"Mostly peaceful" protester/tourist sentenced to 5 years for visiting the Capitol

24,539 Views | 443 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Read it again. "Seditious Conspiracy" is not the same as Sedition, and frankly I doubt they can prove the conspiracy charge.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Actually, I very much do know my facts.

Sucks for you and your hate-fest Sam, you'll just have to make up a new pile of lies to swill.

I miss the old rational, non-paranoia Sam.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I think anyone who broke the law and committed violence on Jan. 6th needs to be held accountable. I've said that from day one. So, how is that "excusing" them?

Like you, I do wish Trump would go away. The difference between us is I don't let my personal dislike of the man make me nuts. I still have the ability to think rationally.
You're allegiance to your narrative determines your response

Video of mostly peaceful Jan 6 insurrection
HBO trailer 2 hours of mostly peaceful mob

I notice you didn't answer my question. Let me repeat it in case you missed it.

How is not believing this was a violent insurrection excusing the protestors who committed violence?

The only one married to a narrative here is you, bro.
Cool answer, Bro
Are you scared to answer my question? Too difficult for you?

Huh. Never figured you for a coward.
It's a fiction.
This was an insurrection trying to install the losing candidate as POTUS

You're spiinning Trump's narrative

Did I answer your question?

How could they have installed the losing candidate?
I don't think they could. They believed they could.
A stupid bank robber still tried to rob the bank
Harassing the tellers and the manager doesn't make you a bank robber.

This is what happens to a narrative when intent is excluded.

No, it's what happens when you stop looking for narratives and deal in the realities.

The reality is that those people stormed the capital to interfere with a valid election. Some of them with the expressed intent to use violence against the Vice President. You leave that reality out of your narrative. Why?

Armed with selfie sticks and MAGA flags in hand. LOL!!! The next "Insurrection" should bring some firearms. Just a suggestion.

81 million people? Bless your heart.
A review of the federal charges against the alleged rioters shows that they did come armed, and with a variety of weapons: stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs. An additional suspect also allegedly planted pipe bombs by the headquarters of the Democratic and Republican parties the night before the riot and remains at large.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Poor quash. Determined to sell the lie no mater how rancid it gets.

Listen bub, no one was charged with trying to kill the VP because no one tried to kill the VP, just like no one was charged with sedition because that didn't happen either.

We have plenty of facts now to tell us what happened, like how Trump did not incite a damn thing, like well over 95% of the people in DC on Jan 6 committed no crime, and the ones that did overwhelmingly did misdemeanors like Trespassing. In fact, the only felony we know about for sure was the murder of Ms. Babbitt, although the officer who shot her will never see punishment in this life.

But your myopic habit of seeing evil only when you can blame it on Trump is a tired, old, arrogance that makes you look like a malicious fool, quash.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/oath-keepers-leader-stewart-rhodes-arrested-in-jan-6-capitol-riot-probe-11642099521?mod=hp_lead_pos11

So the political mirror image of Stasi Sam got himself in trouble. It may not bother Sam that Seditious Conspiracy (good luck proving it) is not itself actual Sedition, but for more than a year now he's been all about the accusation, not the facts anyway.

Let's Go Brandon.
According to WSJ it is actual sedition.
"has filed charges of sedition"
armed "Quick Reaction Force
prepared to ferry weapons into Washington
amassing weapons in the Washington area.

WASHINGTONEleven people including Stewart Rhodes, the leader and founder of the right-wing militia group the Oath Keepers, have been indicted on charges of seditious conspiracy, marking an escalation of the Justice Department's investigation into the attackon the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 last year.
An indictment unsealed Thursday accused Mr. Rhodes, 56 years old, of organizing an armed plot to storm the Capitol and stop the certification of President Biden's election victory.
The case marks the first time the Justice Department has filed charges of sedition related to the attack and comes days after Attorney General Merrick Garland promised that prosecutors would charge anyone responsible for the Capitol riot "at any level," not just those who breached the building. Mr. Rhodes didn't enter the building that day, but prosecutors said he directed his followers there, setting in motion the violence.
His lawyer, Jonathon Moseley, said he was on the phone with Mr. Rhodes on Thursday afternoon when agents showed up at his client's home in Granbury, Texas.
A conviction isn't contingent on the conspiracy being successful and carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison, though defendants rarely receive that. Mr. Rhodes is also charged with numerous other counts related to obstruction of an official proceeding, which could factor into any sentencing decision if he is found guilty.
Prosecutors say Mr. Rhodes and other members of the Oath Keepers used encrypted communications apps to coordinate a series of actions leading up to their actions on Jan. 6, including organizing into teams and amassing weapons in the Washington area.
Once protesters had breached the Capitol perimeter, prosecutors say, members of the Oath Keepers marched into the Capitol as a team in "stack formation," a single-file military tactic. The group then split up, with half of the Oath Keepers headed for the U.S. Senate chamber while the other half set out for the House ofRepresentatives on the other end of the Capitol building, according to the indictment.
Prosecutors allege the group headed for the House was searching for Speaker Nancy Pelosi,who had been evacuated from the chamber by her security detail when the breach began. The Oath Keepers who tried to breach the Senate side were repelled by law enforcement, the indictment says.

The Oath Keepers allegedly also had an armed "Quick Reaction Force" stationed at a Comfort Inn in Arlington, Va., and other locations just outside the capital. They were prepared to ferry weapons into Washington in support of Oath Keepers operations, prosecutors say.

Worth bumping
Waco1947
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Listen bub, no one was charged with trying to kill the VP because no one tried to kill the VP, just like no one was charged with sedition because that didn't happen either.

We have plenty of facts now to tell us what happened, like how Trump did not incite a damn thing, like well over 95% of the people in DC on Jan 6 committed no crime, and the ones that did overwhelmingly did misdemeanors like Trespassing. In fact, the only felony we know about for sure was the murder of Ms. Babbitt, although the officer who shot her will never see punishment in this life.

But your myopic habit of seeing evil only when you can blame it on Trump is a tired, old, arrogance that makes you look like a malicious fool, quash.

Listen, bub, nobody but you is talking about attempted murder of the VP.

What you are doing is trying to distract from your lie that no threats were made on the VP. I gave you names and quotes and you told me I was short on substance.

Mkay.

You mention the double impeached about a hundred times more than I do. Look to your own TDS, bub.

And that sedition crack didn't take long to backfire. Lulz.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Osodecentx
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Read it again. "Seditious Conspiracy" is not the same as Sedition, and frankly I doubt they can prove the conspiracy charge.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Not a clue, but it doesn't stop him
Osodecentx
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

What you are doing is trying to distract from your lie that no threats were made on the VP. I gave you names and quotes and you told me I was short on substance.

Mkay.

You mention the double impeached about a hundred times more than I do. Look to your own TDS, bub.

Quick reaction force
Oldbear83
The careful observer will not how quash finally admits there was no attempt to kill the VP

Like so much else from the Democrats, they ignore the facts then try to replace facts with their noise.

For all we know, the only people making any threats were the curious Mr. Epps and his Fed friends.

But quash and Sam charge ahead with their accusations, facts be damned.

As for Oso, he seems to have joined Team Hysteria
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Mkay.

Quick reaction force
Yes I read the story.

Where's the evidence?
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Mkay.

Quick reaction force
Yes I read the story.

Where's the evidence?
The defendants are indicted for sedition. I'll wait on the trial. You've been saying they aren't indicted for sedition, therefore no sedition. Is that still your position?

According to WSJ it is actual sedition.
"has filed charges of sedition"
armed "Quick Reaction Force
prepared to ferry weapons into Washington
amassing weapons in the Washington area.

18 U.S. Code 2384 - Seditious conspiracy
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

The careful observer will not how quash finally admits there was no attempt to kill the VP

Like so much else from the Democrats, they ignore the facts then try to replace facts with their noise.

For all we know, the only people making any threats were the curious Mr. Epps and his Fed friends.

What's the difference between seditious conspiracy and sedition, insurrection and treason?
They are all offenses against the state, in different ways.
Seditious conspiracy involves two or more people contemplating, advocating for or engaging in use of force against the government.
Sedition is language intended to incite insurrection against government. Bans on sedition have always bumped up against the First Amendment. Rather than being a separate crime, sedition has effectively come under the seditious conspiracy statute for decades.
Insurrection involves armed uprising against the government.
Treason involves betrayal. Someone who owes allegiance to the United States yet "levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort" has committed treason. The Framers put that definition in the Constitution, to focus on offenses against the state rather than against the king.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2022/01/13/not-just-trespassing-justice-dept-now-sees-sedition-in-jan-6-mob-but-what-exactly-is-that/
Oldbear83
What I read was they were charged with 'conspiracy', not sedition itself.

I'd like someone to pull up the actual charges.

Still don't see evidence to support either charge.

Of course, some don't need evidence to start screaming.
Oldbear83
So words don't have meaning, you can just take one and say it means the same thing as any other?

And again, this is far from the first time we have seen baseless accusations from the Left.

Remember the Mueller "investigation"? Same song, just as stupid as the previous verses.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

So words don't have meaning, you can just take one and say it means the same thing as any other?

And again, this is far from the first time we have seen baseless accusations from the Left.

Remember the Mueller "investigation"? Same song, just as stupid as the previous verses.
Goal post moving.
The charges are sedition

Let's see how the trial goes. You sound worried
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Goal post moving.
The charges are sedition

I'm not the one pretending Sedition is the same as Conspiracy - that would be you.

And I said from the start I want to see evidence before buying into the accusation. Again, that is your side.

And no, I am not 'worried', just disappointed that after all your talk about building a cogent argument and not falling into rants, you are doing just that.

I thought you might try to live by the advice you posted in this very thread. Sad to see you prefer the mob.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Goal post moving.
The charges are sedition

I'm not the one pretending Sedition is the same as Conspiracy - that would be you.

And I said from the start I want to see evidence before buying into the accusation. Again, that is your side.

And no, I am not 'worried', just disappointed that after all your talk about building a cogent argument and not falling into rants, you are doing just that.

I thought you might try to live by the advice you posted in this very thread. Sad to see you prefer the mob.
They are indicted for a violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 2384. That is sedition. Page 32 of the indictment

There are lawyers on this board. Ask them. I can't say it any plainer
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Goal post moving.
The charges are sedition

They are indicted for a violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 2384. That is sedition. Page 32 of the indictment

There are lawyers on this board. Ask them. I can't say it any plainer
Read what I wrote. All of it. I'm tired of people who ignore 90% of a post and only look for a way to attack, and I'm not going to post it again..
Doc Holliday
Why are you going along with the establishment narrative of J6 that will ultimately be used to make dissent against the federal government sedition?

Are you trying to make any coalition against government illegal?
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Enough with your idiocy. I said there threats. You said there weren't, so I proved it.

That's when you started up a new game of attempts. You are playing alone.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Doc Holliday said:

Why are you going along with the establishment narrative of J6 that will ultimately be used to make dissent against the federal government sedition?

Let's stick to the facts.

And when it comes to giving government more power you are the one with the pet projects.
Oldbear83
Back to empty insults, quash?

Telling.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Back to empty insults, quash?

Telling.

Nothing empty about it. When you lie about what I said, and you continue to do, you earn it.

Quote me saying there was a specific attempt to kill VP Pence, as opposed to the verified threats, and I'll apologize to you.

Deal?

Oldbear83
You complain about lying?

You are quite the hypocrite, quash. But then I don't recall you getting so worked up about media people threatening President Trump, but that's OK in your book, hmm?

You should change your username to Brandon
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Let's stick to the facts.

And when it comes to giving government more power you are the one with the pet projects.

Such as?
quash
Oldbear83 said:

You are quite the hypocrite, quash. But then I don't recall you getting so worked up about media people threatening President Trump, but that's OK in your book, hmm?

Yes, I am complaining about your lying. And you aren't doing anything to set the record straight, just dodging, per usual.

I offered to apologize if you showed me a quote. Absent your ability to do so I kinda thought it understood that you would apologize to me.

Guess not.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yes, I am complaining about your lying. And you aren't doing anything to set the record straight, just dodging, per usual.

I offered to apologize if you showed me a quote. Absent your ability to do so I kinda thought it understood that you would apologize to me.

Guess not.

Anyone reading your posts would know you are the dishonest one here, quash.

I get it, you are so obsessed with Trump that anything that can be used to attack him or anyone who seems to defend him will be flung like a monkey with poo.

Your 'apology' isn't worth anything, since we both know you will always make an excuse to say you are not guilty of what you did.

That's the difference between us. I stop and back up from rants at times, and have owned up when I was wrong. You are malicious and dishonest on a regular pace, and never once have you been man enough to own up to it.

But in the end, we live with what we are, and I am very glad I don't have to make the excuses you do to support your vitriol and slander. You live a very petty life, and apparently have no honor to guide you to better purpose.

I will pray for you, that you may yet turn from perdition.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guess not.

I get it, you are so obsessed with Trump that anything that can be used to attack him or anyone who seems to defend him will be flung like a monkey with poo.

Your 'apology' isn't worth anything, since we both know you will always make an excuse to say you are not guilty of what you did.

That's the difference between us. I stop and back up from rants at times, and have owned up when I was wrong. You are malicious and dishonest on a regular pace, and never once have you been man enough to own up to it.

But in the end, we live with what we are, and I am very glad I don't have to make the excuses you do to support your vitriol and slander. You live a very petty life, and apparently have no honor to guide you to better purpose.

I will pray for you, that you may yet turn from perdition.

Liar.

I explained why there were no charges for threats. I guess that triggered you so you started the conversation about attempts on Vice President Pence's life. I didn't and I don't care.

And none of this has anything to do with the former president.

Show me where I said something about attempts on the VP. You can't, but now it's your big righteousness show.

Start with honesty, pharisee.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guess not.

Not true
Oldbear83
Quash: "Start with honesty, pharisee"

I always do.

And kudos for signing your post 'pharisee'. A start towards candor, that.
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guess not.

Not true
'Caiphas and Pilate were good friends after that day.'
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Quash: "Start with honesty, pharisee"

I always do.

And kudos for signing your post 'pharisee'. A start towards candor, that.

You are woefully short of specifics so here's your chance.

What, exactly, am I being dishonest about?
Oldbear83
Quash, today at 458 PM "What, exactly, am I being dishonest about?"

1. Pretending the rioters from the summer of 2020 received any serious consequence
"Most charges against George Floyd protesters dropped"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/17/george-floyd-protesters-charges-citations-analysis

"Hundreds of BLM rioters, looters and vandals have charges DROPPED despite destruction from violent protests"

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3123181/hundreds-blm-rioters-looters-vandals-charges-dropped/

"Why Charges Against Protesters Are Being Dismissed by the Thousands"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/us/protests-lawsuits-arrests.html
2. Claiming "zero" LEO were injured

" More than 2,000 law enforcement officers were injured in the first weeks of protests over the summer following the police killing of George Floyd"

https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/police-chief-association-releases-number-of-officers-injured-nationwide-during-violent-protests/article_db673920-34ab-11eb-9431-a3e24704f86a.html

"Over 60,000 officers assaulted in 2020, with 31% sustaining injuries: FBI"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/60000-officers-assaulted-2020-31-sustaining-injuries-fbi/story?id=80661264

Just a couple from early on in this thread.
quash

Nice. What's missing is any quote from me.

Especially as regards threats to the VP.
quash
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I think anyone who broke the law and committed violence on Jan. 6th needs to be held accountable. I've said that from day one. So, how is that "excusing" them?

Like you, I do wish Trump would go away. The difference between us is I don't let my personal dislike of the man make me nuts. I still have the ability to think rationally.

How is not believing this was a violent insurrection excusing the protestors who committed violence?

Cool answer, Bro

It's a fiction.

No, it's what happens when you stop looking for narratives and deal in the realities.

The reality is that those people stormed the capital to interfere with a valid election. Some of them with the expressed intent to use violence against the Vice President. You leave that reality out of your narrative. Why?

Name the people who made that threat, please.

"Do your own homework."

Which in English means no one was ever charged with that crime, because that claim is just one of many lies about that day.

Arrests are still being made but if you had done your homework you'd have turned up Rachel Myers among others.

You asked about threats, I gave you a name.
Oldbear83
As I said, when confronted with proof you squirm, evade and deny.

Dishonest but consistent.

The pithy definition of quash.
Oldbear83
quash said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Cool answer, Bro

It's a fiction.

Name the people who made that threat, please.

"Do your own homework."

Which in English means no one was ever charged with that crime, because that claim is just one of many lies about that day.

Arrests are still being made but if you had done your homework you'd have turned up Rachel Myers among others.

You asked about threats, I gave you a name.

I asked why no one was charged for that and you tried to change the point.

As expected.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.