Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles in the Houston Chronicle

62,724 Views | 369 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MilliVanilli
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheAgentGrant said:

I got to tell you there are some things that I take personal, but this I have not.
I guess I have other things in my life that have more priority,
Why did they pay him if he was guilty. That doesn't hold much credibility with me.
It wasn't my money so I don't have an opinion about it.
I like Art as a person, and I really don't care enough to speak bad about someone.
However I did enjoy Cary Gray's stand up act in Rice Village before the Rice game in 2016.

Why did Briles not take all the money left on his contract if he was wronged? He took less than legally entitled. He was terminated without cause. His actions defy logic for a guy with clean hands.

Why drop his lawsuit?

Art showing up for a half at Rice, monitoring the internet and dashing off before ESPN could speak to him was comedy. A stunt that got him hammered.

You know a great deal. Who is writing the documentary checks? Why keep the executive producers' names quiet?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

I got to tell you there are some things that I take personal, but this I have not.
Why did they pay him if he was guilty. That doesn't hold much credibility with me.
I like Art as a person, and I really don't care enough to speak bad about someone.
However I did enjoy Cary Gray's stand up act in Rice Village before the Rice game in 2016.

Art showing up for a half at Rice, monitoring the internet and dashing off before ESPN could speak to him was comedy. A stunt that got him hammered.

As far as I can tell, you are the only person here that got his panties in a wad about Briles attending the Rice game in Houston. Hell, I wish he would have showed up to the Texas game too!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
TheAgentGrant
Why did Briles not take all the money left on his contract if he was wronged?

Well my take is that by what I understand on Thursday he was told he was OK.
I was not in his camp or in the negotiations so I can not comment. I think he probably told by Ernest to take the deal that BU offered him. Thought he had another job.
Now he was still on leave or whatever the term that BU was using with intent to fire, but they had not.
He probably thought things would clear up. This is only my opinion he probably thought that he was going to be OK.

In my opinion, and I do have some strong opinions here is that some people within the administration,
one I can think of who was texting one said orangebloods in the hearing with Art.
Said person probably told this certain person that they would hand Art's dirty laundry on a plate so that he would never coach at a P5 again.

He planned to leave us and he burned you so lets both take him down.
That is not a statement that is simply an opinion. (Allegedly)

He took less than legally entitled. He was terminated without cause. His actions defy logic for a guy with clean hands.

Everybody doesn't see the world the same way.
And the word clean hands is relative and speculative when your superiors do not have cleaned hands as well.

Why drop his lawsuit?
Because he probably wanted Kendall to come out of this OK.
I think as a parent I would have done the same thing.

Well again that's relative to what rules you live by.
Was it probably not the smartest thing?
I would not have done it, but I am not a football coach.
I stay in the back of the room now.
Just the person I have become over the years.

You know a great deal. Who is writing the documentary checks? Why keep the executive producers' names quiet?

I will make a deal with you.
You reach out to me either by cell and I will tell you everything that I know.
You know how to get the number. Deal?

xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

As far as I can tell, you are the only person here that got his panties in a wad about Briles attending the Rice game in Houston. Hell, I wish he would have showed up to the Texas game too!!!
He just likes to poke the needle. Unnecessary and classless. It went over poorly.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

Why did Briles not take all the money left on his contract if he was wronged?

Well my take is that by what I understand on Thursday he was told he was OK.
I was not in his camp or in the negotiations so I can not comment. I think he probably told by Ernest to take the deal that BU offered him. Thought he had another job.
Now he was still on leave or whatever the term that BU was using with intent to fire, but they had not.
He probably thought things would clear up. This is only my opinion he probably thought that he was going to be OK.

In my opinion, and I do have some strong opinions here is that some people within the administration,
one I can think of who was texting one said orangebloods in the hearing with Art.
Said person probably told this certain person that they would hand Art's dirty laundry on a plate so that he would never coach at a P5 again.

He planned to leave us and he burned you so lets both take him down.
That is not a statement that is simply an opinion. (Allegedly)

He took less than legally entitled. He was terminated without cause. His actions defy logic for a guy with clean hands.

Everybody doesn't see the world the same way.
And the word clean hands is relative and speculative when your superiors do not have cleaned hands as well.

Why drop his lawsuit?
Because he probably wanted Kendall to come out of this OK.
I think as a parent I would have done the same thing.

Well again that's relative to what rules you live by.
Was it probably not the smartest thing?
I would not have done it, but I am not a football coach.
I stay in the back of the room now.
Just the person I have become over the years.

I will make a deal with you.
You reach out to me either by cell and I will tell you everything that I know.
You know how to get the number. Deal?

No thanks.

You trashed Sam's lawyer pretty good the other day. You are pushing the lies pretty good.

No one has said the football coach's bosses had clean hands. However, the football coach has to control his team. If he doesn't he gets held responsible.

His lawyer didn't put him in his position. He takes no responsibility and the public has no use for him. His ignorance is no excuse. No coach has tried his approach after getting caught in a bad situation.

Who are the executive producers of the documentary? I'm curious who would pay for a documentary of him? I do not see Wal-Mart, Amazon or any major distributor picking up his book. I don't see any major media company finding interest in his documentary when he won't answer questions.
TheAgentGrant
I didn't trash anyone. Saying you heard something doesn't mean its true. If I believe everything that I heard about myself? Everything that I listed about was speculative. Lies? No no lies. I didn't make one comment about and say that it was factual. Just scenarios.
AgentGrant
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

I didn't trash anyone. I just repeated what was told by more than 1 person .
I said I heard. Doesn't mean that it is true. Just someones opinion.

Those were big lies. Which players were pushing those lies? It wasn't an opinion because there was no evidence the lawyer ever drank. They reputation was that he and his family are clean Christian living people.

There's a reason why no one wants to be associated with some of these people pushing these lies.
There's no margin for error with those guys. Their prospective employers will get slaughtered in the court of public opinion once they screw up again. Why bother when there's plenty of guys with less baggage to fill the roles? The risk is not worth it and none of those prospective employers need to rehab images or have the time.

TheAgentGrant
I am sure he is a great guy. You may be too. Opinions of someone saying that he appeared to be.
I agree with you. Hell my high coach ran off guys who were ALL-State because they smoked weed or drank right before the final game of their senior year. GT ran off guys too for being a clown. I get it. I just do not take it so personal as you do. Its just football. I am not on the field. I have no impact on that game at all other than an observer. I am not on the board. I think they run the school bad in some ways but I do not have any so say of what they do. I could care less what someone said about an attorney. I also heard from another guy that the attorney that Sam used was one of the best. You are the one that slammed him saying that he was incompetent and a bad deal from the get go because CAB chose him. I did not say that you did.
AgentGrant
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

I am sure he is a great guy. You may be too. Opinions of someone saying that he appeared to be is what I said.
I agree with you. Hell my high coach ran off guys who were ALL-State because they smoked weed or drank right before the final game of their senior year. GT ran off guys too for being a clown. I get it. I just do not take it so personal as you do. Its just football. I am not on the field. I have no impact on that game at all other than an observer. I am not on the board. I think they run the school bad in some ways but I do not have any so say of what they do. I could care less what someone said about an attorney. I also heard from another guy that the attorney that Sam used was one of the best. You are the one that slammed him saying that he was incompetent and a bad deal from the get go because CAB chose him. I did not say that you did.

It was actually a pretty good compromised verdict.
I posted it was bad that Cab and company decided to chose Sam's lawyer for him.
The cellphone issue wasn't the best performance, imo. Those are things that are easy to figure out and lawyers share information with each other to learn about it. I don't know if he tried the case by himself. I wouldn't have tried it by myself.

I wasn't the one posting that he was a drunk, addicted to drugs and had to go to rehab. Those things never entered the public forum until a few years after the verdict. It was the same playbook that the Caber crew runs on the women.

Who told you he appeared to be a drunk, drug addict? Was it the rugby player who decided to come to the United States under a visa, avoid law enforcement questions and then cried and whined when our government was going to ship him back to his foreign country with restrictions never to return to the United States? He would be a really poor source, imo.

Who were your sources? Players? Ex-coaches? Briles? A current high school assistant with Briles who played for him?

Most successful coaches know when to run players off. However, Art didn't understand it that it had to be done. Maybe he'll get another chance to make a tough decision at Mt V.
TheAgentGrant
I never said any of those things. Drug addict? Rehab? Wow I never saw that post because I know nothing about the guy. I do not think any attorney would be foolish enough to get high and work a case.

My sources? If we were friends I would gladly tell you what He hear but its ll second hand anyway.

Again you take things that have no significance in your life way too personal.
AgentGrant
DioNoZeus
Jesus, would you f*cktards take this **** to PMs already?
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

I never said any of those things. Drug addict? Rehab? Wow I never saw that post because I know nothing about the guy. I do not think any attorney would be foolish enough to get high and work a case.

My sources? If we were friends I would gladly tell you what He hear but its ll second hand anyway.

Again you take things that have no significance in your life way too personal.
Those sources probably lied to you. It's not personal. It's entertainment though your sources do take it personal it seems because they weren't telling you the truth. I am curious what agenda they have to go after the guy.
Eball
I hate responding to X but his comment about CAB and program not running off bad apples is not factual just his opinion. For another side check out CPB's interview with FWST. They booted plenty of players and also met resistance from JA on others.
xiledinok
DioNoZeus said:

Jesus, would you f*cktards take this **** to PMs already?
That's a convincing way to get what you want accomplished.
Hamboner, is that you? If so, I am glad you made it out of Las Vegas alive.
Don't worry, I am done.
xiledinok
Eball said:

I hate responding to X but his comment about CAB and program not running off bad apples is not factual just his opinion. For another side check out CPB's interview with FWST. They booted plenty of players and also met resistance from JA on others.
They didn't run off enough guys from the results.

Eball, have you ever preached a sermon under an hour? You are the Baptist preacher other churches dream about on Sunday when they need to beat the crowds to the Sunday lunch spots.
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

Can't believe the admin's on this site haven't banned X (and her/his IP address(es)) yet. Her/His vulgar language and personally-directed abusive comments about others are so far over anyone's line of realistic decency it should embarrass the site owners to allow it.

Just my two bits.....

Sic'em
I stand by my post.

Sic'em
Keyser Soze
zunooreo said:

zunooreo said:

Can't believe the admin's on this site haven't banned X (and her/his IP address(es)) yet. Her/His vulgar language and personally-directed abusive comments about others are so far over anyone's line of realistic decency it should embarrass the site owners to allow it.

Just my two bits.....

Sic'em
I stand by my post.

Sic'em

There is about 20 or so that have **** shamed Baylor co eds who made accusations of rape that are far more deserving of a ban than any of the back and forth X gives.
xiledinok
zunooreo said:

zunooreo said:

Just my two bits.....

Sic'em
I stand by my post.

Sic'em

Cabers can hit us with lies and propaganda but we cannot bite them back?
Those vivacious TAPPS rivalries must be the stopping point for you.
Keyser Soze
In thier defense, the handful left may be dumb enough to actually believe the lies and propoganda.
xiledinok
Keyser Soze said:

In thier defense, the handful left may be dumb enough to actually believe the lies and propoganda.

Most likely the same type of guys texting their bookies in church at 11:30 a.m. to get in on some Cleveland Browns Baker Mayfield action.
They think the NFL and schools haven't checked out what transpired through law enforcement and private channels when it pertains to the 0/0/0 crowd.
Eball
Keyser Soze said:

I see you are in a particularly mean spirited and intolerant mood this morning...anything I can pray about?
Keyser Soze
Eball said:

Keyser Soze said:

I see you are in a particularly mean spirited and intolerant mood this morning...anything I can pray about?
No me, but pray for a 10 win football season, that seems to cure ills more than most anything.

DioNoZeus
zunooreo said:

zunooreo said:

Just my two bits.....

Sic'em
I stand by my post.

Sic'em

TheAgentGrant
You're the only one pushing the propaganda of" "If you don't believe everything we tell you than your'e the enemy" and a fan of the coach. You always show up Keysor when things come out in the media leading to questions.

Personally, I am not a so-called Caber. I don't really care who the coach is.
I like Rhule and I like his style. However, I do not people like persons or institutions saying, "believe what we say because we are said institution and its facts because we are who we are".
Then things are falling apart at the seams regarding the data backing your claims.

I look at facts first, then I listen to what people say.

I have not analyzed anything that has not brought skepticism to this whole crisis.
What some have labeled as facts, are not factual in many ways.

Everything has hidden under a blanket of "you only get to know what you want you to know",
or "we do not have to release anything because we are a private institution".

You have one conviction, and another young man that has had his case suspect for a 2nd time now.
Another was acquitted of the charges and lost a chance to make his life better. Or better yet the Waco PD has. Being a fan of winning does not make someone an "ER" fan of anyone.
It's winning, you ought to try to do it sometimes it's fun.

There a lot of blanks left to fill and a lot of grey area that hasn't been answered other than the coach and the staff purposively letting the players run amuck, and the "white girls" comment. SMH
Hell I liked white girls too in college.

When I first heard all of this it sounded like the BU campus had football players waiting on every corner waiting to sexual assault anyone that passed by. Ridiculous. Then we hear "if you only knew, it would be so bad for Baylor it would blah, blah, blah." But still no answers. Now we hear that because of Jeff Dunham's case other things are coming out.

Wanting the truth doesn't make a person a fan of a coach, that makes a person a fan of the truth.
If he did something tell us, then it's over. Then we all know.

Look UT made SMU with the scandal, and if you have half a brain you know that that scandal had everything to do who was in the governor's mansion and a maroon Trans Am from Sealy Texas.

All the facts fall into place if you say, "well he pissed us off, he tried to get another job, so we wanted him out of here". "We knew we could get the coach that we wanted". Which you do. You don't have to make an excuse, if it's not true and I'm not saying it isn't. Don't hide and point fingers. Be accountable. Be honest which a lot believe they have not.

AgentGrant
SATXBear
TheAgentGrant said:

You're the only one pushing the propaganda of" "If you don't believe everything we tell you than your'e the enemy" and a fan of the coach. You always show up Keysor when things come out in the media leading to questions.

I like Rhule and I like his style. However, I do not people like persons or institutions saying, "believe what we say because we are said institution and its facts because we are who we are".
Then things are falling apart at the seams regarding the data backing your claims.

I have not analyzed anything that has not brought skepticism to this whole crisis.

Everything has hidden under a blanket of "you only get to know what you want you to know",

You have one conviction, and another young man that has had his case suspect for a 2nd time now.
Another was acquitted of the charges and lost a chance to make his life better. Or better yet the Waco PD has. Being a fan of winning does not make someone an "ER" fan of anyone.

There a lot of blanks left to fill and a lot of grey area that hasn't been answered other than the coach and the staff purposively letting the players run amuck, and the "white girls" comment. SMH

When I first heard all of this it sounded like the BU campus had football players waiting on every corner waiting to sexual assault anyone that passed by. Ridiculous. Then we hear "if you only knew, it would be so bad for Baylor it would blah, blah, blah." But still no answers. Now we hear that because of Jeff Dunham's case other things are coming out.

Wanting the truth doesn't make a person a fan of a coach, that makes a person a fan of the truth.

Look UT made SMU with the scandal, and if you have half a brain you know that that scandal had everything to do who was in the governor's mansion and a maroon Trans Am from Sealy Texas.

All the facts fall into place if you say, "well he pissed us off, he tried to get another job, so we wanted him out of here". "We knew we could get the coach that we wanted". Which you do. You don't have to make an excuse, if it's not true and I'm not saying it isn't. Don't hide and point fingers. Be accountable. Be honest which a lot believe they have not.

You have a vivid imagination. You must spend a lot of time thinking about this topic.
ImwithBU
My man Art looks happy. It was telling when he said i dont blame the media, you guys only write what you are feed... Dude will be back coaching college in a few years, hopefully he gets Mt Vernon a championship before he leaves (if he decides to leave).
MilliVanilli
SATXBear said:

TheAgentGrant said:

You have a vivid imagination. You must spend a lot of time thinking about this topic.
He also once made a video he posted guaranteeing Gundy was coming to Baylor, because you know, he has infallible inside sources.

He also told us a few months ago that Major Applewhite was being groomed by Mack Brown to take over UT...the same UT that just won a Sugar Bowl with a coach who's staff Applewhite was forbidden to join...and the same Mack Brown who just went back to North Carolina and was negotiating that move in the timeline that he suggested he was grooming Applewhite for UT...and the same Applewhite that unceremoniously canned by UH after being humiliated by Army.....o, yeah, and Brown didn't invite Applewhite on to his new staff despite his availability at that.

He has an alternate reality he likes to test out in public.
osoprimo
xiledinok said:

The NCAA should just ban Art to send a message. There's a ban everyone can live with but his supporters (who didn't even go to Baylor and most do not know the general alumni who don't attend Baylor events but for once or twice a decade).
Rent free
DAC
MilliVanilli said:

SATXBear said:

TheAgentGrant said:

He also once made a video he posted guaranteeing Gundy was coming to Baylor, because you know, he has infallible inside sources.

He also told us a few months ago that Major Applewhite was being groomed by Mack Brown to take over UT...the same UT that just won a Sugar Bowl with a coach who's staff Applewhite was forbidden to join...and the same Mack Brown who just went back to North Carolina and was negotiating that move in the timeline that he suggested he was grooming Applewhite for UT...and the same Applewhite that unceremoniously canned by UH after being humiliated by Army.....o, yeah, and Brown didn't invite Applewhite on to his new staff despite his availability at that.

Only 4 edits for that?
MilliVanilli
DAC said:

MilliVanilli said:

SATXBear said:

TheAgentGrant said:

Only 4 edits for that?
You only signed into one of the sock screen names dedicated to your obsession with Milli Vanilli to say nothing of value?

You see, unlike you Caber illiterates, when autocorrect makes a mistake, we have the wherewithal to alter it.

Hugs n' Kisses.

Enjoy that 3A high school football season.
xiledinok
osoprimo said:

xiledinok said:

The NCAA should just ban Art to send a message. There's a ban everyone can live with but his supporters (who didn't even go to Baylor and most do not know the general alumni who don't attend Baylor events but for once or twice a decade).
Rent free
I m a Baylor alumni. Our school bought him because of his failures (and our own).
We know the beauty pageant owners do not want him.
william
art longa, vita brevis..........

- BUmma

{ sipping coffee }
Go Bears!
TheAgentGrant
MilliVanilli said:

SATXBear said:

TheAgentGrant said:

There you go. First 2 paragraphs. STILLWATER Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has once again found himself in the head coaching search rumor mill.

Gundy, in his 12th season at OSU, reportedly met with Baylor Athletic Director Mack Rhoades this week concerning its vacancy, according the OSU sideline reporter Robert Allen of GoPokes.com.

"https://oklahoman.com/article/5529744/osu-football-conflicting-reports-question-mike-gundys-interest-in-head-coaching-vacancies
AgentGrant
Stranger
TheAgentGrant said:

MilliVanilli said:

SATXBear said:

TheAgentGrant said:

There you go. First 2 paragraphs. STILLWATER Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has once again found himself in the head coaching search rumor mill.

Gundy, in his 12th season at OSU, reportedly met with Baylor Athletic Director Mack Rhoades this week concerning its vacancy, according the OSU sideline reporter Robert Allen of GoPokes.com.

"https://oklahoman.com/article/5529744/osu-football-conflicting-reports-question-mike-gundys-interest-in-head-coaching-vacancies

. . . and your point?
I'm a Bearbacker
MilliVanilli
TheAgentGrant said:

MilliVanilli said:

SATXBear said:

TheAgentGrant said:

You made a literal video you posted GUARANTEEING he was Baylor's next coach as if you had some firsthand inside info, you didn't, so don't try to pivot away from the fact you were just talking out of your ass as usual.

And your Applewhite being groomed to replace Herman by Mack Brown prediction, lulz.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.