Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles in the Houston Chronicle

62,717 Views | 369 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MilliVanilli
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

What do you want from this man?

I not ***ing kidding, as bad of a person as some of you think he is, your reactions have made you even WORSE human beings.

Let me tell you something about this man. I first met Art Briles about 2001. I have never seen a man love his family or his players so much. In an era where we label everyone a "racist" who disagrees with us. this man treated blacks, Hispanics, whites, Asians and gays like his own sons. Unlike many of you, he never lied to me or talked about me behind my back. He was what every single one of you say you want in a great friend.

And you guys have totally crucified this guy - and why is that even a surprise? Human beings are absolute garbage and who would ever blame God if he wanted to send every last one of us to Hell? I'm not blasphemous; I am right. We always go overboard. We always become worse than that what we hate - because we hate. Because of our vanities.

Let me tell you something: give yourselves the chance to be the friend and so-called "brothers in Christ" to Art Briles. You will be awesomely surprised. This is a GENUINELY GOOD MAN. He has been nothing but gold to me in 18 years of knowing him personally.

This statement will probably get me tossed into Hell - as if I don't already deserve it - but I GENUINELY hope some of you are treated by God by the way you have treated Art Briles.

And I will leave it at that.

If you ever REALLY knew that man, you'd know what I'm talking about. There's a reason kids wanted to play for him - and why he would have brought a national championship to Baylor University.
They are obsessed with him and want him destroyed.

Would not be surprised if some on here honestly would not smirk if he committed suicide.

Its how depraved some of the Regent cultists are.......they have never had their leadership and power challenged......they react like a raving mob of lunatic campus Antifa.

I don't know Art but I respect what he did with Baylor's football program. I wish him well in the future. But I don't think much about him day to day because he is not part of Baylor's future.

But then i'm a normal guy...with normal rational emotions and no deep mental issues.

The Regent cult is not......they are OBSESSED with this guy......its creepy as hell to watch.

I think some are obsessed with rebuilding his complacency towards discipline and other moronic failures.
Could you stop mixing Art's failures with politics?
You lose everyone outside the 0/0/0 misogynistic Caber crew when you throw out Antifa and other groups not tied to our situation.

You guys are desperate with the mentioning of suicide. Why go out on the fringe? This is entertainment.
Let's stick with something more realistic happening like Sweat Hog prevention through proper diet and exercise.

Caber dope is too strong!
Keyser Soze
Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

I not ***ing kidding, as bad of a person as some of you think he is, your reactions have made you even WORSE human beings.

Let me tell you something about this man. I first met Art Briles about 2001. I have never seen a man love his family or his players so much. In an era where we label everyone a "racist" who disagrees with us. this man treated blacks, Hispanics, whites, Asians and gays like his own sons. Unlike many of you, he never lied to me or talked about me behind my back. He was what every single one of you say you want in a great friend.

And you guys have totally crucified this guy - and why is that even a surprise? Human beings are absolute garbage and who would ever blame God if he wanted to send every last one of us to Hell? I'm not blasphemous; I am right. We always go overboard. We always become worse than that what we hate - because we hate. Because of our vanities.

Let me tell you something: give yourselves the chance to be the friend and so-called "brothers in Christ" to Art Briles. You will be awesomely surprised. This is a GENUINELY GOOD MAN. He has been nothing but gold to me in 18 years of knowing him personally.

This statement will probably get me tossed into Hell - as if I don't already deserve it - but I GENUINELY hope some of you are treated by God by the way you have treated Art Briles.

If you ever REALLY knew that man, you'd know what I'm talking about. There's a reason kids wanted to play for him - and why he would have brought a national championship to Baylor University.

Would not be surprised if some on here honestly would not smirk if he committed suicide.

Its how depraved some of the Regent cultists are.......they have never had their leadership and power challenged......they react like a raving mob of lunatic campus Antifa.

I don't know Art but I respect what he did with Baylor's football program. I wish him well in the future. But I don't think much about him day to day because he is not part of Baylor's future.

But then i'm a normal guy...with normal rational emotions and no deep mental issues.

The Regent cult is not......they are OBSESSED with this guy......its creepy as hell to watch.
You are not a normal guy. Normal guys don't swallow the bat **** crazy conspiracy theories hook line and sinker they way you R2 and few others have. You believe the boogie man was out to get Art - that same people that approved Art's 10 years contract, new stadium, new nutrition center and much more .. overnight hated sports and wanted more Bible study.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

You are not a normal guy. Normal guys don't swallow the bat **** crazy conspiracy theories hook line and sinker they way you R2 and few others have. You believe the boogie man was out to get Art - that same people that approved Art's 10 years contract, new stadium, new nutrition center and much more .. overnight hated sports and wanted more Bible study.

With all due respect, Keyser, I don't think that a small handful of corrupt Regents covering up their own missteps and lack of oversight of Title IX and sexual assaults involving the TOTAL student population at Baylor is really that much of a "batsh ! t crazy conspiracy theory."

I do believe Briles did have some responsibility in this mess and shares some of the blame. The $15 million he was paid to go away and remain silent and the $2.5 million his attorneys were paid by Baylor tells this "abnormal" guy all he needs to know.

Yogi is and has always been a good poster. Stay on the high road, Keyser. I expect better from you.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Keyser Soze
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

With all due respect, Keyser, I don't think that a small handful of corrupt Regents covering up their own missteps and lack of oversight of Title XI and sexual assaults involving the TOTAL student population at Baylor is really that much of a "batsh ! t crazy conspiracy theory."

I do believe Briles did have some responsibility in this mess and shares some of the blame. The $15 million he was paid to go away and remain silent and the $2.5 million his attorneys were paid by Baylor tells this "abnormal" guy all he needs to know.

Yogi is and has always been a good poster. Stay on the high road, Keyser. I expect better from you.

Expect better from you ?..... coming from the guy who has implied countless times that any alleged victim coming forward was there just to collect the cash

BTW: Can you name those regents and the specifics of what they did? What got covered up? Got something for me? my guess is a blatant non-answer answer or crickets.

SATXBear
Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

Not to take sides at all, but folks like you and Yogi are just as obsessed from the other extreme as X and Milli if that is what you calling it. Pot calling the kettle black.
xiledinok
SATXBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

Not to take sides at all, but folks like you and Yogi are just as obsessed from the other extremely as X and Milli if that is what you calling it. Pot calling the kettle black.
Antifa? Non Baylor graduate Florida Mike has similar poor analysis.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

With all due respect, Keyser, I don't think that a small handful of corrupt Regents covering up their own missteps and lack of oversight of Title XI and sexual assaults involving the TOTAL student population at Baylor is really that much of a "batsh ! t crazy conspiracy theory."

Expect better from you ?..... coming from the guy who has implied countless times that any alleged victim coming forward was there just to collect the cash

BTW: Can you name those regents and the specifics of what they did? What got covered up? Got something for me? my guess is a blatant non-answer answer or crickets.
You'll find evidence of a regent-led cover-up right by the evidence of a Briles cover-up. I don't believe in any conspiracy theory, outside of the machinations of some people down in Austin (which is very real, btw). I do, however, believe in obscenely poor crisis management. Firing Briles, IMO, was stupid. Baylor could have weathered the storm and punished him internally. Letting Briles go is what caused the storm, both in the media and with our alumni. It gave credence to the idea that there was a real sexual-assault culture at Baylor, which is/was nonsense.

A few regents decided that character mattered and Baylor athletics had to have a higher standard than other programs, which is fine, but I'm not sure it was worth it.
Keyser Soze
BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

You'll find evidence of a regent-led cover-up right by the evidence of a Briles cover-up. I don't believe in any conspiracy theory, outside of the machinations of some people down in Austin (which is very real, btw). I do, however, believe in obscenely poor crisis management. Firing Briles, IMO, was stupid. Baylor could have weathered the storm and punished him internally. Letting Briles go is what caused the storm, both in the media and with our alumni. It gave credence to the idea that there was a real sexual-assault culture at Baylor, which is /was nonsense.

A few regents decided that character mattered and Baylor athletics had to have a higher standard than other programs, which is fine, but I'm not sure it was worth it.
26 of 30 regents voted to get rid of Briles, is that the "few" you are talking about?

Saying "firing Briles" caused all the storm is like blaming the guy who pulled the fire alarm of a burning building.

Eball
Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

You'll find evidence of a regent-led cover-up right by the evidence of a Briles cover-up. I don't believe in any conspiracy theory, outside of the machinations of some people down in Austin (which is very real, btw). I do, however, believe in obscenely poor crisis management. Firing Briles, IMO, was stupid. Baylor could have weathered the storm and punished him internally. Letting Briles go is what caused the storm, both in the media and with our alumni. It gave credence to the idea that there was a real sexual-assault culture at Baylor, which is /was nonsense.

26 of 30 regents voted to get rid of Briles, is that the "few" you are talking about?

Saying "firing Briles" caused all the storm is like blaming the guy who pulled the fire alarm of a burning building.

It validated suspicions as far as the media was concerned....I don't see how anyone can argue it was the right thing to do in hindsight? We as a University, Football program, fan base, and CAB would have been better off to have made changes, handled any discipline in house and moved on...we would be past this by now and not likely staring donw the gun of an NCAA investigation.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

There was a small group of regents that essentially took charge. All of the others were herded and mindless cattle that were there for the free shrimp.

Where exactly was the fire? The Texas Monthly piece? Did you happen to read that? It wasn't exactly bursting with information outside of the fact that the Ukwuachu trial was being kept from the public...BY COURT ORDER. That's a ridiculous assertion. Things didn't get nasty until we hired PH and they canned Briles.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Eball said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

It validated suspicions as far as the media was concerned....I don't see how anyone can argue it was the right thing to do in hindsight? We as a University, Football program, fan base, and CAB would have been better off to have made changes, handled any discipline in house and moved on...we would be past this by now and not likely staring donw the gun of an NCAA investigation.
Exactly. There are countless examples of how to handle this stuff. The BOR hit the red button. Actually, they hit the red button and literally had nobody planning a crisis management strategy.

That whole ordeal was bizarre.
Keyser Soze
Do you find gang rape bizarre?

REX
Keyser Soze said:

How many of the "gang" were charged with anything?
Thanks
Gunny Hartman
Doesn't everybody here get tired of talking about the same s*** they've been talking about every day for the past 3 years?

This thread sucks balls.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Keyser Soze said:

*** does that have to do with having literally no crisis management strategy?

Also, nice job of avoiding my questions.
Keyser Soze
REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks
Well that is what really matters.

So if a guy rapes your daughter, but your daughter was too ashamed and scared to come forward, it didn't happen I guess. The crutch you are holding has the EQ of a rock.
Keyser Soze
BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

Just do a thread search if you want my answers to that - already done it a few dozen times.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

So if a guy rapes your daughter, but your daughter was too ashamed and scared to come forward, it didn't happen I guess. The crutch you are holding has the EQ of a rock.
The parents made the volleyball player leave, didn't report any crime and then sued the school because ya know...money. They can go screw themselves. I feel bad for her, but that was a glaring money grab on her/her parent's part.
BaylorRocks
Thread has been great......and helping me see the additional posters on this site that need to have <IGNORE> invoked. Its hard to get to that status with me, but some have definitely have earned it before and now some here do too.

Time to clean up the clutter.....bye bye
<IGNORE>
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

Just do a thread search if you want my answers to that - already done it a few dozen times.
Pft, dude there was no "fire". The fire got started when Baylor hired PH and then fired Briles. It's fine if you think all that was justified, but somebody can also have the opinion that it could have been handled differently with a better outcome.
Keyser Soze
BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

The parents made the volleyball player leave and then sued the school because ya know...money. They can go screw themselves. I feel bad for her, but that was a glaring money grab on her/her parent's part.
And the school would not have had any liability exposure if not for the coaches and AD screwing the pooch.

Banned BarleyMcDougal
Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

REX said:

Keyser Soze said:

Thanks

The parents made the volleyball player leave and then sued the school because ya know...money. They can go screw themselves. I feel bad for her, but that was a glaring money grab on her/her parent's part.
And the school would not have had any liability exposure if not for the coaches and AD screwing the pooch.
Sure. No argument there. But, it doesn't validate the decision to fire Briles and hire PH. A lot of people fumbled that. Wasn't there an A&T coach that said something like "that's not our problem" when confronted with something similar?
SATXBear
xiledinok said:

SATXBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

Not to take sides at all, but folks like you and Yogi are just as obsessed from the other extremely as X and Milli if that is what you calling it. Pot calling the kettle black.

You miss the point. Not calling you Antifa. Actually agree with a lot of your points, though I realize your point is to antagonize and entertain. The point is if others complain about you, they need to look at how silly their stance is. Pot calling the kettle black.
Keyser Soze
BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

Pft, dude there was no "fire". The fire got started when Baylor hired PH and then fired Briles. It's fine if you think all that was justified, but somebody can also have the opinion that it could have been handled differently with a better outcome.
Your gonna get a bronze chevron to sew on your CAB black long sleeve T for that one.

Just because we didn't know all the shady stuff going on under Briles until after PH, that does not mean there were not big problems.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

Your gonna get a bronze chevron to sew on your CAB black long sleeve T for that one.

Just because we didn't know all the shady stuff going on under Briles until after PH, that does not mean there were not big problems.
A. Don't ever make some reference to me being some CABer again. Ever.

B. I could not care less about the shady stuff. Not one iota. If it wasn't outright illegal, I flatly don't care. It's college football. This BS goes on. I don't care.
xiledinok
SATXBear said:

xiledinok said:

SATXBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

You miss the point. Not calling you Antifa. Actually agree with a lot of your points, though I realize your point is to antagonize and entertain. The point is if others complain about you, they need to look at how silly their stance is. Pot calling the kettle black.

I understood. The mixing of politics and sports to sale Art only would happen at Baylor.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

SATXBear said:

xiledinok said:

SATXBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

I understood. The mixing of politics and sports to sale Art only would happen at Baylor.
You forgot to reference Oklahoma. Can you edit that for our benefit?
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

B. I could not care less about the shady stuff. Not one iota. If it wasn't outright illegal, I flatly don't care. It's college football. This BS goes on. I don't care.

Most all just get rid of the player and move on because we see what happens when schools do not.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

Baylor was and still is an easy mark. That is why I no longer trust them with my money. Baylor paid out like a slot machine numerous times with the case not going to court. Anyone that wanted a check got one. Why is that? Your narrative makes the leadership of Baylor all the more inept, immoral, and incompetent. Why would ANYONE want to allow a sexual predator to just get away scott free with no consequences? I'll tell you why. It is a bunch of crap.

I don't know of a single Dad out there that would advise their daughter to go talk to the head football coach after they were raped. That is TOTAL bull**** and you know it.

BTW: Can you name the specifics of what Briles did? What got covered up? Got something for me? My guess is a blatant non-answer or crickets.

-- Barack Obama
BaylorRocks
Actual footage of X cheering for an Art Briles led team. Nice jacket......

Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

Most all just get rid of the player and move on because we see what happens when schools do not.
The staff did that a few times, but you're right...not enough.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

A handful of rogue Regents and about twenty potted plants that went along to get along.

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Keyser Soze said:

The staff did that a few times, but you're right...not enough.

They gambled and didn't know how to handle.
Ian let Art be the King while Starr was asleep cashing a check.

Staffs' post firing actions were beyond poor and they were eaten alive because of it.
Keyser Soze
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

Baylor was and still is an easy mark. That is why I no longer trust them with my money. Baylor paid out like a slot machine numerous times with the case not going to court. Anyone that wanted a check got one. Why is that? Your narrative makes the leadership of Baylor all the more inept, immoral, and incompetent. Why would ANYONE want to allow a sexual predator to just get away scott free with no consequences? *** are you talking about I'll tell you why. It is a bunch of crap.

I don't know of a single Dad out there that would advise their daughter to go talk to the head football coach after they were raped. That is TOTAL bull**** and you know it.

BTW: Can you name the specifics of what Briles did? I have on numerous occasions, this is a chicken **** non-answer answer - your have NEVER stated which regents did what EVER - What got covered up? Got something for me? My guess is a blatant non-answer or crickets.
^
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yogi said:

Baylor was and still is an easy mark. That is why I no longer trust them with my money. Baylor paid out like a slot machine numerous times with the case not going to court. Anyone that wanted a check got one. Why is that? Your narrative makes the leadership of Baylor all the more inept, immoral, and incompetent. Why would ANYONE want to allow a sexual predator to just get away scott free with no consequences? *** are you talking about I'll tell you why. It is a bunch of crap.

BTW: Can you name the specifics of what Briles did? I have on numerous occasions, this is a chicken **** non-answer answer - your have NEVER stated which regents did what EVER - What got covered up? Got something for me? My guess is a blatant non-answer or crickets.
^
What I am talking about is that you and Baylor claim there were scores of rapes perpetrated by mostly Baylor Football players. You would think as a Christian University that Baylor would want to make sure these so-called sexual predators faced some kind of punishment so they would not be allowed to just carry on in society and commit such crimes again. Is my logic flawed here? You are saying that Baylor just wanted to pay Dad so nobody would find out about, limit their financial losses, and their pristine reputation would remain intact? What about justice for all these women, Keyser? I am not talking about money. I am talking about JUSTICE. Using the Baylor narrative.

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.