Houston area dining talk

118,565 Views | 1099 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by bularry
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoBearsGo said:

Friday I have a 11am apt with a client. When I am done I will try and grab something togo to bring home to Beaumont for dinner. Where should I go? I'll be in the Bellaire area.
new texmex place from Benji (Local Foods)? Maximo is think is the name, on Edloe in the area. Supposedly pretty good.
CammoTX
GoBearsGo said:

Friday I have a 11am apt with a client. When I am done I will try and grab something togo to bring home to Beaumont for dinner. Where should I go? I'll be in the Bellaire area.

Fadi's Meyerland. If you like Middle East food it's pretty great and reasonably priced for what you get.
bularry
bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

new texmex place from Benji (Local Foods)? Maximo is think is the name, on Edloe in the area. Supposedly pretty good.
Blood Bros bbq is in that area. Also Kriti Kitchen does greek food well, it is in Bellaire.
CammoTX
Houston Restaurant Weeks menu is up online. Roost and Post Oak Grill look looking strong so far.
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

Blood Bros bbq is in that area. Also Kriti Kitchen does greek food well, it is in Bellaire.

Ended up down the road a bit to Aga's for Indian. Then hit Blood Bros for lunch for myself. Aga's was great. Some of our neighbors are Indian and love it. The place was packed.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

Ended up down the road a bit to Aga's for Indian. Then hit Blood Bros for lunch for myself. Aga's was great. Some of our neighbors are Indian and love it. The place was packed.

Agas is great. More Pak than Indian but well loved
GoBearsGo
Favorite brunch spots?
FranchiseBear
Brennans hard to beat. Field and tides is great in the heights. Haven't been there in a yr or so so but been consistent. In the summer when this hot I like option to wear shorts and very ok there.
GoBearsGo
Where do you grab a drink in Houston before or after dinner? Cocktails? Wine?
FranchiseBear
"Houston" covers a lot of area - what part of town are you wanting to grab a drink? And what type of establishment are you in the mood for?
GoBearsGo
FranchiseBear said:

"Houston" covers a lot of area - what part of town are you wanting to grab a drink? And what type of establishment are you in the mood for?

This weekend we will have dinner in the Heights both nights. We usually hit Lei Low one night after dinner and sometimes we hit Johnnys Goldbrick to drink before.

Just looking for some thoughts.
FranchiseBear
FranchiseBear
You've already got some good ones.
A few ideas:
8 row flint - great food truck also
Ez's Liquor lounge during the day
Heights Bier Garden - two sides - one all beer one cocktails
Better luck tomorrow
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

FranchiseBear said:

This weekend we will have dinner in the Heights both nights. We usually hit Lei Low one night after dinner and sometimes we hit Johnnys Goldbrick to drink before.

Just looking for some thoughts.
glad y'all are coming to town, restaurants need our support after losing a week of business.

bularry
FranchiseBear said:

You've already got some good ones.
A few ideas:
8 row flint - great food truck also
Ez's Liquor lounge during the day
Heights Bier Garden - two sides - one all beer one cocktails
Better luck tomorrow
I like BLT a lot, and I've heard good things about Permission. If looking for a wine bar, Padres has a good little vibe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.