Oldbear83 said:Oldbear83 said:
Worship God alone.
Posting this again, since at least one seems to have missed my thoughts on the topic.
Maybe you're the one missing something? That your post doesn't answer the question?
Again - clarity and truth.
Oldbear83 said:Oldbear83 said:
Worship God alone.
Posting this again, since at least one seems to have missed my thoughts on the topic.
Oldbear83 said:Oldbear83 said:
Worship God alone.
Posting this again, since at least one seems to have missed my thoughts on the topic.
Oldbear83 said:
BUDOS made an excellent post, and cited relevant Scripture in support of it.
Why aren't we discussing that Scripture?
Oldbear83 said:
There has been some talk about the fruit of being a Christian.
Thing is, good fruit should be of good flavor and fresh.
Sour or bitter fruit has no worth.
historian said:
Thanks for sharing. This is what I was thinking about, especially the passages in Galatians & Colossians. IIRC, there is something in Romans as well.
Oldbear83 said:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22
" For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[e] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light."
Colossians 1:9-12
"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."
James 3:17
Oldbear83 said:historian said:
Thanks for sharing. This is what I was thinking about, especially the passages in Galatians & Colossians. IIRC, there is something in Romans as well.
Yes there is. Frankly, Paul makes clear how we are to present the Gospel:
"Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
1 Corinthians 9:19-23
That is, we serve the Gospel by making it relevant to the people who hear it, and making it appealing.
With patience, not threats.
With visible joy, not anger.
With humility, not the arrogance of thinking we are better than those we hope to persuade.
BUDOS said:
It is fascinating that a general discussion about the Apostle Paul's call to humility, patience, and visible joy felt like a personal attack to you. Oldbear83 didn't name anyone; you inserted yourself into that description.
Scripture warns heavily against the type of arrogance that uses 'righteous anger' as a mask for personal pride and discord. If a reminder to share the Gospel with humility and patience angers you, that is a heart issue between you and Godnot a theological error on our part.
It preferred that this dialogue dialogue here in peace. If you cannot engage without fabrications and hostility, you are welcome to find another thread.
BUDOS said:
BTD,
The irony of you claiming to expose 'darkness' while treating good people with such consistent arrogance and disdain is staggering. You aren't protecting God's honor; you are just a bully hiding behind a Bible, looking down on others from a high horse you built for yourself.
Your posts are a perfect modern execution of Luke 18:9confident in your own righteousness while looking down on everyone else with contempt. Jesus had plenty to say about religious hypocrites who stood around projecting their own holiness while treating others with disdain. You are a textbook modern Pharisee.
It must be exhausting to constantly look down on everyone, convinced you are the only 'true Christian' in the room. Your predictable pattern of demeaning others, rewriting history, and throwing spiritual tantrums when called out has grown incredibly tiresome. Everyone here sees your 'righteous anger' for exactly what it is: a fragile ego that lashes out whenever it is challenged. Frankly, it's just sad.
You aren't fooling anyone, BTD. I am entirely finished indulging your toxic behavior because you have absolutely nothing of value or grace to offer. Go ahead and type out your next angry block of text to save faceI know your ego desperately needs the last wordbut I am done giving your hostility a platform. At least for now. Have the night you deserve."
Fre3dombear said:
The reason we know Jesus has no brothers and sisters (from the same Womb) is from his own Words
Sam Lowry said:
BTD doesn't understand Catholicism
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:Sam Lowry said:
BTD doesn't understand Catholicism
Everyone can see that I'm literally quoting your church's own popes, Doctors, official prayers, and catechisms.
No one is buying your gas lighting.
And ironically, based on some of your most recent comments, it appears that YOU are the one who doesn't understand, or at least believe in, Roman Catholicism. Which if true, I see as a good thing.
Oldbear83 said:Fre3dombear said:
The reason we know Jesus has no brothers and sisters (from the same Womb) is from his own Words
If you are standing on the verse I think you are, then you are also claiming Jesus said He has no mother.
"It's not gimmicky, it's godly. If you ever go to church and find yourself bored, blame the communicator, the pastor, don't blame God."
— Protestia (@Protestia) September 30, 2026
Megachurch pastor responds to folks criticizing him for driving a Rolls Royce on stage for a church sermon illustration. pic.twitter.com/mNaxogGG8P
Sam Lowry said:BusyTarpDuster2017 said:Sam Lowry said:
BTD doesn't understand Catholicism
Everyone can see that I'm literally quoting your church's own popes, Doctors, official prayers, and catechisms.
No one is buying your gas lighting.
And ironically, based on some of your most recent comments, it appears that YOU are the one who doesn't understand, or at least believe in, Roman Catholicism. Which if true, I see as a good thing.
Quoting and understanding aren't the same thing.
Oldbear83 said:Fre3dombear said:
The reason we know Jesus has no brothers and sisters (from the same Womb) is from his own Words
If you are standing on the verse I think you are, then you are also claiming Jesus said He has no mother.
Fre3dombear said:Oldbear83 said:Fre3dombear said:
The reason we know Jesus has no brothers and sisters (from the same Womb) is from his own Words
If you are standing on the verse I think you are, then you are also claiming Jesus said He has no mother.
Please show your work