Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles in the Houston Chronicle

62,708 Views | 369 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MilliVanilli
applemacg4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

I have a question for the ardent Briles supporters. My sense is that Briles would do virtually anything to be a head coach again in the NCAA or NFL. Do you have any doubt that if hypothetically, for some strange reason, he needs to throw you (random person X) under the bus in any way necessary to achieve his head coaching aspiration, that he wouldn't blink an eye in doing so?

Unlike the Baylor Board of Regents, he wouldn't.
Keyser Soze
applemacg4 said:

Quote:

I have a question for the ardent Briles supporters. My sense is that Briles would do virtually anything to be a head coach again in the NCAA or NFL. Do you have any doubt that if hypothetically, for some strange reason, he needs to throw you (random person X) under the bus in any way necessary to achieve his head coaching aspiration, that he wouldn't blink an eye in doing so?

Shame of them ..... for tell people what CAB did
MilliVanilli
Keyser Soze said:

applemacg4 said:

Quote:

Shame of them ..... for tell people what CAB did
And he took a sum of money and signed an NDA grateful that they redacted huge portions of what he did from being a public record...for now.
TheAgentGrant
The book!
Keyser Soze
Will the book turn out better than the libel suit against the regents?

MilliVanilli
TheAgentGrant said:

The book!
I'm sure it will be a collage of the greatest Caber fan fiction from this site.

And it will probably be in the dollar bin next to the ESPN book lickity split.

TheAgentGrant
I know nothing about it. Just a comment. Curious to hear his version.
TheAgentGrant
Next to your comment box to the rest of the world that no one gives two ****s about.
MilliVanilli
TheAgentGrant said:

Next to your comment box to the rest of the world that no one gives two ****s about.
your caber obsession with every post from this screen name says otherwise
gobears20
Staff
Art Briles begins coaching football in East Texas, doesn't answer Baylor questions

Robert Wilson
xiledinok
gobears20 said:

Art Briles begins coaching football in East Texas, doesn't answer Baylor questions

Someone help him. He looks terrible. Looks like he is ready to beg for money under the I-35 bridge. Appearance is the first thing to go with mental health.
Keyser Soze
I just want to know why Ving Rhames is interviewing Briles.

xiledinok
Keyser Soze said:

I just want to know why Ving Rhames is interviewing Briles.

I could drink a bottle of Laphroiag Cask Strength No. 9 without water and would not look as bad as Art.

KS, perhaps Art is wanting to get his SAG card.
TheAgentGrant
Least he shows his face X and not hiding like he's in witness protection like you do. He may have screwed up in your eyes but a least he's got the balls to stand in front of the media and answer a firing range of questions. You just make cheap shots and hide behind a screen name.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

Least he shows his face X and not hiding like he's in witness protection like you do. He may have screwed up in your eyes but a least he's got the balls to stand in front of the media and answer a firing range of questions. You just make cheap shots and hide behind a screen name.

Good God, that's the most ****ed up reasoning I heard all week. His balls were so big they told the media prior to the media session that Baylor questions were off limits.

I'm ugly. No one wants to see my face. We all cannot be pretty like you.
TheAgentGrant
That's. a very unintelligent response coming from someone of your stature. He knows he's going to be asked questions and he handled it. You guys are mad that he messed with public enemy #1 and so was I, but that went out the door when they started paying these coaches millions of dollars each year. You guys are purist. You must have lost your mind when you realized that Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa we're juicing cranking out homers (allegedly)

By the way X I shave my head 4 times a year pretty much all summer. My wife hates it, but I know that there is more to a mans character than pretty hair, eyes and a face. Thats the reason I do it. Who cares what that cone head done and cracked chiclets look like on you. Arts goatee? Maybe Jan likes it. Don't critique a mans character when you got junk in your own closet. I guarantee, and I don't even have the faintest of who you are not do I care. We all have things that we never would dare tell our wife and we know on judgement day we all will want to run and hide. Run your own house before you start pointing the finger on how tired a man is. Hell ya he's tired. If you had went throw this **** storm no matter who's to blame you would be exhausted as well.
Thee University
MilliVanilli said:

TheAgentGrant said:

The book!
I'm sure it will be a collage of the greatest Caber fan fiction from this site.

And it will probably be in the dollar bin next to the ESPN book lickity split.

It's been 1169 days of crafting every conceivable excuse and revisionist history stories.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
TheAgentGrant
And i personally still don't care. He's a football coach that is no longer here.
BaylorRocks
Can't believe the admin's on this site haven't banned X (and her/his IP address(es)) yet. Her/His vulgar language and personally-directed abusive comments about others are so far over anyone's line of realistic decency it should embarrass the site owners to allow it.

Just my two bits.....

Sic'em
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

That's. a very unintelligent response coming from someone of your stature. He knows he's going to be asked questions and he handled it. You guys are mad that he messed with public enemy #1 and so was I, but that went out the door when they started paying these coaches millions of dollars each year. You guys are purist. You must have lost your mind when you realized that Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa we're juicing cranking out homers (allegedly)

By the way X I shave my head 4 times a year pretty much all summer. My wife hates it, but I know that there is more to a mans character than pretty hair, eyes and a face. Thats the reason I do it. Who cares what that cone head done and cracked chiclets look like on you. Arts goatee? Maybe Jan likes it. Don't critique a mans character when you got junk in your own closet. I guarantee, and I don't even have the faintest of who you are not do I care. We all have things that we never would dare tell our wife and we know on judgement day we all will want to run and hide. Run your own house before you start pointing the finger on how tired a man is. Hell ya he's tired. If you had went throw this **** storm no matter who's to blame you would be exhausted as well.

Art looks rough. I don't care what his wife thinks.
You are the first person I remember in my life calling me a purist. I saw Mark McGwire in 1987 when he was a rookie in the Cactus League. I watched Sammy Sosa in the Texas League. I wasn't shocked. It was the era.

Art made his bed. He could have been a head coach in 2017 but kept trying to blow up everyone and everything who he felt had wronged him.
xiledinok
zunooreo said:

Can't believe the admin's on this site haven't banned X (and her/his IP address(es)) yet. Her/His vulgar language and personally-directed abusive comments about others are so far over anyone's line of realistic decency it should embarrass the site owners to allow it.

Just my two bits.....

Sic'em

Other fan sites and other school sites would have erased all pro Art posts. They are generous to tolerate dumping on Baylor.

TheAgentGrant
Well if you know if you say what you know then you know he had a job until the WSJ article before the BU/UT 2016 game. Then that came out.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

Well if you know if you say what you know then you know he had a job until the WSJ article before the BU/UT 2016 game. Then that came out.
He couldn't control his staff. They went after everyone in sight. They continue their mission to get Art a job.
They should have coached their players and left. They went after the school, invented Brenda and tweeted out later on then proceeded to lose by 40.
They burned the Big 12, 9 of the other 65 Power 5 schools. Did they not realize they upset other schools?

TheAgentGrant
Well at least I'm not the only one that got the latter part of your comments correct.
TheAgentGrant
By the wAy the showdown with the Devil would have been epic in Baton Rouge . Would have been a good game.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

Well at least I'm not the only one that got the latter part of your comments correct.
They embarrassed themselves. No other coach or coaching staff has tried the Art Briles and staff exit from a school.
The general public pours it on him. They click negative stores to the front page of all major websites and are ruthless about him on the comments.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

By the wAy the showdown with the Devil would have been epic in Baton Rouge . Would have been a good game.
Well, he should have shut up with his cash payout under the circumstances.
TheAgentGrant
Why does that in the least bit bother you? Life is way too short to worry about things you can't control.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

Why does that in the least bit bother you? Life is way too short to worry about things you can't control.
Because I graduated and didn't like my degree get embarrassed. Willis went away quickly.

Who is flipping the bill to pay for his documentary?
TheAgentGrant
You're degree didn't get embarrassed. It has nothing to do with you or anyone else other than the board and coaches. I'm embarrassed that we have a bunch of chicken ****s running the school. A lot of us graduated from Baylor but it doesn't reflect on us. People outside of twitter SicEm ESPN LHN and UT don't care. I have clients that I call on that claim they are football fans have no idea what happened. 90% of people I have discussed this with look like deers in a headlight when I have ever talked about this. I just think it's ****ty that a bunch of board members have never been held accountable. That's where we differ. As a person I like Art. I have no idea what he did behind closed doors I grew up with some bad guys that I played ball with I like them but I'm not going to envite them over to meet my wife. It's just football man. Let him deal with his own problems no need to
pile on.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

You're degree didn't get embarrassed. It has nothing to do with you or anyone else other than the board and coaches. I'm embarrassed that we have a bunch of chicken ****s running the school. A lot of us graduated from Baylor but it doesn't reflect on us. People outside of twitter SicEm ESPN LHN and UT don't care. I have clients that I call on that claim they are football fans have no idea what happened. 90% of people I have discussed this with look like deers in a headlight when I have ever talked about this. I just think it's ****ty that a bunch of board members have never been held accountable. That's where we differ. As a person I like Art. I have no idea what he did behind closed doors I grew up with some bad guys that I played ball with I like them but I'm not going to envite them over to meet my wife. It's just football man. Let him deal with his own problems no need to
pile on.

Embarrassing as ever. Every program has issues and it's part of being the head coach is to control it. Instead, we operated like a small town high school.

Ian screwed Briles but Art ran Ian.
Art burned the college football powers while trashing everyone who opposed him.

Who is producing the documentary?
TheAgentGrant
You're more involved in this than you are admitting. Either you are a former player or someone close to the program. Only a former former player or administrator would be as effected as you are.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

You're more involved in this than you are admitting. Either you are a former player or someone close to the program. Only a former former player or administrator would be as effected as you are.

No, I m not involved.
That's your opinion. He should have ran like hell away with that money. He managed to get turned away from the CFL and NFL.
The school had their money snagged. The money pays salaries and goes towards the school.
Who is producing the documentary?
TheAgentGrant
I got to tell you there are some things that I take personal, but this I have not.
I guess I have other things in my life that have more priority,
Why did they pay him if he was guilty. That doesn't hold much credibility with me.
It wasn't my money so I don't have an opinion about it.
I like Art as a person, and I really don't care enough to speak bad about someone.
However I did enjoy Cary Gray's stand up act in Rice Village before the Rice game in 2016.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.