Global decline in fertility rates…

18,452 Views | 280 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by whiterock
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whiterock said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I have alreasy done my part. Too many low T males swishing around. I the situation calls for i can step up to the plate. Good think i have a rigid practice schedule.

Morning after exchange in the Paramount+ show "Tulsa King" between Dwight Manfredi (Sylvester Stallone) and the hot cougar mom type he brought home from a bar;

(chick asks)
"How old are you?"
"I was a junior in High School when Kennedy was assassinated."
"…So that makes you….?"
"…75…"
"Oh dear God! I thought you were a hard 55."
"We'll, hard is the operative word, isn't it?

I enjoy that show.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear

whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

interesting account. Not sure there is a major body of thought that declining religiousity is a major factor in declining birthrates.

hell, climate change alarmism and Queer Theory are religions (and not very good ones). The latter surgically preempts fertility, and the latter explicitly advocates reducing birth rate.
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

interesting account. Not sure there is a major body of thought that declining religiousity is a major factor in declining birthrates.

hell, climate change alarmism and Queer Theory are religions (and not very good ones). The latter surgically preempts fertility, and the latter explicitly advocates reducing birth rate.

Yea,

I think the big question is that if secular post-Christian counties in the West are having collapsing fertility…but so are religious Islamic countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Then who can prevent fertility collapse?
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yea,

I think the big question is that if secular post-Christian counties in the West are back having collapsing fertility…but so are religious Islamic countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Then who can prevent fertility collapse?
cycles. Fertility will rebound somewhere, sometime. Always has.

Today, we tour Ankor Wat, Chichen Itza, the Pyramids, etc.... Somewhere out in the future, people will be touring the ruins of NY, Paris, Beijing, etc.... Today, we marvel at the red haired peoples buried in kurgans in Central Asia. Where did that red hair come from? Western Europe? Densovians? 2 thousand years from now, people will marvel at all the mummified bodies buried in meal boxes encased in concrete throughout North America and Europe. What will they call our culture? Celtic 2.0?

Something changes. Maybe the weather. Maybe a new tool, or a new resource, and life gets easier. The population expands. Room becomes an issue. So you invade adjacent lands. Consolidate. Invade some more. You realize this is a good business model. Eventually, you are not in a hut on the slopes of the Altai. You've cut smoldering swathes thru most of the known world, dominate a very big piece of it and intimidate much of the rest of it. You settle into the lush river basin and start acculturing into an easier life in a land of plenty. A thousand years later, you find yourself engaging in a few centuries of immense struggle against maurading Ottomans, emerging as the center of an aging, fading empire controlling much of Eastern Europe. Then, an ambitious neighbor gets out over the skis on foreign policy and.....boom....just a few decades later, you are a small nation in a small country fighting to retain Magyar identity and language. Things rise and fall. A few amid legend, like the Huns. Most without notice. Those Ottomans started out somewhere not too far from the Altai, too. As I type this, Erdogan dreams of returning his peoples to lost glory. Cycles.

So many microcosm examples around us. We think we are at the end of history. But we are just little pieces sliding around in response to forces we cannot control. History tells us our doom is only a question of when. Civilization waxes and wanes. But mankind goes on forever.

Today, we call it wokeness. But every successful civilization has at some point devolved in to narcissistic nonsense that stifles productivity, wastes wealth on things that do not matter, ultimately making that civilization vulnerable to the very forces which it once embodied. America isn't over. Haven't even crested quite yet. Have a few centuries to go. We are blessed in ways no others have been. We may go on longer than any before us.
Redbrickbear
ATL Bear
The average output of an individual within a population has to be considered in this discussion. It isn't a coincidence that the poorest areas have overpopulation issues. We can talk net replacement all day, but productivity has exponentially risen while birth rates have significantly declined. That's the technology effect, and does play into this. So the question really is where is the equilibrium of population sustainability in ratio to necessary output/capability/capacity. Outside of drastic reduction measures (China's one child) or extremely low natural replacement rates, it will/should work itself out.

BTW, this also is relevant to immigration population impact (legal not illegal), which plays into these numbers also.
Redbrickbear
ATL Bear said:

The average output of an individual within a population has to be considered in this discussion. It isn't a coincidence that the poorest areas have overpopulation issues. We can talk net replacement all day, but productivity has exponentially risen while birth rates have significantly declined. That's the technology effect, and does play into this. So the question really is where is the equilibrium of population sustainability in ratio to necessary output/capability/capacity. Outside of drastic reduction measures (China's one child) or extremely low natural replacement rates, it will/should work itself out.

BTW, this also is relevant to immigration population impact (legal not illegal), which plays into these numbers also.
But is that always true?

South Korea is smaller than Indiana...but much larger in pop. with a population of 54 million.

Japan is smaller than California...but much larger in pop. with a population of 124 million.

The Netherlands is smaller than Liberia...but much larger in pop. with a population of 17.7 million.

S.K, Japan, and the Netherlands are all overpopulated one might say...but still rich.

Though I agree over all that certainly some of the poorest nations have the highest birthrates.
ATL Bear
Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

But is that always true?

South Korea is smaller than Indiana...but much larger in pop. with a population of 54 million.

Japan is smaller than California...but much larger in pop. with a population of 124 million.

The Netherlands is smaller than Liberia...but much larger in pop. with a population of 17.7 million.

S.K, Japan, and the Netherlands are all overpopulated one might say...but still rich.

Though I agree over all that certainly some of the poorest nations have the highest birthrates.
I think you have to evaluate output per individual. There's likely no comparison between Netherlands and Liberia. Some of the first world comparisons would be interesting, but something as basic as a GDP per capita comparative would likely give you a baseline.
Redbrickbear
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

Good news, though, the end of the nuclear family and all the Trans & Queer initiatives will definitely have a positive impact on population growth.

(wink)
Wrecks Quan Dough
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

Good news, though, the end of the nuclear family and all the Trans & Queer initiatives will definitely have a positive impact on population growth.

(wink)
Abortion kills children.

Abortion kills families.

Abortion kills nations.
whiterock
He Hate Me said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

(wink)
Abortion kills children.

Abortion kills families.

Abortion kills nations.
oh well. we can fix last year's and this year's birth rate problem by just walking across 5-6m illegal immigrants, who we will define as refugees and lift not a finger to deport.

It's easy to overthink these problems, you know. There's always an extra-legal solution to everything.

Wrecks Quan Dough
whiterock said:

He Hate Me said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

(wink)
Abortion kills children.

Abortion kills families.

Abortion kills nations.
There's always an extra-legal solution to everything.

In a post-Constitutional country, yes, you are correct. Get me the appropriate bureaucrats and functionaries on the phone and get me a pen.
whiterock
He Hate Me said:

whiterock said:

He Hate Me said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

(wink)
Abortion kills children.

Abortion kills families.

Abortion kills nations.
There's always an extra-legal solution to everything.

In a post-Constitutional country, yes, you are correct. Get me the appropriate bureaucrats and functionaries on the phone and get me a pen.
boognish_bear
Rep Slaton is on it. Go for the gold and have 10 kids.

Redbrickbear
boognish_bear said:

We need a national version of this quickly.

Many Western and East Asian nations are already doing something similar.
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Which taxes are reduced or eliminated?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Have four kids in Hungary and you don't pay an income tax.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/11/have-four-or-more-babies-in-hungary-and-youll-pay-no-income-tax-for-life.html
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/11/have-four-or-more-babies-in-hungary-and-youll-pay-no-income-tax-for-life.html

A state law can't waive a federal court ncome tax
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

but most states have an income tax, and all states have some kind of tax code - sales, property, etc....

it'll help.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

but most states have an income tax, and all states have some kind of tax code - sales, property, etc....

it'll help.

Isn't Slaton a Republican From Texas?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Did I say that Hungary is Texas or the USA?

For some reason you asked me what taxes would be reduced...I of course did not write this bill and have not read it.

I gave you an example of what some other countries have done in regards to tax breaks for families with several children.

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

For some reason you asked me what taxes would be reduced...I of course did not write this bill and have not read it.

I gave you an example of what some other countries have done in regards to tax breaks for families with several children.

Did I say you said Hungary is Texas? Didn't realize you were not prepared to discuss a bill you neither wrote nor read.

FYI - it's ad valorem taxes
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Did I say you said Hungary is Texas? Didn't realize you were not prepared to discuss a bill you neither wrote nor read.

FYI - it's ad valorem taxes
I did not bring up the Texas bill at all...so of course I have not read it.

Boognish bear posted that.

And more than a local Texas state bill I would contend that the U.S. Congress needs to pass a bill that offers financial incentives to people to have more children.

Its needed.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

it'll help.

yes, and he's proposing property tax abatement to encourage reproduction.

Where's the rub?
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

it'll help.

Where's the rub?

None from me
How much will it cost he state? Pe manent r sunset? Eligibility requirements?
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

it'll help.

Where's the rub?

None from me

Easily answerable and accountable via democratic process.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

it'll help.

Where's the rub?

None from me

You haven't told where you stand on the Slaton bill?
boognish_bear
I'm this clip Trump talks about the federal gov giving out "baby bonuses"

whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

it'll help.

Where's the rub?

None from me

I haven't read the bill. Your post is the first I've heard of it. Without doing a lot of research, my starting point would be that I don't think we need it in Texas. We are getting overrun with immigrants, domestic and foreign. TEXAS population growth is not a problem, at least the lack of it isn't. It's also a rather indirect and less effective way to achieve the objective. A very large percentage of the child bearing age population does not yet own property, so the tax break would not be claimable. A high percentage of those who do own property tend to be raising children already born (so incentive mitigated). And the highest value property will tend to be owned by a very high percentage of people beyond child bearing age.

That said, I am firmly opposed to the property tax on residential property, for a long list of reasons political and philosophical. Whatever chokes it down assists the aim of killing it entirely. So while I would not spend any political capital to assist the Slaton bill, I would do nothing to harm it, either. I would see it is an ally to help destabilize the positions of property tax defenders (mostly public sector employee unions and local government PACs).
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

it'll help.

Where's the rub?

None from me

I haven't read the bill. Your post is the first I've heard of it. Without doing a lot of research, my starting point would be that I don't think we need it in Texas. We are getting overrun with immigrants, domestic and foreign. TEXAS population growth is not a problem, at least the lack of it isn't. It's also a rather indirect and less effective way to achieve the objective. A very large percentage of the child bearing age population does not yet own property, so the tax break would not be claimable. A high percentage of those who do own property tend to be raising children already born (so incentive mitigated). And the highest value property will tend to be owned by a very high percentage of people beyond child bearing age.

That said, I am firmly opposed to the property tax on residential property, for a long list of reasons political and philosophical. Whatever chokes it down assists the aim of killing it entirely. So while I would not spend any political capital to assist the Slaton bill, I would do nothing to harm it, either. I would see it is an ally to help destabilize the positions of property tax defenders (mostly public sector employee unions and local government PACs).

That's fair
Wrecks Quan Dough

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.