Female shooter at Nashville Christian school

34,497 Views | 669 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Doc Holliday
redfish961
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

This is like the exact opposite of Uvalde - God Bless these police officers.

This is how it's done.

Those clowns in Uvalde should be under arrest for impersonating law officers.
BaylorJacket
redfish961 said:

Jack Bauer said:

This is how it's done.

Those clowns in Uvalde should be under arrest for impersonating law officers.
I still can't believe those cowards got away with doing absolutely nothing while being feet away from children being murdered and bleeding out.

Definitely thankful for the quick law enforcement response in this case.
D. C. Bear
Porteroso said:

D. C. Bear said:

Porteroso said:

bearsocal said:

JXL said:

cms186 said:

Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

More gun control needed obviously.
no, you're right, im sure your thoughts and prayers will be enough
Hundreds of millions of guns in our country and massive non compliance with any future legislation aimed at guns. European/Western countries as evidence it would work is nonsense because of population size and culture.

It's insane to even suggest gun control. It would probably make the problem worse.
If your culture means you have to have armed Guards, Metal Detectors and other "security" features at schools, then maybe your culture is the problem here?

Gun control isnt insane, letting regular citizens own High Powered Semi-Automatic Rifles with High capacity Magazines and all kinds of ammo designed to make them more lethal to Humans is what is insane

Our "culture" didn't need metal detectors and security guards in schools 40 years ago, yet guns were everywhere. What changed?

Our culture was its most violent 40 years ago. Violent crimes are down massively since then. And gun ownership is way up. But school shootings are also up. So what's the cause of incidents like today?

Blasting horrible events like this on TV is up. People not being happy with their profession is up. Teenage girls considering suicide is up.

People are just plain not as happy as they were 40 years ago. We also feel less and less sense of community as time goes on.
Well, it was morning in America 40 years ago.

It does seem like a real increase in school shootings, not just "blasting horrible events like this on TV."

I am not arguing. The discussion is why that would be. I am saying the rise in wall to wall media coverage mirrors the rise in school shootings. There were many before Columbine, but both CNN and Fox recorded their highest ratings ever with their coverage of Columbine, and the rest is history. One of the many reasons prioritizing money making is incompatible with good fair journalism.
There is a social contagion aspect of school shootings, but they remain extremely rare.

Some things that would be classified as "school shootings" in the past would have been "gang violence" that happened to take place in schools or drive by shootings that happened to be at schools. That's a qualitatively different from the lone gunman (or, in the case of Columbine, two gunmen) where mental illness underlies the murders in that they require different approaches to stop. I suspect that there is a real increase in cases where crazy people shoot up schools. Still, these are very rare events.
ron.reagan
D. C. Bear said:

Porteroso said:

D. C. Bear said:

Porteroso said:

bearsocal said:

JXL said:

cms186 said:

Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

Hundreds of millions of guns in our country and massive non compliance with any future legislation aimed at guns. European/Western countries as evidence it would work is nonsense because of population size and culture.

It's insane to even suggest gun control. It would probably make the problem worse.
If your culture means you have to have armed Guards, Metal Detectors and other "security" features at schools, then maybe your culture is the problem here?

Gun control isnt insane, letting regular citizens own High Powered Semi-Automatic Rifles with High capacity Magazines and all kinds of ammo designed to make them more lethal to Humans is what is insane

Our "culture" didn't need metal detectors and security guards in schools 40 years ago, yet guns were everywhere. What changed?

Our culture was its most violent 40 years ago. Violent crimes are down massively since then. And gun ownership is way up. But school shootings are also up. So what's the cause of incidents like today?

Blasting horrible events like this on TV is up. People not being happy with their profession is up. Teenage girls considering suicide is up.

People are just plain not as happy as they were 40 years ago. We also feel less and less sense of community as time goes on.
Well, it was morning in America 40 years ago.

It does seem like a real increase in school shootings, not just "blasting horrible events like this on TV."

I am not arguing. The discussion is why that would be. I am saying the rise in wall to wall media coverage mirrors the rise in school shootings. There were many before Columbine, but both CNN and Fox recorded their highest ratings ever with their coverage of Columbine, and the rest is history. One of the many reasons prioritizing money making is incompatible with good fair journalism.
There is a social contagion aspect of school shootings, but they remain extremely rare.

Some things that would be classified as "school shootings" in the past would have been "gang violence" that happened to take place in schools or drive by shootings that happened to be at schools. That's a qualitatively different from the lone gunman (or, in the case of Columbine, two gunmen) where mental illness underlies the murders in that they require different approaches to stop. I suspect that there is a real increase in cases where crazy people shoot up schools. Still, these are very rare events.
Mavericks winning a title is a rare event
Jack Bauer
And the bodycam footage released within 24 hours assures there was no politics delaying the video. This was all business.
EatMoreSalmon
Jack Bauer said:

And the bodycam footage released within 24 hours assures there was no politics delaying the video. This was all business.
Nashville police seem to be trying to stay ahead of the speculation as much as possible. Their response just might be a teachable example to all departments across the nation.
Jack Bauer
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

Exact opposite. You can see the guy with the pistol not hesitating to be lead at times. Same for the guy with the shotgun.
ron.reagan
misgendering?

riflebear
This is a tough subject because I bet some wouldn't go to therapy or be honest if they knew they couldn't buy Guns or be put on a no buy list.

It's still shocking that people/parents want to help 12-15 yr olds transition. What a cluster we are creating.

riflebear
Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

This is a tough subject because I bet some wouldn't go to therapy or be honest if they knew they couldn't buy Guns or be put on a no buy list.

It's still shocking that people/parents want to help 12-15 yr olds transition. What a cluster we are creating.

We are creating exactly what we were told we would become:

Quote:

in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof

2 Timothy 3:3
cms186
cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

What purposed gun control measure would have stopped this?
Well the details on this particular incident aren't even known yet, so knowing what would have stopped "this" isnt possible
Mexico has the strictest gun control laws in all of the world. Their country of 126 million people had a total of 30,968 homicides in 2022. The United States, made up of 327 million people, had 26,031 homicides in 2022.

Strict gun control laws only embolden the criminals and leave citizens much more vulnerable to violent crime.
Mexico has strict Gun Laws (though there are still an estimated 15 guns per 100 people in Mexico, which is about average compared to most other countries in the world, the ONLY country in the world with more than 40 guns per 100 people in population is the USA), sure, and a poorly combatted problem with organised crime, what about ALL the other countries with strict gun control laws, like Australia, Singapore, the UK, Germany, France, Japan, China etc.?
False- there are other countries with over 40 per 100 people. But don't let facts ruin your talking points.

china.... you really want to list China for gun control laws when they are the BIGGEST violator of human rights in the world and are in an active government sponsored genocide....
Sorry, you are (semi) correct, there is one other country other 40, Yemen

Yes they are and if we were talking about Human rights or State sponsored Genocide, then you might have a point, but we arent
I'm the English Guy
Doc Holliday
cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

Well the details on this particular incident aren't even known yet, so knowing what would have stopped "this" isnt possible
Mexico has the strictest gun control laws in all of the world. Their country of 126 million people had a total of 30,968 homicides in 2022. The United States, made up of 327 million people, had 26,031 homicides in 2022.

Strict gun control laws only embolden the criminals and leave citizens much more vulnerable to violent crime.
Mexico has strict Gun Laws (though there are still an estimated 15 guns per 100 people in Mexico, which is about average compared to most other countries in the world, the ONLY country in the world with more than 40 guns per 100 people in population is the USA), sure, and a poorly combatted problem with organised crime, what about ALL the other countries with strict gun control laws, like Australia, Singapore, the UK, Germany, France, Japan, China etc.?
False- there are other countries with over 40 per 100 people. But don't let facts ruin your talking points.

china.... you really want to list China for gun control laws when they are the BIGGEST violator of human rights in the world and are in an active government sponsored genocide....

Yes they are and if we were talking about Human rights or State sponsored Genocide, then you might have a point, but we arent
I don't think you understand how deplorable people in the US are.

If you did this in a major city in the US, there would be fighting or even bloodshed over the money. Japan has horrible living wages and labor and they still don't tear each other apart.
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf
Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

If you did this in a major city in the US, there would be fighting or even bloodshed over the money. Japan has horrible living wages and labor and they still don't tear each other apart.
Why is very simple.

Homogenious population, with a singular united national identity.

In other words they all paddle in the same direction, the United States have become factions who all paddle in different directions.
ron.reagan
Doc Holliday said:

riflebear said:

Quote:

in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof

that reads like a horoscope. I can't think of a time in history or society where all of that wasn't already happening
Doc Holliday
ron.reagan said:

Doc Holliday said:

riflebear said:

Quote:

that reads like a horoscope. I can't think of a time in history or society where all of that wasn't already happening
It's saying the vast majority of all men become this way. It will be extremely rare to find those who don't fit that description.
ron.reagan
Doc Holliday said:

ron.reagan said:

Doc Holliday said:

riflebear said:

Quote:

It's saying the vast majority of all men become this way. It will be extremely rare to find those who don't fit that description.
Since it is inevitable I'll get back to my yard work
BaylorJacket
Jack Bauer said:

If this is real, I hope this person (whoever Aiden is messaging) took this seriously and alerted Aiden's family and the authorities. Unfortunately though, I doubt it.
SIC EM 94
BaylorJacket said:

Jack Bauer said:

If this is real, I hope this person (whoever Aiden is messaging) took this seriously and alerted Aiden's family and the authorities. Unfortunately though, I doubt it.

She did in fact contact the police. Her call was handled by her being put on hold, transferred around, etc… Personally I don't think it would have made a difference based on the timing of the events.
bearsocal
BaylorJacket said:

Jack Bauer said:

With her history and issues. It's likely this isn't a the first for those kind of messages. Boy who cried wolf.

Edit: Seems like the person did contact someone. Which is good.
Forest Bueller_bf
BaylorJacket said:

Jack Bauer said:

I believe that person interviewed Don Lemon and they did in fact start alerting different authorities. They were too late to help, but I believe they tried.
Forest Bueller_bf
bearsocal said:

BaylorJacket said:

Jack Bauer said:

With her history and issues. It's likely this isn't a the first for those kind of messages. Boy who cried wolf.
I've now read that she was also high functioning on the autism spectrum. Not sure if true, but it out there now.
bearsocal
Forest Bueller_bf said:

bearsocal said:

BaylorJacket said:

Jack Bauer said:

I've now read that she was also high functioning on the autism spectrum. Not sure if true, but it out there now.

Yeah I had heard that. From my understanding that isn't uncommon among younger female to male trans people.
Jack Bauer
For those here that say Reuters is "balanced"

cowboycwr
cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

Still wrong. There are others.

And the point is that you cannot talk about the lack of gun crime in a country that forcibly took guns away from their citizens and then sends in the military to execute people at will, jail anyone who speaks out or pretend that their lack of gun crime somehow proves gun laws work.
BaylorJacket
SIC EM 94 said:

BaylorJacket said:

Jack Bauer said:

She did in fact contact the police. Her call was handled by her being put on hold, transferred around, etc… Personally I don't think it would have made a difference based on the timing of the events.
I'm glad to hear they at least tried.

I had a friend call me and tell me they were going to commit suicide, and before I could attempt to help calm them down they hung up the phone. Their local police gave me the run-around transferring to several departments and it took about 2 days before they were able to do a simple welfare check on her.
cowboycwr
Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

We can learn a lot from Japan. Like how during the WBC a home run ball was passed around the crowd for people to take pictures with it and returned to the person who caught it. Or how their crowd cleans up the stadium after a world cup match or Olympic event (even areas they were not sitting in or even how their kids spend part of the day cleaning their own schools.
Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

Brave men doing things I can't

Fund them
BearFan33
cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

Exact opposite. You can see the guy with the pistol not hesitating to be lead at times. Same for the guy with the shotgun.
Organized with an impressive intensity to reach the suspect ASAP. Both the of the guys with the body cams showed no hesitation and kept encouraging others to keep moving.

As I see it, the guy with rifle (who was waved forward by the guy with the pistol) dropped the suspect and the guy with the pistol finished her off. I think the guy with the shotgun got a round off too but couldn't be sure.
Oldbear83
Bad taste I know, but ...

Shooter hated Christians

Shooter had serious mental issues

Shooter planned poorly

Shooter's preferred name is 'Aiden', just one letter away from 'Biden'.

Coincidence?

ron.reagan
cowboycwr said:

Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

We can learn a lot from Japan. Like how during the WBC a home run ball was passed around the crowd for people to take pictures with it and returned to the person who caught it. Or how their crowd cleans up the stadium after a world cup match or Olympic event (even areas they were not sitting in or even how their kids spend part of the day cleaning their own schools.
Maybe they got all the bad out in those few decades of committing the worst atrocities in human history
ShooterTX
Mitch Blood Green said:

ATL Bear said:

Guns in the hands of the mentally unstable has always been a recipe for disaster. Too bad we can't have honest discussions about the mental health issues of transgenderism.

In state after state in the south, we are are removing background checks.

can you give an example of this? I was not aware that anyone was removing background checks.
STxBear81
White House press secretary says it's republicans fault for shootings.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.