Football
Sponsored by

Selling beer at Mclane

32,888 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by T-REX
JumboShrimper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was rather enjoyable to be able to drink at the big 12 title game. I remember getting funny looks for ordering mixed drinks at 9:30am right after the gates open but I was jacked for that game.
T-REX
Positive Bear said:

It was rather enjoyable to be able to drink at the big 12 title game. I remember getting funny looks for ordering mixed drinks at 9:30am right after the gates open but I was jacked for that game.
should have been at my tailgate. Mixed drinks were poured at 7am lol
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
dave714
No dancing and no beer.
Hob Howelll
I generally consider myself neutral on the whole alcohol at the stadium thing, but it's the hypocrisy of allowing it for the big money folks in the suites but not the commoners that annoys me. Baylor loses any claim it has to religious or moral concerns at that point. Only the rich can be trusted to drink? That reminds me of animal farm where the pig is calling the shots and talking about how terrible humans are but then at the end they find him playing cards and partying with the humans. Part of me feels like the school is worried about the liability of it moreso than the religious concerns.
Dia del DougO
I hope they never sell beer at Baylor football games, but currently I would be in favor of serving whiskey at baseball games.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Russell Gym
IMO, Baylor has always been worried most about appearances. Liability, religion, and all other concerns are way down the priority list.
T-REX
Dia del DougO said:

I hope they never sell beer at Baylor football games, but currently I would be in favor of serving whiskey at baseball games.
NEED SOMETHING MUCH STRONGER TO WATCH THAT RIGHT NOW
Baylor MBA 2023
GoldMind
Russell Gym said:

IMO, Baylor has always been worried most about appearances. Liability, religion, and all other concerns are way dow the priority list.

I think it's old south appearances, and if it's convenient they'll throw some church into it.

Baylor is constantly trying to appeal to a dying generation.

Current students parents have tattoos now.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
T-REX
GoldMind said:

Russell Gym said:

IMO, Baylor has always been worried most about appearances. Liability, religion, and all other concerns are way dow the priority list.

I think it's old south appearances, and if it's convenient they'll throw some church into it.

and a large amount of current students arent coming from baptist households nor ultra conservative ones
Baylor MBA 2023
GoldMind
T-REX said:

GoldMind said:

Russell Gym said:

and a large amount of current students arent coming from baptist households nor ultra conservative ones

I would say the overarching majority come from at least Christian households. Most of my friends were presbyters, method men, Catholics, one was Orthodox, I'm Episcopalian, so yea

Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Amarillobear
Gunny Hartman said:

I thought the beer came before sex
It is in this order:
1) Beer
2) Dancing
3) Sex
Sampi82
T-REX said:

Positive Bear said:

should have been at my tailgate. Mixed drinks were poured at 7am lol

The Subias and I ventured by your tailgate on the way in - after taking part in the Sic'Em365 get together. What a great day all the way around.
“We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”
Bear3
How are you going to regulate consumption in a stadium of 45,000 people?
GoldMind
Bear3 said:

1000% markup on alcohol.

Fewer people will be inclined to drink to excess when beer is $15 a glass.
T-REX
Bear3 said:

the same way all other places that sell beer do. Limit amount sold per person per trip & cut off sales after the 3rd quarter ends. Also the price alone helps to reduce amount purchased.
Baylor MBA 2023
Aliceinbubbleland
I remember the awesome turnout by Baylor fans for the Duke game in the Houston basketball regional. 2010?

Beer flowed freely at NRG amoung Baylor fans with no problems that I'm aware. Other than we lost the stinking game.
GoldMind
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I remember the awesome turnout by Baylor fans for the Duke game in the Houston basketball regional. 2010?

Beer flowed freely at NRG amoung Baylor fans with no problems that I'm aware. Other than we lost the stinking game.

I was there

Still wasn't a charge
T-REX
GoldMind said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I was there

Still wasn't a charge
beer flowed freely in nola, Arlington, & indy. No issues
Baylor MBA 2023
GoldMind
T-REX said:

GoldMind said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I was there

Still wasn't a charge
beer flowed freely in nola, Arlington, & indy. No issues

It's only an issue because they've made it one. I've been saying it since 2005.
Brownbw
BealBear said:

Unfortunately our admin will probably not be insiteful enough to ever let this happen. Sucks because it is a great revenue stream and you don't have to waste a ticket going back to tailgate.
Somehow I get the vibe that the revenue from beer sales is not your real concern. Just saying. Pretty glad myself that for the most part don't have to deal with drunk folks during games.
GoldMind
Brownbw said:

BealBear said:

Unfortunately our admin will probably not be insiteful enough to ever let this happen. Sucks because it is a great revenue stream and you don't have to waste a ticket going back to tailgate.
Somehow I get the vibe that the revenue from beer sales is not your real concern. Just saying. Pretty glad myself that for the most part don't have to deal with drunk folks during games.
Theyre drunk, theyre just not bothering you. Especially at night games.
T-REX
Brownbw said:

BealBear said:

a lot of Baylor fans are drunk. We have thousands that tailgate pretty hard
Baylor MBA 2023
cougar king
At UH, we sell beer, wine, cocktails, margaritas and hard liquor.

We also have our own beer sold at the games and at HEB called Cougar Paw. Drinkers will enjoy TDECU.
GoldMind
cougar king said:

We also have our own beer sold at the games and at HEB called Cougar Paw. Drinkers will enjoy TDECU.

Gotta have some kinda perks to get fans to drive into downtown Houston, I feel you
T-REX
GoldMind said:

cougar king said:

Gotta have some kinda perks to get fans to drive into downtown Houston, I feel you
only reason Rice sells it
Baylor MBA 2023
SonOfZuno
When all of the 4 and 5 Star recruits start consistently being steered away to other programs for greener pockets, the team's record starts settling in at the 7-5, 6-6, 7-5, 5-7, 6-6 cycles, and season ticket holders begin to drop out......you'll see alcohol sales suddenly become justified by Linda and Mack at McLane.
T-REX
SonOfZuno said:

When all of the 4 and 5 Star recruits start consistently being steered away to other programs for greener pockets, the team's record starts settling in at the 7-5, 6-6, 7-5, 5-7, 6-6 cycles, and season ticket holders begin to drop out......you'll see alcohol sales suddenly become justified by Linda and Mack at McLane.
4 & 5 stars going elsewhere....you mean like the entire histroy of Baylor football? We only get a few 4 stars here and there and normally never have a 5 star, especially not a consensus one
Baylor MBA 2023
SonOfZuno
T-REX said:

SonOfZuno said:

4 & 5 stars going elsewhere....you mean like the entire histroy of Baylor football? We only get a few 4 stars here and there and normally never have a 5 star, especially not a consensus one
I know you can have a bit of a quick trigger finger when you've been drinking, so here's a little help. See link below.

As you read the list, you will quickly acknowledge that the program's notoriety that was built and it still benefits from today would not have been built without the recruits you will find listed here. 4 and 5 Star'ers.

Baylor's only (only) Heisman winner was a 4 star recruit.

Happy weekend T-Rex. And, as always, Sic'em Bears!

Baylor All-time Football Recruits (sorted by Stars rating)
Hob Howelll
What's funny is that none of the five stars on that list and ~ 50% of the four-stars never made that big of an impact. If anyone thinks reeling in four or five stars makes a program healthy and successful, I invite them to take a gander at UT's recruiting class relative to their win/loss record for the last 10 years.

Now, whether Baylor would be more likely to allow alcohol if we started to go .500…maybe I guess. But I don't buy that they would see it as a major incentive to get people to go to games
GoldMind
SonOfZuno said:

T-REX said:

SonOfZuno said:

I know you can have a bit of a quick trigger finger when you've been drinking, so here's a little help. See link below.

As you read the list, you will quickly acknowledge that the program's notoriety that was built and it still benefits from today would not have been built without the recruits you will find listed here. 4 and 5 Star'ers.

We constantly do better than our personnel would suggest.

3 good coaches in a row.
SonOfZuno
GoldMind said:

SonOfZuno said:

T-REX said:

SonOfZuno said:

3 good coaches in a row.
You mean 4, right?
GoldMind
SonOfZuno said:

GoldMind said:

SonOfZuno said:

T-REX said:

SonOfZuno said:

3 good coaches in a row.
You mean 4, right?

Grobe is an EP, not a studio album.
T-REX
SonOfZuno said:

T-REX said:

SonOfZuno said:

drinking? *** are you talking about. I've been in the Sunday for the last few hours sanding down a pergola in my back yard. Do u always assume people are alcoholics when they disagree with you? Pretty certain KD was not a concensus 5 star. And besides him there is robbie who didn't finish at baylor if I recall. Regardless that's 2 people over hundreds and hundreds of recruits. And I didn't say we never get 4 stars, I said a few here and there which is exactly in line with the list you linked. We typically don't have classes loaded with 4 star talent. We have benefited from developing lower rated recruits much more than from bringing in 4 and 5 stars every year. So nice list, it reinforced my point that NIL taking away 4 and 5 stars to other schools is no different than what we have seen over the history of Baylor, 2 5 stars and 4 stars sprinkled here and there.
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
The Hound said:

What's funny is that none of the five stars on that list and ~ 50% of the four-stars never made that big of an impact. If anyone thinks reeling in four or five stars makes a program healthy and successful, I invite them to take a gander at UT's recruiting class relative to their win/loss record for the last 10 years.

Now, whether Baylor would be more likely to allow alcohol if we started to go .500…maybe I guess. But I don't buy that they would see it as a major incentive to get people to go to games
while I mostly agree, it is a undisputable fact that no team has won a football natty in the modern era without a 5* on the roster
Baylor MBA 2023
Hob Howelll
T-REX said:

The Hound said:

while I mostly agree, it is a undisputable fact that no team has won a football Matty in the modern era without a 5* on the roster

Thanks Little Matty

But yes, you're correct. It's the five star offensive and defensive linemen that make the biggest difference. Those are the guys that are just physically on a different level

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.