I don't live in Florida.

20,212 Views | 360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
ATL Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

They don't teach Pythagorean Theorem to 4-9 year olds either. Doesn't mean the idea is banned, it's just implemented at age appropriate developmental and educational milestones. Transexualism and gender fluidity are advanced sexual identity and preference concepts that don't belong in any prepubescent teaching environment.

Right. And the vast majority of educators know that at the "duh" level.

What y'all are advocating for is the substitution of state law for local common sense.

This sets a bad precedent for the day a Democrat is in the governor's office

Apparently the liberal tears between now and then are worth state encroachment.

Not for me.

One lesson of freedom that the anything goes crowd misses, is the necessity of restraint. That's when the state is forced to intervene. We are there with the homosexual and transsexual movement unfortunately. Remember when the call was, "how does who someone loves effect you?".
BUbearinARK
Ghey.
Mothra
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

They don't teach Pythagorean Theorem to 4-9 year olds either. Doesn't mean the idea is banned, it's just implemented at age appropriate developmental and educational milestones. Transexualism and gender fluidity are advanced sexual identity and preference concepts that don't belong in any prepubescent teaching environment.

What y'all are advocating for is the substitution of state law for local common sense.

Not for me.
Teachers say they're not doing this now. You think they wouldn't do it because nobody with common sense would do this.
The Florida law prohibits something that teachers aren't doing anyway and have common sense enough not to do. seems like there is no harm, no foul. What is the state encroachment when an activity that is not happening is prohibited.
The legislature passed the bill so I'm not sure what a Democrat governor can do.

I'm sure we'll see examples. And those examples will then be written off by the Mithras as one offs, every single time. And since the accused will be labelled groomers by the Canons the result will be a culture wars battlefield because some gay teacher mentioned that he spent the weekend celebrating his marriage anniversary to his husband. Or something else else equally benign/heinous, depending on which jersey you wear.

I taught with teachers who kept photos of their spouses in the classroom. If some Kanon gets her parental rights worked up over a same sex spouse's photo, you know the courts will consider it disparate treatment if only the gay photos get yanked.

If you think straight Christians will not be affected you are dreaming.

Edit. I know there are examples of it occurring now; what I have said (and had distorted) is that up to now these were handled at the local level by and large. It is ad absurdum to make a comparison to murder. We have always prided ourselves over "local control" of schools, it's why school board elections are a bigger deal than RRC elections.

The proverbial slippery slope fallacy.

Using extreme and absurd examples to prove your point don't prove your point.

Your argument makes no sense as usual.
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

Exactly, The state should not intrude in local school boards
Would you be cool with local school boards telling teachers its ok for them to invade the province of parents by teaching kindergartners about sexuality?
FLBear5630
ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

Local school boards are the state. The "state" is the government authority behind the decisions,

Where do you live that the state does not set education rules? Teachers are certified by the state, curriculums are approved, school districts set, times, lunches, and facilities. All of a sudden saying no to teaching k-3 about transgender and homosexuality is a bridge too far????
GrowlTowel
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

Would you be cool with local school boards telling teachers its ok for them to invade the province of parents by teaching kindergartners about sexuality?
Yes, he has an entire sermon about it, Butt Sex on the Mount.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Waco1947
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

But the federal govt should?
It depends. What issue are you talking about?
Waco1947
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.
Teachers say they're not doing this now. You think they wouldn't do it because nobody with common sense would do this.
The Florida law prohibits something that teachers aren't doing anyway and have common sense enough not to do. seems like there is no harm, no foul. What is the state encroachment when an activity that is not happening is prohibited.
The legislature passed the bill so I'm not sure what a Democrat governor can do.

I'm sure we'll see examples. And those examples will then be written off by the Mithras as one offs, every single time. And since the accused will be labelled groomers by the Canons the result will be a culture wars battlefield because some gay teacher mentioned that he spent the weekend celebrating his marriage anniversary to his husband. Or something else else equally benign/heinous, depending on which jersey you wear.

I taught with teachers who kept photos of their spouses in the classroom. If some Kanon gets her parental rights worked up over a same sex spouse's photo, you know the courts will consider it disparate treatment if only the gay photos get yanked.

Edit. I know there are examples of it occurring now; what I have said (and had distorted) is that up to now these were handled at the local level by and large. It is ad absurdum to make a comparison to murder. We have always prided ourselves over "local control" of schools, it's why school board elections are a bigger deal than RRC elections.

What's "as usual" here is your failing to understand liberty concepts.

Enjoy your forced pronouns when the state turns blue.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

Ah yes, because a law that says parents should have the freedom to talk (or not talk) about transgenderism with their kindergartner without the govt. infringing on that discussion is in truth squelching liberty and will lead to the govt. forcing pronouns on students. Swell reasoning there.

Doubling down on your stupid slippery slope fallacy does not a good argument make, counselor.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

Ah yes, because a law that says parents should have the freedom to talk (or not talk) about transgenderism with their kindergartner without the govt. infringing on that discussion is in truth squelching liberty and will lead to the govt. forcing pronouns on students. Swell reasoning there.

Doubling down on your stupid slippery slope fallacy does not a good argument make, counselor.

The logic fail is strong in this one.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
ATL Bear
RMF5630 said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

Local school boards are the state. The "state" is the government authority behind the decisions,

Where do you live that the state does not set education rules? Teachers are certified by the state, curriculums are approved, school districts set, times, lunches, and facilities. All of a sudden saying no to teaching k-3 about transgender and homosexuality is a bridge too far????
Once again, I think you're responding to someone else and not me. My point is exactly that the "state" Is making these decisions, and they come from all levels, Federal, state, and local authorities. But apparently as you point out, for Waco1947 the state should butt out on transsexual curriculum, which makes no sense.
FLBear5630
ATL Bear said:

RMF5630 said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

Once again, I think you're responding to someone else and not me. My point is exactly that the "state" Is making these decisions, and they come from all levels, Federal, state, and local authorities. But apparently as you point out, for Waco1947 the state should butt out on transsexual curriculum, which makes no sense.

Doing this on a phone makes it tough to get the correct initial post, sorry. We agree.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Not for me.

The logic fail is strong in this one.

It would be nice if you employed logic in your argument, for a change.
Jack Bauer
THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Groomers. All of 'em
Jack Bauer
Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Groomers. All of 'em
"These are just ROGUE teachers and being handled by schools"

<checks notes> video from Maine Dept of Education
Jack Bauer
I guarantee this teacher wants to talk about queerness and transness with her students a lot more than they want to talk about

"I have to tread very lightly" - which is why I am posting a video of my actions on social media.

Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer said:

I guarantee this teacher wants to talk about queerness and transness with her students a lot more than they want to talk about

"I have to tread very lightly" - which is why I am posting a video of my actions on social media.

Groomers are going to keep grooming.

These are sick sick people.x
Canon
Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

How did that tattooed garbage disposal get a job teaching children?
Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Come on, Jack. Quash says teachers will use common sense.
Canada2017
Canon said:

Rawhide said:

Jack Bauer said:

How did that tattooed garbage disposal get a job teaching children?
Probably was the only one willing to accept the salary .
quash
Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

I already addressed this, but you do you.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

We agree. You suggested the law is unnecessary because teachers will employ common sense.

Like I said.
Jack Bauer
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

We agree. You suggested the law is unnecessary because teachers will employ common sense.

Like I said.

I suggest you learn to read without bias glasses.
Canon
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Like I said.

You could just not post stupid *****
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Like I said.

If you feel I've misinterpreted your position, feel free to clarify.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Like I said.

I was clear. You chose to muddy the issue.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Like I said.

I agree you were clear. I stated your position succinctly.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Like I said.

No, you intentionally did not.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

THIS
IS
NOT
HAPPENING
IN
OUR
SCHOOLS!!

Like I said.

No, you intentionally did not.

So, you'd support a teacher's right to teach The Bible and Jesus Christ to her 2nd grade class?
LIB,MR BEARS
Jack Bauer said:

I thought profiling was bad.
Jack Bauer
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jack Bauer said:

What about this?

Q: A Black Man was murdered.

He was most likely killed by:
a) White Man
b) Police officer
c) Asian
d) Another Black man
quash
Jack Bauer said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jack Bauer said:

What about this?

The killer least likely to be charged was:
a) White Man
b) Police officer
c) Asian
d) Another Black man

FIFM.
Wangchung
quash said:

Jack Bauer said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jack Bauer said:

What about this?

The killer least likely to be charged was:
a) White Man
b) Police officer
c) Asian
d) Another Black man

FIFM.

Answer is still D.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.