Houston area dining talk

102,652 Views | 1070 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by bularry
br53
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Los Tios opened on westpark and buffalo. They are awesome, best one around and better that El Tiempo. Drinks are excellent and fajita impress my Latina.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

Saturday headed to Rosie Cannonball and we have reservations at the bar at March after. Thinking poison girl or Montrose Cheese and Wine before.

Any brunch recs for Sunday am?
How did it go? Love cocktails at March

We hit poison girl before for some cheap drinks. Rosie's was great. I always forget about them but each dish was great.

March is just so nice and chill. We could only manage one drink as we were stuffed.

Hit Harry's Sunday am for brunch. Great place.
WILLIS
Coltivare on Saturday was excellent. Hadn't been there in a minute.
bularry
br53 said:

Los Tios opened on westpark and buffalo. They are awesome, best one around and better that El Tiempo. Drinks are excellent and fajita impress my Latina.
I'm a Los Tios fan, too....
GoBearsGo
I have client meetings tomorrow am in Houston and I'm picking up Street to Kitchen take out to bring home for dinner. Can't wait to try it.
CammoTX
Headed back to Nancy's Hustle tomorrow. Always happy for recommendations of what to order
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

I have client meetings tomorrow am in Houston and I'm picking up Street to Kitchen take out to bring home for dinner. Can't wait to try it.
never heard a report on this.....
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

never heard a report on this.....

Freaking awesome. They have a new place in the works but it's attached to a gas station. Ordered on their site a day before and picked up. The flavors were great. At this point I forget what we ordered but it was all fabulous. Will 100% be back.
bularry
CammoTX said:

Headed back to Nancy's Hustle tomorrow. Always happy for recommendations of what to order
how was it? Haven't been in a long while....
CammoTX
bularry said:

CammoTX said:

Decided the drive was too far on a weekday and ended up at Stella's wine bar in a last minute change. Stella's was awesome as usual. Best wine bar in the City and two master sommelier's on staff.
bularry
CammoTX said:

bularry said:

CammoTX said:

Decided the drive was too far on a weekday and ended up at Stella's wine bar in a last minute change. Stella's was awesome as usual. Best wine bar in the City and two master sommelier's on staff.
haven't been, Post Oak such a beating, but it looks great.

had wine with a MS last night, myself.
CammoTX
bularry said:

CammoTX said:

bularry said:

CammoTX said:

haven't been, Post Oak such a beating, but it looks great.

had wine with a MS last night, myself.

For $20 you can let them pour you a flight of whatever they want. Amazing value.
GoBearsGo
Headed to Bologna, Tuscany, and Florence in a couple of weeks. We have 1 3 star and several 1/2 star places we are eating. Some good wineries and two really good Brunellos. Il Marroneto and LeChiuse.

I'll report back in November.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

Headed to Bologna, Tuscany, and Florence in a couple of weeks. We have 1 3 star and several 1/2 star places we are eating. Some good wineries and two really good Brunellos. Il Marroneto and LeChiuse.

Il Marroneto is really nice winery, sounds like a fun trip.

Love to hear your thoughts, we are thinking an Italy trip in 2025.
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

When we get back we need to get with our mutual fiends and we can chat about it. They picked up a couple of 1973 port for me when they went this past summer since I turn 50 in a month.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

When we get back we need to get with our mutual fiends and we can chat about it. They picked up a couple of 1973 port for me when they went this past summer since I turn 50 in a month.
I'm in!
bularry
Let's get everyone's Chronicle top 100 list takes....
CammoTX
bularry said:

Let's get everyone's Chronicle top 100 list takes....

Need to hit up Little Oyster Bar!

Nice to see Brennan's back in the top 25. Last time I was there it was underwhelming so hopefully they have righted the ship because it's one of my favorites.
FranchiseBear
Father/son (high school freshman) breakfast Saturday morning. We hit 7 taco on Long Point. I really liked it... son likes Summit better. We are going to start hitting more hole in the wall spots. What is your favorite breakfast taco in Houston?
bularry
FranchiseBear said:

Father/son (high school freshman) breakfast Saturday morning. We hit 7 taco on Long Point. I really liked it... son likes Summit better. We are going to start hitting more hole in the wall spots. What is your favorite breakfast taco in Houston?
man, I don't ever get out to eat these much... used to love Tornado Taco in Mo City (on 1092) and would go there a lot on Fri or Sat mornings to pick them up

GoBearsGo
In Bologna and it's lovely. Food city for sure. Have toured a Parmesan farm and a winery that makes basalmic vinegar age up to 25 years. Amazing stuff.

Had a 9 course tasting menu at Il Portici (1star) and it was very good. Only mistake was we stated drinking wine around noon and then had some cocktails later in the afternoon so by dinner we were feeling good. Then we had a local wine pairing with the 9 courses and by the end I thought I was going to have to lay down in the dining room floor.

bularry
Quote:

by the end I thought I was going to have to lay down in the dining room floor
i've been there..

great pics! thanks for sharing, very jealous
GoBearsGo
We are staying at the Rosewood Castilglion Del Bosco and it's unreal. Basically rebuilt a small town as a 5 star hotel. They have a 1 star Michelin as the main restaurant. Had dinner there twice so far. The meats were mainly game or seafood. The vegetarian tasting was excellent. Had a very nice brunello to go with it. One more day then off to Florence.

GoBearsGo
Enoteca Pinchiorri is a three star Michelin in Florence. We did the champagne tasting and wine cellar tour. Their cellar is unreal. The age of the bottles, the quality and quantity. Just unreal.

Food and service we spectacular.

I'm sure we disappointed them by doing our burgundy wine pairing at $550E each. Other tables had multiple bottles of Patrus opened, one table was opening a 1959 something. It was a huge show with heated tongs.

I don't take any photos of the food but some of the cellar.

bularry
damn, that's a heck of a cellar...

$550 for Burgundy pairing sounds fair (depending on the wines, of course)
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

damn, that's a heck of a cellar...

$550 for Burgundy pairing sounds fair (depending on the wines, of course)

It was 2 reds and a white. And it was easily a 2 bottles for four people per pour. All were great. The one we took a photo of looks to retail for about 150 but doesn't show any availability.
GoBearsGo
Where have yall been lately?
bularry
We tried Amore earlier this week. Eh

Some people love it, though
GoBearsGo
Made a reservation for NavyBlu in December. Looking forward to it.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

Made a reservation for NavyBlu in December. Looking forward to it.

Taking the family to Bludorn in December.

Be curious to get your thoughts on Navy
bularry
Went to Zanti Friday night with a friend who was in town. Food was pretty good, very lively atmosphere on a Friday night, that's for sure.
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

Went to Zanti Friday night with a friend who was in town. Food was pretty good, very lively atmosphere on a Friday night, that's for sure.

Have to look it up. Haven't heard anything about it.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

bularry said:

Have to look it up. Haven't heard anything about it.
their original restaurant was in the Woodlands. They opened 2nd location on W Grey earlier this year. Really nice bar area
CammoTX
Going to Turners next weekend and need recommendations on what to order
FranchiseBear
From what I've heard a larger line of credit!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.