Khashoggi

27,376 Views | 292 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
During 41's term I heard Sec. Baker speak on the subject of how the US should choose its level of foreign involvement. His calculus was shared values. Democratically elected govts, rule of law, things like that. If he mentioned economic interests I don't remember it.

Mainly it was a clear break with Kissinger-style diplomacy.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
GrowlTowel
HuMcK said:

Let's see how the US responds, do we call out an obvious lie or play along with it?

Like the hateful video?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Canada2017
Muslims kill another Muslim. Don't care.

Better to focus on our own people who are murdered in the US everyday by criminals, drugs and drunk drivers .
Baylor3216
Here's a bigger risk to the Americans everyperson's life

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Doc Holliday said:

The news says "Sources have said there's audio and video of Jamal being killed" \,

So then they breathlessly report exactly how he was murdered because they have heard the tapes!! Then they ask Trump, or Pompeo. They deny, the stock market drops. Then in the middle of the night, Morning Turkey time, Turkey says uh yea this audio proof we definitely have, uh ya we haven't let America or Saudi Arabia hear it yet. But it FOR SURE exists! Saudi Arabia bad! The shilling here is so obvious at this point.

Trump was correct too compare this to Kavanaugh. Its been two weeks now with ZERO proof of any kind. Technically Khashoggi is a missing person. Even the fake news its starting to question things, the honest ones anyway. Its almost like everyone knows the official story is BS, but they are hoping the political and emotional pressure will get Saudi Arabia too fold. I don't think that's going to happen.
The Saudis have admitted that he was murdered. I am sure that all of those that have been "arrested" will be dead before they can be questioned by a third party. Trump needs to deal with this. It stinks to high heaven. Getting murdered in a fistfight is much more palatable than a beaheading, but it is what it is. The guy is still just as dead.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
Baylor3216 said:

How many Americans did Hondurans kill last year?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Malbec
quash said:

Baylor3216 said:

Last year? Quite a few more than Saudis killed, I'm sure.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I have a really bad feeling that Trump is going to let this go, which I think will be a huge mistake. Apparently Trump is buying the "he was killed in a fistfight" story.

-- Barack Obama
HuMcK
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I have a really bad feeling that Trump is going to let this go, which I think will be a huge mistake. Apparently Trump is buying the "he was killed in a fistfight" story.

Yours is a very charitable interpretation of events. He doesn't actually believe that story, he just thinks (knows) the majority of his supporters don't care or are themselves indoctrinated enough to believe it. Trump has always been a conman who doesn't believe a large portion of what he says, it's all just a means to an end.
Doc Holliday
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Doc Holliday said:

The news says "Sources have said there's audio and video of Jamal being killed" \,

So then they breathlessly report exactly how he was murdered because they have heard the tapes!! Then they ask Trump, or Pompeo. They deny, the stock market drops. Then in the middle of the night, Morning Turkey time, Turkey says uh yea this audio proof we definitely have, uh ya we haven't let America or Saudi Arabia hear it yet. But it FOR SURE exists! Saudi Arabia bad! The shilling here is so obvious at this point.

Trump was correct too compare this to Kavanaugh. Its been two weeks now with ZERO proof of any kind. Technically Khashoggi is a missing person. Even the fake news its starting to question things, the honest ones anyway. Its almost like everyone knows the official story is BS, but they are hoping the political and emotional pressure will get Saudi Arabia too fold. I don't think that's going to happen.
The Saudis have admitted that he was murdered. I am sure that all of those that have been "arrested" will be dead before they can be questioned by a third party. Trump needs to deal with this. It stinks to high heaven. Getting murdered in a fistfight is much more palatable than a beaheading, but it is what it is. The guy is still just as dead.
Trump will handle it.

But what's crazy is the lefties expect us to make this into a big scandal while they totally blew off Benghazi as a nothingburger.
Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

What should Trump do about this?
Gunny Hartman
Hopefully Trump recognizes that the average American doesn't GAF a lick about this. This "scandal" is all an artificial creation of the leftist media and the mindless drones that take their marching orders from them. Baylor folks should be quite familiar with such a tactic.
bubbadog
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

For starters, how about closing Saudi consulates in the US for a time -- say, one year?
Use your consulates to murder other countries' citizens, and you don't get to have consulates anymore.
Osodecentx
bubbadog said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

For starters, how about closing Saudi consulates in the US for a time -- say, one year?
Use your consulates to murder other countries' citizens, and you don't get to have consulates anymore.

I'm not going to defend K's murder, but wanted to clarify his status in USA.

Khashoggi was living in the United States on an "O" visa, according to his employer the Washington Post. Also known as the "genius" visa, the O offers individuals of "extraordinary ability and achievement" temporary residence for up to three years. Three of Khashoggi's children are US citizens, and he is believed to have been applying for a legal permanent residence in the US, also known as a green card.
Trump has also argued that the billions in arms sales to the Saudi are ultimately more important than Khashoggi's life. This position is publicly backed by just a handful of US politicians and evangelical leader Pat Robertson. In contrast, a growing, bipartisan group of senators and representatives are calling to investigate the disappearance and sanction any high-ranking Saudis involved.
So what kind of justice does the US owe Khashoggi? Yes, temporary residents' protections are limited under US law. But international law, the US constitution and historic precedent suggest the Trump administration does, in fact, have a responsibility to the missing journalist.
Protection under US domestic law
The US constitution protects any person on US soilno matter what their statusand US citizens overseas. In 1896, the US Supreme Court ruled that "even an immigrant who had broken immigration law still had the right to make his case to a judge before being 'deprived of life, liberty, or property.' "

US citizens who live or travel overseas can expect aid from the US State Department, as part of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, a 1963 treaty. Lawful permanent residents (LPR), or green card holders "generally are not entitled to emergency and protective services provided by the U.S. Government," the US statue says, except "when an LPR applicant has exceptionally close and strong ties to the United States, and overriding humanitarian and compassionate grounds exist."
What exactly constitutes exceptional close and strong ties, or humanitarian grounds is decided on a "case by case basis," a State Department official told Quartz.
But someone holding a temporary worker's visa, like an O-Visa, isn't technically entitled to US consular protection. If they were traveling abroad and needed assistance, they would be directed to the embassy of their own citizenship. In cases when the US is, for example, evacuating US citizens from a disaster overseas, however, it would likely also evacuate their non-citizen relatives.
https://qz.com/1428499/jamal-khashoggi-what-trump-owes-khashoggi-under-us-law-and-constitution/
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Agree with Bubba. Kick all their diplomats out the U.S. and get all of ours out of Saudi Arabia. That would be a good start. See where things go from there.

Remember, 15 of the 19 9-11 hijackers were Saudi Arabian citizens. As far as I'm concerned, they can go **** themselves.

So do you think Trump should do nothing?

-- Barack Obama
riflebear
I was curious what outrageous fake outrage the media would come up with a few weeks prior to the election to distract from all the GOP winning but I never could have dreamed of this.

They want this investigated like the JFK assasination but when the Republicans tried to investigate actual Americans dying in Benghazi they made up a fake story to cover their a$$ and then Hillary goes before Congress during the investigation and says "what difference does it make?" But now they care? LOL

Trump should come out on TV and troll the media and say What difference does it make?
HuMcK
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Back off our support for the war in Yemen, or at least threaten too. Sanctions are an option as well.
Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

What should Trump do about this?olds a ty visaemporary
Agree with Bubba. Kick all their diplomats out the U.S. and get all of ours out of Saudi Arabia. That would be a good start. See where things go from there.

Remember, 15 of the 19 9-11 hijackers were Saudi Arabian citizens. As far as I'm concerned, they can go **** themselves.

So do you think Trump should do nothing?
I'm thinking about this issue.

Things I wouldn't do: declare war on Saudi Arabia or do nothing.

I wouldn't do anything based on the 9-11 hijackers. I don't believe Saudi Arabia sanctioned the attacks 17 years ago.

It appears they did sanction the murder of one of their citizens on their territory. Khashoggi holds a temporary visa and has applied for US citizenship

From an earlier post:
Khashoggi was living in the United States on an "O" visa, according to his employer the Washington Post. Also known as the "genius" visa, the O offers individuals of "extraordinary ability and achievement" temporary residence for up to three years. Three of Khashoggi's children are US citizens, and he is believed to have been applying for a legal permanent residence in the US, also known as a green card.

IOW, I don't know
HuMcK
riflebear said:

I was curious what outrageous fake outrage the media would come up with a few weeks prior to the election to distract from all the GOP winning but I never could have dreamed of this.

They want this investigated like the JFK murders but when the Republicans tried to investigate actual Americans dying in Benghazi they made up a fake story to cover their a$$ and then Hillary goes before Congress during the investigation and says "what difference does it make?"

Trump should come out on TV and troll the media and say What difference does it make?

Hopefully one day Trump will get his opportunity to go before Congress under oath. I doubt he could stand the 11hr marathon that quote came from.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Back off our support for the war in Yemen, or at least threaten too. Sanctions are an option as well.
Interesting idea. Would you still sell them weapons?
HuMcK
Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Interesting idea. Would you still sell them weapons?

Sure, they're still useful as counterweight to Iran. We could reduce what we sell to them, or bust them down a tier in terms of what level of technology we export to them. If we really wanted to punish them some of their dark secrets would start to leak online Panama Papers-style, but I imagine that's very much a Mutually Assured Destruction scenario for the current administration.

Realistically the goal here should be some kind of reining in of MbS, he's proven to be the kind of ruler we shouldn't leave unchecked, ally or not. Making them carry more of the burden in Yemen could be a way to that.
quash
Malbec said:

quash said:

Baylor3216 said:

Prove it. You may be right, but I asked for numbers, not comparisons.
quash
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Honor the arms agreements except for replacement parts for the fighter jets we sold them. Stops the killing of civilians in Yemen and punishes the house of Saud for Khashoggi murder.
Malbec
quash said:

Malbec said:

quash said:

Baylor3216 said:

Prove it. You may be right, but I asked for numbers, not comparisons.
Okay, but first I need you to give me the numbers on how many Sri Lankans killed how many Aleutians in 2007.
Mitch Blood Green
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Trump will sell what he thinks you will buy.
GrowlTowel
tommie said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Trump will sell what he thinks you will buy.

So no video this time?
Moondoggie
Carlos Safety said:

One fewer member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Ho-hum.

Let's discredit without basis the man who was alive while they cut off finger after finger and beheaded him.

The "Muslim brotherhood "smoke screen is just that...a smoke screen.
Quit watching The Five for God's sake
Gunny Hartman
pitchman said:

Carlos Safety said:

Let's discredit without basis the man who was alive while they cut off finger after finger and beheaded him.

Do you deny that he was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood? If not, do you deny that they are radical islamist terrorist group?

I await your answer with bated breath.
GrowlTowel
pitchman said:

Carlos Safety said:

Just the JV team. Nothing to see here.

Now how about some NCAA picks?
Gunny Hartman

And Kurt Schlichter with more truth bombs

Gunny Hartman
No MSM outrage for this. Strange. It's almost like they have an agenda or sumtin.

Buddha Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Why are you guys more upset about some foreigners murdering another foreigner in another country than you are about an illegal alien foreigner murdering American citizen Kate Steinle in this country?
Not sure how 2 unrelated events are a partisan issue.

Both are tragic. Deport the illegals, certainly the criminals first, and anyone with a criminal record.

Protect journalists, and call out countries for their human rights issues. Scary that a hit squad can come in with a bone saw, kill someone and make a body disappear at an embassy. If Iran did that we'd be getting capitalized Trump tweets all week. Let the sanctions begin.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I do agree the fallout will be minimal in the U.S. regardless of the stand that Trump takes. A certain group of Americans did not care about four Americans killed in Benghazi, Libya. Not sure why they would care about a rogue Saudi journalist killed in his home country.

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
Buddha Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Why are you guys more upset about some foreigners murdering another foreigner in another country than you are about an illegal alien foreigner murdering American citizen Kate Steinle in this country?

Both are tragic. Deport the illegals, certainly the criminals first, and anyone with a criminal record.

Protect journalists, and call out countries for their human rights issues. Scary that a hit squad can come in with a bone saw, kill someone and make a body disappear at an embassy. If Iran did that we'd be getting capitalized Trump tweets all week. Let the sanctions begin.
The issue I have is that I don't believe the left's outrage because they are not outraged at this happening on our own soil.

Gunny Hartman
Doc Holliday said:

Buddha Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

The issue I have is that I don't believe the left's outrage because they are not outraged at this happening on our own soil.

Anyone ever hear about the leftist media covering the ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Burma? No? Strange that. It must be because the Burmese aren't a threat to their beloved Iran.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.