Football
Sponsored by

Selling beer at Mclane

32,900 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by T-REX
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All schools want it. Now, Baylor will need to work it's way around the people who don't understand why it is a good thing.
Hopefully, the league will make it mandatory. These schools should profit off letting all the drunk or buzzed people enter their property for a change. It is a better controlled environment having it drank inside the building.
The high schools should sale alcohol as well.

Booze are sold in the club levels at every venue. It's profitable and gives people incentives to attend games. I m no big money donor but I d purchase where booze are sold and pay much more for the tickets.

Oklahoma State having better business acumen than Baylor is sicking.

Wichitabear
Your just being sarcastic, right? High schools sell alcohol? No
Backporch
TCU started selling beer at Lupton (baseball) this season and will sell beer at Amon Carter for football season this fall.
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

Cmon man....
xiledinok
Wichitabear said:

No, I believe alcohol sales would be appropriate at high school levels. You don't try to sell 12 kegs a high school ball game. It is okay to run out of booze too.
I control the booze on my property. Colleges and high schools should be given the privilege. It is naive to think it is not present.
In truth, colleges ought to be trying sell 12 kegs in about 90 minutes.
BUbearinARK
I will suggest we don't sell keystone light at TCU games.
I’m an optimist!

And /S in case I missed it

TE
Matthew Klopfenstein 1 catch/5 yds
Wichitabear
You come on man!!! I teach high school and we are constantly fighting this! Have had several deaths from alcohol related.
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

You come on man!!! I teach high school and we are constantly fighting this! Have had several deaths from alcohol related.

Forgive me if I assume many of them involved an automobile.
DustyM
xiledinok said:

All schools want it. Now, Baylor will need to work it's way around the people who don't understand why it is a good thing.
Hopefully, the league will make it mandatory. These schools should profit off letting all the drunk or buzzed people enter their property for a change. It is a better controlled environment having it drank inside the building.
The high schools should sale alcohol as well.

Booze are sold in the club levels at every venue. It's profitable and gives people incentives to attend games. I m no big money donor but I d purchase where booze are sold and pay much more for the tickets.

Oklahoma State having better business acumen than Baylor is sicking.

I knew you were a little off the deep end, but damn, high school. You obviously don't remember high school or have high school age kids. That is not a good idea, by any stretch of the imagination. WOW, your really loosing it.
DustyM
xiledinok said:

Wichitabear said:

No, I believe alcohol sales would be appropriate at high school levels. You don't try to sell 12 kegs a high school ball game. It is okay to run out of booze too.
I control the booze on my property. Colleges and high schools should be given the privilege. It is naive to think it is not present.
You have seriously lost it. Put away the drugs and straighten your mind out. High school, seriously, what next, Jr. High.
PartyBear
Actually I went to the Midway state championship game and honestly don't remember. Do they sell beer at that?
Russell Gym
PartyBear said:

Actually I went to the Midway state championship game and honestly don't remember. Do they sell beer at that?

This is the question I expect from a PartyBear.
xiledinok
DustyM said:

xiledinok said:

Wichitabear said:

You have seriously lost it. Put away the drugs and straighten your mind out. High school, seriously, what next, Jr. High.

Maybe not for small towns but some of these 6A schools could handle it. These teenagers know it's for the adults and you can bet that it will sell.
They allows 4 teams from each District in the playoffs. You need to drug test those participation loving administrators.
Some 6A high schools and districts can handle it at this point.
PartyBear
Russell Gym said:

PartyBear said:

This is the question I expect from a PartyBear.

Lol
Bro
Nguyen One Soon said:

beardoc said:

Russell Gym said:

It's Baptist ideology you have to watch out for. I'm not sure all Christian denominations are as strict on alcohol as Baptists.
At Valparaiso (a Lutheran school), their fight song is "Beer Barrel Polka".
Lutherans and Episcopalians drink, Baptists and Methodists don't. But where you find four Baptists, you'll find a fifth. Contracting with the Baylor Club was done so to put distance between booze and Baylor.

Go fishing with one baptist, you (and he) can drink all the beer you want. Go fishing with two baptists, beer isn't drunk.
LionBear
DustyM said:

xiledinok said:

Wichitabear said:

The "No Child Left Unintoxicated Act"....not sure I would sponsor that bill in the State house. LOL
xiledinok
TV55 said:

DustyM said:

xiledinok said:

Wichitabear said:

The "No Child Left Unintoxicated Act"....not sure I would sponsor that bill in the State house. LOL

You guys are scared it might catch on because it doesn't fit your 1990s business model for college or high school athletics. These helmets and pads cost money.
Many schools outside of the south are dropping high school football. It's not worth the cost to the schools.
LionBear
xiledinok said:

TV55 said:

DustyM said:

xiledinok said:

Wichitabear said:

You guys are scared it might catch on because it doesn't fit your 1990s business model for college or high school athletics. These helmets and pads cost money.
Many schools outside of the south are dropping high school football. It's not worth the cost to the schools.

Just having fun with you, X!

:-)
PantherCityOso
GoldMind said:

I sat next to a group at the '14 title game who just yelled "FK KANSAS STATE!!!" Over and over. I feel you.
I read this is you went to the National Championship game in 2014 and some idiot at Cowboys stadium was yelling "F K STATE!!!" when Ohio State and Oregon were playing.
kevipai
Positive Bear said:

Will there ever be real (not fake) beer sales at Mclane one day? Maybe our Christian ideology will prevent us from this extra revenue but why not? Even if it's just 3 beers max per person. Cut it off in the mid 3rd quarter.
I don't know as still there are no beer sales at Mclane. Maybe they might have in the future but I do bring for myself at home custom neoprene koozies for enjoying my drinks with my family.
KajunKarlsdad
I grew up going to games at the Old Sugar Bowl Stadium (Tulane Stadium) and at LSU's Death Valley. At Tulane games in the 60's and 70's I remember the beer salesmen going up and down the stadium with huge backpacks of draft (looked like jet packs) selling luke warm beer. Don't recall that many drunks causing any issues. At Tiger Stadium, no beer or alcohol is sold but the whole place smelled like bourbon and beer. Lots of drunken fights and the obligatory pukers.

LSU still doesn't sell beer or liquor except in the suites but probably half the crowd (students included) sneak in flasks. Imagine the lost revenue there with 102,000 people in attendance. Tulane sells liquor at all it's on campus sporting events.......of course you need it to sit through those games.
chriscbear
Conservative beer policy would work. Limit it to 3 beers, charge a lot per beer and cutoff sales after the 3rd quarter. Yes this is a low priority but just my thoughts.
boykin_spaniel
This has been an entertaining Monday morning procrastination read.

1. Baylor banned dancing until the mid 1990s. Dancing… like real life Footloose. I wouldn't expect alcohol sales for quite some time.
2. Some of y'all have definitely never attended a Methodist wedding. The ones I've been to are far from dry. Where I grew up it was the Baptists and Church of Christ that were strict on the drinking. Plus the evangelicals when in groups of each other.
GoldMind
boykin_spaniel said:

This has been an entertaining Monday morning procrastination read.

1. Baylor banned dancing until the mid 1990s. Dancing… like real life Footloose. I wouldn't expect alcohol sales for quite some time.
2. Some of y'all have definitely never attended a Methodist wedding. The ones I've been to are far from dry. Where I grew up it was the Baptists and Church of Christ that were strict on the drinking. Plus the evangelicals when in groups of each other.

If your kid wants to do things like they did in the 50s, send em down to Waco.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Bear3
I totally agree. People can drink before and after the game. Selling alcohol during a game causes more alcohol related incidents with fans acting like idiots. I have seen this more than once in college stadiums which sell alcohol. I hope Baylor never does this.
Bear3
It would be impossible to monitor any kind of per person limit in a large stadium.
historian
bum said:

I don't think they will sell beer at McLane but is it really a big deal?

You can get beer a lot cheaper at the tailgates before and after the game. But you can also sneak it in with a little ingenuity. I feel sorry for people that can't figure out how to sneak in alcohol into sporting events. I don't know how they are going to survive when 30 million North Koreans invade this country.

I don't think there are 30 million people in all of North Korea! And since many of them are starving (sone even resort to cannibalism), their population is not likely to grow much either.
historian
Sampi82 said:

PartyBear said:

My understanding is that alcohol sales from Baylor club cease at home kick offs and that is a Big XII rule. For some reason the BMDs are still getting alcohol in their suites during the games. Because it was not purchased after kick off.
Is that a Big XII rule due to the Baylor Club being a private club that is operated by a 3rd party along with no alcohol sales to the general public during the game?

UT has been selling beer to the general public during games since 2015.

Yes, they have & their fans demonstrated at almost every game I've been to in Austin. We already have too many Baylor fans acting like Longhorns. Do we really want more drunk Baylor fans competing with them for immature & idiotic behavior?
ScottS
What if we started with selling near beer or Heineken 0.0?
boykin_spaniel
I've got news some might be shocked by but drinking a couple buds in a stadium is not what is making fans piss drunk in Austin or elsewhere. It's the tailgating beforehand. Baylor won't clear alcohol sales for at least 3 decades but selling some beer in the stadium I don't think will change much.
saabing bear
bum said:

But you can also sneak it in with a little ingenuity. I feel sorry for people that can't figure out how to sneak in alcohol into sporting events.
Reminds me of the '76 BU/SMU game in Waco when I was a senior. Cold night so I brought in a thermos with hot coffee and vodka, foolishly thinking that no one could smell vodka. Hot coffee and vodka had a smell that got the attention of everyone around.
T-REX
People don't get **** faced because they bought beer during a game. The likely hood of getting to that level via drinking beer at a game is low due to the alcohol content, amount of beer needed, time, and cost at a game. People who are trashed and puking and or causing issues is from tailgating. I show up to every baylor football game drunk because I tailgate starting no later than 8am, even for night games. Every stadium I go to that sells beer, I rarely buy it. And if I do, it's 1 or 2 usually at most because the line to wait in & the cost.

Also there are plenty of studies showing alcohol related issues decrease in stadiums that sell beer because people don't binge near the levels they do before entering becase they can buy beer inside which is then naturally limited due to waiting in line and cost.

So much revenue is left on the table by not selling. And most issues people run into with other fans tends to have nothing to do with alcohol. It's simply an easy excuse to use and assume someone is drunk simply because they are annoying you or trash talking too much for your taste.

Sell beer , profit, and reduce issues most likely. It's a win win for everybody. I personally will buy very little in stadium and instead continue to get trashed via 8am mimosas and hard liquor b4 games and then buy 4 water bottles b4 going to my Seay and at halftime. I don't want to miss any game time due to waiting in line for pretzels nor beer.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
T-REX
ScottS said:

What if we started with selling near beer or Heineken 0.0?
nobody is buying that
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
I'm down for some Jack & DP. Great sponsorship opportunity!
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
RioRata said:

GoldMind said:

Pastorron said:

Nope. How many times have you gone to a football game or baseball and basketball and had to smell vomit from the boozers for the game or even worse tried to get it off your children who have bee puked on. The profit is not worth that. Keep it a family affair and
enjoyment. Drink a coke or slurpee.

I've been to every regular season game at Texas stadium from 2002-2005. I went to 77 Rangers games in the same time span. Didn't count how many Stars and Mavs games. I think I've seen someone drunk puking 1 time, and it was in the parking lot.

Worth every nickel we can get to have it at McLane. I don't think I've witnessed anyone that was puking drunk inside a stadium, ever.

And I went to the UT-Baylor game last year and didn't see any shenanigans there either.

You probably never will either. Stadium security will run them out before it gets to that point...especially at McLane.
lol no they won't. I walk into mclane with a tailgate group and we are all drunk beyond measure every game lol. We walk up and pound beers right in front of the metal detectors then throw away the empty cans and walk in. Security doesn't care
Baylor MBA 2023

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.