Man sentenced to 7 years in Jan. 6 assaults that forced an officer to retire

19,958 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Redbrickbear
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearN said:

sombear said:

Worst part of this to me is there are millions of Trumpers who do not believe or just don't know that this kind of stuff happened on J6. They truly buy into the peaceful protest/cops let everyone in narrative. Sad.
Yes, this one person deserves prison. Worst part of this to me is there are millions of people like you who believe this proves everyone there that day did things like this. They truly buy into the insurrection and "worst thing in the history of this country" and that anyone there on Jan 6 should be locked up forever.

Why do you go to extremes??

It was a bad thing for the Country.

Anyone involved should be prosecuted.

Our sitting President played a role igniting the riot, that is disgusting.

It wasn't an insurrection, it was a riot. A riot that forced Congress to evacuate.

It wasn't the worst thing that happened, no one said that.

It is unbelievable that the "conservative right" will go to all lengths to make this OK and downplay it.
To make exactly what "OK"?

This statement is also an extreme view, seems to me.
Jan 6th. It was a peaceful demonstration by old men walking in the Capitol. No one should have been arrested.
This is again an extreme. Show the examples of this. I think you will be hard pressed.
I wish there was a search on these forums.
Malbec
Osodecentx said:

Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

historian said:

I try to ignore the personal, & often petty, arguments that arise in these boards. They distract from the discussion & I don't care about such things.

Absolutely.

Jokes are jokes and are 90% of why we spend time on this forum.

But if you're gonna say a FBI arrest video is a hoax…you gotta give some evidence of that.
You got caught posting a hoax. Maybe you actually believe it. Your "reporter" was fired by Blaze and cancelled by CPAC? Alex Jones wannabe

Where did it happen?
When did it happen?
What law enforcement agency was involved?
Who got arrested?
If there was an arrest, why?
No indication FBI was involved.

It didn't happen. Fake news.
Why has the FBI not publicly denied the claim, nor taken any action against it, if it is a hoax? Why are there never any consequences for what you say is a slanderous lie? Why are individuals and news organizations allowed to repeatedly publish or broadcast lies with impunity?
Has Hilary denied adopting an alien baby?

I don't know. But then, I haven't seen the DNA test on Chelsea.
FLBear5630
EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearN said:

sombear said:

Worst part of this to me is there are millions of Trumpers who do not believe or just don't know that this kind of stuff happened on J6. They truly buy into the peaceful protest/cops let everyone in narrative. Sad.
Yes, this one person deserves prison. Worst part of this to me is there are millions of people like you who believe this proves everyone there that day did things like this. They truly buy into the insurrection and "worst thing in the history of this country" and that anyone there on Jan 6 should be locked up forever.

It wasn't an insurrection, it was a riot. A riot that forced Congress to evacuate.

It is unbelievable that the "conservative right" will go to all lengths to make this OK and downplay it.

Jan 6th. It was a peaceful demonstration by old men walking in the Capitol. No one should have been arrested.
This is again an extreme. Show the examples of this. I think you will be hard pressed.
If you go to the beginning of this thread and read. There is one "Attack of Democracy" they will give you the flavor, Jan 6th was a non-event. Definitely not charging the people involved and not investigating Trump. That is the general gist of it.
historian
If you do a google search and include "Sicem365" it will work. I'm not sure about the premium boards.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
EatMoreSalmon
FLBear5630 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearN said:

sombear said:

If you go to the beginning of this thread and read. There is one "Attack of Democracy" they will give you the flavor, Jan 6th was a non-event. Definitely not charging the people involved and not investigating Trump. That is the general gist of it.
If you look at the beginning of the thread you will see an exchange starting with sombear and BearN. What I see is extreme comments tossed from both sides. Not exactly conducive to deescalating an argument.
FLBear5630
EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearN said:

sombear said:

If you look at the beginning of the thread you will see an exchange starting with sombear and BearN. What I see is extreme comments tossed from both sides. Not exactly conducive to deescalating an argument.

Well, can't argue there.
Redbrickbear
historian
No justice in DC
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

Could be they are guilty?
Maybe DC being such a small area riots are not viewed the same and impacted more people so they have less tolerance?

Nah, it has to be the deep state... The conspiracy is now down to the level of jury pools.

Is there a conspiracy guidebook they put out with instructions on how they all should act and rule to get so many on the same page? Maybe a podcast or text?

historian
Not likely. With dozens of trials, the odds are that there will be some defendants with insufficient evidence, mistakes by prosecutors, or any of a dozen other reasons for an acquittal. That's how a real justice system works.
FLBear5630
historian said:

Not likely. With dozens of trials, the odds are that there will be some defendants with insufficient evidence, mistakes by prosecutors, or any of a dozen other reasons for an acquittal. That's how a real justice system works.
Here are the numbers.

An overview of the cases so far
  • Number of people charged, federal: 1,309
  • Number of people who have pleaded guilty: 773
  • Number of individuals who have had jury, bench, or stipulated bench trials: 187
  • Number with mixed verdicts: 53
  • Number convicted on all charges: 131
  • Number acquitted of all charges: 3
  • Number of people sentenced: 815
  • Percentage of people sentenced who have received prison time: 64
  • Median sentence for those who received prison time, in days: 180
  • Number of cases dismissed, federal: 10

1300 out of 2000 have been arrested or 65% that could have been.

I do agree with Barr, that if the Biden DOJ was as diligent on other crimes, we would be the safest in the Nation.

Personally, like Trump. They committed crimes, they are fair game. You do this stuff, you are at the whim of the Government. To cry later saying I did it and was there but you shouldn't prosecute me. Is *****. You do it. You were "man" enough to take part in a riot with gang mentality, don't ***** when you go to prison.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Maybe DC being such a small area riots are not viewed the same and impacted more people so they have less tolerance?

Nah, it has to be the deep state...

1. I think we could answer why by going back and seeing how many rioters were charged and convicted of the riots in DC during the BLM summer.

Was it a similar conviction rate? Similar sentencing for destruction of Federal property and threatening "our democracy"?

For instance as rioters tried (and failed lol) to tear down a Statue of President Andrew Jackson the cops were ordered to stand down and not engage the rioters.

2. I don't think it involves a conspiracy to think that a city that voted 90% liberals is a hard place for conservative coded protesters/rioters to get a fair trial.
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

1. I think we could answer why by going back and seeing how many rioters were charged and convicted of the riots in DC during the BLM summer.

Was it a similar conviction rate? Similar sentencing for destruction of Federal property and threatening "our democracy"?

For instance as rioters tried (and failed lol) to tear down a Statue of President Andrew Jackson the cops were ordered to stand down and not engage the rioters.

2. I don't think it involves a conspiracy to think that a city that voted 90% liberals is a hard place for conservative coded protesters/rioters to get a fair trial.
There is a huge difference between something happening in DC and the places the 2020 riots took place.

DC is under Federal control AND they attacked Federal heads of power WHILE performing certification.

It is no wonder it is being more aggressively prosecuted.

As for 2020, they were prosecuted at the State level. Can't compare the two.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

There is a huge difference between something happening in DC and the places the 2020 riots took place.

DC is under Federal control AND they attacked Federal heads of power

That is why I specifically said BLM riots in DC

"I think we could answer that by going back and seeing how many rioters were charged and convicted of the riots in DC during the BLM summer."

Where those BLM rioters in DC treated differently than MAGA rioters on Jan. 6th?

After all BLM rioters attacked Federal property and surrounded the White House

FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

"I think we could answer that by going back and seeing how many rioters were charged and convicted of the riots in DC during the BLM summer."

Where those BLM rioters in DC treated differently than MAGA rioters on Jan. 6th?

That is a good point. Do you have those numbers? I would be interested in that info. I honestly forgot about the DC 2020 riots. That would be a good comparison.
Waco1947
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Where those BLM rioters in DC treated differently than MAGA rioters on Jan. 6th? NO

After all BLM rioters attacked Federal property and surrounded the White House Yes they did but "what aboutism" is not the issue. J6 is the issue and I saw with my own rioters and insurrectionists storming the Capitol

Waco1947
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Where those BLM rioters in DC treated differently than MAGA rioters on Jan. 6th? NO

After all BLM rioters attacked Federal property and surrounded the White House Yes they did but "what aboutism" is not the issue. J6 is the issue and I saw with my own rioters and insurrectionists storming the Capitol

The best description I saw for a difference between the two, was Jan 6th was a poor choice of location and timing. Congress was in session, certifying the Presidential election. To break in and get violent there and then was asking for both feet on the neck response. There could be no other response.
Waco1947
Silliness. It is not a matter of timing or location. DT called them together and sent them to the Capitol. I know what my eyes saw - an attack on the Capitol
Waco1947
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

Silliness. It is not a matter of timing or location. DT called them together and sent them to the Capitol. I know what my eyes saw - an attack on the Capitol
I agree. Poor use of language on my part. You missed my point, it was bad for choosing the Capitol. And it was worse because it was during a Congressional Certification of the election. The reprisal and punishment should be worse.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

That is a good point. Do you have those numbers? I would be interested in that info. I honestly forgot about the DC 2020 riots. That would be a good comparison.

I wish I knew.

What I can find by googling is that in DC (just like many other progressive cities) most charges were dropped.

And that does not even count the BLM rioters and vandals who never got arrested at all.

[Although many of those arrested were charged by police with felony rioting, that charge was dropped by prosecutors in most cases. After making their initial appearances in D.C. Superior Court, nearly all defendants were freed pending future court appearances.]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/prosecutors-drop-many-rioting-charges-as-dozens-charged-in-dc-protests-appear-in-court/2020/06/01/b581d5d2-a38b-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html#

I would love to see a journalist dig in and see if the MAGA rioters on Jan.6th got much longer sentences than the BLM rioters in the summer but I'm not holding my breath that will ever happen.

PS

Other cities….

[The vast majority of citations and charges against George Floyd protesters were ultimately dropped, dismissed or otherwise not filed, according to a Guardian analysis of law enforcement records and media reports in a dozen jurisdictions around the nation…

In most of a dozen jurisdictions examined, at least 90% of cases were dropped or dismissed. In some cities, like Dallas and Philadelphia, as many as 95% of citations were dropped or not prosecuted.

In Houston, about 93% of citations were dropped; in Los Angeles, about 93% of citations were not filed. The prosecutor's office in San Francisco dismissed all 127 cases related to "peaceful protest-related charges", though data for more serious citations was not available]

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/17/george-floyd-protesters-charges-citations-analysis

FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

What I can find by googling is that in DC (just like many other progressive cities) most charges were dropped.

And that does not even count the BLM rioters and vandals who never got arrested at all.

[Although many of those arrested were charged by police with felony rioting, that charge was dropped by prosecutors in most cases. After making their initial appearances in D.C. Superior Court, nearly all defendants were freed pending future court appearances.]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/prosecutors-drop-many-rioting-charges-as-dozens-charged-in-dc-protests-appear-in-court/2020/06/01/b581d5d2-a38b-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html#

I would love to see a journalist dig in and see if the MAGA rioters on Jan.6th got much longer sentences than the BLM rioters in the summer but I'm not holding my breath that will ever happen.

PS

Other cities….

[The vast majority of citations and charges against George Floyd protesters were ultimately dropped, dismissed or otherwise not filed, according to a Guardian analysis of law enforcement records and media reports in a dozen jurisdictions around the nation…

In most of a dozen jurisdictions examined, at least 90% of cases were dropped or dismissed. In some cities, like Dallas and Philadelphia, as many as 95% of citations were dropped or not prosecuted.

In Houston, about 93% of citations were dropped; in Los Angeles, about 93% of citations were not filed. The prosecutor's office in San Francisco dismissed all 127 cases related to "peaceful protest-related charges", though data for more serious citations was not available]

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/17/george-floyd-protesters-charges-citations-analysis

The data is really hard to decipher. The DC specific data would be interesting as DC is basically Fed run.

The other Cities, I am not surprised. They are liberal, sanctuary cities. I still don't think that anyone can compare those to the Federal system. The State system is too different.

I am curious what the numbers look like, not the percentages. For example, charging 10% of 5,000 people is 500 arrests. That is a busy weekend for a local Police Department. How much is a capacity issue?

For example, are violations getting thrown out because they simply don't have the capacity to run every one? So, they focus on the worse offenders and higher visibility crimes? Whether we like it or not, there is a capacity limit to what local Government and Courts can handle. So, all trespassing get dismissed, all obstruction misdemeanor, etc... I don't know the legal system well enough. But, I do know working for small Cities early in my career that an event can push the budget and physical capabilities. Hiring additional security, overtime for Police, and large influxes of people have an impact.
Waco1947
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

What I can find by googling is that in DC (just like many other progressive cities) You have no proof most charges were dropped.

Waco1947
Redbrickbear
Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

What I can find by googling is that in DC (just like many other progressive cities) You have no proof most charges were dropped.

90% of charges dropped in the BLM riots

FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

Was this DC? That is the only true comparison. You can't compare City and State Judicial systems to Jan 6th.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

Was this DC? That is the only true comparison. You can't compare City and State Judicial systems to Jan 6th.

Guardian article mention DC along with other cities.

This article is just about DC:

FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

I can see the January 6th coming down harder than the other riots. I know many on here don't want to hear it, but the Govt has to set an example, you storm the capital you pay. I personally have no problem with anyone that went inside or took part in the violence being prosecuted. But, that is just me. In my mind, what they did was the absolute worst thing you can do as a citizen. Many disagree.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

I can see the January 6th coming down harder than the other riots. I know many on here don't want to hear it, but the Govt has to set an example, you storm the capital you pay. I personally have no problem with anyone that went inside or took part in the violence being prosecuted. But, that is just me. In my mind, what they did was the absolute worst thing you can do as a citizen. Many disagree.

You may thinks is fair.

But to watch liberals riot all summer in DC and get away with almost not charges or convictions.

Then to watch conservatives coded protestors get the book thrown at them a few months later is hypocrisy at best…possibly even evidence live under a corrupt regime

FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

You may thinks is fair.

But to watch liberals riot all summer in DC and get away with almost not charges or convictions.

Then to watch conservatives coded protestors get the book thrown at them a few months later is hypocrisy at best…possibly even evidence live under a corrupt regime

Yeah, but one not being prosecuted by the State or City Courts has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of the Jan 6th in the Federal system. It is not the same people making the decisions.

We didn't have much in Florida. I do know they prosecuted anyone that caused property damage in Tampa. But. we only had one or two demonstrations. I am all for prosecuting rioters, just not letting some off because of others lack of will to prosecute. I don't see the 2 connected.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I wish I knew.

You may thinks is fair.

Yeah, but one not being prosecuted by the State or City Courts has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of the Jan 6th in the Federal system. It is not the same people making the decisions.

We didn't have much in Florida. I do know they prosecuted anyone that caused property damage in Tampa...

I'm talking about BLM rioters in DC vs Jan 6 rioters in DC

Both are under the control of the Feds.

They drop 90% charges against BLM and while they charged everyone they could at Jan.6 and are still charging

And use increase sentencing charges like terrorism for long jail terms
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
historian
Only a fool would be surprised. Our govt has been lying to us routinely for decades. Obama & Biden lie more than telling the truth! At least that's how it often seems. The more recent presidents and most Congressional leaders this century also lie regularly. I have limited hopes for Speaker Johnson but the jury is still out.
Redbrickbear
Waco1947
Redbrickbear said:

So, she left. She's
VP and her life was threatened
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

So, she left. She's
VP and her life was threatened

Not on J6

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.