Man sentenced to 7 years in Jan. 6 assaults that forced an officer to retire

20,483 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Redbrickbear
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PolitiFact is a fascist propaganda rag. They cannot be trusted.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
The building wasn't overrun by a mob. You're confusing J6 with the fascist mobs that rioted, looted, & burned multiple cities in the summer of 2020 with no justice.
FLBear5630
historian said:

The building wasn't overrun by a mob. You're confusing J6 with the fascist mobs that rioted, looted, & burned multiple cities in the summer of 2020 with no justice.

I watched it, as did most of America. If overrunning Police Barricades, breaking in windows, forcing Congress to evacuate, and taking over Congress is not rioting? Keep re-writing history. No one that saw Jan 6th said that was good on that day. EVERYONE was back tracking. It was only after Bannon and his team started re-writing that it became "patriotic".

As for the other, "Historian" you should know that those are State crimes, no where near the same level as taking over the Capital.

Really? You see no difference between State/City looting and stopping the Certification of an Election? Just how much are you willing to sell out for Trump? You really think this clown is worth it???
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

I watched it, as did most of America. If overrunning Police Barricades, breaking in windows, forcing Congress to evacuate, and taking over Congress is not rioting? Keep re-writing history. No one that saw Jan 6th said that was good on that day. EVERYONE was back tracking. It was only after Bannon and his team started re-writing that it became "patriotic".

As for the other, "Historian" you should know that those are State crimes, no where near the same level as taking over the Capital.

Really? You see no difference between State/City looting and stopping the Certification of an Election? Just how much are you willing to sell out for Trump? You really think this clown is worth it???
Setting state, city, and federal gov't buildings on fire along with the destruction of local businesses and private property is worse than a bunch of middle aged pissed off voters roaming the halls of the Capitol building and taking selfies, even when you account for a few wanting to delay the certification of an election.

So yeah, I see a difference, but not you want me to see the difference.
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Setting state, city, and federal gov't buildings on fire along with the destruction of local businesses and private property is worse than a bunch of middle aged pissed off voters roaming the halls of the Capitol building and taking selfies, even when you account for a few wanting to delay the certification of an election.

Yeah, you would see that. No understanding of the bigger picture or the ramifications domestically or internationally to what Jan 6th showed.
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Yeah, you would see that. No understanding of the bigger picture or the ramifications domestically or internationally to what Jan 6th showed.
Anyone not constipated with a chronic case of TDS can see the difference.

We get it, you despise the orange man and you want J6 to be the worst attack on the United States since.... well, never.

People not controlled by their emotions can see it was a protest that got out of hand and turned into a riot. Some people assaulted cops and those folks should be charged and convicted. A lot of people walked into the Capitol building (some through doors opened by cops) and did nothing but take pictures an roam around, they probably should be ticketed for trespassing. The gov't has gone gonzo on trying to find anyone who was within 1,000 feet of the building so they can charge them something, anything (okay hyperbole, but there's a nugget of truth to that).

So here's the big picture. The Capitol building riot that delayed certification for a few hours is a fart compared to the sh*t storm of the "Summer of Love" rager that was supported by the media and Democrats in office.

The rowdy tourists were evicted, the mess cleaned up and the certification process completed. Democracy didn't die that day.
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

We get it, you despise the orange man and you want J6 to be the worst attack on the United States since.... well, never.

People not controlled by their emotions can see it was a protest that got out of hand and turned into a riot. Some people assaulted cops and those folks should be charged and convicted. A lot of people walked into the Capitol building (some through doors opened by cops) and did nothing but take pictures an roam around, they probably should be ticketed for trespassing. The gov't has gone gonzo on trying to find anyone who was within 1,000 feet of the building so they can charge them something, anything (okay hyperbole, but there's a nugget of truth to that).

So here's the big picture. The Capitol building riot that delayed certification for a few hours is a fart compared to the sh*t storm of the "Summer of Love" rager that was supported by the media and Democrats in office.

The rowdy tourists were evicted, the mess cleaned up and the certification process completed. Democracy didn't die that day.
Geez, you keep mixing different things. The Summer of Love was a State issue, not a Federal. That is why Trump didn't do anything about it, would have been crossing into State jurisdiction. Each State handled each event differently, CA, Portland and Seattle did nothing. Others prosecuted a lot.

They are two different events in two different jurisdictions. But, go ahead it makes the story better...
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Geez, you keep mixing different things. The Summer of Love was a State issue, not a Federal. That is why Trump didn't do anything about it, would have been crossing into State jurisdiction. Each State handled each event differently, CA, Portland and Seattle did nothing. Others prosecuted a lot.

They are two different events in two different jurisdictions. But, go ahead it makes the story better...
Geez, you keep forgetting that federal property AND federal officials were attacked during the Summer of Love.

We get it. You hate Trump and you need to make J6 out to be the worst thing to happen to this country since.... never.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Geez, you keep mixing different things. The Summer of Love was a State issue, not a Federal...

Not in DC it was not….and not when it involved attacks on Federal court houses or attacks on Federal property in national Parks and other places

99% of chargers were dropped
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

I watched it, as did most of America. If overrunning Police Barricades, breaking in windows, forcing Congress to evacuate, and taking over Congress is not rioting? Keep re-writing history…

99% of protestors there that day didn't break any police barricades or widows or engage in anything more than peacefully entering their National Capitol and walking around taking pictures.

Yet they were still charged with "crimes"
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Geez, you keep forgetting that federal property AND federal officials were attacked during the Summer of Love.

We get it. You hate Trump and you need to make J6 out to be the worst thing to happen to this country since.... never.
Problem is that DOJ did prosecute in 29 States. Here is a Press Release from DOJ from Sept 2020 (Trump's DOJ).

The problem I see is that you keep acting like nothing happened in any of those States or Fed DOJ from 2020. That is patently wrong. It doesn't fit your narrative, so you keep just ignoring it.

As for Jan 6th, it ranks pretty high for repulsive things that has happened in modern US election History. The only one I know of prompted by a sitting President, one that lost! No one else in US History has schemed to steal an election since the Civil War??? Definitely in Modern History, let's just say the last 120 years. So, yeah Trump acted pretty bad... But, keep glossing it over, he was a vicitm...

Office of Public Affairs | Over 300 People Facing Federal Charges For Crimes Committed During Nationwide Demonstrations | United States Department of Justice
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Problem is that DOJ did prosecute in 29 States. Here is a Press Release from DOJ from Sept 2020 (Trump's DOJ).

The problem I see is that you keep acting like nothing happened in any of those States or Fed DOJ from 2020. That is patently wrong. It doesn't fit your narrative, so you keep just ignoring it.

It does not fit your narrative that they dropped the vast majority of those charges.

And under charged and low ball plead out the rest…even when they were serious crimes.

It's even become an issue in the Federal courts with some Judges noticing the discrimination and disparity in sentencing (even in DC) between BLM rioters and Jan rioters….

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/04/black-lives-matter-comparison-roils-court-in-jan-6-cases-515086
historian
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

I see a huge difference between one incident on one day with minimal violence instigated by the FBI & CIA and dozens of riots in multiple cities for months with hundreds of serious crimes including violence, looting, burglaries, tapes, arson, & murder. Also some of those buildings that were attacked were federal buildings. That is a federal crime.

The fascists ard not interested in justice when they hound everyone who was there, regardless of their role, except the Capitol Police officer who murdered Ashli Babbitt in cold blood and the govt jack boot thugs who instigated the "storming" of the building. It was a modern day Reichstag fire.

At the same time, they ignore dozens of far more serious crimes like those listed above, ignore the attacks on pro-life pregnancy centers (including arson & vandalism), prosecute pro-life activists for protesting mass murder, interfere in another election with bogus prosecutions of the leading candidate for president, and numerous blatantly illegal and unconstitutional actions. Their behaviors resemble those of the Gestapo & the SD, SA, etc. it's truly alarming how much they are going full Nazi on us.

Anyone who actually believes in the constitution, especially the Bill of Rights, should be very concerned about so many violations of Americans' 1st amendment, 4th amendment, 5th amendment (especially due process), 6th amendment, & 8th amendment rights. America has become a banana republic under the fascists.
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

As for Jan 6th, it ranks pretty high for repulsive things that has happened in modern US election History. The only one I know of prompted by a sitting President, one that lost! No one else in US History has schemed to steal an election since the Civil War??? Definitely in Modern History, let's just say the last 120 years. So, yeah Trump acted pretty bad... But, keep glossing it over, he was a vicitm...

Office of Public Affairs | Over 300 People Facing Federal Charges For Crimes Committed During Nationwide Demonstrations | United States Department of Justice
I'm not arguing charges/convictions. You made a comment about there being a difference and implied that J6 was worse than the summer riots and lambasted someone for not "seeing the difference".

I pointed out that in fact there was a difference, but not the difference you want people to accept.
Realitybites
FLBear5630 said:

The Summer of Love was a State issue, not a Federal. That is why Trump didn't do anything about it, would have been crossing into State jurisdiction. Each State handled each event differently, CA, Portland and Seattle did nothing. Others prosecuted a lot.

The BLM riots, funded as they were on a national level, with rioters arriving from different jurisdictions were no more a "state level" attack than 9-11 was because it happened to occur in New York.
FLBear5630
historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

I see a huge difference between one incident on one day with minimal violence instigated by the FBI & CIA and dozens of riots in multiple cities for months with hundreds of serious crimes including violence, looting, burglaries, tapes, arson, & murder. Also some of those buildings that were attacked were federal buildings. That is a federal crime.

The fascists ard not interested in justice when they hound everyone who was there, regardless of their role, except the Capitol Police officer who murdered Ashli Babbitt in cold blood and the govt jack boot thugs who instigated the "storming" of the building. It was a modern day Reichstag fire.

At the same time, they ignore dozens of far more serious crimes like those listed above, ignore the attacks on pro-life pregnancy centers (including arson & vandalism), prosecute pro-life activists for protesting mass murder, interfere in another election with bogus prosecutions of the leading candidate for president, and numerous blatantly illegal and unconstitutional actions. Their behaviors resemble those of the Gestapo & the SD, SA, etc. it's truly alarming how much they are going full Nazi on us.

Anyone who actually believes in the constitution, especially the Bill of Rights, should be very concerned about so many violations of Americans' 1st amendment, 4th amendment, 5th amendment (especially due process), 6th amendment, & 8th amendment rights. America has become a banana republic under the fascists.

No it isn't, the one incident was an attack on our entire form of Government and the peaceful transfer of power. That is the basis of this Nation. You don't more significant than that. Take a look at the pictures of Secret Service with weapons drawn, Congress being evacuated, military clad people with fist in air on Speaker podium. Bunch of Grandad's taking selfies... You guys are so FOS. If it was DEMS you would be calling for death penalty.

Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

No it isn't, the one incident was an attack on our entire form of Government and the peaceful transfer of power. That is the basis of this Nation. You don't more significant than that. Take a look at the pictures of Secret Service with weapons drawn, Congress being evacuated, military clad people with fist in air on Speaker podium. Bunch of Grandad's taking selfies... You guys are so FOS. If it was DEMS you would be calling for death penalty.

Man, the J6 thing must give you a real boner. Logical people see it for what it was. A protest that got out of hand. It delayed a process for a few hours. And democracy didn't die that day.

The J6 talking point has worn off, it's lived through its usefulness. Only the hysterical anti-Trump crowd is trying to keep it alive, most everyone else has moved on from it. We have problems right now like inflation, the free flow of illegals and Fentanyl into America that is killing this country, The threat of terrorism in part due to a border that our current POTUS refuses to secure. Hell, according to the left, we have a real climate crisis in this country too. It's so bad, we only have a few years left to live!

So, you've said (before) that you want to talk about politics and policy since we have an election coming up. Why don't you? You spend all day on here rehashing the same old tired talking points of the left about Trump. We've all heard them. Really, we have, over and over and over and over.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

No it isn't, the one incident was an attack on our entire form of Government and the peaceful transfer of power. That is the basis of this Nation.

1. A protest that delayed the ratification of the election for a few hours is not some kind of grand attack on our "entire form of government"

The Congress does not even have to meet at the Capitol to ratify an election.

2. The basis of the nation (Union) is actually the people and the States...the Federal government is merely a servant of those constituent parts and has no more or less powers than what are granted to it.

The States & People were never under attack by a protest in DC that got out of hand that day.

DC is NOT the center of all things in the USA...and if it has become so then it's totally not in line with the actual US Constitution
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Man, the J6 thing must give you a real boner. Logical people see it for what it was. A protest that got out of hand. It delayed a process for a few hours. And democracy didn't die that day.

The J6 talking point has worn off, it's lived through its usefulness. Only the hysterical anti-Trump crowd is trying to keep it alive, most everyone else has moved on from it. We have problems right now like inflation, the free flow of illegals and Fentanyl into America that is killing this country, The threat of terrorism in part due to a border that our current POTUS refuses to secure. Hell, according to the left, we have a real climate crisis in this country too. It's so bad, we only have a few years left to live!

So, you've said (before) that you want to talk about politics and policy since we have an election coming up. Why don't you? You spend all day on here rehashing the same old tired talking points of the left about Trump. We've all heard them. Really, we have, over and over and over and over.
Actually, no. "Normal" people all don't. There are quite a few "normal" people that see it for what it was, a disgusting display by a sitting President.

But, I find it interesting it is OK for you and those that support MAGA to put out your message as much as you desire, but when those oppose you to make sure there is a Counter message they have a "boner", aren't "normal", or any other dereogotory term you want to use. Ask CIA guy, if you let a message go unopposed too long it becomes the accepted truth... Jan 6th was not some Patriotic event.
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Jan 6th was not some Patriotic event.
It wasn't some major threat or attack on democracy either. The Bernie Bro (James Hodgkinson) who shot up the GOP baseball practice was a bigger attack on our democracy or form or government or whatever the hell you want to argue, than the rowdy tourists that walked around the capitol building.
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

It wasn't some major threat or attack on democracy either. The Bernie Bro (James Hodgkinson) who shot up the GOP baseball practice was a bigger attack on our democracy or form or government or whatever the hell you want to argue, than the rowdy tourists that walked around the capitol building.
Who said that the Bernie Bro was less?? Agree, just as bad. This is not a Conservative/Liberal thing, this is an actions thing. The ACT was wrong and bad. Just like Bernie Bro was wrong and bad. You guys are the ones caught up in Conservative/Liberal. Trump and Biden are not worthy of being President, regardless of Party.

You are the ones caught up with Conservative/Liberal
historian
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

J6 wasn't an attack on anything. It was a protest against fraud in an election resulting an an incompetent, illegal administration. It was far more patriotic than anything the elected criminals were doing inside. More importantly, it is still being used as a tool by the fascists to oppress Americans. The Reichstag Fire is an apt analogy.

Our fake president is currently destroying our country and the fascists are doing everything they can to undermine representative government, often committing treason in the process.
FLBear5630
historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

J6 wasn't an attack on anything. It was a protest against fraud in an election resulting an an incompetent, illegal administration. It was far more patriotic than anything the elected criminals were doing inside. More importantly, it is still being used as a tool by the fascists to oppress Americans. The Reichstag Fire is an apt analogy.

Our fake president is currently destroying our country and the fascists are doing everything they can to undermine representative government, often committing treason in the process.

Yeah, never happened... Peaceful demonstration.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Even when you try to show violent pictures is just guys standing around not attacking anyone.

Now there were some fists flying and some violence....no one ever denied that.

But it was a 99% peaceful protest
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Who said that the Bernie Bro was less?? Agree, just as bad. This is not a Conservative/Liberal thing, this is an actions thing. The ACT was wrong and bad. Just like Bernie Bro was wrong and bad. You guys are the ones caught up in Conservative/Liberal. Trump and Biden are not worthy of being President, regardless of Party.

You are the ones caught up with Conservative/Liberal
So, if Biden and Trump aren't worthy, who ya' votin' for?
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

lol. Those photos don't illustrate what you think they illustrate.

But when do you want to start talking about the upcoming election and discuss policy and problems? Or do you want to keep rehashing old sh*t?

So, if Trump is elected, you gonna be okay? How long do you think it will take for the left to start burning down their cities, looting businesses and assaulting people? Same day? Next day? Few days later?
historian
And most if not all violence was instigated by the FBI & CIA.
historian
If 2020 is any indication, the fascists will start their violence by brown shirts & black shirts routine this summer. Considering what's at stake, they might start earlier.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

But when do you want to start talking about the upcoming election and discuss policy and problems? Or do you want to keep rehashing old sh*t?

So, if Trump is elected, you gonna be okay? How long do you think it will take for the left to start burning down their cities, looting businesses and assaulting people? Same day? Next day? Few days later?
I will stop when I get the last word, not letting your message be the last message out there... Bannon playbook.
Redbrickbear
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

I will stop when I get the last word, not letting your message be the last message out there... Bannon playbook.
So does that mean that all we need to do is ignore you and you'll go away?
Porteroso
historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

What trash post is this? You are comparing the Federal government to Nazis? Every single insurrectionist knew what they were doing was wrong, they just simply wanted their guy to win.

They believed their own made up brand of tribalism just as much as you, to the point where little things like interrupting the peaceful transfer of power or interrupting a session of Congress or treating police officers like the enemy was acceptable in their pursuit of power for dear leader.

It is truly pathetic. And before you try to mince the argument up with "yeah but black people and BLM" just remember the no matter what anyone else does, we have the rule of law here, and even if someone else gets away with something, it is not right for your tribe to expect the same.
Redbrickbear
Porteroso said:

historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

Every single insurrectionist knew what they were doing was wrong, they just simply wanted their guy to win.

It is truly pathetic. And before you try to mince the argument up with "yeah but black people and BLM" just remember the no matter what anyone else does, we have the rule of law here, .

1. The vast vast majority of protestors there that day were peaceful. They certainly did not know what they were doing was wrong.

And in fact those that peacefully protested that day did NOTHING wrong at all.

2. But the BLM riots proved that we don't in fact have a neutral rule of law in this country.

The dropping of charges and low ball punishments proved that certain special classes of people can basically do what they want if it's see has as being in the interests of the regime in DC

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.