Global decline in fertility rates…

18,305 Views | 277 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Redbrickbear
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He Hate Me said:

whiterock said:

Mathusianism never dies.

"the care deeply about mankind, but no man in particular."

can't remember who said it, but boy does it fit the democrats. They've gone completely collective with their caring.
Osodecentx
Thanks
Redbrickbear
ATL Bear
The highest TFR regions in Africa follow the polygamy belt, which is characterized by greater acceptance of child brides and non traditional domestic unions (think extended families where brothers share multiple women). These are the remnants of African family structure prior to colonialism (European and Asian/Islamic) and why it remains prevalent in what is the more underdeveloped regions of Africa even today. This type of TFR is not really an economic asset, but instead a systemic poverty producer.

As someone who's spent a good amount of time in Africa, and not in the best areas, the combination of failed states, corruption, tribalism, and disadvantaged family structures presents a huge roadblock to Africa being able to move forward. There are some pockets of success, but most are semi successfully carrying forward colonial economic and social remnants or Western opportunism.

China has a very specific road map in Africa, using debt traps and a complete lack of regard of who they will negotiate with to gain access to natural resources. And while they promise jobs to the locals, the reality is a semi invasion of Chinese and facilitated foreign workers, while the locals get the basest low level work.

I have a great affinity for Africa, but it has a very long way to go for prosperity, and its population isn't an advantage as it is in other countries such as India.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Canada2017
Golem said:

contrario said:

Why must the population sustain itself? Why would it be a bad thing for there to be less people?

There won't be less people. There will be less intelligent people.

A trend that has been clearly underway for decades .

Nothing can stop the process at this point .
Canada2017
Redbrickbear said:

Strongly suspect without UK's Muslim/ immigrant population influx the data would be even more dramatic.
Fre3dombear
Canada2017 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Strongly suspect this increase is due to UK's Muslim/ immigrant population influx over the last 20 years.

What's the logic there?
Canada2017
Fre3dombear said:

Canada2017 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Strongly suspect this increase is due to UK's Muslim/ immigrant population influx over the last 20 years.

What's the logic there?

Muslims who have entered the UK and become citizens have a far higher birth rate than the traditional English natives

Such Muslin birth rates ( in my opinion) have influenced the data .

Without the the Muslim impact even fewer 'citizens ' of the UK would be shown to be having children .
Fre3dombear
Ah gotcha. Yes uK is destroying themselves from within. Just like the democrats doing to USA

Those people getting paid to eat and screw all day and birth 8+ kids per woman. 40 years later they'll be squeezed out of their own country lol

But by then they won't be able to come to USA and it will dawn on them they suicided their own society for their overlords

Quite astonishing to watch but people even here on this tiny little board support this behavior so there's that
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/16/business/china-birth-rate.html

China's Population Falls, Heralding a Demographic Crisis
Deaths outnumbered births last year for the first time in six decades. Experts see major implications for China, its economy and the world.
Redbrickbear
The people who rule over us are either idiots or malevolent psychopaths….

Redbrickbear
whiterock
smattering of articles like this. Peter Zeihan insists it's true.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/china/china-has-been-overstating-its-population-numbers-since-1990-says-us-academic/articleshow/58835756.cms
Redbrickbear

Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

smattering of articles like this. Peter Zeihan insists it's true.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/china/china-has-been-overstating-its-population-numbers-since-1990-says-us-academic/articleshow/58835756.cms

I enjoyed Zeilhan's book. The End of the World is just beginning
Redbrickbear
ATL Bear
Sounds like AI advances are coming at the right time. Smaller workforce, exponential increases in productivity. TFR decline is incredibly difficult to reverse.
Redbrickbear
ATL Bear said:

Sounds like AI advances are coming at the right time. Smaller workforce, exponential increases in productivity. TFR decline is incredibly difficult to reverse.

Serious question....has anyone ever reversed TFR decline?

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

Great question. Seems logical that there would be a floor below which a population could not fall. At some point the old, non reproductive population dies off leaving a remnant who reproduce.

ATL Bear
Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

Other than replenishing massive human loss from war or disease, think Middle Ages, I don't think it's ever occurred.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Redbrickbear said:

I would love to step up and do my part in populating the earth. I have two grown kids. My wife had her tubes tied after the birth of our second. As much as I want to plant my seed and save humanity, she is NOT on board! She says if I continue to pursue this good cause, she is going to take half of my *****
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Golem
ATL Bear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

Other than replenishing massive human loss from war or disease, think Middle Ages, I don't think it's ever occurred.

When the savages take over the great structures of the west and end up sheltering inside them, next to fires in old steel drums (after our civilization is willingly subsumed), we will eventually be looked at as Atlanteans. They will wonder how all the 'old' technology was possible and will refer to it as magic. But they will be equal in the poverty and tribal warfare in which they subsist.
whiterock
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I would love to step up and do my part in populating the earth. I have two grown kids. My wife had her tubes tied after the birth of our second. As much as I want to plant my seed and save humanity, she is NOT on board! She says if I continue to pursue this good cause, she is going to take half of my *****
you shoulda done your part and had 2.1 children. slacker.

perhaps you should propose exercises, tutorials, to show the younger generations how it's done, so as not to repeat your mistakes earlier in life..

Those who can't do, teach, right?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

This IVF plan could augment their genetic engineering technology, including designer babies with characteristics advantageous to the state.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.