Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles in the Houston Chronicle

62,722 Views | 369 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zunooreo said:

Thread has been great......and helping me see the additional posters on this site that need to have <IGNORE> invoked. Its hard to get to that status with me, but some have definitely have earned it before and now some here do too.

Time to clean up the clutter.....bye bye
<IGNORE>
Who the ______ is this guy?

Another silky catkin that avoids anything tough.

Dr. Pencil Neck.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Keyser Soze
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

What do you want from this man?

I not ***ing kidding, as bad of a person as some of you think he is, your reactions have made you even WORSE human beings.

Let me tell you something about this man. I first met Art Briles about 2001. I have never seen a man love his family or his players so much. In an era where we label everyone a "racist" who disagrees with us. this man treated blacks, Hispanics, whites, Asians and gays like his own sons. Unlike many of you, he never lied to me or talked about me behind my back. He was what every single one of you say you want in a great friend.

And you guys have totally crucified this guy - and why is that even a surprise? Human beings are absolute garbage and who would ever blame God if he wanted to send every last one of us to Hell? I'm not blasphemous; I am right. We always go overboard. We always become worse than that what we hate - because we hate. Because of our vanities.

Let me tell you something: give yourselves the chance to be the friend and so-called "brothers in Christ" to Art Briles. You will be awesomely surprised. This is a GENUINELY GOOD MAN. He has been nothing but gold to me in 18 years of knowing him personally.

This statement will probably get me tossed into Hell - as if I don't already deserve it - but I GENUINELY hope some of you are treated by God by the way you have treated Art Briles.

And I will leave it at that.

If you ever REALLY knew that man, you'd know what I'm talking about. There's a reason kids wanted to play for him - and why he would have brought a national championship to Baylor University.
They are obsessed with him and want him destroyed.

Would not be surprised if some on here honestly would not smirk if he committed suicide.

Its how depraved some of the Regent cultists are.......they have never had their leadership and power challenged......they react like a raving mob of lunatic campus Antifa.

I don't know Art but I respect what he did with Baylor's football program. I wish him well in the future. But I don't think much about him day to day because he is not part of Baylor's future.

But then i'm a normal guy...with normal rational emotions and no deep mental issues.

The Regent cult is not......they are OBSESSED with this guy......its creepy as hell to watch.
You are not a normal guy. Normal guys don't swallow the bat **** crazy conspiracy theories hook line and sinker they way you R2 and few others have. You believe the boogie man was out to get Art - that same people that approved Art's 10 years contract, new stadium, new nutrition center and much more .. overnight hated sports and wanted more Bible study.

With all due respect, Keyser, I don't think that a small handful of corrupt Regents covering up their own missteps and lack of oversight of Title XI and sexual assaults involving the TOTAL student population at Baylor is really that much of a "batsh ! t crazy conspiracy theory."

I do believe Briles did have some responsibility in this mess and shares some of the blame. The $15 million he was paid to go away and remain silent and the $2.5 million his attorneys were paid by Baylor tells this "abnormal" guy all he needs to know.

Yogi is and has always been a good poster. Stay on the high road, Keyser. I expect better from you.

Expect better from you ?..... coming from the guy who has implied countless times that any alleged victim coming forward was there just to collect the cash

BTW: Can you name those regents and the specifics of what they did? What got covered up? Got something for me? my guess is a blatant non-answer answer or crickets.

Baylor was and still is an easy mark. That is why I no longer trust them with my money. Baylor paid out like a slot machine numerous times with the case not going to court. Anyone that wanted a check got one. Why is that? Your narrative makes the leadership of Baylor all the more inept, immoral, and incompetent. Why would ANYONE want to allow a sexual predator to just get away scott free with no consequences? *** are you talking about I'll tell you why. It is a bunch of crap.

I don't know of a single Dad out there that would advise their daughter to go talk to the head football coach after they were raped. That is TOTAL bull**** and you know it.

BTW: Can you name the specifics of what Briles did? I have on numerous occasions, this is a chicken **** non-answer answer - your have NEVER stated which regents did what EVER - What got covered up? Got something for me? My guess is a blatant non-answer or crickets.
^
What I am talking about is that you and Baylor claim there were scores of rapes perpetrated by mostly Baylor Football players. How can you be this ill informed after all this time? Neither me or Baylor EVER said that. You would think as a Christian University that Baylor would want to make sure these so-called sexual predators faced some kind of punishment so they would not be allowed to just carry on in society and commit such crimes again. Is my logic flawed here? They just wanted to pay Dad so nobody would find out about it and their pristine reputation would remain intact? What about justice for all these women, Keyser. I am not talking about money. I am talking about JUSTICE. Using the Baylor narrative.
get a clue
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A handful of rogue Regents and about twenty potted plants that went along to get along.
Stick to the Texas Lutheran Board of Regents. You have some great experience now that you fixed the Baylor BOR.

Instead of Baylor's black helicopters you need to be looking for TLU mini drones.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

I not ***ing kidding, as bad of a person as some of you think he is, your reactions have made you even WORSE human beings.

Let me tell you something about this man. I first met Art Briles about 2001. I have never seen a man love his family or his players so much. In an era where we label everyone a "racist" who disagrees with us. this man treated blacks, Hispanics, whites, Asians and gays like his own sons. Unlike many of you, he never lied to me or talked about me behind my back. He was what every single one of you say you want in a great friend.

And you guys have totally crucified this guy - and why is that even a surprise? Human beings are absolute garbage and who would ever blame God if he wanted to send every last one of us to Hell? I'm not blasphemous; I am right. We always go overboard. We always become worse than that what we hate - because we hate. Because of our vanities.

Let me tell you something: give yourselves the chance to be the friend and so-called "brothers in Christ" to Art Briles. You will be awesomely surprised. This is a GENUINELY GOOD MAN. He has been nothing but gold to me in 18 years of knowing him personally.

This statement will probably get me tossed into Hell - as if I don't already deserve it - but I GENUINELY hope some of you are treated by God by the way you have treated Art Briles.

If you ever REALLY knew that man, you'd know what I'm talking about. There's a reason kids wanted to play for him - and why he would have brought a national championship to Baylor University.

Would not be surprised if some on here honestly would not smirk if he committed suicide.

Its how depraved some of the Regent cultists are.......they have never had their leadership and power challenged......they react like a raving mob of lunatic campus Antifa.

I don't know Art but I respect what he did with Baylor's football program. I wish him well in the future. But I don't think much about him day to day because he is not part of Baylor's future.

But then i'm a normal guy...with normal rational emotions and no deep mental issues.

The Regent cult is not......they are OBSESSED with this guy......its creepy as hell to watch.
You are not a normal guy. Normal guys don't swallow the bat **** crazy conspiracy theories hook line and sinker they way you R2 and few others have. You believe the boogie man was out to get Art - that same people that approved Art's 10 years contract, new stadium, new nutrition center and much more .. overnight hated sports and wanted more Bible study.

With all due respect, Keyser, I don't think that a small handful of corrupt Regents covering up their own missteps and lack of oversight of Title XI and sexual assaults involving the TOTAL student population at Baylor is really that much of a "batsh ! t crazy conspiracy theory."

I do believe Briles did have some responsibility in this mess and shares some of the blame. The $15 million he was paid to go away and remain silent and the $2.5 million his attorneys were paid by Baylor tells this "abnormal" guy all he needs to know.

Yogi is and has always been a good poster. Stay on the high road, Keyser. I expect better from you.

Expect better from you ?..... coming from the guy who has implied countless times that any alleged victim coming forward was there just to collect the cash

BTW: Can you name those regents and the specifics of what they did? What got covered up? Got something for me? my guess is a blatant non-answer answer or crickets.

Baylor was and still is an easy mark. That is why I no longer trust them with my money. Baylor paid out like a slot machine numerous times with the case not going to court. Anyone that wanted a check got one. Why is that? Your narrative makes the leadership of Baylor all the more inept, immoral, and incompetent. Why would ANYONE want to allow a sexual predator to just get away scott free with no consequences? *** are you talking about I'll tell you why. It is a bunch of crap.

I don't know of a single Dad out there that would advise their daughter to go talk to the head football coach after they were raped. That is TOTAL bull**** and you know it.

BTW: Can you name the specifics of what Briles did? I have on numerous occasions, this is a chicken **** non-answer answer - your have NEVER stated which regents did what EVER - What got covered up? Got something for me? My guess is a blatant non-answer or crickets.
^
What I am talking about is that you and Baylor claim there were scores of rapes perpetrated by mostly Baylor Football players. How can you be this ill informed after all this time? Neither me or Baylor EVER said that. You would think as a Christian University that Baylor would want to make sure these so-called sexual predators faced some kind of punishment so they would not be allowed to just carry on in society and commit such crimes again. Is my logic flawed here? They just wanted to pay Dad so nobody would find out about it and their pristine reputation would remain intact? What about justice for all these women, Keyser. I am not talking about money. I am talking about JUSTICE. Using the Baylor narrative.
get a clue
Thank you, Keyser, for your most spectacular, concise, and detailed response. You win.

Have a good evening.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

You guys are classics!

Art destroyed himself. He had it all. We gave him everything he needed.

• $5M a year to just field a great offense
  • Open wallet from alumni tripping over their vienna sausages to be in the inner circle
  • Asleep at the wheel President
  • Asleep at the mini me wheel AD who could not fight his way out of a wet paper sack or a Vitek's wrapper
  • Ability to hire his grossly overqualified family members at 5X their market value
  • Pansy-@$$ non-conference scheduling
  • Epic collapses in some of the most important games in school history
  • The list goes on and on

The regents were given no choice. Art's in-actions forced their hands.

He'll bounce back. 7 of the 8 different 3A opponents had losing records last year. He will be a hero come December.
Aliceinbubbleland
Yogi said:

Great post. Glad to see Team Art fans outnumber the X's and Zeros on this board by 5-1 margin. Thanks Yogi.
57Bear
REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Do you find gang rape bizarre?

How many of the "gang" were charged with anything?
Thanks
How many were reported to the police - either Baylor police or Waco police?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

You guys are classics!

• Open wallet from alumni tripping over their vienna sausages to be in the inner circle
  • Asleep at the mini me wheel AD who could not fight his way out of a wet paper sack or a Vitek's wrapper
  • Ability to hire his grossly overqualified family members at 5X their market value

He'll bounce back. 7 of the 8 different 3A opponents had losing records last year. He will be a hero come December.
What Briles does really does not matter. Baylor Damage Control should leave the man and his family alone.

What is most important is whether or not Coach Rhule will be a hero come December. Bottom line is, it really does not matter. His job is safe. Wins at this point are just an added bonus.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
57Bear
Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks
Well that is what really matters.

So if a guy rapes your daughter, but your daughter was too ashamed and scared to come forward, it didn't happen I guess. The crutch you are holding has the EQ of a rock.
The parents made the volleyball player leave and then sued the school because ya know...money. They can go screw themselves. I feel bad for her, but that was a glaring money grab on her/her parent's part.
And the school would not have had any liability exposure if not for the coaches and AD screwing the pooch.
Didn't some of the administration know about the "exposure" events before the Athletic Department did?
REX
Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So if a guy rapes your daughter, but your daughter was too ashamed and scared to come forward, it didn't happen I guess. The crutch you are holding has the EQ of a rock.

My question to you requires a numeric answer
So how many????
Sailor Bear
REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So how many????

THE GUILT OR INNOCENCE OF THE ACCUSED HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SCANDAL OR WHY ART WAS FIRED.

Damnit some of you are still so clueless - after three entire years.
REX
Bearish said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So how many????

THE GUILT OR INNOCENCE OF THE ACCUSED HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SCANDAL OR WHY ART WAS FIRED.

If they are all innocent its not much of a scandal
Sailor Bear
REX said:

Bearish said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So how many????

Clueless. You're absolutely clueless.
Russell Gym
REX said:

Bearish said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So how many????

Now I understand. Wow.
Thee University
REX said:

Bearish said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So how many????

Post of the Year!
RegentCoverup
Thee University said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

You guys are classics!

This is a good summary,

Art was and is an offensive innovator.

But a professional coach? Program manager? Leader? He didn't earn the paycheck for those parts.

And some f those assistants just flat out sucked. Art paid assistants that should have been given the axe.
TheAgentGrant
This is just for you to answer Bearish, so please be respectful to him.

I am glad that as a University and program we have gone forward in a positive direction.

I watched Rhule in his presser yesterday and he's a "COACH".
I think he's going to do a great job this year.
Either he gets a ton of money or he's off to the NFL.
I think he's going to stay here for a while.
I do not see him heading a professional team.

Now my question for you sir.

Please tell us all what exactly happened?
I have read enough post by others. I have read reports.
I have talked and spent time discussing this from one of the accused.
I have heard board members at parties tell their version that sounded like a rehearsed version of it.

I have talked to people outside of the bubble.
I have talked to media people who side with Art.
I have spoken with people who just hate Baylor and everything that it stands for.
I have talked to people who love and hate Art.
These people came to me. I didn't go to them.
In your words what happened?
Please do not include things such as "he let his kids run wild".
What happened?
Keyser Soze
Bearish said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So how many????

Can not blue star this enough. Much of team Briles is not really in touch with what happened.
xiledinok
0/0/0 crew has nothing to hang their hat after all these years because they played every card wrong post firing.
No university or league trusts him or his crew.

FWIW, only Mac at the Fort Worth Star-Tel-a-lie is convinced Art is worth wasting space in the paper. The rest of the media wants to ask tough questions, which Art then uses a letter that has no credibility outside Baylor's bubble thanks to Art's post firing action.

Art's regent lawsuit was crushed and only the good old boy system in a little hamlet in East Texas got him a job.
xiledinok
REX said:

Bearish said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So how many????

Obviously, you are wrong. Pay attention much or just follow Art's 0/0/0 playbook to keep your son a member of his cult?
Sailor Bear
TheAgentGrant said:

I am glad that as a University and program we have gone forward in a positive direction.

I have heard board members at parties tell their version that sounded like a rehearsed version of it.

I have spoken with people who just hate Baylor and everything that it stands for.
What happened?
I will answer the "what happened" the way every one of us should: I don't know.

Seriously. What we know for sure is that, an addition to larger institutional failures, the football program - and specifically coaches - failed miserably to properly respond to allegations against their own players. We've known that since May 26, 2016 once the PH report was released. What was said on that day, verbally and in writing, was that the failures were all about the RESPONSE to ALLEGATIONS, not the guilt or innocence of anyone accused. It's that simple.

"In certain instances, including reports of a sexual assault by multiple football players, athletics and football personnel affirmatively chose not to report sexual violence and dating violence to an appropriate administrator outside of athletics. In those instances, football coaches or staff met directly with a complainant and/or a parent of a complainant and did not report the misconduct. As a result, no action was taken to support complainants, fairly and impartially evaluate the conduct under Title IX, address identified cultural concerns within the football program, or protect campus safety once aware of a potential pattern of sexual violence by multiple football players."

My opinion: The section above, from the PH report, was the death knell. This is why Art's termination was pursued. We have since learned, thanks to Chris Holmes, that Art was not one of these coaches doing these horrible things. So, at best Art was purposefully dumb to these facts. Far more likely, IMO, is that he knew damn well what was going on and didn't do a thing about it. That is why, on May 26, 2016, I said on this board something along the lines of "thanks for the wins, coach, but GTFO." It's not because I believe he ran a program full of proven rapists. It was never about that. Ever. Though, I'll concede that the media has done its part to make it about that.

That is the extent of my opinion. Known fact? Of course not.

As long as we're hell-bent on seeking a definite answer to "what happened" we're likely to be miserable, which is why people need to stop making Art's firing about something it was not and claiming every conspiracy theory a new "fact" because it cannot be proven false.
EllisonEagle75
Just shut up.
EllisonEagle75
And you shut up too. Your retorts are stupid.
Thee University
Keyser Soze said:

Can not blue star this enough. Much of team Briles is not really in touch with what happened.
The only touch they care about is when they get to shake his hand or pull on a black long sleeve t-shirt.
xiledinok
zunooreo said:

Actual footage of X cheering for an Art Briles led team. Nice jacket......

Lol! It was Thee originally who was in the jacket.

If they showed you in the stands, they would be referring to the 0/0/0 sweat hogs in the stands with fans.

"Look at those preponderance women."
xiledinok
EllisonEagle75 said:

And you shut up too. Your retorts are stupid.

0/0/0 was by far the dumbest idea in the history of college football. How did it turn out? Your boy is done.
Go eat a sweat hog out.
Thee University
xiledinok said:

zunooreo said:

If they showed you in the stands, they would be referring to the 0/0/0 sweat hogs in the stands with fans.

I did buy a green "Masters" blazer back around 2014 and wore it a few times with a gold tie.

The last (and only time) I wore a white suit was at the height of disco in 1977.
xiledinok
Thee University said:

xiledinok said:

zunooreo said:

I did buy a green "Masters" blazer back around 2014 and wore it a few times with a gold tie.

The last (and only time) I wore a white suit was at the height of disco in 1977.

He cannot figure out what poster to put next to the attractive brunette in a white shirt. He just knows it will never be him because he's next to 0/0/0, which would cause a normal man to pitch a shutout.

SATXBear
Bearish said:

TheAgentGrant said:

What happened?

Seriously. What we know for sure is that, an addition to larger institutional failures, the football program - and specifically coaches - failed miserably to properly respond to allegations against their own players. We've known that since May 26, 2016 once the PH report was released. What was said on that day, verbally and in writing, was that the failures were all about the RESPONSE to ALLEGATIONS, not the guilt or innocence of anyone accused. It's that simple.

"In certain instances, including reports of a sexual assault by multiple football players, athletics and football personnel affirmatively chose not to report sexual violence and dating violence to an appropriate administrator outside of athletics. In those instances, football coaches or staff met directly with a complainant and/or a parent of a complainant and did not report the misconduct. As a result, no action was taken to support complainants, fairly and impartially evaluate the conduct under Title IX, address identified cultural concerns within the football program, or protect campus safety once aware of a potential pattern of sexual violence by multiple football players."

My opinion: The section above, from the PH report, was the death knell. This is why Art's termination was pursued. We have since learned, thanks to Chris Holmes, that Art was not one of these coaches doing these horrible things. So, at best Art was purposefully dumb to these facts. Far more likely, IMO, is that he knew damn well what was going on and didn't do a thing about it. That is why, on May 26, 2016, I said on this board something along the lines of "thanks for the wins, coach, but GTFO." It's not because I believe he ran a program full of proven rapists. It was never about that. Ever. Though, I'll concede that the media has done its part to make it about that.

As long as we're hell-bent on seeking a definite answer to "what happened" we're likely to be miserable, which is why people need to stop making Art's firing about something it was not and claiming every conspiracy theory a new "fact" because it cannot be proven false.

Very accurate post
Keyser Soze
Thee University said:

xiledinok said:

zunooreo said:

We were all young and made mistakes. Many heterosexual men wore patened leather shoes as well.
canoso
SATXBear said:

Bearish said:

TheAgentGrant said:

What happened?

Very accurate post
Even the phrase "verbally and in writing" (par. 2)?

No, it's Swiss cheese, and poor Swiss cheese at that.
Keyser Soze
canoso said:

SATXBear said:

Bearish said:

TheAgentGrant said:

What happened?

Very accurate post
Even the phrase "verbally and in writing" (par. 2)?

No, it's Swiss cheese, and poor Swiss cheese at that.
Guess you missed Art's tweets, admissions before the BOR, and post firing admissions.
william
Bearish said:

TheAgentGrant said:

I am glad that as a University and program we have gone forward in a positive direction.......

I think he's going to styers."

My opinion: The section above, from the PH report, was the death knell. This is why Art's termination was pursued. We have since learned, thanks to Chris Holmes, that Art was not one of these coaches doing these horrible things. So, at best Art was purposefully dumb to these facts. Far more likely, IMO, is that he knew damn well whe.....
spoken like an arby's man. straightforward. just the facts. no frills. no atmosphere. no fluff.

just slice my beef thin and put it on an onion roll. thanks.

I'll select my own combination of condiments. thanks.

and a drink of my own choosing and I'll be on my way.

'murrica!!!

- BUmma

{ sipping coffee }
Go Bears!
MilliVanilli
Bearish said:

TheAgentGrant said:

What happened?

His chief fixer had his desk in his office, you can bet he knew all.
william
scatterpooping* while wondering where reagan ramsower is these days?

PA.

- UL

... and, as always, TIA.

* use of the term 'scattershooting' avoided in light of current events.

BID.

--

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/ramsower-to-leave-top-level-baylor-position-in-may/article_a13366d8-b35f-5184-9614-7d510fd50813.html
Go Bears!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.