to report though."

Briles: "U gonna talk to [the player]."
Asst. Coach: "Yes sir, just did. Caught him on the way to class Squeezed him pretty good."

"What kind of discipline She a stripper?"

"Sh*t how about that he's gonna b (sic) in the system now let me know what you think we should do I can get shill (Shillinglaw) to call Sibley or we can.... Do we know who complained?" The assistant coach responded that the complainant was the superintendent at the player's apartment complex. Coach Briles replied: "We need to know who supervisor is and get him to alert us first."

"what a fool -- she reporting to authorities."

"Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?"

"keep it quiet."

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

Millivanilli and xiledinok: what are your Baylor connections?

Thee: no need to respond....we've heard them ad nauseam.
Some guy named Wallace Daniel signed my diploma.

What's it like to be a traitor for your wallet?

Well good for you. I knew Wallace Daniel when he was a history professor. I went to his wedding.

I'm no traitor. Just a loyal friend. You probably don't understand.

He was an excellent Dean.

Loyal to Art while spitting on the degrees.
I d hate to see what would have happened to Art at a blue blood. Our nail salon Briles fanboys wouldn't get to see their hero coach at a place where their school board meeting was recorded on a 1980s camcorder.
xiledinok
ScottS said:

Why don't you start us a GoFundMe? Allow us to live in excess and travel around following Art. Pay our bills while trolling Art.
Thee University
ScottS said:

No doubt? I would rather be an A&M fan over OU or UT.
xiledinok
Thee University said:

Timbear said:

My anger continues to subside. I am simply here to help those CABers who can't quite get out of a 3 year rut.

We all have to live with these gems:

"The football program failed to identify and maintain controls over known risks, and unreasonably accepted known risks."

"The choices made by football staff and athletics leadership, in some instances, posed a risk to campus safety and the integrity of the University."

"The football program was a black hole into which reports of misconduct such as drug use, physical assault, domestic violence, brandishing of guns, indecent exposure and academic fraud disappeared," the court filing said.

"Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

"Hopefully he's under radar enough they won't recognize name did he get ticket from Baylor police or Waco? Just trying to keep him away from our judicial affairs folks...."

Briles: "what a fool she reporting to authorities."

Asst. Coach: "She's acting traumatized Trying to talk her calm now Doesn't seem to want to report though."

Briles: "U gonna talk to [the player]."
Asst. Coach: "Yes sir, just did. Caught him on the way to class Squeezed him pretty good."

"What kind of discipline She a stripper?"

"Sh*t how about that he's gonna b (sic) in the system now let me know what you think we should do I can get shill (Shillinglaw) to call Sibley or we can.... Do we know who complained?" The assistant coach responded that the complainant was the superintendent at the player's apartment complex. Coach Briles replied: "We need to know who supervisor is and get him to alert us first."

"what a fool -- she reporting to authorities."

"Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?"

"keep it quiet."

Most sick and doped up ones relapse.

What happens to Art and his new community if he relapses? Let's hope it is just the local CVS running out of syringes.
MilliVanilli
ScottS said:

That's cute coming from an actual #CAB t-shirt wearer.
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

ScottS said:

No doubt? I would rather be an A&M fan over OU or UT.
They live in the reality of if you repeat a lie enough maybe it will come true, in their own heads it certainly has.
REX
The terrific trio sure is triggered this morning
Carry on boys!!
BUbearinARK
You can't argue with stupid only mock it
I’m an optimist!

And /S in case I missed it

TE
Matthew Klopfenstein 1 catch/5 yds
Timbear
Hey, BUbearinArk, don't call the 3 haters stupid.
BUbearinARK
Reverend
xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

Well good for you. I knew Wallace Daniel when he was a history professor. I went to his wedding.

I d hate to see what would have happened to Art at a blue blood. Our nail salon Briles fanboys wouldn't get to see their hero coach at a place where their school board meeting was recorded on a 1980s camcorder.

I've never spit on my degree. You are a fool.

However, you constantly spit on a good man. The more you spit, and I'm sure there is no end in sight because you are nuts, the smaller you make yourself.
I hope you went insane AFTER you left Baylor. Dr. Daniel would be embarrassed.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Briles and his staff made some really moronic decisions. The main one was not using burner phones. That's definitely a clown move. I don't think any of the info released to the public is anything different than you'd get at other schools, however.
Thee University
REX said:

Carry on boys!!
Triggered?

We have you bent over a log and you are begging for more!
57Bear
BarleyMcDougal said:

Briles and his staff made some really moronic decisions. The main one was not using burner phones. ...
Perhaps the main one was when they went into interviews with the prosecutors from PH without their lawyers and their recorders.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Hey, BUbearinArk, don't call the 3 haters stupid.
Better to be "stupid" in the land of rape apologetics than, well, a rape apologist.
MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

Briles and his staff made some really moronic decisions. The main one was not using burner phones. That's definitely a clown move. I don't think any of the info released to the public is anything different than you'd get at other schools, however.
Herein lies the most condemning thing about Caberdom, it's not penitence for wrong doing, it's regret for not doing more to not get caught.
MilliVanilli
REX said:

Carry on boys!!
You don't seem to realize it is you lot who are the cheap entertainment.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Herein lies the most condemning thing about Caberdom, it's not penitence for wrong doing, it's regret for not doing more to not get caught.
Eh. I'm not saying discipline matters shouldn't have been more above board or handled better. I just understand that major football programs are all guilty of this kind of stuff. I know how business gets done at that level. No program competes at a high level without compromising its supposed morals/mission. That doesn't make it right, but I accept it as a truth. Every team that's ever won or competed for a national title has a coach that's actively working to hide the sins of athletes.

I remember when Cedric Benson was on the front page of a paper being escorted out of jail by....MACK BROWN. Dude got 1 day of jail for breaking and entering. Later I came to understand from a UT friend close to many players that was a drop in the bucket. That depravity made Baylor's current woes look like a walk in the park. UT won the championship two years later.

I don't have to be apologetic for pointing out the truth. It's great if Baylor wants to try and win without cutting corners. The sky is the Alamo Bowl. For real. A program will never be nationally prominent if that's the path. It pisses me off pretty good, honestly. College sports are a scam.
MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Eh. I'm not saying discipline matters shouldn't have been more above board or handled better. I just understand that major football programs are all guilty of this kind of stuff. I know how business gets done at that level. No program competes at a high level without compromising its supposed morals/mission. That doesn't make it right, but I accept it as a truth. Every team that's ever won or competed for a national title has a coach that's actively working to hide the sins of athletes.

I remember when Cedric Benson was on the front page of a paper being escorted out of jail by....MACK BROWN. Dude got 1 day of jail for breaking and entering. Later I came to understand from a UT friend close to many players that was a drop in the bucket. That depravity made Baylor's current woes look like a walk in the park. UT won the championship two years later.

I don't have to be apologetic for pointing out the truth. It's great if Baylor wants to try and win without cutting corners. The sky is the Alamo Bowl. For real. A program will never be nationally prominent if that's the path. It pisses me off pretty good, honestly. College sports are a scam.
that's a lot of text just to confirm you lament that they didn't use burner phones to do shady things as opposed to not do shady things.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

that's a lot of text just to confirm you lament that they didn't use burner phones to do shady things as opposed to not do shady things.
Every college program does shady things. I don't expect us to be clean either.
MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

And therein lies the difference between a Caber and someone who has moved on, the ends don't justify the means.

Banned BarleyMcDougal
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

And therein lies the difference between a Caber and someone who has moved on, the ends don't justify the means.
That sentiment doesn't have to do with Briles. If we had a talking bear for a coach I'd have the same feelings. It depends on the "means" i.e. the application of situational ethics. I mean if Rhule or anybody else in the world can win big without cheating, I think that's great. I just don't don't think it's possible.
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

I've never spit on my degree. You are a fool.

However, you constantly spit on a good man. The more you spit, and I'm sure there is no end in sight because you are nuts, the smaller you make yourself.
I hope you went insane AFTER you left Baylor. Dr. Daniel would be embarrassed.
I bet Dr. Daniel would be more upset at your boy and Ian. Academic integrity is a big deal in the academic world.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Cederic was already more important than a breaking and entering in Midland. I thought he would have moved back to where he lived before Midland. He did not. It wasn't Mack. You are posting about the Midland incident?
EatMoreSalmon
This thread is certifiably:
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

You are 100 percent correct, Milli. We don't need not stinkin's wins. It is all about the ice cream!!!!

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

You are 100 percent correct, Milli. We don't need not stinkin's wins. It is all about the ice cream!!!!

Is that Dale Steele on the right?
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

By "we" you must mean Caberdom because you don't care about Baylor football by your own admission.

So, you are correct, Cabers have no wins to speak of, but I'm glad you console yourselves with icecream.
xiledinok
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

By "we" you must mean Caberdom because you don't care about Baylor football by your own admission.

So, you are correct, Cabers have no wins to speak of, but I'm glad you console yourselves with icecream.

There's plenty of losses to speak of, and it is all about winning at all cost for them.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

There's plenty of losses to speak of, and it is all about winning at all cost for them.
8-17. It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. And the uniforms. And the Rocky Road.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.