"Mostly peaceful" protester/tourist sentenced to 5 years for visiting the Capitol

24,543 Views | 443 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I think anyone who broke the law and committed violence on Jan. 6th needs to be held accountable. I've said that from day one. So, how is that "excusing" them?

Like you, I do wish Trump would go away. The difference between us is I don't let my personal dislike of the man make me nuts. I still have the ability to think rationally.
You're allegiance to your narrative determines your response

Video of mostly peaceful Jan 6 insurrection
HBO trailer 2 hours of mostly peaceful mob

I notice you didn't answer my question. Let me repeat it in case you missed it.

How is not believing this was a violent insurrection excusing the protestors who committed violence?

The only one married to a narrative here is you, bro.
Cool answer, Bro
Are you scared to answer my question? Too difficult for you?

Huh. Never figured you for a coward.
It's a fiction.
This was an insurrection trying to install the losing candidate as POTUS

You're spiinning Trump's narrative

Did I answer your question?

How could they have installed the losing candidate?
I don't think they could. They believed they could.
A stupid bank robber still tried to rob the bank
Harassing the tellers and the manager doesn't make you a bank robber.

This is what happens to a narrative when intent is excluded.

No, it's what happens when you stop looking for narratives and deal in the realities.

The reality is that those people stormed the capital to interfere with a valid election. Some of them with the expressed intent to use violence against the Vice President. You leave that reality out of your narrative. Why?

Name the people who made that threat, please.

"Do your own homework."

Which in English means no one was ever charged with that crime, because that claim is just one of many lies about that day.

Arrests are still being made but if you had done your homework you'd have turned up Rachel Myers among others.

You asked about threats, I gave you a name.

I asked why no one was charged for that and you tried to change the point.

As expected.

I explained the point: assault by threat cannot be done remotely, you must have the present ability to carry out the threat.

That's when you pivoted. Not me
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
Nope, I have consistently asked why no one was charged with that crime.

You spluttered and squirmed, because we both know there was no such crime.

I'm not saying some idiot did not say something stupid, kind of like the threats we heard against Trump from various celebrities, who also never faced any legal consequences.

We both know you have nothing on this count. We also know you are not honest enough to admit you were just desperately hoping for something you could pretend was a serious crime.

Sucks for you, Brandon.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
Texas Man Charged With Threatening to Kill Georgia Officials Over 2020 Election
Case is first to be issued by Justice Department task force set up last year to prosecute alleged threats against elections officials
WASHINGTONFederal prosecutors have charged a Texas man with threatening to kill Georgia government officials, in the first case brought by a Justice Department task force created to combat crimes against election workers.
Chad Christopher Stark wrote in a Jan. 5, 2021, message on Craigslist that it was "time to put a bullet" in one official before moving on to "local and federal corrupt judges," according to an indictment unsealed Friday, in which the names of the targeted officials are redacted. He offered $10,000 to those who would join him, prosecutors said.
"Georgia Patriots, it's time for us to take back our state from these Lawless treasonous traitors," Mr. Stark wrote in the post, according to the court documents. "It's our duty as American Patriots to put an end to the lives of these traitors and take back our country by force … If we want our country back we have to exterminate these people."
Mr. Stark, of Leander near Austin, was charged with interstate threats and arrested Friday morning. Court records don't list an attorney for Mr. Stark.
Attorney General Merrick Garland in June formed a task force aimed at prosecuting such reported crimes after elections officials, particularly in Georgia and other battleground states, were barraged with threatening phone calls and messages taking issue with their defense of results showing President Biden's victory in the 2020 election. The task force has reviewed more than 850 reports of threats and harassment to elections officials and opened dozens of investigations, Kenneth Polite, head of the Justice Department's Criminal Division, said Friday.
Some state election officials reported protesters gathering outside their homes and receiving threatening messages aimed at them and their families. Some were accorded round-the-clock security details. A 2021 survey found that one in three election officials felt unsafe because of their job, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University's law school.
Mr. Stark's post urged readers to "pay a visit" to another government official "and her family as well and put a bullet behind the ears," the indictment says. "We will find you oathbreakers."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-man-charged-with-threatening-to-kill-georgia-officials-over-2020-election-11642787356?mod=Searchresults_pos1&page=1
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Nope, I have consistently asked why no one was charged with that crime.

You spluttered and squirmed, because we both know there was no such crime.

I'm not saying some idiot did not say something stupid, kind of like the threats we heard against Trump from various celebrities, who also never faced any legal consequences.

We both know you have nothing on this count. We also know you are not honest enough to admit you were just desperately hoping for something you could pretend was a serious crime.

Sucks for you, Brandon.

For the fourth, and final time.

I am the one who gave you the name and the quoted threat on the VP.

And, I am the one who told why that threat did not warrant a charge (immediacy).

You then killed an interesting thread with a two headed attack: moving the goalposts from threat to attempt (and I said right from the gitgo that nobody seems to qualify for that specific charge) and then lying about my role.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
Quash plays the victim yet again. Dude, just stop, you're not convincing anyone now, not even yourself.

Don't be Brandon. At least Biden gets ice cream out of his act, not sure what you get out of your online Tourette Syndrome
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Quash plays the victim yet again. Dude, just stop, you're not convincing anyone now, not even yourself.

Don't be Brandon. At least Biden gets ice cream out of his act, not sure what you get out of your online Tourette Syndrome

You see the weirdest things. If your despicable mental health slur were to be accurate then there should have been evidence in my post. There wasn't.

Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

You see the weirdest things. If your despicable mental health slur were to be accurate then there should have been evidence in my post. There wasn't.

That's OK Brandon, the nurses have ice cream ready for you, then your nap time.

Just like Joe
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Just like Joe
This is frontier gibberish
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Just like Joe

Ableist. Ageist.

Let go of the hate.
Oldbear83
Take your own advice.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Just like Joe

chuckle

Good line .

I might borrow it someday ..

Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Just like Joe

chuckle

Good line .

I might borrow it someday ..

It's yours, no copyright
Waco1947
https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-trump-supporter-bound-court-charged-attempt-tamper-voting-machine-1674238?+utm_source=pushnami&utm_medium=Push_Notifications&utm_campaign=automatic&UTM=1643486963377&fbclid=IwAR3X4nh386cbiZwjTbNyRYLYS4bI5a_ZAMwWMKrHczuSGW7lfF51rGxv310
Waco1947
Wangchung
Probation after admitting to setting fire to a police station during one of the 500+ BLM riots.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/minneapolis-man-pled-guilty-trying-233421532.html
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
https://news.yahoo.com/minneapolis-man-pled-guilty-trying-233421532.html

We are a whisker away from Civil War in this country. Not good.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not even close.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not even close.

Should another national election be stolen , it will happen.

-- Barack Obama
jupiter

Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not even close.

No evidence for "Stolen". The Former President is using a lie and it is hurting our democracy
Premise The 2020 election was stolen
Conclusion. Civil War is close
However the Premise begs the question "Was the election stolen"
Answer "No it was not because there is no evidence"
The former President is pushing lie that is dangerous
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not even close.

No evidence for "Stolen". The Former President is using a lie and it is hurting our democracy
Premise The 2020 election was stolen
Conclusion. Civil War is close
However the Premise begs the question "Was the election stolen"
Answer "No it was not because there is no evidence"
The former President is pushing lie that is dangerous

Barack Obama -69 million votes

Joe Biden - 81 million votes?

Sorry Old Timer, but that just didn't happen. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

-- Barack Obama
jupiter

jupiter

Wangchung
jupiter said:

Neither was the year of blm riots.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Okay. Now what?
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Okay. Now what?
Now we stop pretending 1/6th was an InSuRrEcTiOn, end the ridiculous democrat 1/6th commission and treat the people arrested that day accordingly per our constitution. Convict them for whatever they are guilty of but stop pretending trespassing in the peoples capitol deserves a year of confinement while awaiting trial. Then we arrest those who bailed out rioters that went on to commit further crimes. Then we investigate and arrest the blm rioters and those who organized, antagonized and funded the blm riots.
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Okay. Now what?
Now we stop pretending 1/6th was an InSuRrEcTiOn, end the ridiculous democrat 1/6th commission and treat the people arrested that day accordingly per our constitution. Convict them for whatever they are guilty of but stop pretending trespassing in the peoples capitol deserves a year of confinement while awaiting trial. Then we arrest those who bailed out rioters that went on to commit further crimes. Then we investigate and arrest the blm rioters and those who organized, antagonized and funded the blm riots.
I believe it was an insurrection by some, not all of the rioters. Some in the Capitol on 1/6 intended to install the losing candidate as POTUS inspite of the election results. That is insurrection.

You don't arrest people for putting up bail for folks we don't like. The next time someone we like is arrested and we put up bond, others may decide to arrest you because they don't like the person you bailed out.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

Okay. Now what?
So you want Congress to investigate the people who aided BLM, but not those who aided 1/6, even though some of them may have been members of Congress?
Wangchung
I want an equal amount of attention given to actual riots that saw multiple deaths , billions in damage to federal, state and private property and looting as is being given to the rowdy tourists that took pictures for a few hours and went home. If inciting riots and giving official government approval of them through payment of bail and dropping of charges isn't worth prosecuting then nothing that happened 1/6/21 deserves even a minute of investigation.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

I want an equal amount of attention given to actual riots that saw multiple deaths , billions in damage to federal, state and private property and looting as is being given to the rowdy tourists that took pictures for a few hours and went home. If inciting riots and giving official government approval of them through payment of bail and dropping of charges isn't worth prosecuting then nothing that happened 1/6/21 deserves even a minute of investigation.
That argument cuts both ways. Lawyers for the BLM rioters would tell you their clients are being treated more harshly than the 1/6 offenders. It's hard to generalize with BLM because many of the cases are at the state level. At the federal level, Biden still seems to be pursuing most of the cases started by the Trump administration. I'll grant that the news coverage has been greatly unbalanced, but your beef there is with the media, not Congress or the courts.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

That argument cuts both ways. Lawyers for the BLM rioters would tell you their clients are being treated more harshly than the 1/6 offenders. It's hard to generalize with BLM because many of the cases are at the state level. At the federal level, Biden still seems to be pursuing most of the cases started by the Trump administration. I'll grant that the news coverage has been greatly unbalanced, but your beef there is with the media, not Congress or the courts.
oh good. Just for fun, can you send me the links to the "year of BLM riots" Congressional commission that is currently seeking ANY information at all about any aspects of that year of riots? The biased media hasn't reported any such committee so maybe you have a lead for me.
Oldbear83
"Lawyers for the BLM rioters would tell you their clients are being treated more harshly than the 1/6 offenders"

Only if they are lying, which admittedly is likely.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

oh good. Just for fun, can you send me the links to the "year of BLM riots" Congressional commission that is currently seeking ANY information at all about any aspects of that year of riots? The biased media hasn't reported any such committee so maybe you have a lead for me.
Congress isn't a law enforcement body. Their investigations are for purposes of legislating and overseeing the executive branch. In the case of 1/6, the committee was formed to investigate the failure of the Capitol Police and Congress itself to prepare for the event. Investigation of riots and other crimes committed in various states would normally be handled by state law enforcement, or by the Justice Department if federal laws were violated.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Congress isn't a law enforcement body. Their investigations are for purposes of legislating and overseeing the executive branch. In the case of 1/6, the committee was formed to investigate the failure of the Capitol Police and Congress itself to prepare for the event. Investigation of riots and other crimes committed in various states would normally be handled by state law enforcement, or by the Justice Department if federal laws were violated.

Cool. Any leads in those justice department investigations into the multiple federal crimes committed by the seizing of city blocks and attacking courthouses that delayed the judicial process? Any leads on the investigations into the incitement and planning of those riots? Any leads on the investigations into the politicians bailing out the violent criminals and giving them moral support publicly during said riots?
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Cool. Any leads in those justice department investigations into the multiple federal crimes committed by the seizing of city blocks and attacking courthouses that delayed the judicial process? Any leads on the investigations into the incitement and planning of those riots? Any leads on the investigations into the politicians bailing out the violent criminals and giving them moral support publicly during said riots?
You can't prosecute someone for posting bail, but otherwise, sure. You can read about it here, here, and here, for example.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

You can't prosecute someone for posting bail, but otherwise, sure. You can read about it here, here, and here, for example.
Not to be "that guy" or anything, but do you have anything from this year? The last 6 months? Also, the NYT article is behind a paywall, so you may be very well have provided a link from within the last 6 months, pero yo no se.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.