Man sentenced to 7 years in Jan. 6 assaults that forced an officer to retire

20,449 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Redbrickbear
Wangchung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Another rowdy tourist sentenced. Click on the link to see a picture of her assault on a policeman. Maybe she is really an undercover FBI agent?

After courtroom outburst, Florida music teacher sentenced to 6 years in prison for Jan. 6 felonies

The government's criminal complaint included a number of photos of her in the Capitol and also alleged she was captured on video yelling, "Tell Pelosi we are coming for that b****."
Southard-Rumsey was captured on a Twitter feed announcing, "Standing in front of the Capitol Building ready to take it," the complaint also said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jan-6-sentence-florida-music-teacher/

Thank god we were saved from an unarmed music teacher...
Did you see the pictures of the assault?
Oh my goodness I DID see them! It was so very scary. We came within a fraction of a millimeter of losing our democracy when this elderly woman shoved an active duty police officer. Glad this music teaching nanna is going to prison, our streets will be MUCH safer!

If that is your take after 500 J6 convictions then maybe Democracy is at risk. I thought you were a law & order guy
Oh yes, we should ignore the facts of individual cases and just use a generalized view of the rioters. Now when we talk about BLM rioters suing cities and having most charges dropped, we can't generalize based on the actions of the majority because generalizing the BLM rioters is racist or homophobic or some ****, right? It's hard to care about your fear of unarmed, music teaching grandma when you've cheered on and excused violent rioters that actually killed police and civilians alike for 8 months.
Sure glad I didn't excuse violent rioters that actually killed police and civilians alike for 8 months.
Also glad I didn't excuse violent rioters who attacked police and the Congress on Jan 6
Your obvious omission of outrage concerning the 8 months of violent deadly democrat riots takes all the steam out of your display of outrage over Jan 6th. All I'm saying.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Another rowdy tourist sentenced. Click on the link to see a picture of her assault on a policeman. Maybe she is really an undercover FBI agent?

After courtroom outburst, Florida music teacher sentenced to 6 years in prison for Jan. 6 felonies

The government's criminal complaint included a number of photos of her in the Capitol and also alleged she was captured on video yelling, "Tell Pelosi we are coming for that b****."
Southard-Rumsey was captured on a Twitter feed announcing, "Standing in front of the Capitol Building ready to take it," the complaint also said.

Oh my goodness I DID see them! It was so very scary. We came within a fraction of a millimeter of losing our democracy when this elderly woman shoved an active duty police officer. Glad this music teaching nanna is going to prison, our streets will be MUCH safer!

If that is your take after 500 J6 convictions then maybe Democracy is at risk. I thought you were a law & order guy
Oh yes, we should ignore the facts of individual cases and just use a generalized view of the rioters. Now when we talk about BLM rioters suing cities and having most charges dropped, we can't generalize based on the actions of the majority because generalizing the BLM rioters is racist or homophobic or some ****, right? It's hard to care about your fear of unarmed, music teaching grandma when you've cheered on and excused violent rioters that actually killed police and civilians alike for 8 months.
Sure glad I didn't excuse violent rioters that actually killed police and civilians alike for 8 months.
Also glad I didn't excuse violent rioters who attacked police and the Congress on Jan 6
Your obvious omission of outrage concerning the 8 months of violent deadly democrat riots takes all the steam out of your display of outrage over Jan 6th. All I'm saying.
I'm outraged by 8 months of violent deadly democrat riots.

Are you outraged by violence aimed at the Capitol on Jan 6?
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I said some semblance of an objective source. I don't think there's any truly objective source at this point. However, I found that the BBC seems to be middle of the road and doesn't interject its opinions for the most part. That's where I get most of my news.

WaPo js propaganda at this point. There's a little difference between it and huff post or the Rolling Stone, Fox, the blaze or Newsmax.
BBC doesn't cover local or state issues. I find the Wall Street Journal does a pretty good job, but nobody is perfect.

The BBC's American branch covers the same issues as WaPo and the Wall Street journal. There's a ton of crossover there. None of them cover local issues unless those issues are national news.

If you're using WaPo as a source of news, you're getting a seriously skewed version of events. I'd suggest your dollars are better spent not supporting such drivel.

I'm surprised BBC covered the Texas Legislature & Big 12 athletics

I subscribe to 6 newspapers & rely on Brett Baier as my "go to " source

I think I can discern the truth on most issues with all of those
I guess count yourself surprised then. BBC often times has stories on the Texas legislature.

As for Big 12 football, is it your position you like the WaPo's sports coverage of the Big 12? If so, interesting. Tell me, what is the WaPo's breakdown of Baylor football this season? I am dying to know.

If you want to pay for liberal propaganda, I guess to each his own. But man does it explain a lot about your takes.
WaPo's sports coverage is not good, terrible unless you're into pro sports
Their coverage of national congress, courts and executive branch is good. They lean left politically, but everything you disagree with is not propaganda

I am surprised that the BBC covers the Texas legislature. I went to their website and searched for "Texas Legislature". Seems like a limited resource for Texas news.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=Texas+legislature&d=HOMEPAGE_GNL

So now the WaPo doesn't cover Big 12 athletics? Odd you used that as justification for reading WaPo over BBC. I never said it did

If you'll do a search of the BBC and Texas legislature, you'll find numerous articles. There's one regarding the abortion ban passed a few months ago, one regarding the overhaul of voting rights, one on the de-platforming law passed last year, one on Paxton, etc. And that was based on a quick google search. I did the google search above. You can see the results, not good. I'm obviously not looking in the right place. Link, please. Do they have a pay wall? I'll give them a look if it's free.

I likewise could find no section on the WaPo website devoted to the Texas Legislature. I did find a couple of doozies, however, after I performed a google search of the WaPo and Texas Legislature. I never said WaPo was the go to source for the Texas Legislature. I subscribe to many newspapers; each one has a strong suit. DMN & WT do a good job along with Sicem. Here's what I said in prior post: "WaPo's sports coverage is not good, terrible unless you're into pro sports"

There was an opinion piece alleging that the Texas Legislature the "gripped by Christian nationalism." There was a story decrying a proposed bill allowing chaplains in schools. And there was an article decrying a Texas bill that didn't require water breaks for construction workers. And I disagree with those editorials. As I said earlier, I'm not afraid of the written word and can decide for myself. I like multiple sources and can afford it. What did the BBC say about chaplains in schools, no water breaks, and Christian Nationalism in the legislature?.

And of course several articles decrying Paxton I sure agree with those articles. You voted for a crook!

and decrying the state's lack of clean energy legislation. I'd like a link on the articles "decrying our lack of clean energy legislation. I think you made that up. As you should know, Texas leads the nation in clean energy.

Is this the kind of coverage you find invaluable? I value it

I agree things I don't agree with aren't propaganda. And yet, the WaPo remains Democrat propaganda, which you apparently seem to enjoy. It's true I enjoy different points of view and can hear them without being afraid they will convert me.
I don't fear the written word and question whether the BBC covers the Hill Country HS athletic scene

Does the WaPo now cover Texas high school athletics as well??!! Incredible.

So recall you were comparing the WaPo to the BBC. If it doesn't cover the Texas legislature or Big 12 sports or high school football, I'm curious why you're bringing those up? Were you having a hard time remembering what we were discussing? If you will do a little bit better job of reading, you will see I never suggested the BBC was a good replacement for local media reporting on the local sports scene.

Sounds like your google skills are as bad as your reading comprehension. If you get on google and type in the words I suggested, and scroll down a few articles you will see a WaPo article decrying a bill killing the renewable energy sector. I can't read past the first couple of paragraphs because of the paywall (BBC is free btw).

As I said, I'm not scared about reading things that disagree with my worldview. In fact I like see what the other side thinks which is why I read the opposing viewpoint and articles on this board. I simply don't like paying for liberal propaganda like you do. And therein lies the difference between us.
I didn't say WaPo covered HS athletics in Texas; I said BBC didn't. This is one reason I don't think you are really lawyer. Lawyers read and comprehend. You don't.

I subscribe to multiple sources because each one has a strength. As I posted, WaPo is terrible on sports, but my other sources fill in those blanks. Sicem is one of those sources. BBC can't touch it for BU athletics.

I swore I wouldn't engage with you after 5:00 because you are deep into your cups and it isn't productive,

My google skills aren't bad, they are horrible. I hoped you would help but recommending the BBC as a timely source for the Texas legislature just won't do it without a link. You're bluffing. Post your link.

Mitch Blood Green
sombear said:

Worst part of this to me is there are millions of Trumpers who do not believe or just don't know that this kind of stuff happened on J6. They truly buy into the peaceful protest/cops let everyone in narrative. Sad.

They know it happened. Just refuse to give an inch.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

prosecute all the knuckleheads.. thats what they get gor being knuckleheads.

democracy was never ever ever ever in danger.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
RIP Ashli Babbitt.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Yes! Blue star for new beginnings
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Wangchung
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RIP Ashli Babbitt.
Feel bad for her family but she was armed with a mob and breaking down doorways/side windows of the door. No matter why she was there, that's HOW she was there. Those idiots should have never taken the bait and entered the capitol.
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Wangchung said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RIP Ashli Babbitt.
Feel bad for her family but she was armed with a mob and breaking down doorways/side windows of the door. No matter why she was there, that's HOW she was there. Those idiots should have never taken the bait and entered the capitol.
She was armed? Somehow I missed that.

-- Barack Obama
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I said some semblance of an objective source. I don't think there's any truly objective source at this point. However, I found that the BBC seems to be middle of the road and doesn't interject its opinions for the most part. That's where I get most of my news.

WaPo js propaganda at this point. There's a little difference between it and huff post or the Rolling Stone, Fox, the blaze or Newsmax.
BBC doesn't cover local or state issues. I find the Wall Street Journal does a pretty good job, but nobody is perfect.

The BBC's American branch covers the same issues as WaPo and the Wall Street journal. There's a ton of crossover there. None of them cover local issues unless those issues are national news.

If you're using WaPo as a source of news, you're getting a seriously skewed version of events. I'd suggest your dollars are better spent not supporting such drivel.

I guess count yourself surprised then. BBC often times has stories on the Texas legislature.

As for Big 12 football, is it your position you like the WaPo's sports coverage of the Big 12? If so, interesting. Tell me, what is the WaPo's breakdown of Baylor football this season? I am dying to know.

If you want to pay for liberal propaganda, I guess to each his own. But man does it explain a lot about your takes.
Their coverage of national congress, courts and executive branch is good. They lean left politically, but everything you disagree with is not propaganda

I am surprised that the BBC covers the Texas legislature. I went to their website and searched for "Texas Legislature". Seems like a limited resource for Texas news.

So now the WaPo doesn't cover Big 12 athletics? Odd you used that as justification for reading WaPo over BBC. I never said it did

If you'll do a search of the BBC and Texas legislature, you'll find numerous articles. There's one regarding the abortion ban passed a few months ago, one regarding the overhaul of voting rights, one on the de-platforming law passed last year, one on Paxton, etc. And that was based on a quick google search. I did the google search above. You can see the results, not good. I'm obviously not looking in the right place. Link, please. Do they have a pay wall? I'll give them a look if it's free.

I likewise could find no section on the WaPo website devoted to the Texas Legislature. I did find a couple of doozies, however, after I performed a google search of the WaPo and Texas Legislature. I never said WaPo was the go to source for the Texas Legislature. I subscribe to many newspapers; each one has a strong suit. DMN & WT do a good job along with Sicem. Here's what I said in prior post: "WaPo's sports coverage is not good, terrible unless you're into pro sports"

There was an opinion piece alleging that the Texas Legislature the "gripped by Christian nationalism." There was a story decrying a proposed bill allowing chaplains in schools. And there was an article decrying a Texas bill that didn't require water breaks for construction workers. And I disagree with those editorials. As I said earlier, I'm not afraid of the written word and can decide for myself. I like multiple sources and can afford it. What did the BBC say about chaplains in schools, no water breaks, and Christian Nationalism in the legislature?.

And of course several articles decrying Paxton I sure agree with those articles. You voted for a crook!

and decrying the state's lack of clean energy legislation. I'd like a link on the articles "decrying our lack of clean energy legislation. I think you made that up. As you should know, Texas leads the nation in clean energy.

I agree things I don't agree with aren't propaganda. And yet, the WaPo remains Democrat propaganda, which you apparently seem to enjoy. It's true I enjoy different points of view and can hear them without being afraid they will convert me.
I don't fear the written word and question whether the BBC covers the Hill Country HS athletic scene

So recall you were comparing the WaPo to the BBC. If it doesn't cover the Texas legislature or Big 12 sports or high school football, I'm curious why you're bringing those up? Were you having a hard time remembering what we were discussing? If you will do a little bit better job of reading, you will see I never suggested the BBC was a good replacement for local media reporting on the local sports scene.

Sounds like your google skills are as bad as your reading comprehension. If you get on google and type in the words I suggested, and scroll down a few articles you will see a WaPo article decrying a bill killing the renewable energy sector. I can't read past the first couple of paragraphs because of the paywall (BBC is free btw).

As I said, I'm not scared about reading things that disagree with my worldview. In fact I like see what the other side thinks which is why I read the opposing viewpoint and articles on this board. I simply don't like paying for liberal propaganda like you do. And therein lies the difference between us.
I didn't say WaPo covered HS athletics in Texas; I said BBC didn't. This is one reason I don't think you are really lawyer. Lawyers read and comprehend. You don't.

I subscribe to multiple sources because each one has a strength. As I posted, WaPo is terrible on sports, but my other sources fill in those blanks. Sicem is one of those sources. BBC can't touch it for BU athletics.

I swore I wouldn't engage with you after 5:00 because you are deep into your cups and it isn't productive,

My google skills aren't bad, they are horrible. I hoped you would help but recommending the BBC as a timely source for the Texas legislature just won't do it without a link. You're bluffing. Post your link.

So you DID forget what we were talking about. Of course. Ok let me help you: We were comparing the WaPo as a news source vs the BBC as a news source. I suggested replacing WaPo with the BBC. And then for some reason you complained that the BBC doesn't cover local issues or Big 12 sports. And I pointed out neither does the WaPo. And now here we are with you playing dumb about what we were discussing - your modus operandi when you look foolish.

It doesn't take a pretend law degree to understand basic reading comprehension. My pretend disabled autistic son could run circles around you in that regard, and he's got significant learning disabilities due to his pretend vaccine injury. As I tell my son, slow down and try to paint a picture of what you're reading in your mind. That's helped him immensely. But if that doesn't work, Lindamood Bell did wonders for my pretend disabled son. You might check it out.

With respect to the BBC, I'm not sure what to tell you if you lack basic internet search abilities. This was a story from a few days ago under the US & Canada section of the app. Is today current enough for you?

US-Mexico border: Will a 'floating wall' barrier in the Rio Grande deter migrants?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66183563

Oh and here's that WaPo article you thought I made up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/energy/2023/05/03/texas-bill-tries-to-fence-in-booming-renewables-sector/8ec99684-e9a4-11ed-869e-986dd5713bc8_story.html

But you keep swallowing that propaganda…

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Did you hear Stevie Wonder is getting a divorce? He did not see that s h I t coming!

AckAckAckAckAck!!!! I just love that one.

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Wangchung said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RIP Ashli Babbitt.
She was not armed. We suffer from an army of disinformation brownshirts.

She was a veteran killed by an incompetent, affirmative action hire cop who was obviously a complete idiot and moron but given a pass because he was bleck. If the races were reversed we would have had another $4B in property damage and more than 20 murders ... but the regressives don't believe the bleks are smart enough to reason or process data.
Wangchung
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Wangchung said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RIP Ashli Babbitt.
Yep. Armed with a mob. The protesters took the bait and she was the tip of the spear. Killed by an incompetent cop.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

So you DID forget what we were talking about. Of course. Ok let me help you: We were comparing the WaPo as a news source vs the BBC as a news source. I suggested replacing WaPo with the BBC. And then for some reason you complained that the BBC doesn't cover local issues or Big 12 sports. And I pointed out neither does the WaPo. And now here we are with you playing dumb about what we were discussing - your modus operandi when you look foolish.

It doesn't take a pretend law degree to understand basic reading comprehension. My pretend disabled autistic son could run circles around you in that regard, and he's got significant learning disabilities due to his pretend vaccine injury. As I tell my son, slow down and try to paint a picture of what you're reading in your mind. That's helped him immensely. But if that doesn't work, Lindamood Bell did wonders for my pretend disabled son. You might check it out.

With respect to the BBC, I'm not sure what to tell you if you lack basic internet search abilities. This was a story from a few days ago under the US & Canada section of the app. Is today current enough for you?

US-Mexico border: Will a 'floating wall' barrier in the Rio Grande deter migrants?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/energy/2023/05/03/texas-bill-tries-to-fence-in-booming-renewables-sector/8ec99684-e9a4-11ed-869e-986dd5713bc8_story.html

Burnishing your Father of the Year credentials by using your son's disability to insult an anonymous poster? Classy. That's one thing that makes me think you made him up during the vaccine controversy. Hard to believe a father would use a son in that manner.

You trust a foreign government controlled news source for news about Texas politics? That's fine. I prefer a variety of sources.
sombear
Mitch Blood Green said:

sombear said:

Worst part of this to me is there are millions of Trumpers who do not believe or just don't know that this kind of stuff happened on J6. They truly buy into the peaceful protest/cops let everyone in narrative. Sad.

Some, no doubt, but others, if all they watch/read is Fox and Newsmax, they truly may not know. I hate to say this b/c they are amazing people, but I count close family among them. I was shocked by the discussions we had last month.
4th and Inches
sombear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

sombear said:

Some, no doubt, but others, if all they watch/read is Fox and Newsmax, they truly may not know. I hate to say this b/c they are amazing people, but I count close family among them. I was shocked by the discussions we had last month.
sadly the ones that dont know the truth about Jan 6 are the ones that knew the truth about Hunter and The Big Guy..

The fact that our country has no real news source that doesnt carry a bias has people scrambling for water but all they find is sand
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Burnishing your Father of the Year credentials by using your son's disability to insult an anonymous poster? Classy. That's one thing that makes me think you made him up during the vaccine controversy. Hard to believe a father would use a son in that manner.

You trust a foreign government controlled news source for news about Texas politics? That's fine. I prefer a variety of sources.
My son doesn't have a disability, remember? Recall that anything you disagree with is a lie and made up. You've clearly communicated on these boards (and in personal messages) that I am lying about having a disabled son, lying that he was injured by a vaccine, and lying about being a lawyer. You've said all these things both on these boards and in private about me and my son, but I'm the unclassy one? I guess that only makes sense in that pea you call a brain.

So when you've been embarrassed and proven the fool that you are, you change your argument. Now, that I've shown you what I said about both the BBC and WaPo is true, now your argument is I trust a "foreign government controlled" news source over a liberal rag like the WaPo. It's interesting how your positions evolve once they've been proven ridiculous.

Indeed, I do trust a well-respected British news organization over the leftist propaganda you swallow down like gin at a sorority party.

Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

My son doesn't have a disability, remember? Recall that anything you disagree with is a lie and made up. You've clearly communicated on these boards (and in personal messages) that I am lying about having a disabled son, lying that he was injured by a vaccine, and lying about being a lawyer. You've said all these things both on these boards and in private about me and my son, but I'm the unclassy one? I guess that only makes sense in that pea you call a brain.

So when you've been embarrassed and proven the fool that you are, you change your argument. Now, that I've shown you what I said about both the BBC and WaPo is true, now your argument is I trust a "foreign government controlled" news source over a liberal rag like the WaPo. It's interesting how your positions evolve once they've been proven ridiculous.

Indeed, I do trust a well-respected British news organization over the leftist propaganda you swallow down like gin at a sorority party.
You posted it. Now you complain about it?

"My pretend disabled autistic son could run circles around you in that regard, and he's got significant learning disabilities due to his pretend vaccine injury. As I tell my son, slow down and try to paint a picture of what you're reading in your mind. That's helped him immensely. But if that doesn't work, Lindamood Bell did wonders for my pretend disabled son. You might check it out."
Mothra
sombear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

sombear said:

This exists on both sides of the spectrum. I have well-intentioned cousins who watch CNN and don't venture too far outside of that network for their news. It's incredible how in the dark they are on certain issues, and how skewed their perspective is against reality.

By way of example, to this day they remain convinced that Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election, despite even the special counsel saying there is absolutely no evidence of same. To this day, they remain convinced that everything the talking heads at CNN told them for years is true.

It's why it's good to have a wide variety of news sources, and to stay away from those sources who pedal opinion and propaganda.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

"My pretend disabled autistic son could run circles around you in that regard, and he's got significant learning disabilities due to his pretend vaccine injury. As I tell my son, slow down and try to paint a picture of what you're reading in your mind. That's helped him immensely. But if that doesn't work, Lindamood Bell did wonders for my pretend disabled son. You might check it out."
Are you as big a fool as you play on these boards? I was mocking your position, numnuts.

You truly are one of the dumbest posters on this board. You add absolutely nothing with your takes.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Are you as big a fool as you play on these boards? I was mocking your position, numnuts.

You truly are one of the dumbest posters on this board. You add absolutely nothing with your takes.
Coming from the Father of the year, it is high praise. Thanks.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Coming from the Father of the year, it is high praise. Thanks.
Now you think I am a dad? Huh. I thought that was all just a big lie in your pea brain.

You're a waste of bandwidth.
Forest Bueller_bf
Osodecentx said:

What a dumbass. Her unapoligetic diatribe in court probably probably added to her sentence.
sombear
Mothra said:

sombear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

sombear said:

This exists on both sides of the spectrum. I have well-intentioned cousins who watch CNN and don't venture too far outside of that network for their news. It's incredible how in the dark they are on certain issues, and how skewed their perspective is against reality.

By way of example, to this day they remain convinced that Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election, despite even the special counsel saying there is absolutely no evidence of same. To this day, they remain convinced that everything the talking heads at CNN told them for years is true.

It's why it's good to have a wide variety of news sources, and to stay away from those sources who pedal opinion and propaganda.
100% agree. I know a lot of those folks too.
Mitch Blood Green
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RIP Ashli Babbitt.

You know the difference between you and her? She decided to do some level 10 FA and FO.

whiterock
Mitch Blood Green said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RIP Ashli Babbitt.

You know the difference between you and her? She decided to do some level 10 FA and FO.

LOL sho nuff
Osodecentx
Michigan indicts alleged plotters in fake elector scheme.

The allegations detailed in Nessel's affidavit are compelling: The Republican fake electors met clandestinely at the GOP headquarters, were not allowed to take in their phones and took an oath of secrecy. The Republicans falsely attested that they had met in the legislature and were "duly organized" and that they had proceeded in "the manner provided by law." That phony slate was then submitted to the U.S. Senate and to the National Archives.

A model prosecution memo recently released by Just Security, an online forum for analysis of U.S. policy on law, rights and security, described how Trump and his cronies organized Republicans in battleground states that Biden had won, including Michigan, "to sign and submit false certificates claiming that they were the authorized to cast votes, on behalf of their respective states, in the Electoral College for Donald Trump."

The memo described how the plan played out in Michigan:
In Michigan, according to the testimony of Laura Cox, the former leader of Michigan's Republican Party, an individual who claimed "he was working with the [Trump] campaign" was coordinating with so-called electors. … These fraudulent electors had a plan, which Cox described as "insane and inappropriate," to meet the day before the Electoral College was scheduled to meet and hide in Michigan's Capitol building overnight so they could later bolster their claim that their electoral ballot certificates were legitimate because they had fulfilled the requirement under Michigan law that electoral votes be cast in that building.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/07/18/michigan-charges-alleged-fake-electors/
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

The allegations detailed in Nessel's affidavit are compelling: The Republican fake electors met clandestinely at the GOP headquarters, were not allowed to take in their phones and took an oath of secrecy. The Republicans falsely attested that they had met in the legislature and were "duly organized" and that they had proceeded in "the manner provided by law." That phony slate was then submitted to the U.S. Senate and to the National Archives.

A model prosecution memo recently released by Just Security, an online forum for analysis of U.S. policy on law, rights and security, described how Trump and his cronies organized Republicans in battleground states that Biden had won, including Michigan, "to sign and submit false certificates claiming that they were the authorized to cast votes, on behalf of their respective states, in the Electoral College for Donald Trump."

In Michigan, according to the testimony of Laura Cox, the former leader of Michigan's Republican Party, an individual who claimed "he was working with the [Trump] campaign" was coordinating with so-called electors. … These fraudulent electors had a plan, which Cox described as "insane and inappropriate," to meet the day before the Electoral College was scheduled to meet and hide in Michigan's Capitol building overnight so they could later bolster their claim that their electoral ballot certificates were legitimate because they had fulfilled the requirement under Michigan law that electoral votes be cast in that building.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/07/18/michigan-charges-alleged-fake-electors/

the effort by Dems to prosecute this is actually quite alarming.

BOTH parties elect slates of electors for every presidential election. State statute defines which ones get to cast votes, and which don't, what are rules for each elector...'faithless electors," etc......

So an "alternate slate" is not a one-off thing. There are 50 alternate slates in every election. Having the alternate slate of electors in place and ready to vote should the state election be overturned is, well, alarming. It's defining common sense contingency planning as a criminal conspiracy.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

BOTH parties elect slates of electors for every presidential election. State statute defines which ones get to cast votes, and which don't, what are rules for each elector...'faithless electors," etc......

So an "alternate slate" is not a one-off thing. There are 50 alternate slates in every election. Having the alternate slate of electors in place and ready to vote should the state election be overturned is, well, alarming. It's defining common sense contingency planning as a criminal conspiracy.
Do other states submit their alternate slates to the Congress and the National Archives?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Do other states submit their alternate slates to the Congress and the National Archives?
not exactly a relevant question, the more relevant question would be "can this state or any other state submit their alternate slates to the Congress and the National Archives?"

–Horace

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

not exactly a relevant question, the more relevant question would be "can this state or any other state submit their alternate slates to the Congress and the National Archives?"
Okay.
Can Michigan or any other state submit their alternate slates to the Congress and the National Archives?
More relevant, can a political party that lost the election submit their alternate slate? Michigan Republicans did this without authority.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Okay.
Can Michigan or any other state submit their alternate slates to the Congress and the National Archives?
More relevant, can a political party that lost the election submit their alternate slate? Michigan Republicans did this without authority.
yes they can, sending contested slates of electors is not illegal there are protocols to rectify contested slates between Dec 16 and Jan 6th,

your clarity on the winner now was an assumption of who the winner was when the electors were sent(if the electors werent sent and the state overturned the original results, there is an issue.. if they send and the state doesnt change then you just scrap as outlines in the federal counting proceedure), your assumption they did without authority is just that.. they Interpreted a series of election rules different than you.

–Horace

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Okay.
yes they can, sending contested slates of electors is not illegal there are protocols to rectify contested slates between Dec 16 and Jan 6th,

your clarity on the winner now was an assumption of who the winner was when the electors were sent(if the electors werent sent and the state overturned the original results, there is an issue.. if they send and the state doesnt change then you just scrap as outlines in the federal counting proceedure), your assumption they did without authority is just that.. they Interpreted a series of election rules different than you.
No, they can't send a document claiming the actual loser of the election was the winner. The Certificate of Votes comes from the State of Michigan and is certified by the governor after the votes are canvassed.

This group forged a Certificate of Votes, sent it to the Archives claiming to be legitimate. They didn't send it in case a court changed the outcome. If a court changed the result, that would be forwarded by the Satate of Michigan.

Check this affidavit:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23880299-fake-electors-affidavit
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Okay.

No, they can't send a document claiming the actual loser of the election was the winner. The Certificate of Votes comes from the State of Michigan and is certified by the governor after the votes are canvassed.

This group forged a Certificate of Votes, sent it to the Archives claiming to be legitimate. They didn't send it in case a court changed the outcome. If a court changed the result, that would be forwarded by the Satate of Michigan.

Check this affidavit:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23880299-fake-electors-affidavit

you filled in your arguement with things i didnt say.. awesome, i leave you to continue to argue with your self.

–Horace

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.