Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

74,989 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Rd2, you should have been warning Art online that he was setting himself up for embarrassment that will last eternity since his firing.
He should have gone quietly for a year. He instead chose to attack the rogue regents' credibility. The people who orchestrated that $15 million gift payday on his remaining contract and gave him that gushing letter of support. One that seemingly gave him Baylor's official endorsement. An endorsement after he leveraged the school with helping assist those mean Plaintiff's lawyers.

The #MeToo Lotto at Baylor is alive and well and as a matter of fact "thriving". This is due to the actions of the "rogue Regents" you refer too. I have never in my life witnessed such hypocrisy from people that publicly proclaim to be Christians. For the record, I have chosen to no longer fund the #MeToo Lotto at Baylor. Hopefully you and your buds can take up the slack.

You guys like to preach about everyone else's actions but Art Briles' actions. Does he get an evangelical pass because he won a Big 12 championship and shared another?

#Metoo isn't Baylor. It's not the little right nut job group they told to **** off. Baylor isn't Bob Jones or Berkley. Civil unrest by students doesn't occur.

Baylor's mistake was having those Baptist Country Club regents being led a few regents fail to manage the employees who weren't doing their jobs.
Starr was asleep collecting a paycheck.
Your boy Ian let Art manage him while Ian was in his office.
Art didn't discipline, manage and act accountable. Instead, he was using Baylor to get the Texas job.

Art is coaching at an high school version of NAIA 2. It clearly wasn't because of Baylor.
Briles could have had the Texas job had he wanted it. Ironically, his inability to kowtow to a couple of the corrupt Baylor Regents was the reason why he even considered the Texas job. These same Regents resented Art's success and were like a couple of high school girls that got snubbed for Prom queen. It is all about power for those guys and nothing has really changed.

Art Briles was a college football coach. He was far from perfect. He was really no different than any other P5 college football coach.
You keep those Caber fanfictions rolling, no need to stop now at this point when you're this divorced from reality.

His arrogance tripped him up with the UT hiring process, and cost Baylor the Fiesta Bowl as well, but for some reason flirting with UT makes him a justified rape enabler in your book...

Only one snubbed is reality by you Cabers, who coddle dreams of greatness for a 64-year-old 3A high school football coach that self-destructed himself out of relevance.

xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Rd2, you should have been warning Art online that he was setting himself up for embarrassment that will last eternity since his firing.
He should have gone quietly for a year. He instead chose to attack the rogue regents' credibility. The people who orchestrated that $15 million gift payday on his remaining contract and gave him that gushing letter of support. One that seemingly gave him Baylor's official endorsement. An endorsement after he leveraged the school with helping assist those mean Plaintiff's lawyers.

The #MeToo Lotto at Baylor is alive and well and as a matter of fact "thriving". This is due to the actions of the "rogue Regents" you refer too. I have never in my life witnessed such hypocrisy from people that publicly proclaim to be Christians. For the record, I have chosen to no longer fund the #MeToo Lotto at Baylor. Hopefully you and your buds can take up the slack.

You guys like to preach about everyone else's actions but Art Briles' actions. Does he get an evangelical pass because he won a Big 12 championship and shared another?

#Metoo isn't Baylor. It's not the little right nut job group they told to **** off. Baylor isn't Bob Jones or Berkley. Civil unrest by students doesn't occur.

Baylor's mistake was having those Baptist Country Club regents being led a few regents fail to manage the employees who weren't doing their jobs.
Art didn't discipline, manage and act accountable. Instead, he was using Baylor to get the Texas job.

Art is coaching at an high school version of NAIA 2. It clearly wasn't because of Baylor.
Briles could have had the Texas job had he wanted it. Ironically, his inability to kowtow to a couple of the corrupt Baylor Regents was the reason why he even considered the Texas job. These same Regents resented Art's success and were like a couple of high school girls that got snubbed for Prom queen. It is all about power for those guys and nothing has really changed.

Art Briles was a college football coach. He was far from perfect. He was really no different than any other P5 college football coach.

Texas didn't interview him and he wasn't going to get to call the shots at Texas.
He acted like a high school coach. A rootin tootin small town Texas ball coach who ruled the hen house because he was like God to those win starved fans.

Most Power 5 coaches don't have their trash fly all over everything after pissing off their league and CFP owners.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

You keep those Caber fanfictions rolling, no need to stop now at this point when you're this divorced from reality.

His arrogance tripped him up with the UT hiring process, and cost Baylor the Fiesta Bowl as well, but for some reason flirting with UT makes him a justified rape enabler in your book...

Only one snubbed is reality by you Cabers, who coddle dreams of greatness for a 64-year-old 3A high school football coach that self-destructed himself out of relevance.

I was angry that Baylor chose to remove themselves from relevance in college football all in the name of spiritual vanity and the self-preservation of the BOR machine. My bitterness is gone along with any monetary contributions to Baylor University.

Life is short. Embrace those you love. Separate yourself from deceit and dishonesty. A hard but necessary lesson.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BUbearinARK
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Life is short. Embrace those you love. Separate yourself from deceit and dishonesty. A hard but necessary lesson
true
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

I was angry that Baylor chose to remove themselves from relevance in college football all in the name of spiritual vanity and the self-preservation of the BOR machine. My bitterness is gone along with any monetary contributions to Baylor University.

Your lack of self awareness is comical. Your presence is pure bitterness and dishonesty courses through your rape apologist veins.

Meanwhile Baylor assembled a top tier coaching staff under Rhule and moved on while you chose to live in an alternate reality that now has you trolling on behalf of an irrelevant 3a high school coach.

Cabers are bad at trolling though because you're so easily rattled by the mere mention of reality into your fantasies.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Your lack of self awareness is comical. Your presence is pure bitterness and dishonesty courses through your rape apologist veins.

Meanwhile Baylor assembled a top tier coaching staff under Rhule and moved on while you chose to live in an alternate reality that now has you trolling on behalf of an irrelevant 3a high school coach.

Cabers are bad at trolling though because you're so easily rattled by the mere mention of reality into your fantasies.

If Briles and Rhule win, great!! If they lose, I will not lose any sleep. I don't really care at this point. Your overlords stole my passion for college football. Believe me, none of my "fantasies" going forward have a damn thing to do with football.

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

If Briles and Rhule win, great!! If they lose, I will not lose any sleep. I don't really care at this point. Your overlords stole my passion for college football. Believe me, none of my "fantasies" going forward have a damn thing to do with football.
yeah, you care so little that you troll this forum daily with caber fan fiction
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Life is short. Embrace those you love. Separate yourself from deceit and dishonesty. A hard but necessary lesson.
You are not relevant until you win a major bowl and in particular bowls in which you are favored and come into that bowl blowing smoke up everyone's @$$ about how great we were. Couple this with the fact that some of the players talked trash to not only the opposing players but also to the opposing coaching staff and you have set yourself up to be given the pigskin enema.

I still can't believe so many of you believed that the Baylor Administration was going to let Briles continue his unbridled disrespect of "the game" without representing the Big 12 on the Big Stage. Yes, Art was dealing crack cocaine in the form of W's over the likes of K State, OU & UT but then to go into the largest games on the largest stages and collapse in the manner in which we flashed???? The win starved Bear faithful snorted up all of the white powder they could find for a few years until some of the leadership realized they were not buying the top shelf stuff. Art was cutting it with that caliche hill where Baylor Stadium used to stand and those highs came with a huge price.

Baylor was NEVER going to allow Rodney Daingerfield run Bushwood Country Club.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

His arrogance and ego, honed and built on the likes of Stephen F, Sam Houston, Louisiana Monroe, Buffalo, Northwestern State and some down-in-the-dumps Big 12 teams like UT & OU, was in reality a house of cards. Sure, we have seen UT make some huge mistakes in recent history (Akers, McWilliams, Mackovic & Strong) nd Herman looks to me to be yet another swing and a miss but UT was not going to allow Art to dictate the decision.

Art blew the UT opportunity clean out of the water when all he had to do was shut the H#LL up.

He is very different than a lot of P5 coaches. Most of them have won a Tier 1 bowl game and not lost them in spectacular fashion.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
CHP Bear
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

His arrogance and ego, honed and built on the likes of Stephen F, Sam Houston, Louisiana Monroe, Buffalo, Northwestern State and some down-in-the-dumps Big 12 teams like UT & OU, was in reality a house of cards. Sure, we have seen UT make some huge mistakes in recent history (Akers, McWilliams, Mackovic & Strong) nd Herman looks to me to be yet another swing and a miss but UT was not going to allow Art to dictate the decision.

Art blew the UT opportunity clean out of the water when all he had to do was shut the H#LL up.

He is very different than a lot of P5 coaches. Most of them have won a Tier 1 bowl game and not lost them in spectacular fashion.
"His arrogance and ego..." wow, for a second I thought you were writing your Bio. As for the likes of, sure glad we had those cupcakes last year and this year. We're bowl eligible before the season starts.
Thee University
CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

"His arrogance and ego..." wow, for a second I thought you were writing your Bio. As for the likes of, sure glad we had those cupcakes last year and this year. Were bowl eligible before the season starts.
Truth hurts doesn't it.

None of you bluebloods complained in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015 when we were poleaxing your vaunted cupcakes and then taking the pigskin chorizo against the likes of OSU and WV when we were supposed to be Final Four locks.

37% of your King Arthur's wins came against the same PATSY PARADE. All they have to do is beat Kansas, Tech, K State or ISU and we are bowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

"His arrogance and ego..." wow, for a second I thought you were writing your Bio. As for the likes of, sure glad we had those cupcakes last year and this year. Were bowl eligible before the season starts.
Truth hurts doesn't it.

None of you bluebloods complained in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015 when we were poleaxing your vaunted cupcakes and then taking the pigskin chorizo against the likes of OSU and WV when we were supposed to be Final Four locks.

37% of your King Arthur's wins came against the same PATSY PARADE. All they have to do is beat Kansas, Tech, K State or ISU and we are bowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt Rhule has not yet proven he can consistently beat the "PATSY PARADE". Liberty and UTSA are STILL laughing their asses off.

-- Barack Obama
Timbear
Keep hammering Thee, don't let up. We all know you think you were the best, but Baylor football reached it's peak with Art, and you'll never change that. Keep hammering, though.
REX
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You are not relevant until you win a major bowl and in particular bowls in which you are favored and come into that bowl blowing smoke up everyone's @$$ about how great we were. Couple this with the fact that some of the players talked trash to not only the opposing players but also to the opposing coaching staff and you have set yourself up to be given the pigskin enema.

I still can't believe so many of you believed that the Baylor Administration was going to let Briles continue his unbridled disrespect of "the game" without representing the Big 12 on the Big Stage. Yes, Art was dealing crack cocaine in the form of W's over the likes of K State, OU & UT but then to go into the largest games on the largest stages and collapse in the manner in which we flashed???? The win starved Bear faithful snorted up all of the white powder they could find for a few years until some of the leadership realized they were not buying the top shelf stuff. Art was cutting it with that caliche hill where Baylor Stadium used to stand and those highs came with a huge price.

2-30
I repeat 2-30
Major bowl?
BaylorRocks
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

"Baylor legends: Teaff, Singletary, RGIII, and oh yeah that guy who posts on the free football forum."

BaylorRocks
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

"Baylor legends: Teaff, Singletary, RGIII, and oh yeah that guy who posts on the free football forum."

BaylorRocks
Thee University said:

CHP Bear said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Truth hurts doesn't it.

Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Matt Rhule has not yet proven he can consistently beat the "PATSY PARADE". Liberty and UTSA are STILL laughing their asses off.
As they should be.

Art in Year 1 - 4-8
Art in Year 2 - 4-8
No bowls.

Matt in Year 1 - 1-11
Matt in Year 2 - 7-6
Bowl win

This is Rhule's year to show us what we got.
Thee University
Timbear said:

Keep hammering Thee, don't let up. We all know you think you were the best, but Baylor football reached it's peak with Art, and you'll never change that. Keep hammering, though.
Hammering? I'm pounding you and your weak BS with a powder puff.
I was very average on a very good TEAM.
Baylor's peak could arguably be the 1956 season when we beat #2 Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl. It is in the record books!
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

2-30
I repeat 2-30
Major bowl?
I've never said anything to defend that collapse other than the FACT we lost to the most storied football program ever, they were 1978 and 1979 National Champions and we had 7 turnovers.

Losing in the Fiesta to a commuter school and then in spectacular fashion to an average Michigan State team that the players openly taunted before and during the game. That was taunting players and coaches of MSU. Bush league stuff. This is the same MSU team that lost to an Alabama team 0-38 the next year.

REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

2-30
I repeat 2-30
Major bowl?
I've never said anything to defend that collapse other than the FACT we lost to the most storied football program ever, they were 1978 and 1979 National Champions and we had 7 turnovers.

Losing in the Fiesta to a commuter school and then in spectacular fashion to an average Michigan State team that the players openly taunted before and during the game. That was taunting players and coaches of MSU. Bush league stuff. This is the same MSU team that lost to an Alabama team 0-38 the next year.

Same team? No seniors on the team that beat BU?
That is amazing
Thanks
xiledinok
I read that Mt Vernon residents kinda got Briles thrown on their backs.

What poor taste to overshadow graduation night by hiring the most controversial living football coach in America!
"Sorry kids, your school board and school boss are going to allow your evening to be taken over by that man you read about on your phones. "
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Neither Briles' system nor the scheduling was a house of cards. It was a shortcut to winning just like Leach did at Tech. It's either build from the ground up with redshirts or develop a system. The problem is that it's almost impossible to get to a major bowl game with the former. Briles was actually starting to steal kids from the big boys who think it's a birthright to scoop up every bluechipper.

The HUNH offense is riverboat gambling, but that's the way it goes. All sorts of great coaches have had systems and won a lot but had limited success in bowl games. Bill Snyder comes to mind. It took him 11 years to win the Cotton Bowl.

Anyway, it's all deep down about recruiting. Briles WAS starting to get high-end talent.
xiledinok
Timbear, you need to catch up.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2019/06/16/mount-vernon-made-statement-hiring-art-briles-now-community-chance-speak
Timbear
Hopefully another chance for people to speak in favor.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Yes, faulty premise. Your "what if it were your daughter" argument is assuming that all the allegations being thrown out there are true, and that Art Briles is to blame, neither of which has been proven, except perhaps only in the court of public opinion where innuendo, allegations in lawsuit filings, out of context text messages, biased reporting, and the opinions of "professional victims" serve as "proof". So by assuming the truth of your disputed conclusion in your premise, in essence you're begging the question.

Here in this last post you seem to be offering your past experience and personal bias as proof of your premise, (which by the way is yet another fallacy). Though your experience gives you a lot more insight than others, and while it may be pertinent to your team back then, you really haven't offered anything that directly pertains to the team at hand, except for what two friends of yours said. While I don't have any reason to doubt them, at best this is just anecdotal evidence based on hearsay. In contrast, however, I offered an actual documented example of the volleyball player to challenge your premise that Briles is definitely to blame and is therefore deserving of all the animus being directed at him, as if he was the Grim Raper himself. But here we have an actual victim, from the actual case where "Briles knew of a rape but didn't report it", who doesn't seem to blame Briles, but rather, seems to be generally supportive of him, even praising him personally and for how he handled the situation, and defending him against the rampant criticism.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to fully change your mind because of this, but I think mitigating pieces of evidence like this should at least temper the extremist stance against Briles that too many here have firmly entrenched themselves in. Extremist stances, such as saying to those who defend Briles, "You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed."- which not only is begging the question again, but also it does nothing for the debate/discussion except to antagonize and falsely defame.

I never said ALL of the allegations were true.

I never said Art was the sole person to blame.

Go back and craft a new masterpiece of response. I salute your effort but you are chasing another premise. Not mine.

You were incapable of understanding my own personal Baylor Football experiences. Only the names and faces change from year to year. How you mange and discipline those interchangeable parts is what makes the difference. I refuse to cite and detail actual events and most certainly won't divulge names. The point remains, the difference is that most teams understand and obey rules, laws and structure. These teams have many of the same characters and "problems" other teams have. However, a strong dose of discipline, understanding the mission statement, the history of the institution, the goals of the institution and just that fact that Baylor is the largest Baptist University in the world and truly expects more out of their students and student/athletes got lost somewhere.

I suggest that my stance is not extremest but that of a realist tempered with a dose of personal experience in environments of "characters" that just about every single college football team in America possess. It only took a little bit of extra effort for Art to protect his kingdom and his legacy. It seemed to me that he almost did not care about the collateral damage done to Baylor during his planned short stint in Waco.

I'm not antagonizing Art. He feathered his own nest. He knew how the game was played. He is not stupid. He knew that it was only a matter of time before some of authority at Baylor stepped in and put an end to his lackadaisical approach to disciplining his problem kids. The only thing that postponed this implosion a year or two was that Art brought wins to a program that was the 98 lb weakling for so many years. The Baylor bluebloods held their noses for as long as they could but everyone has a limit.

I did not say that you said Briles was the sole person to blame. And whether or not you said ALL the allegations are true is beside the point. These do not nullify your fallacy of begging the question. Implicit in your "what if it were your daughter" argument is the assumption that enough of the allegations are true, and that Briles is enough to blame. Of course, what constitutes as being "enough" is subjective and debatable, but therein lies the point- you haven't established either, but you assume its truth in your argument.

Like it or not, whenever you or anyone else uses the "what if it were your daughter" argument or other rendition of this argument, such as "we're ok with rape as long as Briles wins" as you did in your previous post, that is your premise and you are begging the question. It's a bad argument, so I'd stop using it.
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

2-30
I repeat 2-30
Major bowl?

Losing to Bear Bryant back when the Cotton Bowl was the Cotton Bowl is helluva lot less to hang your head about than losing to a non-P5 commuter school because our coach was flirting with leaving for a conference rival in the week he was supposed to be preparing for the game.
MilliVanilli
BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Neither Briles' system nor the scheduling was a house of cards. It was a shortcut to winning just like Leach did at Tech. It's either build from the ground up with redshirts or develop a system. The problem is that it's almost impossible to get to a major bowl game with the former. Briles was actually starting to steal kids from the big boys who think it's a birthright to scoop up every bluechipper.

The HUNH offense is riverboat gambling, but that's the way it goes. All sorts of great coaches have had systems and won a lot but had limited success in bowl games. Bill Snyder comes to mind. It took him 11 years to win the Cotton Bowl.

Anyway, it's all deep down about recruiting. Briles WAS starting to get high-end talent.
A bit of a myth, he was beginning to star chase, but that fabled 2016 class has proven an epic bust, and some of his biggest signing day gets such as Robbie Rhodes, petered out into oblivion.

Even Stidham left his collegiate career with a whimper.

Just the same Briles had a good thing going, and self-destructed.
MilliVanilli
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Yes, faulty premise. Your "what if it were your daughter" argument is assuming that all the allegations being thrown out there are true, and that Art Briles is to blame, neither of which has been proven, except perhaps only in the court of public opinion where innuendo, allegations in lawsuit filings, out of context text messages, biased reporting, and the opinions of "professional victims" serve as "proof". So by assuming the truth of your disputed conclusion in your premise, in essence you're begging the question.

Here in this last post you seem to be offering your past experience and personal bias as proof of your premise, (which by the way is yet another fallacy). Though your experience gives you a lot more insight than others, and while it may be pertinent to your team back then, you really haven't offered anything that directly pertains to the team at hand, except for what two friends of yours said. While I don't have any reason to doubt them, at best this is just anecdotal evidence based on hearsay. In contrast, however, I offered an actual documented example of the volleyball player to challenge your premise that Briles is definitely to blame and is therefore deserving of all the animus being directed at him, as if he was the Grim Raper himself. But here we have an actual victim, from the actual case where "Briles knew of a rape but didn't report it", who doesn't seem to blame Briles, but rather, seems to be generally supportive of him, even praising him personally and for how he handled the situation, and defending him against the rampant criticism.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to fully change your mind because of this, but I think mitigating pieces of evidence like this should at least temper the extremist stance against Briles that too many here have firmly entrenched themselves in. Extremist stances, such as saying to those who defend Briles, "You now accept the collateral damage (as long as it is not your daughter getting assaulted, roughed up or generally raped) as OK and your savior coach was framed."- which not only is begging the question again, but also it does nothing for the debate/discussion except to antagonize and falsely defame.

Go back and craft a new masterpiece of response. I salute your effort but you are chasing another premise. Not mine.

You were incapable of understanding my own personal Baylor Football experiences. Only the names and faces change from year to year. How you mange and discipline those interchangeable parts is what makes the difference. I refuse to cite and detail actual events and most certainly won't divulge names. The point remains, the difference is that most teams understand and obey rules, laws and structure. These teams have many of the same characters and "problems" other teams have. However, a strong dose of discipline, understanding the mission statement, the history of the institution, the goals of the institution and just that fact that Baylor is the largest Baptist University in the world and truly expects more out of their students and student/athletes got lost somewhere.

I suggest that my stance is not extremest but that of a realist tempered with a dose of personal experience in environments of "characters" that just about every single college football team in America possess. It only took a little bit of extra effort for Art to protect his kingdom and his legacy. It seemed to me that he almost did not care about the collateral damage done to Baylor during his planned short stint in Waco.

I'm not antagonizing Art. He feathered his own nest. He knew how the game was played. He is not stupid. He knew that it was only a matter of time before some of authority at Baylor stepped in and put an end to his lackadaisical approach to disciplining his problem kids. The only thing that postponed this implosion a year or two was that Art brought wins to a program that was the 98 lb weakling for so many years. The Baylor bluebloods held their noses for as long as they could but everyone has a limit.

I did not say that you said Briles was the sole person to blame. And whether or not you said ALL the allegations are true is beside the point. These do not nullify your fallacy of begging the question. Implicit in your "what if it were your daughter" argument is the assumption that enough of the allegations are true, and that Briles is enough to blame. Of course, what constitutes as being "enough" is subjective and debatable, but therein lies the point- you haven't established either, but you assume its truth in your argument.

Like it or not, whenever you or anyone else uses the "what if it were your daughter" argument or other renditions of this argument, such as "we're ok with rape as long as Briles wins" as you did in your previous post, that is your premise and you are begging the question. It's a bad argument, so I'd stop using it.
What's really a bad argument that you should stop using is the idea Briles didn't self-destruct and ultimately deserve termination for his part.

He made his bed and he reaped what he sowed, you owe him no tears, excuses, or mental gymnastics.

Let's move on.
oldbear69
xiledinok said:

I read that Mt Vernon residents kinda got Briles thrown on their backs.

What poor taste to overshadow graduation night by hiring the most controversial living football coach in America!
"Sorry kids, your school board and school boss are going to allow your evening to be taken over by that man you read about on your phones. "
Thee University
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Like it or not, whenever you or anyone else uses the "what if it were your daughter" argument or other renditions of this argument, such as "we're ok with rape as long as Briles wins" as you did in your previous post, that is your premise and you are begging the question. It's a bad argument, so I'd stop using it.
I told you about my two attorney friends and what their daughters told them over their Freshman year Chistmas holidays.

What I have not told you is about another friend (Baylor grad) who said his daughter was constantly "stalked" by a particular player (player did not last 4 years) and it got very uncomfortable for her on a couple of occasions. She did absolutely nothing to warrant this "situation" and none of these "situations" took place at late night/early morning parties because she knew better than to put herself in that bad environment due to reputations of these gatherings.

What if it was your daughter? Would you have a little bit different attitude towards the girls that were obviously assaulted in a very un-Baylor like fashion or is this collateral damage OK with you?

BUbearinARK
MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A bit of a myth, he was beginning to star chase, but that fabled 2016 class has proven an epic bust, and some of his biggest signing day gets such as Robbie Rhodes, petered out into oblivion.

I'm a middle grounder. But this is ridiculous mili. The class that disbanded after arts demise was amazing.

To say otherwise is revisionist. Impossible to look into that alternative future, but it was bright.

REX
Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I told you about my two attorney friends and what their daughters told them over their Freshman year Chistmas holidays.

What I have not told you is about another friend (Baylor grad) who said his daughter was constantly "stalked" by a particular player (player did not last 4 years) and it got very uncomfortable for her on a couple of occasions. She did absolutely nothing to warrant this "situation" and none of these "situations" took place at late night/early morning parties because she knew better than to put herself in that bad environment due to reputations of these gatherings.

What if it was your daughter? Would you have a little bit different attitude towards the girls that were obviously assaulted in a very un-Baylor like fashion or is this collateral damage OK with you?

I asked my daughter in law (Baylor grad) about this. She told me that her nor her three roommates ever witnessed anything in spite of the fact that two of them worked for the film department for football.
I'm ahead 4-3. Want to keep going?
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I asked my daughter in law (Baylor grad) about this. She told me that her nor her three roommates ever witnessed anything in spite of the fact that two of them worked for the film department for football.
I'm ahead 4-3. Want to keep going?
I'll ask you then....................if your daughter in law had been attacked, assaulted or raped would you still be dismissing or ignoring the collateral damage?
MilliVanilli
BUbearinARK said:

MilliVanilli said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I'm a middle grounder. But this is ridiculous mili. The class that disbanded after arts demise was amazing.

To say otherwise is revisionist. Impossible to look into that alternative future, but it was bright.

No it wasn't, it was pure smoke and mirrors.

JP U flopped, Hudson is out of football, Parrish Cobb is in jail, Tren'Davian Dickson failed out of two schools, Duverney is nothing special at UT.

It was a flop, and it is a myth these all would've collectively panned out under Briles.

It was a bunch of Robbie Rhodes' and worse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.