433,007 Views | 8365 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by historian
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

The worst of them has a tied race

this one is interesting. The samples arent that bad at first glance but this is the only poll I have seen where the Dem canidate got 98-1

Most other polls are showing a wider spread with 3-4 not voting for Harris.

Well, that's it. Trump can't lose. If he does it was stolen
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

this one is interesting. The samples arent that bad at first glance but this is the only poll I have seen where the Dem canidate got 98-1

your words not mine.. anybody dunking based on a poll in August is a moron.

Long road ahead.

On the flip side, pollsters who continue to steam head using the same cross tab methodology as 16 and 20 will continue to look stupid in November
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

As long as that argument is good for Democrats, it's good for me.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
historian
Jack Bauer said:

Politico doesnt understand the executive branch

https://notthebee.com/article/okay-you-guys-who-wants-to-tell-politico
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
ATL Bear
Trumps last stand is the debate. If he fumbles that it's over. You can whistle past the graveyard all you want around polling variances, but his campaign knows the real trends, and now he's changing (or refining) positions to try and pick up key demographics and constituencies he's losing ground with.
Jack Bauer
DeSantis doesnt have the flash and the charisma but i belive he would a great POTUS

Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Oh they WISH!

Jack Bauer
historian
Jack Bauer said:

DeSantis doesnt have the flash and the charisma but i belive he would a great POTUS

Taxing unrealized gains is idiotic. It's a Marxist robbery using government to weaken the most productive members of society and to destroy the middle class. No one with a brain should support such a stupid idea. Naturally, it's Kommie Kamala's idea.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Jack Bauer
Americans subconciously dont like short leaders.

Kamala is 5'4" and looks 4'5" here
(Dana Bash is 5'2")

4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

Trumps last stand is the debate. If he fumbles that it's over. You can whistle past the graveyard all you want around polling variances, but his campaign knows the real trends, and now he's changing (or refining) positions to try and pick up key demographics and constituencies he's losing ground with.
Harris has peaked.. she has to shine in the debate to have a chance. Both need a good debate to win.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

Americans subconciously dont like short leaders.

Kamala is 5'4" and looks 4'5" here
(Dana Bash is 5'2")

not understanding why they did the interview in the staff break room..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

Oh they WISH!

the blooms usually last 3-6 weeks. It will be over by nov 5
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

the polling on that one is interesting. 98-1 dems voting for Harris. Best that has ever happened was Biden 94%. Combine that with the enthusiasm level way up, this is a poll of super Dems and they pushed out the waffling Dems.

At Harris plus 1% it is still most likely an electoral loss. The swings polling coming out have shown well for Trump this week.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
ATL Bear
4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

Harris has peaked.. she has to shine in the debate to have a chance. Both need a good debate to win.
It's less about peaking and more about Trump falling, For both Rasmussen and WSJ to swing 3 points in a matter of weeks is serious reason for concern for a Republican candidate. Looking for something to indicate a landing for Trump, hard or soft. I was highly confident he would win Georgia. I'm not so sure now.
Realitybites
Jack Bauer said:

I agree. But if you look at a guy like Vance, Desantis definitely suffers from a public persona deficit in comparison. He is great on policy and would make a great president, but not everyone who can make a great president can be elected to the office.

Pat Buchanan was as great on policy and had a much better public persona than Desantis and he still - to my everlasting regret - lost to Bush. Had he been Reagan's successor the country would have been spared much of the suffering it has had in the Bush-Clinton-Obama years and the world would have been a much better place.
Redbrickbear
Mothra
Realitybites said:

Jack Bauer said:

I agree. But if you look at a guy like Vance, Desantis definitely suffers from a public persona deficit in comparison. He is great on policy and would make a great president, but not everyone who can make a great president can be elected to the office.

Pat Buchanan was as great on policy and had a much better public persona than Desantis and he still - to my everlasting regret - lost to Bush. Had he been Reagan's successor the country would have been spared much of the suffering it has had in the Bush-Clinton-Obama years and the world would have been a much better place.

Vance doesn't hold a candle to DeSantis. When he speaks, he sounds so disingenuous. And of course he completely flip-flopped on Trump. He doesn't have nearly the appeal that DeSantis has IMO. I can't believe Trump chose him as a running mate. When we're doing the postmortem on this election, if Trump loses, his choice of Vance will be a large part of the reason.
Bestweekeverr
ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

It's less about peaking and more about Trump falling, For both Rasmussen and WSJ to swing 3 points in a matter of weeks is serious reason for concern for a Republican candidate. Looking for something to indicate a landing for Trump, hard or soft. I was highly confident he would win Georgia. I'm not so sure now.

That seems to be consistent with the national polling average. Harris has peaked and been sitting at 49% for awhile as Trump falls, but it looks like he may have stopped the bleeding for now. I agree that the debate will be huge for both candidates.
sombear
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

the polling on that one is interesting. 98-1 dems voting for Harris. Best that has ever happened was Biden 94%. Combine that with the enthusiasm level way up, this is a poll of super Dems and they pushed out the waffling Dems.

At Harris plus 1% it is still most likely an electoral loss. The swings polling coming out have shown well for Trump this week.
Finally got some new internal info this morning.

Top-line: Better for Trump than anticipated; very tight race; no sustained convention bounce. All with one caveat:

Daily polling unusually volatile. For example, in a 3-day cycle in battleground states, Trump may have 4 point lead one day, then Harris a 3 point lead the next, then back to Trump. This happens but not so frequently, and unsure what it means, if anything.

In other words, no clear trend or pattern since convention.

Trump team still confident they can get one of WI, MI, and PA. But sunbelts closer than hoped. NC "annoyingly" in play.

National vote, Harris slight lead.

Personal observation only on public polls: Rasmussen a bit concerning. I'm a believer in polls, but tracking trends are the most reliable in my view. Rasmussen has had Harris steadily closing gap. But other polls favorable to Trump. So who the heck knows?!?!
Bestweekeverr
Mothra said:

Realitybites said:

Jack Bauer said:

Vance doesn't hold a candle to DeSantis. When he speaks, he sounds so disingenuous. And of course he completely flip-flopped on Trump. He doesn't have nearly the appeal that DeSantis has IMO. I can't believe Trump chose him as a running mate. When we're doing the postmortem on this election, if Trump loses, his choice of Vance will be a large part of the reason.
When Trump picked Vance he essentially had the election in the bag, which is what I think played a huge role in picking him (and maybe being convinced by his sons?). He had the luxury of choosing a VP that would be more loyal to him as he wasn't worried about votes.

I think Vance looks good on paper, but in front of a camera he comes off as either over-aggressive or awkward and uncharismatic. He shores up Trump's base voters at the cost of pushing away key demographics, which is something Trump is already very good at and doesn't need help with.

I think that had Biden dropped out earlier Trump would went with someone that actually helps him get votes, but Trump is unpredictable and often goes against what his advisors want.
4th and Inches
sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

Finally got some new internal info this morning.

Top-line: Better for Trump than anticipated; very tight race; no sustained convention bounce. All with one caveat:

Daily polling unusually volatile. For example, in a 3-day cycle in battleground states, Trump may have 4 point lead one day, then Harris a 3 point lead the next, then back to Trump. This happens but not so frequently, and unsure what it means, if anything.

In other words, no clear trend or pattern since convention.

Trump team still confident they can get one of WI, MI, and PA. But sunbelts closer than hoped. NC "annoyingly" in play.

National vote, Harris slight lead.

Personal observation only on public polls: Rasmussen a bit concerning. I'm a believer in polls, but tracking trends are the most reliable in my view. Rasmussen has had Harris steadily closing gap. But other polls favorable to Trump. So who the heck knows?!?!
pretty much tracks where I am at and what I am getting.

The polling volatility is definitely a big issue that is being talked about in the polling circles
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

a three-point convention bounce is very modest for so much earned media. From here forward, she will have to work a lot harder to maintain the buzz.
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

57 percent of people who dont know how it works or how it is supposed to work as well as there is no way to explain why they don't like it.

Granted, there are a group of people who want a true popular vote democracy those people, of course, would not like the electoral system.

Also, I think you'll find a lot of people don't like the system when they lose. They think it's unfair even though it's been the same rules for decades.

You know the rules, play by the rules

If anything, we need to repeal the 17th
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Bestweekeverr
boognish_bear said:

The EC has proven to be a pretty balanced system that prevents one party from winning every election, but it can be approved upon.

The "Winner take all" method leads to lower voter turnout in non-swing states and feelings of disenfranchisement for Republicans in Blue states like California or Democrats in Red states like Tennessee.

I think a system where the winner takes 75% of the state's electors and the rest are proportioned out based on the voting margins might be better. For an example, in 2020 Dems would have received 50 of California's electors and the Reps would have gotten 5.
4th and Inches
Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

The EC has proven to be a pretty balanced system that prevents one party from winning every election, but it can be approved upon.

The "Winner take all" method leads to lower voter turnout in non-swing states and feelings of disenfranchisement for Republicans in Blue states like California or Democrats in Red states like Tennessee.

I think a system where the winner takes 75% of the state's electors and the rest are proportioned out based on the voting margins might be better. For an example, in 2020 Dems would have received 50 of California's electors and the Reps would have gotten 5.
an elector per capita district setup would work as well, similar to how the house districts are done.

A pure winner take all system that combines all states as one along with the 17th will make many states have zero voice in national politics
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
4th and Inches

They were solid in 2020
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
KaiBear
4th and Inches said:

boognish_bear said:

57 percent of people who dont know how it works or how it is supposed to work as well as there is no way to explain why they don't like it.

Granted, there are a group of people who want a true popular vote democracy those people, of course, would not like the electoral system.

Which is exactly why the Founding Fathers did not want our leadership chosen exclusively by popular vote.

They did not trust the mental acumen of the masses.

Of course if they saw the results of women and those without property now voting …..they would know…..far faster than us……how our country is irrevocably doomed to a banana republic status .
4th and Inches
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Doc Holliday
First Page Last Page
Page 219 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.