"Mostly peaceful" protester/tourist sentenced to 5 years for visiting the Capitol

24,547 Views | 443 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

I want an equal amount of attention given to actual riots that saw multiple deaths , billions in damage to federal, state and private property and looting as is being given to the rowdy tourists that took pictures for a few hours and went home. If inciting riots and giving official government approval of them through payment of bail and dropping of charges isn't worth prosecuting then nothing that happened 1/6/21 deserves even a minute of investigation.
That argument cuts both ways. Lawyers for the BLM rioters would tell you their clients are being treated more harshly than the 1/6 offenders. It's hard to generalize with BLM because many of the cases are at the state level. At the federal level, Biden still seems to be pursuing most of the cases started by the Trump administration. I'll grant that the news coverage has been greatly unbalanced, but your beef there is with the media, not Congress or the courts.
oh good. Just for fun, can you send me the links to the "year of BLM riots" Congressional commission that is currently seeking ANY information at all about any aspects of that year of riots? The biased media hasn't reported any such committee so maybe you have a lead for me.
Congress isn't a law enforcement body. Their investigations are for purposes of legislating and overseeing the executive branch. In the case of 1/6, the committee was formed to investigate the failure of the Capitol Police and Congress itself to prepare for the event. Investigation of riots and other crimes committed in various states would normally be handled by state law enforcement, or by the Justice Department if federal laws were violated.

Cool. Any leads in those justice department investigations into the multiple federal crimes committed by the seizing of city blocks and attacking courthouses that delayed the judicial process? Any leads on the investigations into the incitement and planning of those riots? Any leads on the investigations into the politicians bailing out the violent criminals and giving them moral support publicly during said riots?
You can't prosecute someone for posting bail, but otherwise, sure. You can read about it here, here, and here, for example.
Not to be "that guy" or anything, but do you have anything from this year? The last 6 months? Also, the NYT article is behind a paywall, so you may be very well have provided a link from within the last 6 months, pero yo no se.
The NYT article is from last December. It says FBI agents were on the ground throughout 2020 and into 2021. About 1000 arrests were made. Some charges were dropped for lack of evidence, and about 100 are still pending.

I also turns out there were Senate hearings in 2020 on the role of federal law enforcement in the riots. They were brief and characterized by disagreement between Republicans, who wanted to focus on domestic terrorism, and Democrats, who wanted to focus on free speech. I've always said the Democrats need to be more honest with themselves and everyone about what Antifa and BLM are. Sen. Cruz led the way in pressing this issue. Unfortunately his carrying water for the Jan. 6 rioters only undermines his position on left-wing violence. Whataboutism only ever benefits the hypocrites and wrongdoers. Everyone else on both sides is hurt by it.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

I want an equal amount of attention given to actual riots that saw multiple deaths , billions in damage to federal, state and private property and looting as is being given to the rowdy tourists that took pictures for a few hours and went home. If inciting riots and giving official government approval of them through payment of bail and dropping of charges isn't worth prosecuting then nothing that happened 1/6/21 deserves even a minute of investigation.
That argument cuts both ways. Lawyers for the BLM rioters would tell you their clients are being treated more harshly than the 1/6 offenders. It's hard to generalize with BLM because many of the cases are at the state level. At the federal level, Biden still seems to be pursuing most of the cases started by the Trump administration. I'll grant that the news coverage has been greatly unbalanced, but your beef there is with the media, not Congress or the courts.
oh good. Just for fun, can you send me the links to the "year of BLM riots" Congressional commission that is currently seeking ANY information at all about any aspects of that year of riots? The biased media hasn't reported any such committee so maybe you have a lead for me.
Congress isn't a law enforcement body. Their investigations are for purposes of legislating and overseeing the executive branch. In the case of 1/6, the committee was formed to investigate the failure of the Capitol Police and Congress itself to prepare for the event. Investigation of riots and other crimes committed in various states would normally be handled by state law enforcement, or by the Justice Department if federal laws were violated.

Cool. Any leads in those justice department investigations into the multiple federal crimes committed by the seizing of city blocks and attacking courthouses that delayed the judicial process? Any leads on the investigations into the incitement and planning of those riots? Any leads on the investigations into the politicians bailing out the violent criminals and giving them moral support publicly during said riots?
You can't prosecute someone for posting bail, but otherwise, sure. You can read about it here, here, and here, for example.
Not to be "that guy" or anything, but do you have anything from this year? The last 6 months? Also, the NYT article is behind a paywall, so you may be very well have provided a link from within the last 6 months, pero yo no se.
The NYT article is from last December. It says FBI agents were on the ground throughout 2020 and into 2021. About 1000 arrests were made. Some charges were dropped for lack of evidence, and about 100 are still pending.

I also turns out there were Senate hearings in 2020 on the role of federal law enforcement in the riots. They were brief and characterized by disagreement between Republicans, who wanted to focus on domestic terrorism, and Democrats, who wanted to focus on free speech. I've always said the Democrats need to be more honest with themselves and everyone about what Antifa and BLM are. Sen. Cruz led the way in pressing this issue. Unfortunately his carrying water for Jan. 6 rioters only undermines his position on left-wing violence. Whataboutism only ever benefits the hypocrites and the wrongdoers. Everyone else on both sides is hurt by it.
Dang, I would love to read that NYT article if you feel up to copy and pasting(stealing) it for me. If not I understand, it's their property .
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

I also turns out there were Senate hearings in 2020 on the role of federal law enforcement in the riots. They were brief and characterized by disagreement between Republicans, who wanted to focus on domestic terrorism, and Democrats, who wanted to focus on free speech. I've always said the Democrats need to be more honest with themselves and everyone about what Antifa and BLM are. Sen. Cruz led the way in pressing this issue. Unfortunately his carrying water for Jan. 6 rioters only undermines his position on left-wing violence. Whataboutism only ever benefits the hypocrites and the wrongdoers. Everyone else on both sides is hurt by it.
Dang, I would love to read that NYT article if you feel up to copy and pasting(stealing) it for me. If not I understand, it's their property .
I was blocked by the paywall too. I had to read it on my phone, but it's hard to copy the whole thing from there.
Wangchung
I'll try from my laptop later.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/minneapolis-man-pled-guilty-trying-233421532.html

We are a whisker away from Civil War in this country. Not good.

Not even close.

Should another national election be stolen , it will happen.

Laf. Gotta have one to have another.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
jupiter

Waco1947
Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Neither was the year of blm riots.
Diversion
Waco1947
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion
Reality
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion
Reality Of course but still diversion. You were in power where's your Congressional BLM investigation? There is none and that's Trump's fault.
Conclusion: While reality it was not acted on by GOP
Waco1947
Wangchung
I was responding to the title of that vapid twat's video, "1/6 was not "legitimate political discourse.""
Many democrats, including politicians, media and private citizens, proved they indeed thought of the year of BLM riots as legitimate political discourse, through reigning in police response, refusing national guard help, incitement, fundraising and direct donations and probably coordination, or "community organizing." Show me ANYTHING close to that done by Republican politicians, media and citizens for the 1/6 morons.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion
Reality Of course but still diversion. You were in power where's your Congressional BLM investigation? There is none and that's Trump's fault.
The Democrats were in control of Congress, you dolt.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion
Dude, you smoke way too much Peyote
Canon
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Pretty sure that guy takes as a suppository.
Waco1947
Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

M pretty sure the Justice Department was GOP
Waco1947
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Not the way you think. Definitely Obama weaponized the DOJ/FBI and Biden has tried to do the same, but Trump didn't get the support he'd need to clean house as needed.

Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Not the way you think. Definitely Obama weaponized the DOJ/FBI and Biden has tried to do the same, but Trump didn't get the support he'd need to clean house as needed.

Who denied T that support and did that work? Barr was his guy
Waco1947
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Seriously Waco, I know you're not that simple-minded.

Barr is a guy who was put in charge of a department largely hostile to him and his boss. The list of FBI and DOJ officials who played footsie with the Russia Hoax Witch Trial shows how deep the indoctrination went, made harder by the fact that Barr did things the right way, proceeding only where evidence led rather than trying to counter-witch hunt Democrats.

The irony is that enough people hate Trump that folks would likely have gone along if the Democrats had just stayed focused on The Donald. But as often happens the Democrats overplayed their hand and went after millions of ordinary Americans, topping it off with this 'Insurrection' BS.

Rioting they could sell, but come on pal, no one but an insanely stupid person would buy that BS now.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Barr is a guy who was put in charge of a department largely hostile to him and his boss. The list of FBI and DOJ officials who played footsie with the Russia Hoax Witch Trial shows how deep the indoctrination went, made harder by the fact that Barr did things the right way, proceeding only where evidence led rather than trying to counter-witch hunt Democrats.

The irony is that enough people hate Trump that folks would likely have gone along if the Democrats had just stayed focused on The Donald. But as often happens the Democrats overplayed their hand and went after millions of ordinary Americans, topping it off with this 'Insurrection' BS.

Rioting they could sell, but come on pal, no one but an insanely stupid person would buy that BS now.

Do not call me simple minded. It's disrespectful
Waco1947
Wangchung
It sure seems like all due respect is paid in full around here, but I suppose when we remember that leftist creed of "never practice self-reflection" your post makes much more sense.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Read what I wrote again. I clearly said 'I know you are not that simple-minded', meaning I know you are not stupid.

Try being more honest, though. TDS is not a good way to look like a mature, rational adult.
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Don't call white people racist because they're not black. It's disrespectful
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Long haul TDS.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Long haul TDS.

I imagine you do. Good for you to admit it quash.
quash

Never leave the playground.
Oldbear83
quash said:

More advice you learned as a kid?

Can't say I agree with that one.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

More advice you learned as a kid?

Can't say I agree with that one.

Of course you do. It's your defining characteristic, followed by your "ability" to see hate in the most innocuous of circumstances.

Sad!
Wangchung

Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

Read what I wrote again. I clearly said 'I know you are not that simple-minded', meaning I know you are not stupid.

Try being more honest, though. TDS is not a good way to look like a mature, rational adult.
My apologies, I was wrong.
Waco1947
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Diversion

My apologies, I was wrong.

Sorry for my tone, Waco.

It's been a stressful couple weeks, and while we disagree you have been far more courteous than some.
Oldbear83
You do a poor Trump impression.

Then again, quash, you also do a poor 'mature adult' impression.

Maybe you should stick to your normal malicious sneering. That you have obviously worked on, for a long time.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

You do a poor Trump impression.

Then again, quash, you also do a poor 'mature adult' impression.

Maybe you should stick to your normal malicious sneering. That you have obviously worked on, for a long time.

You are referring to my oldbear impression.

I think it works better the way osodecentex does it, using a deep pool of your own quotes, the hoist on your own petard style.
Oldbear83
Quash: "You are referring to my oldbear impression."

You don't have an 'oldbear impression'

What you have is a 'paranoid and frankly pathetic attempt to crap in print'
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Oso can add that to his stockpile if he has enough cloud storage.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Oso does not bother with context when he plays that game.

But as you say, maybe he just ran out of storage.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Oso does not bother with context when he plays that game.

But as you say, maybe he just ran out of storage.

Are you kidding me? It's his knack for perfectly pairing the quote with the context that makes it all the more hilarious. You've given him a supply sufficient for any context.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.