Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles in the Houston Chronicle

62,670 Views | 369 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MilliVanilli
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MilliVanilli said:

xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sampi82 said:

Exactly.

If people wanna have endless talks about Art Briles take it to texags.

The aggy inbreds and tcu cokeheads are the only ones obsessed about this tired ass subject to keep talking about it.
Wow, the most reasonable thing you've posted. Hope for you yet.
Let him know a name on your diploma. It will send the CABERS into a free fall.
Well, he'll like one of the names on it, Kenneth Starr.
Girl, you are going to knock them down like Oral Roberts healing his flock on television in 1956!
You have someone famous for carrying around a scandalous blue dress. I have 1st Baptist Amarillo's relief pitcher.
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

He has taken much more responsibility in this mess than your beloved Board of Regents. A shame you don't hold them to the same standard.

Yeah.....yeah.....Milli. No need to retaliate. BOOM! I get it. I am a CABer.
Allow me to help you out. Below are the names of the Texas Lutheran University Board of Regents. I think you know a few already. Here is a chance for you to prevent your new alma mater from pulling a baylor.

Knock yourself out!

Mike Appling, CEO, TNT Crane And Rigging, Houston
Glynn Bloomquist, secretary, CEO & chairman, Empresario LLC., Austin
Nancy Breland, JD, CPA, CFP, treasurer, attorney, Breland & Breland, Houston
Dan Church, vice chairman, Axon Energy Products, Spring
Chris Claus, retired, USAA Executive Council, San Antonio
Pastor Michael Coffey, First English Lutheran Church, Austin
Sarah Ellis, external auditor, XO Group Inc., Austin
Susan Evers, retired financial executive, USAA, San Antonio
Charles Franks, CPA, retired, Valero Energy Corporation, San Antonio
Ilene Gohmert-Leck, CPA, Cuero
Joel Gronberg, senior associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Houston
Demetrius Hardeman, supervisory special agent, Internal Revenue Service, Washington D.C.
Gary Kolkhorst, managing partner, Kolkhorst & Kolkhorst CPA, Houston
Verne Lundquist, sports commentator, CBS Sports, Steamboat Springs, CO
Richard Manske, attorney, Manske & Manske, El Campo
Nancy May, CEO and president, San Antonio Humane Society, San Antonio
Robin Melvin, attorney, Graves, Dougherty Hearon & Moody, Austin
Rev. Kendra Mohn, pastor, Trinity Lutheran Church, Ft. Worth
Luis J. Moreno, chief of staff, Texas State Senator Juan Hinojosa, Austin
Laura O'Donnell, attorney, Haynes and Boone, San Antonio
Robert L. Oliver, founder/manager, Metano Energy, San Antonio
Wesley Peoples, chair, founder/president, Wes Peoples Homes, Austin
Russ Rinn, EVP of Metals Recycling of Steel Dynamics, Inc., president and chief operating officer of OmniSource Corporation, Fort Wayne, IN
Xavier Rodriguez, U.S. District Judge, San Antonio
Jairo Romero, chief revenue officer & executive vice president , Drillinginfo, Austin
Ann Saegert, attorney, Haynes and Boone, Dallas
Dave Sather, president, Sather Financial Group, Victoria
Beth Warpmaeker, senior pastor, Kinsmen Lutheran Church, Houston
Lewis F. Westerman, vice chair, senior director of real estate, Silver Ventures, San Antonio
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Redbrickbear
xiledinok said:

Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Buddy Jones but have had some fun with him online. He likes to dish it out and he actually can take it. He is very powerful in Austin. He is much smarter .....

You don't like it but he does have power....I like women and don't need ...
Sweetie ....thou dost protest too much.

You and buddy have every right to be who you are and love wins!
canoso
Redbrickbear said:

Sampi82 said:

Exactly.

The aggy inbreds and tcu cokeheads are the only ones obsessed about this tired ass subject to keep talking about it.
Witness the 8 consecutive comments following yours.
xiledinok
Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Buddy Jones but have had some fun with him online. He likes to dish it out and he actually can take it. He is very powerful in Austin. He is much smarter .....

Cultish, gay, what else?
Typically CABER, only dumb enough to believe a top lobbyist in Texas has no power.
You must not be a Texan or not lived there very long.
xiledinok
canoso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sampi82 said:

Exactly.

The Houston Chronicle ran the story. It' won't be until the NCAA decides.
It has longer legs than KWTX.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sampi82 said:

Exactly.

Wow, the most reasonable thing you've posted. Hope for you yet.
Let him know a name on your diploma. It will send the CABERS into a free fall.
Robert Sloan and Herb Reynolds.

I know you graduated from Baylor as well.
Eball
Bearish said:

"You can look at the letter from Chris Holmes. It exonerates me from any wrongdoing in any sexual assault case," Briles said.

No, Art. It doesn't.
How does it not? CAB limited it to SA cases? I just don't know what you mean...how else would he have been responsible to any victims of SA?
Eball
baylorrific said:

Briles just can't do it: He can't show any level of meaningful remorse or contrition. Apart from it being the strategic move (had he done that years ago, he might already be back as a head coach in the NCAA), query how can someone in charge of that jaw-dropping carnage not at least have the tiniest bit of some meaningful level of culpability (with the understanding that many people played a role in this epic disaster)). He amazes me with his (a) long-standing cluelessness, and (b) Mr. Magoo-like characteristics in terms of his surrounding environment.

I have a question for the ardent Briles supporters. My sense is that Briles would do virtually anything to be a head coach again in the NCAA or NFL. Do you have any doubt that if hypothetically, for some strange reason, he needs to throw you (random person X) under the bus in any way necessary to achieve his head coaching aspiration, that he wouldn't blink an eye in doing so?
No remorse? contrition? He has expressed remorse for all victims of SA several different times how many is enough? This was an interview and he answered the questions...where exactly was he supposed to insert an oh yes I feel badly for any of the victims of SA?

What exactly do you think CAB did that specifically contributed to the culture at BU that tended to marginalize SA victims complaints by pointing out moral code violations and trying to keep victims from reporting?

Certainly he did not directly assault any female did he? Certainly he never instructed any of his players or coaches to assault a female did he? What exactly is it in regard to the SA scandal at BU that CAB is supposed to apologize for?
osoprimo
Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

I'm starting to have faith that the Regents really are being revamped quite a bit. I may have to refer to pre-2018/19 BOR to clarify the BOR I'm criticizing.
I think at the time in 2016 there were 30 voting members on the BOR. 13 of those are still regents, including the current chair.
Like a bad odor, they hang around.

Russell Gym
Every day is Ground Hog Day here.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

baylorrific said:

Briles just can't do it: He can't show any level of meaningful remorse or contrition. Apart from it being the strategic move (had he done that years ago, he might already be back as a head coach in the NCAA), query how can someone in charge of that jaw-dropping carnage not at least have the tiniest bit of some meaningful level of culpability (with the understanding that many people played a role in this epic disaster)). He amazes me with his (a) long-standing cluelessness, and (b) Mr. Magoo-like characteristics in terms of his surrounding environment.

I have a question for the ardent Briles supporters. My sense is that Briles would do virtually anything to be a head coach again in the NCAA or NFL. Do you have any doubt that if hypothetically, for some strange reason, he needs to throw you (random person X) under the bus in any way necessary to achieve his head coaching aspiration, that he wouldn't blink an eye in doing so?
He has taken much more responsibility in this mess than your beloved Board of Regents. A shame you don't hold them to the same standard.

You're just really boring, and you're so boring you now rebuke your own yawn worthy posts.
I am actually a lot of fun. Especially after a few adult beverages. (Not sure my wife would agree.)
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Redbrickbear
xiledinok said:

Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Family has not been here long...just since 1820....wanna see our Spanish Land grant?

lol ***** clown
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Allow me to help you out. Below are the names of the Texas Lutheran University Board of Regents. I think you know a few already. Here is a chance for you to prevent your new alma mater from pulling a baylor.

Knock yourself out!

Demetrius Hardeman, supervisory special agent, Internal Revenue Service, Washington D.C.
Russ Rinn, EVP of Metals Recycling of Steel Dynamics, Inc., president and chief operating officer of OmniSource Corporation, Fort Wayne, IN
Jairo Romero, chief revenue officer & executive vice president , Drillinginfo, Austin
Lewis F. Westerman, vice chair, senior director of real estate, Silver Ventures, San Antonio

Wow. I had no idea TLU has so many Regents. I counted thirty. Russ Rinn was my old boss. His father hired me for my first job out of Baylor. Russ is a fine individual and a true leader. I was not sure ole Verne Lundquist was still alive. Both of those guys are Texas Lutheran College grads.

Omnisource is actually the division of Steel Dynamics that Russ Rinn heads up.

I think Chris Claus just got on the board because of his name. What's not to like? I do not know him.

-- Barack Obama
Redbrickbear
canoso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sampi82 said:

Exactly.

Those are me and X having a pissing match.

None about our ex-coach.

I've been done with that convo for a long time.
Sailor Bear
Eball said:

Bearish said:

"You can look at the letter from Chris Holmes. It exonerates me from any wrongdoing in any sexual assault case," Briles said.

No, Art. It doesn't.
How does it not? CAB limited it to SA cases? I just don't know what you mean...how else would he have been responsible to any victims of SA?
There is a big difference between acknowledging a lack of any personal, direct involvement with a sexual assault claimant, as was done in the letter, and an "exoneration of all wrongdoing," as Art claims. What Holmes did, in a very specific letter with a narrow lens, was attempt to alleviate concerns of Briles' personal involvement in some of the horrible incidents summarized in the PH report (e.g. coaches meeting directly with alleged victims).

From the letter:

"In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials."

What Holmes did not address was Art's knowledge of any of those specific events, or the appropriateness of his response thereto. For example, if Kendal was the one doing these things and Art knew about it for years and let it slide, would you consider that outside the scope of "wrongdoing?" I wouldn't, but that isn't what Holmes addressed. Again, very specific, with a narrow lens.
PartyBear
osoprimo said:

Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

I'm starting to have faith that the Regents really are being revamped quite a bit. I may have to refer to pre-2018/19 BOR to clarify the BOR I'm criticizing.
I think at the time in 2016 there were 30 voting members on the BOR. 13 of those are still regents, including the current chair.
Like a bad odor, they hang around.

We have 40 BOR members - to help elevate the puppet vote.

By comparison, the entire UT system, a meritocratic, qualified BOR (many campuses, 100s of thousands of students, billions in endowment, several hospitals, etc) has 9 BOR members....

I agree with you. But now we are getting some good folks who are more the caliber of who would be on the Regents of UT, Wake etc. a real and serious BOR for Livingston et al. Once those folks have control they can reform to smaller size. 13 of 40 is already a small remnant what we had.
xiledinok
Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Family has not been here long...just since 1820....wanna see our Spanish Land grant?

lol ***** clown

It's gone down hill since the Spanish land grant hasn't it.
Stick with facts, he is powerful and I guess your enemy. Is it your mission to take him down?

What year did you graduate from our blessed school and did any of your siblings or families attend any other school? You come off as a Talibaptist.
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Knock yourself out!

Wow. I had no idea TLU has so many Regents. I counted thirty. Russ Rinn was my old boss. He is a fine individual and a true leader. I was not sure ole Verne Lundquist was still alive. Both of those guys are Texas Lutheran College grads.

Omnisource is actually the division of Steel Dynamics that Russ Rinn heads up.

I think Chris Claus just got on the board because of his name. What's not to like? I do not know him.
Just watch out for that Rev. Kendra Mohn from Trinity Lutheran up in Ft. Worth. Are there really a large number of female Lutheran pastors?

I did not know Verne was still alive either.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
xiledinok
Verne is retired. Soothing voice watching SEC tackle football at the end.
BaylorRocks
Thee University
zunooreo said:

This was the scene when Michigan State scored. Again.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

Here was the scene when Liberty scored. Again.

-- Barack Obama
DioNoZeus
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

Here is the scene when you posted your heartfelt goodbye

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
DioNoZeus said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

Here is the scene when you posted your heartfelt goodbye

Thank you!! That is perfect. You are so sweet. You know how much I like ice cream!!!

-- Barack Obama
Reverend
I consider Buddy Jones a good friend. We were good friends in undergraduate school and law school. We were Practice Court partners (for those of you who dont know what that means ask any Baylor Law graduate).

I have't talked to him lately......the last time was right after Briles was fired. He told me he thought it was terribly wrong and was trying to do something about it but all he got was "crickets". Take that for whatever it's worth.

He's a power broker and a back rooms manipulator. It's what he does and he is one of the very best ever at it. It's made him rich. One thing I know for sure about him is he absolutely loses no sleep over people hating him.

I think he loves Baylor. Agree or disagree, he fought to win on a lot of issues and he won.

Just my 2 cents about Buddy.

Dia del DougO
Literally zero story here, zero news, yet the media feels the need to recycle their stale old sanctimony over things they utterly failed to "report" fairly or accurately.

Must be getting closer to kickoff.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BUBear24
Russell Gym said:

Every day is Ground Hog Day here.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Reverend said:

I consider Buddy Jones a good friend. We were good friends in undergraduate school and law school. We were Practice Court partners (for those of you who dont know what that means ask any Baylor Law graduate).

I have't talked to him lately......the last time was right after Briles was fired. He told me he thought it was terribly wrong and was trying to do something about it but all he got was "crickets". Take that for whatever it's worth.

He's a power broker and a back rooms manipulator. It's what he does and he is one of the very best ever at it. It's made him rich. One thing I know for sure about him is he absolutely loses no sleep over people hating him.

I think he loves Baylor. Agree or disagree, he fought to win on a lot of issues and he won.

All of a sudden, I am not real sure who you are. It is no secret that the individual you mention leaked the Briles character assassination to University of Texas blogger Chip Brown, which was the match that lit the Baylor Football program on fire and burned it to the ground. Along with the "Christian Mission." All in the name of protecting the Baylor Board and the Baylor brand. His hate for Ken Starr far outweighed his "love" for Briles. If you wonder why Baylor is becoming so liberal just like the rest of the secular institutes of higher learning, the individual you mention was and still is the catalyst.

For the record, I don't think anyone "hates" the individual you speak of. I do know for a fact that he has driven many Baylor Alums away from Baylor. I am certainly one of them. ILLUMINATE!!!!!

Have a good evening, Reverend.

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Reverend said:

All of a sudden, I am not real sure who you are. It is no secret that the individual you mention leaked the Briles character assassination to University of Texas blogger Chip Brown, which was the match that lit the Baylor Football program on fire and burned it to the ground. Along with the "Christian Mission." All in the name of protecting the Baylor Board and the Baylor brand. His hate for Ken Starr far outweighed his "love" for Briles. If you wonder why Baylor is becoming so liberal just like the rest of the secular institutes of higher learning, the individual you mention was and still is the catalyst.

For the record, I don't think anyone "hates" the individual you speak of. I do know for a fact that he has driven many Baylor Alums away from Baylor. I am certainly one of them. ILLUMINATE!!!!!

Ha, we all long for the day that you are actually driven away instead of having to endure years of your different screen names telling us you're going.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Reverend said:

Ha, we all long for the day that you are actually driven away instead of having to endure years of your different screen names telling us you're going.
You ready for a Milli Vanilli bathtub pic? Just let me know, Sunshine.

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Reverend said:

You ready for a Milli Vanilli bathtub pic? Just let me know, Sunshine.
The repetition of your schtick is really doing your cause justice, by all means, never change...which is to say, adopt sanity.

Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

Maybe Liberty will tee your new team, Texas Lutheran.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

Maybe Liberty will tee your new team, Texas Lutheran.
Hopefully Baylor won't tee Liberty or TLU. I think Matt Rhule has seen enough of Liberty to last him a lifetime. Bring on Bama, BABY!!!!!

-- Barack Obama
Brian Ethridge
Staff
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Reverend said:

Reverend speaks the truth in his post.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.