Houston area dining talk

102,591 Views | 1070 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by bularry
br53
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amore on Shepherd is the best truffle pasta in Houston. Been 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Girlfriend loves it, clients love it too. Excellent service from Raul, Ricardo and Audi. Anybody who wants to go let me know and I will meet u
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
bularry
br53 said:

Amore on Shepherd is the best truffle pasta in Houston. Been 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Girlfriend loves it, clients love it too. Excellent service from Raul, Ricardo and Audi. Anybody who wants to go let me know and I will meet u
this is my next Italian place to go to... chef was at D'marco's for years
CammoTX
br53 said:

Better than Potente? That was the best I have ever had. Perhaps I need to try Amore
GoBearsGo
OsosDelRioBrazos said:

Trying squable for the first time this weekend... any must have dishes?

And to pay my dues to this excellend thread I will drop a tidbit about Bludorn: 3rd project will be a Bar concept in the Memorial area aiming to open early 2024; signature dish planned to be a wagyu burger
How was squable? It's always one of my favorites.
WILLIS
CammoTX said:

br53 said:

Better than Potente? That was the best I have ever had. Perhaps I need to try Amore

I would recommend Bombetta on West Alabama if we're diving into eye talian
br53
Much better than Potente, which I don't like at all. Service is horrible in my 3 tries there and the food was ehhhh
br53
CammoTX said:

br53 said:

I'll meet you at Amore on Tuesday at 630 if you want to go!
OsosDelRioBrazos
GoBearsGo said:

OsosDelRioBrazos said:

And to pay my dues to this excellend thread I will drop a tidbit about Bludorn: 3rd project will be a Bar concept in the Memorial area aiming to open early 2024; signature dish planned to be a wagyu burger
Sadly they had some sort of power outage and weren't able to open on Friday. I am re-booked for this upcoming weekend
GoBearsGo
OsosDelRioBrazos said:

GoBearsGo said:

OsosDelRioBrazos said:

Sadly they had some sort of power outage and weren't able to open on Friday. I am re-booked for this upcoming weekend

I saw that. The whole weekend they were out. Justin Yu was griping about it on Insta.

bularry
WILLIS said:

CammoTX said:

br53 said:

I would recommend Bombetta on West Alabama if we're diving into eye talian
Divino reborn!!
bularry
just to bump the thread... we tried Benjy Levit's new place Eau Tour a couple of weeks ago for a midweek dinner. Really liked it. Cool space. I wouldn't say it is a destination type place, but if you are looking for a classy but casual experience, check it out.
GoBearsGo
Anyone hit Trill burgers yet
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

Anyone hit Trill burgers yet
crowds be crazy still
CammoTX
Is Nancy's Hustle worth the hype? I finally made reservations but it's not convenient to drive to EaDo.
CTCBear
Yes....its fantastic. Order a ton, but make sure it includes the nancy cakes, someone should get the burger, and the Parmesan cheesecake. Have Justin Vann pair your wines and enjoy.
br53
Need some help for a place tonight and I'm fresh out of ideas.
CammoTX
br53 said:

Merus Grill always delivers.
GoBearsGo
CTCBear said:

Yes....its fantastic. Order a ton, but make sure it includes the nancy cakes, someone should get the burger, and the Parmesan cheesecake. Have Justin Vann pair your wines and enjoy.

Second all the above.
bularry
br53 said:

try Ostia in Montrose... or Little's (Pappa's new seafood spot)

Oops, day late, sorry
br53
bularry said:

br53 said:

try Ostia in Montrose... or Little's (Pappa's new seafood spot)

Oops, day late, sorry

Thanks guys! I'll try a few this weekend. I want to go to XiaoLongKan on Bellaire too.
FranchiseBear
Went to EZ's Liquor Lounge in The Heights over the weekend. It is owned by the same group that owns Coltivare and 8 Row Flint. EZ's is a great casual bar - kind of like a modernized ice house. I highly recommend it if you are in the area and especially if you are eating at Coltivare as it is right next door on White Oak.
br53
Good place inHeights for a nice happy hour today?
FranchiseBear
I think it depends on what you mean by 'nice'. I love Eight Row and EZ's Liquor Lounge - but would not call either upscale if that is what aiming for. For me the Heights is all about low key type places. Still have not been to Better Luck Tomorrow.
br53
Thanks buddy!!
GoBearsGo
FranchiseBear said:

I think it depends on what you mean by 'nice'. I love Eight Row and EZ's Liquor Lounge - but would not call either upscale if that is what aiming for. For me the Heights is all about low key type places. Still have not been to Better Luck Tomorrow.

Love BLT and Eight Row
FranchiseBear
Hit Tacos Dona Lena for lunch. In a food coma. It did not disappoint and my wife loved it too. We got a tostada, Gordita's and birria tacos. Very very good

Angie's Munchies on tap next.
CTCBear
Dona Lena is sooooo good
CammoTX
Where is everyone going for Houston Restaurant Weeks?
bularry
CammoTX said:

I think I'm going to try Money Cat and Graffiti Raw
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

CammoTX said:

I think I'm going to try Money Cat and Graffiti Raw

I'm wanting this try Money Cat. Looks great.
bularry
Went to Elro last night, new place from one of the former Pass & Provisions chefs. We loved it. Small menu and wine list but everything was absolute money. Gonna be a great local spot when it gets cool enough to sit outside at night.
GoBearsGo
Saturday headed to Rosie Cannonball and we have reservations at the bar at March after. Thinking poison girl or Montrose Cheese and Wine before.

Any brunch recs for Sunday am?
CammoTX
GoBearsGo said:

Saturday headed to Rosie Cannonball and we have reservations at the bar at March after. Thinking poison girl or Montrose Cheese and Wine before.

Can't go wrong with Brennan's, esp with Houston Restaurant Weeks fix price menu.
FranchiseBear
Brennans is one of our favorites. It is so hot I wouldn't want to have to get dressed up. If want casual alternative I really like Field & Tide in the Heights. Can wear shorts and great brunch with cocktails.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

How did it go? Love cocktails at March

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.