* * MMA - Boxing

51,585 Views | 466 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Assassin
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Assassin said:

UFC 216: FERGUSON VS. LEE

OCTOBER 7, 2017 T-MOBILE ARENA, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES UFC FIGHT PASS EARLY PRELIMS 6:30PM/3:30PM ETPT, FX PRELIMS 8PM/5PM ETPT, PPV MAIN CARD 10PM/7PM ETPT

MAIN CARD
UNDERCARD

I don't like Ferguson or Lee
Johnson big
If Werdum can get him down...
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

UFC 216: FERGUSON VS. LEE

OCTOBER 7, 2017 T-MOBILE ARENA, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES UFC FIGHT PASS EARLY PRELIMS 6:30PM/3:30PM ETPT, FX PRELIMS 8PM/5PM ETPT, PPV MAIN CARD 10PM/7PM ETPT

MAIN CARD
UNDERCARD

I don't like Ferguson or Lee
Johnson big
If Werdum can get him down...

Its a pretty decent lineup.

Will go Furgie, DJ, Werdum. A couple undercard events are interesting Lietes-Tavares and Green-Vannata. See if they do as well as I think they could.
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Fabricio Werdum v. Derrick Lewis is off due to an injury to one of the fighters.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin said:

Fabricio Werdum v. Derrick Lewis is off due to an injury to one of the fighters.
Walt Harris stepping in for Lewis. Bad back. Harris is a slugger. Could be a good one if he can keep it upright
Assassin
Assassin said:

Its a pretty decent lineup.

Will go Furgie, DJ, Werdum. A couple undercard events are interesting Lietes-Tavares and Green-Vannata. See if they do as well as I think they could.
ooooo... Green/Vannatta was as good as Vanatta/Furgeson.

Vanatta kinda got screwed with that 1pt deduct in rd 1. 29-27, 29-27, 28-28 draw... not sure how anyone could have given Green two rounds but thats why you dont let it go to the judges
Assassin
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Walt Harris stepping in for Lewis. Bad back. Harris is a slugger. Could be a good one if he can keep it upright
But he doesnt... Harris takes the fight on five hours notice. Werdum taps him out in a minute
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

But he doesnt... Harris takes the fight on five hours notice. Werdum taps him out in a minute
Werdum is so dangerous on the ground.
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Werdum is so dangerous on the ground.
No kidding. And Harris had no clue what to do. Not good in todays MMA.

He looked like the new guy in his first BJJ class...
Assassin
Holy crap that DJ move looked like it started as a suplex but ended up in an arm bar, dang!

DJ - just set a new UFC MMA record.11 consecutive title defenses, surpassed Spider Silva
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

Holy crap that DJ move looked like it started as a suplex but ended up in an arm bar, dang!

DJ - just set a new UFC MMA record.11 consecutive title defenses, surpassed Spider Silva
He's a stud.

Ferguson and Lee, still don't like either one of them.
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

He's a stud.

Ferguson and Lee, still don't like either one of them.
I really hate McGregor and Khabib being in that class. McG is a crappy champion. Never wants to fight unless there's a massive payday. Hopefully they pull his title. I'm McGd out... and Kahbib is always hurt:

LIGHTWEIGHT Rankings
Champion: Conor McGregor
1 Khabib Nurmagomedov
2 Tony Ferguson
3 Eddie Alvarez
4 Edson Barboza
5 Nate Diaz +1
6 Justin Gaethje *NR
7 Kevin Lee
8 Dustin Poirier
9 Michael Johnson -4
10 Michael Chiesa -1
11 Al Iaquinta -1
12 Beneil Dariush -1
13 Anthony Pettis *NR
14 Evan Dunham -2
15 Gilbert Melendez -2

Eddie Alvarez and Justin Gaethje will be fighting once TUF is over. They're coaching the gals for the new 125 class. Alvarez just beat dos Anjos, Pettis and Melendez before losing to McG and NC to Poirer. Gaethe just knocked out MJ. Should be one heck of a fight. Winner will probably get a shot at the title.

Keep an eye on Gaethje. The fight against Alvarez will tell us if he's UFC real

Nate Diaz turned into a cartoon show. Too bad. Hes got some skills.
Assassin
UFC 217: BISPING VS. ST-PIERRE
NOVEMBER 4, 2017 MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK, NEW YORK

MAIN CARD
UNDERCARD
Assassin
Didnt know Stephen was going to be on this card. This is one heck of a lineup
Assassin
Assassin
Report: Michael Bisping sued for allegedly choking man in gym (Updated)

Michael Bisping is being sued for an alleged choking incident involving a civilian at a 24-Hour Fitness gym in California.
by Milan Ordoez@Mr_Ordonez Oct 24, 2017, 11:45pm EDT

With a little more than a week ahead of his second title defense at UFC 217 against Georges St-Pierre, Michael Bisping is suddenly in hot water. According to a report by TMZ, the UFC middleweight champion is facing a lawsuit stemming from an alleged choking incident that happened in July.

The suit was filed by a certain Antonio Georgakopoulos, who claimed he was choked by Bisping when they ran into each other at a 24-Hour Fitness gym in Anaheim.

According to the suit, Bisping went crazy on Antonio Georgakopoulos for "taking his weights" without asking during a workout.

Antonio claims Bisping called him all sorts of names including a "little punk" and an "idiot" -- and then dropped the "you don't know who I am?" line.

After the verbal tirade, Antonio claims Bisping grabbed him by the throat and began to squeeze -- cutting off oxygen. Antonio claims he was about to lose consciousness when another weight lifter intervened and broke it up.

At that point, Bisping allegedly screamed out, "Let's take this outside."

TMZ's report adds that the Anaheim Police Department responded to the incident, and Bisping was arrested.

Update - TMZ has amended their report, stating that Bisping was not actually arrested and complied with the investigation. That did not result in any criminal charges, but the alleged victim is still pursuing a civil case.

As for Georgakopoulos, he is filing a lawsuit for assault, battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress, among others.

Bisping has not responded to any calls for comments about the matter.
Assassin
Assassin said:

UFC 217: BISPING VS. ST-PIERRE
NOVEMBER 4, 2017 MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK, NEW YORK

MAIN CARD
UNDERCARD

I'm going, GSP, TJ, Joanna and Wonderboy on the main card.

Keep an eye on the undercard on Mickey Gall 4-0, up and comer. Took out Sage Northcutt last fight
Assassin
I'm pumped!

Met GSP once when he was training for a fight. He had brought in Wonderboy to help him with striking. They both were in Dallas working with Carlos Machado (Wonderboy's brother in law) on BJJ defense transition to striking.

Both on the same card tonight!
Assassin
OsP just destroyed Corey Anderson with that headkick. Damn!
Assassin
Wooooo Wonderboy!

Outpoints Jorge Masvidal (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
Assassin
Holy crap!

Did not expect Namanunez to take out JEDRZEJCZYK. And Johanna tapped due to strikes!
Assassin
And my upset prediction was TJ over Cody. That one panned out
Assassin
And GSP takes out Bisping! Excellent night all around
Assassin
Assassin
TJ calling out DJ for his bantamweight title!

Yea baby!

Dana says GSP will fight Whitaker for the 185.

GSP hinting he may drop down to 155 to take on McG - biggest payday in the history of MMA?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

Holy crap!

Did not expect Namanunez to take out JEDRZEJCZYK. And Johanna tapped due to strikes!
Rose is a badass.
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

Holy crap!

Rose is a badass.
I had no idea she could hit that hard
hustlenflow
Holy cow that was a fun PPV. Who GSP fights next is fascinating. Dana says Whitaker, but he's wrong about half the time. GSP says he's going down to 170. Some have made a very strong case for Conor M. I think we'd all like to see GSP put Connor in his place, and the PPV would be incredible. Reality is Conor lost at 170 (some say twice) to a very good, but not great fighter who was really fighting out of his weight class too. But that would not slow the PPV orders.

Who do you guys want to see GSP fight next? Maybe I'm boring, but I'd like to see him beat Woodley and recapture his welterweight belt. And if Conor ever fights in the UFC again, he should have to defend his damn belt.

Loved Rose and her calm demeanor and viscous competitiveness. Great to see Wonderboy back to being Wonderboy. I think he will be the champ after Woodley is dislodged.

Excited about possible DJ v. Dillashaw? I'd like to see it.

Assassin
hustlenflow said:

Holy cow that was a fun PPV. Who GSP fights next is fascinating. Dana says Whitaker, but he's wrong about half the time. GSP says he's going down to 170. Some have made a very strong case for Conor M. I think we'd all like to see GSP put Connor in his place, and the PPV would be incredible. Reality is Conor lost at 170 (some say twice) to a very good, but not great fighter who was really fighting out of his weight class too. But that would not slow the PPV orders.

Who do you guys want to see GSP fight next? Maybe I'm boring, but I'd like to see him beat Woodley and recapture his welterweight belt. And if Conor ever fights in the UFC again, he should have to defend his damn belt.

Loved Rose and her calm demeanor and viscous competitiveness. Great to see Wonderboy back to being Wonderboy. I think he will be the champ after Woodley is dislodged.

Excited about possible DJ v. Dillashaw? I'd like to see it.
Apparently the deal is done for GSP v Whitaker in Aussie before the fight. Dana said he would only sign GSP to a 2 fight deal based on him winning.

I would like to see GSP whup up on Woodley so Wonderboy would get another title shot. Not sure he ever would against Woodley. Stephens already 34 - not sure how long he wants to keep this up with no hope for a championship

DJ v DJ would be one heck of a draw
Assassin
Assassin
ouch...

Assassin
wow, Holloway absolutely destroyed Jose Aldo. Damn!

some good fights tonight.

The kid from Cameroon Francis Ngannou had one of the more brutal hooks taking out former world kickboxing champ Alister Overeem.
IslandBear
Assassin said:

The kid from Cameroon Francis Ngannou had one of the more brutal hooks taking out former world kickboxing champ Alister Overeem.
Never heard of this kid before, but I have now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746156-from-homeless-to-ufcs-next-big-thing-francis-ngannous-amazing-journey
Assassin
IslandBear said:

Assassin said:

Never heard of this kid before, but I have now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746156-from-homeless-to-ufcs-next-big-thing-francis-ngannous-amazing-journey
When he hit Overeem, Alister went straight on his back, with his feet together like the old 'planking' trend. It takes one hell of a hit to make the body tense up like that
Assassin
what an ass. Let Ward revel in his victory. You've got plenty of screentime McG

Assassin
http://larrybrownsports.com/mma/dana-white-not-sure-conor-mcgregor-fight-again/412466

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.