Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

75,008 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ShooterTX said:

ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

If Art had damning sins, as Milli alledges, then why was he not fired for cause ?
Lulz, he was fired and has been unemployable at any meaningful position, you really are a special kind of stupid.
Why did he get $16M then? You don't pay when there is CAUSE. When Leach was tossed from TT they paid him NOTHING.
You really are a turd blossom, first you parrot these made up Caber numbers as facts, repetition of your fantasy doesn't make it so, second you don't realize that people get paid off to go away all the time, and if his reputation was so sterling he wouldn't have accepted a settlement.

Yes, his numbers are fantasy. According to Page 8 of BU's 990 Form from FY2016, they paid Briles $17,838,742.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/741159753/201820889349300107/IRS990

Millivanili owned
That's really not a great accomplishment. Still worth celebrating, but not a high bar to clear.
I see it's time for the daily Caber circle jerk/ group therapy over the screen name that hurts your feelings by insisting upon reality.

MilliVanilli
ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

If Art had damning sins, as Milli alledges, then why was he not fired for cause ?
Lulz, he was fired and has been unemployable at any meaningful position, you really are a special kind of stupid.
Why did he get $16M then? You don't pay when there is CAUSE. When Leach was tossed from TT they paid him NOTHING.
You really are a turd blossom, first you parrot these made up Caber numbers as facts, repetition of your fantasy doesn't make it so, second you don't realize that people get paid off to go away all the time, and if his reputation was so sterling he wouldn't have accepted a settlement.

Yes, his numbers are fantasy. According to Page 8 of BU's 990 Form from FY2016, they paid Briles $17,838,742.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/741159753/201820889349300107/IRS990

Millivanili owned
You Cabers most certainly are, I've branded your asses.

ShooterTX
MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Millivanili owned

You really are the center of your own universe, aren't you?

Let me guess... divorced twice? That's assuming you could get anyone drunk enough to marry you in the first place.
MilliVanilli
ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Millivanili owned

Let me guess... divorced twice? That's assuming you could get anyone drunk enough to marry you in the first place.
Whatever fantasies you need to write to feel justified about a 4 year campaign to exonerate an irrelevant pariah/ small town high school coach on a Baylor football forum.

Fact is your voice is apparently so impotent that you're left hurt and lashing out at a screen name that has never allowed you to indulge the fantasy here uncontested,
ShooterTX
MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Millivanili owned

Whatever fantasies you need to write to feel justified about a 4 year campaign to exonerate an irrelevant pariah/ small town high school coach on a Baylor football forum.

Fact is your voice is apparently so impotent that you're left hurt and lashing out at a screen name that has never allowed you to indulge the fantasy here uncontested,
Yeah... never married, and has to fight for visitation rights with his illegitimate kids. Is the baby-momma still a crack-*****? oh sorry... baby-mommas.... my bad.
MilliVanilli
ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Millivanili owned

Yeah... never married, and has to fight for visitation rights with his illegitimate kids. Is the baby-momma still a crack-*****? oh sorry... baby-mommas.... my bad.

Ah Caberdom, keep proving you're not unhinged children with internet connections that are dominated by a screen name.
ShooterTX
MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Millivanili owned

Ah Caberdom, keep proving you're not unhinged children with internet connections that are dominated by a screen name.
uh oh... worse than i thought.... you married one of the crack-ho baby mommas... and then she left you! Wow, that explains a lot.
Maybe you should just go downstairs and ask your mom what it means to be a real man. Don't be surprised if she tells you that you can start by getting your own apartment.
MilliVanilli
ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

ScottS said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Millivanili owned

uh oh... worse than i thought.... you married one of the crack-ho baby mommas... and then she left you! Wow, that explains a lot.
Maybe you should just go downstairs and ask your mom what it means to be a real man. Don't be surprised if she tells you that you can start by getting your own apartment.
Positively OWNED by a screen name, it's glorious...one of the many things you Cabers seem oblivious about.
Thee University
MilliVanilli said:

I think this is a practice circle huddle so the CABer Support Team will be ready for that home opener versus Canton. I see some 365 posters in there that I recognize. I can't quite make out the redhead who disappears for some reason. Can someone help me out?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Banned BarleyMcDougal
I'm not sure what we're still arguing about. Have we not reached a consensus? Briles got fired because he did (or didn't do) enough to get himself in that position; not good enough with discipline, not enough oversight, recruited questionable high school athletes or college transfers.

Baylor grossly mishandled PR and let a false narrative run wild. They also mismanaged sexual assaults for decades and hired an incompetent person to be in charge of an incompetent police force. Now, I contend that firing Briles was a mistake and hiring Pepper Hamilton an even greater mistake. Good luck convincing me things could be worse if Briles had been suspended and Baylor performed an internal investigation followed by a mea culpa.

Baylor - the entire institution - got unlucky in that they were caught in the whirlwind of feminazi, ultra-liberal BS. Also, we are not long-removed from a basketball scandal and realignment. People panicked and made truly poor decisions in a time of crisis. It sucks that it happened. Luckily, I don't think we'll get punished by the NCAA after all is said and done.
ShooterTX
BarleyMcDougal said:

I'm not sure what we're still arguing about. Have we not reached a consensus? Briles got fired because he did (or didn't do) enough to get himself in that position; not good enough with discipline, not enough oversight, recruited questionable high school athletes or college transfers.

Baylor grossly mishandled PR and let a false narrative run wild. They also mismanaged sexual assaults for decades and hired an incompetent person to be in charge of an incompetent police force. Now, I contend that firing Briles was a mistake and hiring Pepper Hamilton an even greater mistake. Good luck convincing me things could be worse if Briles had been suspended and Baylor performed an internal investigation followed by a mea culpa.

Baylor - the entire institution - got unlucky in that they were caught in the whirlwind of feminazi, ultra-liberal BS. Also, we are not long-removed from a basketball scandal and realignment. People panicked and made truly poor decisions in a time of crisis. It sucks that it happened. Luckily, I don't think we'll get punished by the NCAA after all is said and done.
I think you are pretty darn close to reality here. If only that were enough.

If you do not proclaim Art Briles to be responsible for all of the sexual assaults and the mastermind behind any potential cover-up; then you will be listed as a CABer by an unemployed social reject who may or may not have been married to a crack-ho.
MilliVanilli
ShooterTX said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

If you do not proclaim Art Briles to be responsible for all of the sexual assaults and the mastermind behind any potential cover-up; then you will be listed as a CABer by an unemployed social reject who may or may not have been married to a crack-ho.
That's a Caber straw man, fact is he deserved firing, was fired and his sins were bad enough to warrant damage control from the press with an NDA.

He didn't act alone, McCaw was a creep too, as were several of his subordinates, and Starr was inept, and the BOR foolishly trusted them to be trustworthy.

But the Caber narrative likes to pretend he was scapegoated and is going to rise from the ashes an untarnished messiah of grid iron.

Meanwhile you're owned by a screen name that forces reality upon you.
BUBBFAN
The fact that this useless dialog is still going back and forth so long after the fact makes me want to vomit.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

That's a Caber straw man, fact is he deserved firing, was fired and his sins were bad enough to warrant damage control from the press with an NDA.

He didn't act alone, McCaw was a creep too, as were several of his subordinates, and Starr was inept, and the BOR foolishly trusted them to be trustworthy.

But the Caber narrative likes to pretend he was scapegoated and is going to rise from the ashes an untarnished messiah of grid iron.

The BOR knew about Tevin Elliott in 2012. There's almost no way for whoever was on the board at that time to escape some level of criticism, despite not having a "boots on the ground" presence. There was ample opportunity for administrators on every level to take some corrective measures.

Everybody gets to share the pie in the long run.
57Bear
BarleyMcDougal said:

... Now, I contend that firing Briles was a mistake and hiring Pepper Hamilton an even greater mistake. Good luck convincing me things could be worse if Briles had been suspended and Baylor performed an internal investigation followed by a mea culpa.

Perhaps Pepper Hamilton produced exactly what the bor committee guiding the effort wanted. From depositions, it sounds as if the major bor desire was dumping Starr. Briles may have just been collateral damage.
MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The BOR knew about Tevin Elliott in 2012. There's almost no way for whoever was on the board at that time to escape some level of criticism, despite not having a "boots on the ground" presence. There was ample opportunity for administrators on every level to take some corrective measures.

He should've been fired over Elliott, but no one pried in to the details, gave him the long leash they assumed he deserved and foolishly trusted that mcCaw had a a backbone and wasn't complicit.
MilliVanilli
57Bear said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

... Now, I contend that firing Briles was a mistake and hiring Pepper Hamilton an even greater mistake. Good luck convincing me things could be worse if Briles had been suspended and Baylor performed an internal investigation followed by a mea culpa.

Perhaps Pepper Hamilton produced exactly what the bor committee guiding the effort wanted. From depositions, it sounds as if the major bor desire was dumping Starr. Briles may have just been collateral damage.
Starr recommended PH, you don't take the recommendation of the guy you're trying to can in order to try and dig up dirt in which to can him.

Briles was no collateral damage, Starr and McCaw and all of them had a hand in the same inexcusable mess.
xiledinok
The Canadian was an incompetent Sunday school teacher who was athletic director at Baylor. He should have been confined to Division 3.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

He should've been fired over Elliott, but no one pried in to the details, gave him the long leash they assumed he deserved and foolishly trusted that mcCaw had a a backbone and wasn't complicit.
I think if a student athlete was going on trial for rape, I'd be diligent enough as a BOR member to look into the matter. The point is that we can all sit here and spin up our own narrative because multiple parties hold responsibility.
bunation
Evidence matters. (Still waiting....)
History matters.
Testimony from those closest in all areas of a person's life matters.

Check.
Check.
Check.

The sun always rises.
Haters will always hate.
Thee University
xiledinok said:

The Canadian was an incompetent Sunday school teacher who was athletic director at Baylor. He should have been confined to Division 3.
Post of the year.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

I think if a student athlete was going on trial for rape, I'd be diligent enough as a BOR member to look into the matter. The point is that we can all sit here and spin up our own narrative because multiple parties hold responsibility.

Multiple parties are responsible, Cabers just like to pretend Art is not and that he was scapegoated.

He wasn't, and thus is out of big boy football forever.
xiledinok
bunation said:

Evidence matters. (Still waiting....)
History matters.
Testimony from those closest in all areas of a person's life matters.

Check.
Check.
Check.

The sun always rises.
Haters will always hate.
You are a stupid embarrassment to Baylor. Your dad being a regent sells it.
Hey media, Bunation is Art Briles. Focus on those derps. They are the people private school derps mama told you about.
Timbear
Forever? We've got the next 15 years to see. You hope he's out forever. So far he's with his 2nd team on the road back.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Forever? We've got the next 15 years to see. You hope he's out forever. So far he's with his 2nd team on the road back.
I have no doubt that you are going to be a Caber for 15 more years, inventing new fan fiction with each grain of sand that passes through the hourglass, but idiocy is a lifestyle choice in your instance, your alternate reality doesn't become real no matter how hard you wish.

VN 68
Who's winning this debate? The CABers or the BORers? Anyone keeping score?
Timbear
It's the screen name posting. No, it's Owned.
boognish_bear
VN 68 said:

Who's winning this debate? The CABers or the BORers? Anyone keeping score?

I don't know who is winning....but I know who is losing....the rest of us.
BaylorRocks
Thee University said:

Timbear said:

Thee doesn't know how to actually give a constructive analysis of our current team or coaches. You'd think he could because of his experience, but he'd rather be lazy, and just rip past coaches.
I don't respond to idiots who don't deserve nor want to hear anything constructive.

Like I said.....here's Thee again......

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Multiple parties are responsible, Cabers just like to pretend Art is not and that he was scapegoated.

He wasn't, and thus is out of big boy football forever.
Art had some responsibility in this mess. And he was scapegoated. And Baylor made him and his lawyers millionaires. What tangled webs we weave!!! Your employers continue to give all of us alumni the finger. Screw them and screw you too. Just glad I got to experience Big Boy Football at Baylor in my lifetime. Life is good. Sic 'Em Bears. Put the wood to those pesky Lumberjacks!!!!! I will not be there. I will be catching oversized redfish.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Art had some responsibility in this mess. And he was scapegoated. And Baylor made him and his lawyers millionaires. What tangled webs we weave!!! Your employers continue to give all of us alumni the finger. Screw them and screw you too. Just glad I got to experience Big Boy Football at Baylor in my lifetime. Life is good. Sic 'Em Bears. Put the wood to those pesky Lumberjacks!!!!! I will not be there. I will be catching oversized redfish.
I can die now.

You finally admitted that Art was at least partially responsible. Then you immediately say he was scapegoated.

Art was a millionaire long before he scapegoated himself!

Big Boy Football means you are not playing Seguin Matador level competition while running up the stats. Big Boy Football means you win your Big Boy bowl games when you are favored to win.

You need to leave those redfish alone and revert back to alligator gar out of the crystal clear Brazos!

You need to broker a deal to bring Mt. Vernon down to play Seguin. Think of the orgasmic fans filling up Matador Stadium!!!!!

Wait a minute.............12-5A teeing up 7-3A competition? I think the 2000 student Mats would fall to the 469 student Tigers.
CHP Bear
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

You finally admitted that Art was at least partially responsible. Then you immediately say he was scapegoated.

Big Boy Football means you are not playing Seguin Matador level competition while running up the stats. Big Boy Football means you win your Big Boy bowl games when you are favored to win.

You need to leave those redfish alone and revert back to alligator gar out of the crystal clear Brazos!

You need to broker a deal to bring Mt. Vernon down to play Seguin. Think of the orgasmic fans filling up Matador Stadium!!!!!

Wait a minute.............12-5A teeing up 7-3A competition? I think the 2000 student Mats would fall to the 469 student Tigers.
Thank goodness we had 3 Seguin Matadors on our schedule last year and this year. After our first 3 this year we will be half way to bowl eligible. Nice position to be in. Given a finishing record of 3 & 6 puts in a bowl.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

C'mon Mannnn!!! You are being hard on the mighty Matadors. Like Baylor, Seguin High School has much bigger problems than just football.

I never once said that Art Briles was totally innocent in all of this. Sure he made mistakes, as did Ian McCaw. They certainly were less than perfect. But he is just a football coach. Apparently Baylor failed to tell him in his job description that he was also required to be a parent, a chaperone, a shrink, a sheriff's deputy, an administrator, a bureaucrat, a fortune teller, and to get on his knees and kiss the brass rings of a small handful of Regents.

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

Thank goodness we had 3 Seguin Matadors on our schedule last year and this year. After our first 3 this year we will be half way to bowl eligible. Nice position to be in. Given a finishing record of 3 & 6 puts in a bowl.

Just like Derp Art and his Derp buddies wanted it. A Baptist best down on some lowly team to get those stats up and make Baby Briles look competent.

I m hoping Art puts Clayton, Oklahoma on the schedule. One school will be shooting up in restrooms while the other town shoots up in the parking lot.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I can die now.

Just like Derp Art and his Derp buddies wanted it. A Baptist best down on some lowly team to get those stats up and make Baby Briles look competent.

I m hoping Art puts Clayton, Oklahoma on the schedule. One school will be shooting up in restrooms while the other town shoots up in the parking lot.
I sure enjoyed those two ass-whippings we gave to that Bible beating Liberty and little ole UTSA. Rhule sure knows how to put those cupcakes in their place. LOL!

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.