"Mostly peaceful" protester/tourist sentenced to 5 years for visiting the Capitol

24,552 Views | 443 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

What is absurd is blowing simple trespass and some instances of criminal mischief into something obscenely distant from the actual facts.

What utterly intentional nonsense. You deniers routinely go through your narration without mentioning what was going on in that building on that day.

From the insurrectionist currently on trial: "Multiple clay bullets and a battle cry like in Braveheart," Reffitt wrote in one exchange. "The insurrection began immediately after."

Then he got all mischiefy. Gimme a break.

Another sad reminder that for some, there is no way back from TDS.

I know, that's basically what I said.

But quash, you are taking the wrong side, yet again.

Anytime the procedure of law is different according to the politics of the accused, we should all be concerned.

Explain what procedural step is causing you such Whataboutiitis.

If you have to ask ...

Yes. You interposed it so I am asking

This is where you dance away without answering.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

What is absurd is blowing simple trespass and some instances of criminal mischief into something obscenely distant from the actual facts.

What utterly intentional nonsense. You deniers routinely go through your narration without mentioning what was going on in that building on that day.

From the insurrectionist currently on trial: "Multiple clay bullets and a battle cry like in Braveheart," Reffitt wrote in one exchange. "The insurrection began immediately after."

Anytime the procedure of law is different according to the politics of the accused, we should all be concerned.

If you have to ask ...

You know that's not my thing, quash (though you should ask Sam about that)

My understanding is that despite the events happening almost 14 months ago, most of the accused have not had a trial yet. That is certainly irregular.

It is also my understanding that a number of accused have been held in solitary confinement, despite no evidence of any violence against officials or credible threats made. That is certainly irregular.

It is also my understanding that a great number of leftist rioters in cities like Portland or Minneapolis have seen charges dropped against them, while so far as I know none of the January 6 accused have enjoyed similar outcomes.

That's a prima facia double standard.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

If you have to ask ...

You know that's not my thing, quash (though you should ask Sam about that)

My understanding is that despite the events happening almost 14 months ago, most of the accused have not had a trial yet. That is certainly irregular.

It is also my understanding that a number of accused have been held in solitary confinement, despite no evidence of any violence against officials or credible threats made. That is certainly irregular.

It is also my understanding that a great number of leftist rioters in cities like Portland or Minneapolis have seen charges dropped against them, while so far as I know none of the January 6 accused have enjoyed similar outcomes.

That's a prima facia double standard.

14 months is not irregular. At all. I have a case set Monday next from 2018, and it's not the oldest case on the docket. Heck there was a time when 14 months was quick in Dallas traffic court.

And you're wrong about no cases being dropped, too.

One accused, Sibnik, requested solitary to get out of the Jan 6 wing. He didn't like the company.

Do these facts change your opinion?

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
As expected. Excuses and prevarication. Not facts, certainly not an honest consideration of this matter.

The plain fact here is these accused are political prisoners more than anything else.

But quash and his scheming idols have decided politics trumps rights.

Damnable.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

That's as dishonest as it is ridiculous.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

I'm as dishonest as I am ridiculous.

FIFY. The idea that these defendants should be treated more harshly than people actually rioting is obscene on its face.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

FIFY. The idea that these defendants should be treated more harshly than people actually rioting is obscene on its face.
Your excuses are obscene. Democrats were similarly disgraced after the 2020 riots. Basically all Republicans had to do was not do sedition and they'd have come out smelling like roses. Predictably you said "sorry...no can do." No more moral high ground for you.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Your excuses are obscene. Democrats were similarly disgraced after the 2020 riots. Basically all Republicans had to do was not do sedition and they'd have come out smelling like roses. Predictably you said "sorry...no can do." No more moral high ground for you.
Poor Sam, back to lying about me when his party is exposed again.

It's no good Sam. More and more people are waking up to Brandon and AOC and all your pals.

The accusations about Trump get wilder and phonier, yet you seem to think people will buy your schlock if only you can find a big enough fib to sell.

Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

It's no good Sam. More and more people are waking up to Brandon and AOC and all your pals.

The accusations about Trump get wilder and phonier, yet you seem to think people will buy your schlock if only you can find a big enough fib to sell.

Prodigious lies, indeed. Hope you feel good.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Your lies are indeed 'prodigious', Sam. But that only makes me sad for you.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sad to see the lengths you white nationalists will go to stay in power (and democracy be damned).
quash
Oldbear83 said:

As expected. Excuses and prevarication. Not facts, certainly not an honest consideration of this matter.

The plain fact here is these accused are political prisoners more than anything else.

But quash and his scheming idols have decided politics trumps rights.

Damnable.

You are a liar. Straight up. You accuse others of the very thing you are doing.

I offered you facts. Easy to verify. Instead, you doubled down on your lies, just as I predicted.

Try presenting facts in support of your claims and we can have a debate.

Aside from lost tourists, was anything else happening in that building on January 6? Anything?

Thomas Sibick requested solitary. Fact. You can look it up.

14 months is not too long, look at any criminal docket right now. Fact. Courts have been squeezed by Covid same as everyone else.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sad to see the lengths you white nationalists will go to stay in power (and democracy be damned).

Considering I married a non-white woman, that latest cheap shot by Sam is absurdly wrong.

Telling that he is reduced to such tactics.

Oldbear83
No quash, you merely posted opinions while ignoring the point.

I do not lie. I DO tick off hypocrites and SJW's, which may be why you are so bitter in these exchanges.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

I do not lie. I DO tick off hypocrites and SJW's, which may be why you are so bitter in these exchanges.
You are lying and it is easily verified. Not sure why you do that ...

A Capitol riot defendant volunteered to go into solitary confinement, saying he didn't want to stay in 'cult-like' DC jail wing for Jan. 6 suspects
  • Thomas Sibick's lawyer argued that a DC jail wing for Jan. 6 defendants was "cult-like" and "toxic."
  • Sibick requested solitary confinement to avoid dealing with those inmates, his lawyer said.

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/a-capitol-riot-defendant-volunteered-to-go-into-solitary-confinement-saying-he-didnt-want-to-stay-in-cult-like-dc-jail-wing-for-jan-6-suspects/articleshow/87308684.cms
Sam Lowry
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

It's what white supremacists do. They never want to show their true colors.
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

A Capitol riot defendant volunteered to go into solitary confinement, saying he didn't want to stay in 'cult-like' DC jail wing for Jan. 6 suspects
  • Thomas Sibick's lawyer argued that a DC jail wing for Jan. 6 defendants was "cult-like" and "toxic."
  • Sibick requested solitary confinement to avoid dealing with those inmates, his lawyer said.

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/a-capitol-riot-defendant-volunteered-to-go-into-solitary-confinement-saying-he-didnt-want-to-stay-in-cult-like-dc-jail-wing-for-jan-6-suspects/articleshow/87308684.cms

1. No, I am not lying
2. What you posted (seriously, Business Insider as News?) is both isolated and unverified, and in any case does not even address, let alone discredit, my post

What else is fascinating is that you call me a 'liar; while ignoring Sam repeating a rather obvious lie in pretending I am somehow a a 'White Nationalist' against all evidence.

Seriously, Oso, you are drifting dangerously into Jen Psaki levels of delusion on this one.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

It's what white supremacists do. They never want to show their true colors.
I see dishonest smears are what you are reduced to, Sam.

Tragic.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

1. No, I am not lying
2. What you posted (seriously, Business Insider as News?) is both isolated and unverified, and in any case does not even address, let alone discredit, my post

What else is fascinating is that you call me a 'liar; while ignoring Sam repeating a rather obvious lie in pretending I am somehow a a 'White Nationalist' against all evidence.

Seriously, Oso, you are drifting dangerously into Jen Psaki levels of delusion on this one.
Google thomas sibick solitary. There are at least 5.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/capitol-riot-thomas-sibick-prison-b1946569.html
https://www.thedailybeast.com/thomas-sibick-jan-6-rioter-who- Sibick said he requested solitary confinement to get away from the ... FLASH: Judge releases high-level Jan 6 defendant Thomas Sibick from ...

9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/capitol-as-sibick-accused-of-robbing-officer-michael-fanone-asks-judge-to-let-him-use-dating-apps-january-6-donald-trump/65-c06e9e22-0e6d-4389-b99c-39cd461155db
Oldbear83
** sigh **

Even with that one, nothing I posted becomes a "lie".

And you are still cool with Sam's lie, I see. So something is only a "lie" if it conflicts with your politics.

Hmmmmm.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear8 said:

I lie constantly. I DON'T tick off neo-Nazis and racists, which may be why I get the affirmation I need here.
FIFY
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear8 said:

Sam says: I lie constantly. I DON'T tick off neo-Nazis and racists, which may be why I get the affirmation I need here.
FIFY
Re-corrected. Brownshirt Sam can't hide his fascism.
Sam Lowry
It's no good Oldbear. More and more people are waking up to Bannon and the KKK and all your pals.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

It's no good Oldbear. More and more people are waking up to Brandon and the KKK and all my pals.
See how that works, Sam?

You are getting more and more desperate, throwing out wilder and wilder claims, and so you are reduced to farce.

Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

It's no good Oldbear. More and more people are waking up to Brandon and the KKK and all my pals.
See how that works, Sam?

You are getting more and more desperate, throwing out wilder and wilder claims, and so you are reduced to farce.

I see dishonest smears are what you are reduced to, Old.

Tragic.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.
You would. You'd also use the Constitution for toilet paper, and call anyone who complained a "White Supremacist"
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.
You would. You'd also use the Constitution for toilet paper, and call anyone who complained a "White Supremacist"
What else is fascinating is that you call me a 'liar; while repeating a rather obvious lie in pretending I am somehow a a 'Democrat' against all evidence.

Seriously, Oldbear, you are drifting dangerously into Jen Psaki levels of delusion on this one.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.
What else is fascinating is that you complain about my lies, while repeating a rather obvious truth in pretending I have somehow become a raving Progressive as shown by all evidence.

Seriously, Oldbear, I am the new Jen Psaki.

Well, that explains a lot.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.
What else is fascinating is that you complain about my lies, while repeating a rather obvious lie in pretending I have somehow become a raving Progressive as shown by all evidence.

Re-corrected. Old Brownshirt can't hide his fascism.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.
What else is fascinating is that you call me a 'liar; while repeating a rather obvious lie in pretending I am somehow a a 'Democrat' against all evidence.

Seriously, Oldbear, you are drifting dangerously into Jen Psaki levels of delusion on this one.

You're not a democrat, you just believe anything the regime says and that makes you pro establishment.

Your opinions line up exactly with mainstream media. MSM is state media.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.

You're not a democrat, you just believe anything the regime says and that makes you pro establishment.

Your opinions line up exactly with mainstream media. MSM is state media.
You're mistaking facts for opinions. I get facts from mainstream media because it's their business to provide facts and they still know their business (mostly). That doesn't mean I always share their opinions. Trumpists tend to accept "facts" only from those who share their opinions, which leaves them highly susceptible to misinformation.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.
What else is fascinating is that you complain about my lies, while repeating a rather obvious lie in pretending I have somehow become a raving Progressive as shown by all evidence.

Agreed Sam, you can't hide your fascism.

It's amusing really to watch your tactics, then see you try to frame me as the fascist here:

* You, not me, supported firing people for not taking an experimental drug
* You, not me, support putting people in prison for a year or more before their first day of trial
* You, not me, support trying to silence inconvenient political rivals
* You falsely me a racist, while I married outside my race. You, not so much in your practice of diversity and tolerance

Et cetera ad nauseum.

But go ahead and keep trying. Your tactics are seen by everyone, and anyone with an open mind and a conscience will see each of us for what we are.

I am comfortable with my posts. I am very glad I am not trying to defend some of your positions.
Cobretti
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.

Considering I only support conservative candidates, that latest cheap shot by Old is absurdly wrong.

Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

See how that works, Sam?

Tragic.

Considering I only support conservative candidates, that latest cheap shot by Old is absurdly wrong.

Considering Sam has not supported a Conservative position in the last several years, and has gone out of his way to support Biden's mask mandates and the Democrats' persecution of Republicans for everything and anything, that last claim is his biggest whopper yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.