"Mostly peaceful" protester/tourist sentenced to 5 years for visiting the Capitol

24,504 Views | 443 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
jupiter
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

The interesting thing about all this Statist paranoia, is the clear signal that Trump can win in 2024.
That's why Democrats want Trump to be the Republican nominee
That may be a foolish repeat of 2016
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

The interesting thing about all this Statist paranoia, is the clear signal that Trump can win in 2024.

Voting for 45 would be a foolish repeat, you at least got that right.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Anyone voting for biden again would be a foolish repeat, for sure.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Duh. But we were talking 2016.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canon
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Duh. But we were talking 2016.

Had Hillary won, the court would now be lost to the left for 40 years….which means the constitution would be defunct by now. If only for his court picks, Trump saved America for at least a generation.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah, so much to hate about low unemployment, low inflation, low gas prices, free expression regardless of your politics ...

How did we stand it?
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah, so much to hate about low unemployment, low inflation, low gas prices, free expression regardless of your politics ...

How did we stand it?

Presidents have almost nothing to do with any of that.

Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Neither was the year of blm riots.
Diversion
Reality Of course but still diversion. You were in power where's your Congressional BLM investigation? There is none and that's Trump's fault.
Conclusion: While reality it was not acted on by GOP
Dude, you smoke way too much Peyote

Pretty sure that guy takes as a suppository.
M pretty sure the Justice Department was GOP
Not the way you think. Definitely Obama weaponized the DOJ/FBI and Biden has tried to do the same, but Trump didn't get the support he'd need to clean house as needed.

Who denied T that support and did that work? Barr was his guy
Seriously Waco, I know you're not that simple-minded.

Barr is a guy who was put in charge of a department largely hostile to him and his boss. The list of FBI and DOJ officials who played footsie with the Russia Hoax Witch Trial shows how deep the indoctrination went, made harder by the fact that Barr did things the right way, proceeding only where evidence led rather than trying to counter-witch hunt Democrats.

The irony is that enough people hate Trump that folks would likely have gone along if the Democrats had just stayed focused on The Donald. But as often happens the Democrats overplayed their hand and went after millions of ordinary Americans, topping it off with this 'Insurrection' BS.

Rioting they could sell, but come on pal, no one but an insanely stupid person would buy that BS now.

Do not call me simple minded. It's disrespectful
Read what I wrote again. I clearly said 'I know you are not that simple-minded', meaning I know you are not stupid.

Try being more honest, though. TDS is not a good way to look like a mature, rational adult.
My apologies, I was wrong.

Sorry for my tone, Waco.

It's been a stressful couple weeks, and while we disagree you have been far more courteous than some.
Thank you. Be at peace.
Waco1947
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

How did we stand it?

Oh yes they do. I doubt for example that anyone believes Biden is not responsible for the damage his Presidency has done to the economy.

Trump knew enough to stay out of the way, which is already rare for politicians.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

How did we stand it?

Oh yes they do. I doubt for example that anyone believes Biden is not responsible for the damage his Presidency has done to the economy.

Trump knew enough to stay out of the way, which is already rare for politicians.

Tariffs are not "staying out of the way." Opposite.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

How did we stand it?

They were the right decision, and compared to both his predecessor and successor Trump certainly did a much better job of staying out of the way.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

How did we stand it?

They were the right decision, and compared to both his predecessor and successor Trump certainly did a much better job of staying out of the way.

We did not get anything but consumers paying more. No easy trade war win, no concessions.
ShooterTX
Congrats to all the progressive leftists out there. You caused another one of your enemies to commit suicide. You plans for personal destruction are working just as intended.

What the left has done with Jan 6th is just pure evil. People who are being charged with Trespassing and Disorderly Conduct, are being destroyed by the DOJ. When is the last time you heard of a simple misdemeanor charge taking more than a year to be brought to trial? When is the last time you heard a federal prosecutor pushing for hard jail time, for a first-time, non violent misdemeanor charge?

The left celebrates stories like this. They are pure evil.

ShooterTX
Sam Lowry
He was charged with three misdemeanors and a felony. He also had a plea agreement and was free on bond pending the scheduled hearing.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

He was charged with three misdemeanors and a felony. He also had a plea agreement and was free on bond pending the scheduled hearing.
And?
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?
So it wasn't just a misdemeanor, and he was in about the best position he could expect under the circumstances.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?
So it wasn't just a misdemeanor, and he was in about the best position he could expect under the circumstances.
Bull***** Under circumstances created by overzealous federal prosecutors looking to make a statement. The trials are being delayed not because a lack of pleas, but a coordinated effort at the DOJ to make sure everyone gets their due including sentencing. You used to fear this type of retributive Justice and overreach by government. Not sure what's happened to you.

The guy didn't off himself because he was in the "best position under the circumstances".
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?
Bull***** Under circumstances created by overzealous federal prosecutors looking to make a statement. The trials are being delayed not because a lack of pleas, but a coordinated effort at the DOJ to make sure everyone gets their due including sentencing. You used to fear this type of retributive Justice and overreach by government. Not sure what's happened to you.

The guy didn't off himself because he was in the "best position under the circumstances".
They're being delayed for a number of reasons, including the huge caseload and the fact that the courthouse was closed until last month. DOJ is also prioritizing defendants charged with things like seditious conspiracy, some of whom are in detention while awaiting trial.

I didn't watch much of the video since it was quicker to read a few articles (and the guy was off to a slow start even after the weird one-minute countdown). Anyway, the thing to be feared isn't justice but injustice. From what I've read, I don't see anything indicating abuse, misconduct, or lack of due process.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?

They're being delayed for a number of reasons, including the huge caseload and the fact that the courthouse was closed until last month. DOJ is also prioritizing defendants charged with things like seditious conspiracy, some of whom are in detention while awaiting trial.

I didn't watch much of the video since it was quicker to read a few articles (and the guy was off to a slow start even after the weird one-minute countdown). Anyway, the thing to be feared isn't justice but injustice. From what I've read, I don't see anything indicating abuse, misconduct, or lack of due process.
Give it a shot and listen. Might shine light on what I'm speaking to. The DOJ created this situation with broad over charging. I understand focusing on the most egregious ones. But there are hundreds caught up in this which would logically make sense to either dismiss or plea out to an easy misdemeanor.

This is the abuse of the insurrection idea. When you frame it like that, everyone's an insurrectionist, even the ones who walked in, snapped some pics and walked back out. That's injustice.
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?

Just to be clear, you think it was perfectly fine for the DOJ to pursue such charges for his "crimes"? Even the DOJ has admitted that he didn't damage property or assault anyone. Yet he racked up tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to try and defend himself over the past year+.... you think this is justice?

What this guy did would normally have been nothing more than a fine and maybe a few hours of community service. How can you not see what is happening here... maybe you don't want to see.

The DOJ is using whatever means possible to drag out these proceedings, to label people as terrorists and other horrible labels, to destroy lives & businesses... this is nothing more than government abuse of power.

I challenge you to listen to the video all the way through... unless you truly wish to remain ignorant.
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?

Give it a shot and listen. Might shine light on what I'm speaking to. The DOJ created this situation with broad over charging. I understand focusing on the most egregious ones. But there are hundreds caught up in this which would logically make sense to either dismiss or plea out to an easy misdemeanor.

This is the abuse of the insurrection idea. When you frame it like that, everyone's an insurrectionist, even the ones who walked in, snapped some pics and walked back out. That's injustice.
Insurrection aside, it can still be a valid obstruction charge. I gather he was supposedly a less active participant than others with felony charges, but my guess is the Facebook video tipped the scale.
Sam Lowry
ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?

Just to be clear, you think it was perfectly fine for the DOJ to pursue such charges for his "crimes"? Even the DOJ has admitted that he didn't damage property or assault anyone. Yet he racked up tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to try and defend himself over the past year+.... you think this is justice?

What this guy did would normally have been nothing more than a fine and maybe a few hours of community service. How can you not see what is happening here... maybe you don't want to see.

The DOJ is using whatever means possible to drag out these proceedings, to label people as terrorists and other horrible labels, to destroy lives & businesses... this is nothing more than government abuse of power.

I challenge you to listen to the video all the way through... unless you truly wish to remain ignorant.
The main thing I learned from the video is that I'm glad I'm not WalkAway Man's lawyer. He's offering sympathy to BLM killers and loudly proclaiming his own innocence around the country while in plea negotiations, and he wonders why the prosecutors are unhappy with him. The sense of entitlement is off the scale here.

Throwing away a piece of paper normally wouldn't even get you a fine. Throwing it away to obstruct Congress could get you prison time. Context matters.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?

Insurrection aside, it can still be a valid obstruction charge. I gather he was supposedly a less active participant than others with felony charges, but my guess is the Facebook video tipped the scale.
Ooh, a Facebook video. Only in the fantasy insurrection world is this even contemplated. Time to teach a lesson to the interlopers.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

And?

Ooh, a Facebook video. Only in the fantasy insurrection world is this even contemplated. Time to teach a lesson to the interlopers.
Again, the charge is obstruction. The video is evidence of intent.
quash
ShooterTX said:

Congrats to all the progressive leftists out there. You caused another one of your enemies to commit suicide. You plans for personal destruction are working just as intended.

What the left has done with Jan 6th is just pure evil. People who are being charged with Trespassing and Disorderly Conduct, are being destroyed by the DOJ. When is the last time you heard of a simple misdemeanor charge taking more than a year to be brought to trial? When is the last time you heard a federal prosecutor pushing for hard jail time, for a first-time, non violent misdemeanor charge?

The left celebrates stories like this. They are pure evil.

Saw a misdemeanor today that was 1,100 days old. Not uncommon.
Sam Lowry
"The vagueness argument boils down to this: the defendants had no reason to suspect that participating in a riot where hundreds stormed the Capitol, broke doors and windows, scaled walls, forced their way past barricades, and assaulted scores of police officers -- all with the goal of intimidating Congress and stopping it from certifying the election results -- might violate a statute that prohibits corruptly interfering with the work of Congress. Merely stating the argument highlights how absurd it is."

Randall Eliason
Oldbear83
What is absurd is blowing simple trespass and some instances of criminal mischief into something obscenely distant from the actual facts.
Osodecentx
Sam Lowry said:

"The vagueness argument boils down to this: the defendants had no reason to suspect that participating in a riot where hundreds stormed the Capitol, broke doors and windows, scaled walls, forced their way past barricades, and assaulted scores of police officers -- all with the goal of intimidating Congress and stopping it from certifying the election results -- might violate a statute that prohibits corruptly interfering with the work of Congress. Merely stating the argument highlights how absurd it is."

Randall Eliason
"Rowdy tourists"?
quash
Oldbear83 said:

What is absurd is blowing simple trespass and some instances of criminal mischief into something obscenely distant from the actual facts.

What utterly intentional nonsense. You deniers routinely go through your narration without mentioning what was going on in that building on that day.

From the insurrectionist currently on trial: "Multiple clay bullets and a battle cry like in Braveheart," Reffitt wrote in one exchange. "The insurrection began immediately after."

Then he got all mischiefy. Gimme a break.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

What utterly intentional nonsense. You deniers routinely go through your narration without mentioning what was going on in that building on that day.

From the insurrectionist currently on trial: "Multiple clay bullets and a battle cry like in Braveheart," Reffitt wrote in one exchange. "The insurrection began immediately after."

Another sad reminder that for some, there is no way back from TDS.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

I know, that's basically what I said.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

But quash, you are taking the wrong side, yet again.

Anytime the procedure of law is different according to the politics of the accused, we should all be concerned.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Anytime the procedure of law is different according to the politics of the accused, we should all be concerned.

Explain what procedural step is causing you such Whataboutiitis.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Explain what procedural step is causing you such Whataboutiitis.

If you have to ask ...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.