I don't live in Florida.

20,191 Views | 360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shippou said:

RMF5630 said:

Shippou said:

Waco1947 said:

Shippou said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

An actual example of "Don't Say Gay".

I'm sure the morally superior Hollywood actors will demand to boycott China's market!

Make all the innocent kids things gay. They did this with Arthur on PBS. Kids show, turned him into a queer at the end. Doing it with multiple comic book characters like captain America, green lantern and Superman.

So sick of that twisted world view being aimed squarely at children. Groomers gonna groom.
Your lack of knowledge of many things is showing, especially pop culture. Arthur wasn't gay, his teacher Mr. Ratburn was. Also lol multiple comic book characters? Yeah, there's gay versions, don't wanna read it? Go read classic 616 Captain America, or New 52 Green Lantern and Superman.

It sounds like you hate representation and you just wish queers and the like would shut up because you're an idiot who can't explain to your children simple things like not everyone in the world is the same homogenous milquetoast **** like yourself.

Also one last thing, I was a kid who read harry potter from the time it was released till the end and stuff, when J.K. Rowling said dumbledore was gay you know what my response as well as a lot of the other "kids" who read it at the time?? Makes sense, dude never showed any interest in women throughout the series and they hinted at something with Grindelwald a long time ago.

Also calling people groomers? What're they grooming the children to do? Not be hateful bigots like yourself? lol
With respect to the last paragraph, read a statistic the other day that 1 in 6 Gen Zers consider themselves somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum. This of course doesn't make much sense from a scientific perspective, as studies show approximately 1.6 to 6% of the population are actually LGBTQ. So the question becomes, why are so many Gen Zers so confused about their sexuality/gender?

All things being equal, when we have a small segment of the populace in our schools and in the media that is pushing an agenda (and it is an agenda, just look at the Disney executives on zoom who admitted as much) that says gender and sexuality are fungible and kids can be whatever they want, it is clear from where this confusion springs.

These are things that any functioning society should be concerned with - things that in the past have led to the downfall of cultures. It's why communist (your political beliefs of choice) countries like China and Russia outlaw or restrict such messaging. And the problem is it is being pushed on kids who don't know the difference through cartoons and comic books. And with all due respect, that is indefensible.

Wouldn't you expect more people to "come out the closet" as society becomes more "tolerant" of previously looked down upon orientations and lifestyles??

And I'm not trying to be confrontational with you(you're one of the few on this board I don't have ignored or anything)

But what cultures have collapsed or disappeared because of the gays?

Also Russia isn't communist, Putin is fiercely anti communist he says the USSR was the worst thing to happen to the Russian people. And to touch on that in the USSR only Stalin was really anti gay, most of the anti gay laws in that time period were put in by him and then undone by his successors. And China historically has a very conservative culture, despite what their government's ideology might be.
Did you get a response?

No, they don't really respond, and I wasn't really expecting a response. I only pop in here from time to time to see what a cesspool it is and laugh about conservative outrage about non issues.

Question i have has nothing to do with what you brought up, what an adult does is their business, just don't push it on me. That said, I also have no right to discriminate.

You think it is right to teach this stuff to k-3 in a public school? All the other stuff is window dressing, the action in question is gender id being part of a school curriculum for k-3. I think k-3 should not be instructed in this stuff. I do not think that is radical.

I think you can give a kid some sorta baseline knowledge about different gender identities and whatnot. I don't know what these teachers are doing and how they're doing it, I'm sure someone out there can break it down for a kid to understand.

Personally I do feel like teaching a kid in kindergarten about the different genders is too early. And I honestly feel until a child is older the person teaching them on these subjects probably should be their parents.

But when little Billy hears from his homophobic parents about how all the ***s and queers and whatever are ruining the country well little Billy grows up to be a hateful homophobe too and the cycle repeats itself.

At the end of the day identity politics kill me, I do not care for them personally, there are much bigger problems going on in the world than the supposed culture wars that people split hairs about. I treat everyone with decency until it's shown they don't deserve it by their actions, I'll call you whatever pronoun you want, just don't be a piece of ****, that's my big thing.

Disagree that this is identity politics. This is about common decency to protect what little innocence we still have. We should at least be able to agree on that.. i truly believe it is criminal to talk about this with a 5 year old. Let them be a kid for a little while before Disney and Hollywood gets their claws in them.

You think you have mixed up kids now, start teaching this stuff at 5.

I had a discussion on this with a trans friend of my liberal daughter. He wanting to be she, but as a she was lesbian. I got news, that is not gay. He is still attracted to the opposite sex, just playing dress up.
These people don't seem to know what to think, sad. Why would you want to tell that to a 5 year old?
Whiskey Pete
RMF5630 said:

Shippou said:

RMF5630 said:

Shippou said:

Waco1947 said:

Shippou said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

I'm sure the morally superior Hollywood actors will demand to boycott China's market!

Make all the innocent kids things gay. They did this with Arthur on PBS. Kids show, turned him into a queer at the end. Doing it with multiple comic book characters like captain America, green lantern and Superman.

So sick of that twisted world view being aimed squarely at children. Groomers gonna groom.
Your lack of knowledge of many things is showing, especially pop culture. Arthur wasn't gay, his teacher Mr. Ratburn was. Also lol multiple comic book characters? Yeah, there's gay versions, don't wanna read it? Go read classic 616 Captain America, or New 52 Green Lantern and Superman.

It sounds like you hate representation and you just wish queers and the like would shut up because you're an idiot who can't explain to your children simple things like not everyone in the world is the same homogenous milquetoast **** like yourself.

Also one last thing, I was a kid who read harry potter from the time it was released till the end and stuff, when J.K. Rowling said dumbledore was gay you know what my response as well as a lot of the other "kids" who read it at the time?? Makes sense, dude never showed any interest in women throughout the series and they hinted at something with Grindelwald a long time ago.

Also calling people groomers? What're they grooming the children to do? Not be hateful bigots like yourself? lol
With respect to the last paragraph, read a statistic the other day that 1 in 6 Gen Zers consider themselves somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum. This of course doesn't make much sense from a scientific perspective, as studies show approximately 1.6 to 6% of the population are actually LGBTQ. So the question becomes, why are so many Gen Zers so confused about their sexuality/gender?

All things being equal, when we have a small segment of the populace in our schools and in the media that is pushing an agenda (and it is an agenda, just look at the Disney executives on zoom who admitted as much) that says gender and sexuality are fungible and kids can be whatever they want, it is clear from where this confusion springs.

These are things that any functioning society should be concerned with - things that in the past have led to the downfall of cultures. It's why communist (your political beliefs of choice) countries like China and Russia outlaw or restrict such messaging. And the problem is it is being pushed on kids who don't know the difference through cartoons and comic books. And with all due respect, that is indefensible.

Wouldn't you expect more people to "come out the closet" as society becomes more "tolerant" of previously looked down upon orientations and lifestyles??

And I'm not trying to be confrontational with you(you're one of the few on this board I don't have ignored or anything)

Also Russia isn't communist, Putin is fiercely anti communist he says the USSR was the worst thing to happen to the Russian people. And to touch on that in the USSR only Stalin was really anti gay, most of the anti gay laws in that time period were put in by him and then undone by his successors. And China historically has a very conservative culture, despite what their government's ideology might be.
Did you get a response?

No, they don't really respond, and I wasn't really expecting a response. I only pop in here from time to time to see what a cesspool it is and laugh about conservative outrage about non issues.

Question i have has nothing to do with what you brought up, what an adult does is their business, just don't push it on me. That said, I also have no right to discriminate.

You think it is right to teach this stuff to k-3 in a public school? All the other stuff is window dressing, the action in question is gender id being part of a school curriculum for k-3. I think k-3 should not be instructed in this stuff. I do not think that is radical.

I think you can give a kid some sorta baseline knowledge about different gender identities and whatnot. I don't know what these teachers are doing and how they're doing it, I'm sure someone out there can break it down for a kid to understand.

Personally I do feel like teaching a kid in kindergarten about the different genders is too early. And I honestly feel until a child is older the person teaching them on these subjects probably should be their parents.

But when little Billy hears from his homophobic parents about how all the ***s and queers and whatever are ruining the country well little Billy grows up to be a hateful homophobe too and the cycle repeats itself.

At the end of the day identity politics kill me, I do not care for them personally, there are much bigger problems going on in the world than the supposed culture wars that people split hairs about. I treat everyone with decency until it's shown they don't deserve it by their actions, I'll call you whatever pronoun you want, just don't be a piece of ****, that's my big thing.

Disagree that this is identity politics. This is about common decency to protect what little innocence we still have. We should at least be able to agree on that.. i truly believe it is criminal to talk about this with a 5 year old. Let them be a kid for a little while before Disney and Hollywood gets their claws in them.

You think you have mixed up kids now, start teaching this stuff at 5.

I had a discussion on this with a trans friend of my liberal daughter. He wanting to be she, but as a she was lesbian. I got news, that is not gay. He is still attracted to the opposite sex, just playing dress up.
These people don't seem to know what to think, sad. Why would you want to tell that to a 5 year old?

Leftists love to shout that people are born gay, but God forbid that normal people claim someone is born a boy or girl.

These transgenders are mentally ill.
Mothra
Shippou said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

Certainly as a practice becomes more accepted, one would expect the number of people engaging in it to increase. But that simply doesn't account for 1 in 6 Gen Zers identifying as LGBTQ, especially when studies put the actual number as between 1.6 and 6%. As kids are taught gender/sexuality are fungible, it likewise stands to reason that you would expect there to be an increase in the number of kids who are confused and identify as such. And the numbers bear out that is what is happening in our younger generations.

And I think you misunderstood my comments on societies' collapse. I was referencing sexual decadence more than anything, which encompasses a broad range of behaviors, and not just homosexuality. There are a number of cultures one can point to throughout history who collapsed following a steep uptick in sexual decadence. Greece, Rome, and ancient Egypt come to mind. Was that the only reason? Of course not. But it is a common denominator in many instances.

I was referring more to the Soviet Union than Russia, which had strict laws outlawing homosexuality. I agree Russia is no longer "communist" per se, though it still retains many of the authoritarian and subjugating policies that have been the hallmark of communism throughout history. But perhaps you can point to a communist-country that has retained freedom, and has likewise retained the ability of people to express their sexuality freely?

Good luck!

Although we disagree, I have always found your posts to be respectful and reasoned. I am glad we can have discussions on topics on which we disagree without delving into insults, as so often happens on these boards.

Mothra
quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Government idea cancels. What could go wrong?

Maybe we should have Hustler as reading material for 2nd graders too?

Nobody cancelled an idea. If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? You really don't see something wrong with that???

I have a real problem with states banning ideas. Do you want states to have the power to force pronouns on you? You don't see something wrong with that?

Meanwhile I think we can rely on the laws we have that allow parents to question these things. Unfortunately we burden the districts with both legit claims and those of that Karen at Lake Travis. Better that than state action. Texas could turn blue again and copy Gov. Abbot's massive use of EOs. I'd rather states not abuse their power. It's a Libertarian thing.

I find it remarkable that anyone could equate a law saying teachers shouldn't teach kindergartners about sexuality to "banning ideas." The intellectual dishonesty in that position is astounding. I think you are smart enough to realize you're lying.

By your standard, any curriculum that a school puts into practice would be anti-libertarian, which is of course absurd. You seem to be confusing libertarian (a concept you've always had difficulty grasping) with anarchism. There is nothing anti-libertarian in this law. Real libertarians, and not those who play libertarians on social media, realize that the goal of true libertarianism is to maximize autonomy and personal freedom. That is what this law does - telling society that parents have the authority to teach their kindergartners about sexuality.
Sam Lowry
Shippou said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

He's not a communist, but I think what he said is that the breakup of the USSR was the worst thing to happen to the Russian people.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

Shippou said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

He's not a communist, but I think what he said is that the breakup of the USSR was the worst thing to happen to the Russian people.
He was. Here is an interview from 2016. He is clearly agrees not only with Communist ideas, but also with Stalin. Yeah, he is a real freedom loving guy...

https://www.newsweek.com/russias-putin-says-he-always-liked-communist-socialist-ideas-419289
Canon
GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

Sign me up. Preach it brother!

Why do you think queers and the like need to shut up? What'd they do to you other than exist?

So you are saying we kill them? Like your heroes do to political opposition? Wow, I just wanted the butt sex talk to stop.

Maybe I don't want to join you comrade.

Our flight attendant has decided to match HIS fingernail polish to his blue United uniform, but I thought it clashed with his rainbow flag decorated backpack. I bet he's a fan of Noah's Ark and is covering up some sort of nail fungus.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canon said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

Why do you think queers and the like need to shut up? What'd they do to you other than exist?

So you are saying we kill them? Like your heroes do to political opposition? Wow, I just wanted the butt sex talk to stop.

Our flight attendant has decided to match HIS fingernail polish to his blue United uniform, but I thought it clashed with his rainbow flag decorated backpack. I bet he's a fan of Noah's Ark and is covering up some sort of nail fungus.

I bet he appreciates you noticing. Good start.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Canon
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Canon said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

I bet he appreciates you noticing. Good start.

Undoubtedly.
Jack Bauer
Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Leading transgender psychologist helped hundreds of teens transition but says peer pressure is behind recent rise in children coming out as trans or nonbinary

Quote:

A transgender psychologist who has helped hundreds of teens transition is concerned over the sharp rise in youths identifying as trans or non-binary, claiming the spike could be a result of peer pressure.
Dr. Erica Anderson, 71, a former clinical psychologist at the University of California San Francisco's Child and Adolescent Gender Clinic, said clinicians were failing to carry out thorough mental health evaluations before recommending hormones or surgeries to teens who might not be sure if they truly want to transition.
'For a while, we were all happy that society was becoming more accepting and more families than ever were embracing children that were gender variant,' Anderson, who made her own transition at 45, told the Los Angeles Times.

'I think it's gone too far. Now it's got to the point where there are kids presenting at clinics whose parents say, 'This just doesn't make sense.''

'To flatly say there couldn't be any social influence in formation of gender identity flies in the face of reality,' she added. 'Teenagers influence each other.'

Anderson warned fellow members of the American Psychological Association committee tasked with writing transgender healthcare guidelines to pursue the rigorous evaluations for patients in order to avoid committing malpractice.

Her fear stemmed from the lawsuit filed against the UK's only youth gender clinic last year by Keira Bell, 26, who claimed she only went through 'a series of superficial conversations' with social workers when she began transitioning at 16, only to regret getting a mastectomy at 20.

'Giving over to hormones on demand will result in many more cases of poor outcomes and many more disappointed kids and parents who somehow came to believe that giving kids hormones would cure their other psychological problems,' Anderson told the Times. 'It won't.'

Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Leading transgender psychologist helped hundreds of teens transition but says peer pressure is behind recent rise in children coming out as trans or nonbinary

Quote:

A transgender psychologist who has helped hundreds of teens transition is concerned over the sharp rise in youths identifying as trans or non-binary, claiming the spike could be a result of peer pressure.
Dr. Erica Anderson, 71, a former clinical psychologist at the University of California San Francisco's Child and Adolescent Gender Clinic, said clinicians were failing to carry out thorough mental health evaluations before recommending hormones or surgeries to teens who might not be sure if they truly want to transition.
'For a while, we were all happy that society was becoming more accepting and more families than ever were embracing children that were gender variant,' Anderson, who made her own transition at 45, told the Los Angeles Times.

'I think it's gone too far. Now it's got to the point where there are kids presenting at clinics whose parents say, 'This just doesn't make sense.''

'To flatly say there couldn't be any social influence in formation of gender identity flies in the face of reality,' she added. 'Teenagers influence each other.'

Anderson warned fellow members of the American Psychological Association committee tasked with writing transgender healthcare guidelines to pursue the rigorous evaluations for patients in order to avoid committing malpractice.

Her fear stemmed from the lawsuit filed against the UK's only youth gender clinic last year by Keira Bell, 26, who claimed she only went through 'a series of superficial conversations' with social workers when she began transitioning at 16, only to regret getting a mastectomy at 20.

'Giving over to hormones on demand will result in many more cases of poor outcomes and many more disappointed kids and parents who somehow came to believe that giving kids hormones would cure their other psychological problems,' Anderson told the Times. 'It won't.'

Yup. Obviously.
ATL Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Canon said:

Quote:

Because genetics…
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Nobody cancelled an idea. If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? You really don't see something wrong with that???

I have a real problem with states banning ideas. Do you want states to have the power to force pronouns on you? You don't see something wrong with that?

Meanwhile I think we can rely on the laws we have that allow parents to question these things. Unfortunately we burden the districts with both legit claims and those of that Karen at Lake Travis. Better that than state action. Texas could turn blue again and copy Gov. Abbot's massive use of EOs. I'd rather states not abuse their power. It's a Libertarian thing.

I find it remarkable that anyone could equate a law saying teachers shouldn't teach kindergartners about sexuality to "banning ideas." The intellectual dishonesty in that position is astounding. I think you are smart enough to realize you're lying.

By your standard, any curriculum that a school puts into practice would be anti-libertarian, which is of course absurd. You seem to be confusing libertarian (a concept you've always had difficulty grasping) with anarchism. There is nothing anti-libertarian in this law. Real libertarians, and not those who play libertarians on social media, realize that the goal of true libertarianism is to maximize autonomy and personal freedom. That is what this law does - telling society that parents have the authority to teach their kindergartners about sexuality.
I agree with you on the issue, but wanted to ask about "lying".

We disagree with quash on the issue, but I think he is telling us his opinion. He has looked at the evidence and has come to a different, and in our opinion, incorrect conclusion. The word 'lying' seems inappropriate for the discussion. It is aggressive and puts one on the defensive without advancing the discussion.

Just think about it
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

We disagree with quash on the issue, but I think he is telling us his opinion. He has looked at the evidence and has come to a different, and in our opinion, incorrect conclusion. The word 'lying' seems inappropriate for the discussion. It is aggressive and puts one on the defensive without advancing the discussion.

Just think about it
When you and I disagree.....I take it as an honest disagreement .

As I trust your integrity .

Quash on the other hand ......has a long history of lying . Call it ( Sam like ) word games if you wish .

Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

We disagree. No reasonable person could describe the Florida law as "banning ideas." That's absurd. Quash is a smart poster and I don't believe for a second he looked at the evidence and came to such a conclusion. He's merely being provocative because he doesn't like the law.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

We disagree. No reasonable person could describe the Florida law as "banning ideas." That's absurd. Quash is a smart poster and I don't believe for a second he looked at the evidence and came to such a conclusion. He's merely being provocative because he doesn't like the law.

Lying? Disagreeing with us isn't lying
Mothra
Calling the Florida law "banning ideas" is lying. He knows better. That's intellectually dishonest and he knows it.

I call it like I see it. To borrow one of your phrases, we can agree to disagree.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

Calling the Florida law "banning ideas" is lying. He knows better. That's intellectually dishonest and he knows it.

I call it like I see it. To borrow one of your phrases, we can agree to disagree.
It is definitely not banning.

It is about school curriculum, not the concepts. There are many things we don't teach in the elementary school classroom, but are still not illegal or banned.

The question I have for those in that oppose the law, is why does everything the Left supports not only have to be legal but pushed. It is not enough to let people live, now it has to be permeated through society to the elementary school level or you are a "hater", "facist", banning thought.

I know the reason, get the kids and the rest will follow. Teach in the elementary schools, cut the parents out of the equation and you can mold them anyway they like. That is why parents HAVE to be in the equation of setting curriculums and there needs to be more choice in schools, such as Charter Schools, Vouchers for Private School. Feds need to stay out of education, that is a State function.

That is a battle that must not be lost. Parents rights are big.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

You are not taking into account years of past performances.

Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

If you disagree with me, am I lying?
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

It's not the fact that we disagree that makes what he says a lie, it's the substance of what he is stating that makes what he says a lie. I believe I've been clear on that point from the very beginning.

We seem to be beating a dead horse at this point. Have a nice Easter.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

No.

You have established your credibility .

Others have established a pattern of deception and falsehood.

See the difference ?
Jack Bauer
Liberals perplexed why parents aren't sending their kids back to government run institutions after seeing the agenda more clearly...

Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

No.

See the difference ?
As have you.
I understand what you're saying, but differences of opinion do not rise to the level of "lying".
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

No.

See the difference ?
but differences of opinion do not rise to the level of "lying".

Who on this thread has said otherwise?

Nobody.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

No.

See the difference ?

Nobody.

You.
You have an opinion about the Florida bill and what it does. I share your opinion.
Quash interprets it differently. He is mistaken. A mistake isn't "lying"
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

No.

See the difference ?

Nobody.

You.
You have an opinion about the Florida bill and what it does. I share your opinion.

No. Here is where we disagree. You believe that quash has come by his "interpretation," as you call it, honestly. You believe that two people can look at a bill which says teachers shouldn't teach kindergartners about gay sex or transgenderism and come to the conclusion that is somehow "banning ideas."

The problem is no reasonable and intellectually honest person could come to that conclusion. Only a dishonest person, attempting to be provocative, insulting and condescending could call such a bill "banning ideas." In short, calling the bill a "ban on ideas" is factually inaccurate. It would be like arguing the sky is green, water isn't wet, or a man is a woman. It's called a lie.

Those of us who know quash and have seen his many years of posting history realize he's being provocative and dishonest, and hasn't come by his position honestly. i agree with you that people can have honest disagreements over the facts. The difference between us is I realize this isn't one of them.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Just think about it

No.

See the difference ?

Nobody.

You.

No. Here is where we disagree. You believe that quash has come by his "interpretation," as you call it, honestly. You believe that two people can look at a bill which says teachers shouldn't teach kindergartners about gay sex or transgenderism and come to the conclusion that is somehow "banning ideas."

The problem is no reasonable and intellectually honest person could come to that conclusion. Only a dishonest person, attempting to be provocative, insulting and condescending could call such a bill "banning ideas." In short, calling the bill a "ban on ideas" is factually inaccurate. It would be like arguing the sky is green, water isn't wet, or a man is a woman. It's called a lie.

Those of us who know quash and have seen his many years of posting history realize he's being provocative and dishonest, and hasn't come by his position honestly. i agree with you that people can have honest disagreements over the facts. The difference between us is I realize this isn't one of them.
I believe quash is mistaken.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/18/us/dont-say-gay-bill-florida.html
Opponents Call It the 'Don't Say Gay' Bill. Here's What It Says.
The Florida bill limits what educators can say about gender and sexuality, and could affect mental health services for all students.

Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is expected to sign House Bill 1557, which supporters call the "Parental Rights in Education" bill, but that opponents refer to as the "Don't Say Gay" bill. It has become a national lightning rod in recent weeks, with President Biden calling the legislation "hateful."

Meanwhile, many conservatives have argued that the bill is limited in scope and has been misinterpreted by its critics.

All of that has obscured the text of the bill itself, which is complex if at times vague and is about much more than gay rights. It could have far-reaching implications for Florida children, potentially even those who have no connection to L.G.B.T.Q. issues.

Instruction on gender and sexuality would be constrained in all grades.

Lines 97-101: Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.

This is the sentence that has earned the bill the "Don't Say Gay" nickname.

The language is vague and subject to interpretation. The preamble of the bill further muddles matters. It prohibits not only "instruction" around gender identity and sexual orientation, but also "classroom discussion" of these topics.

"Classroom instruction" could mean eliminating books in the classroom with L.G.B.T.Q. characters or historical figures. No "classroom discussion" is a broad phrase, and could mean that teachers with a student with gay parents should not talk about those families with the entire class.

Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Nobody cancelled an idea. %A0If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? %A0Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? %A0You really don't see something wrong with that???

I find it remarkable that anyone could equate a law saying teachers shouldn't teach kindergartners about sexuality to "banning ideas." The intellectual dishonesty in that position is astounding. %A0I think you are smart enough to realize you're lying.

By your standard, any curriculum that a school puts into practice would be anti-libertarian, which is of course absurd. %A0You seem to be confusing libertarian (a concept you've always had difficulty grasping) with anarchism. %A0There is nothing anti-libertarian in this law. Real libertarians, and not those who play libertarians on social media, realize that the goal of true libertarianism is to maximize autonomy and personal freedom. That is what this law does - telling society that parents have the authority to teach their kindergartners about sexuality.

We disagree with quash on the issue, but I think he is telling us his opinion. %A0He has looked at the evidence and has come to a different, and in our opinion, incorrect conclusion. %A0The word 'lying' seems inappropriate for the discussion. %A0It is aggressive and puts one on the defensive without advancing the discussion.

Just think about it

We disagree. No reasonable person could describe the Florida law as "banning ideas." %A0That's absurd. Quash is a smart poster and I don't believe for a second he looked at the evidence and came to such a conclusion. He's merely being provocative because he doesn't like the law.

Lying? %A0Disagreeing with us isn't lying

You are not taking into account %A0years of past performances.
No.

See the difference ?

Who on this thread has said otherwise? %A0

Nobody. %A0

You.
You have an opinion about the Florida bill and what it does. %A0I share your opinion.
Quash interprets it differently. %A0He is mistaken. %A0A mistake isn't "lying"

No. %A0Here is where we disagree. %A0You believe that quash has come by his "interpretation," as you call it, honestly. %A0You believe that two people can look at a bill which says teachers shouldn't teach kindergartners about gay sex or transgenderism and come to the conclusion that is somehow "banning ideas." %A0

The problem is no reasonable and intellectually honest person could come to that conclusion. %A0Only a dishonest person, attempting to be provocative, insulting and condescending could call such a bill "banning ideas." %A0In short, calling the bill a "ban on ideas" is factually inaccurate. %A0It would be like arguing the sky is green, water isn't wet, or a man is a woman. %A0It's called a lie. %A0

Those of us who know quash and have seen his many years of posting history realize he's being provocative and dishonest, and hasn't come by his position honestly. i agree with you that people can have honest disagreements over the facts. %A0The difference between us is I realize this isn't one of them.
I believe quash is mistaken.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/18/us/dont-say-gay-bill-florida.html
Opponents Call It the 'Don't Say Gay' Bill. Here's What It Says.
The Florida bill limits what educators can say about gender and sexuality, and could affect mental health services for all students.

Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is expected to sign House Bill 1557, which supporters call the "Parental Rights in Education" bill, but that opponents refer to as the "Don't Say Gay" bill. It has become a national lightning rod in recent weeks, with President Biden calling the legislation "hateful."

Meanwhile, many conservatives have argued that the bill is limited in scope and has been misinterpreted by its critics.

All of that has obscured the text of the bill itself, which is complex %A0if at times vague %A0and is about much more than gay rights. It could have far-reaching implications for Florida children, potentially even those who have no connection to L.G.B.T.Q. issues.

Instruction on gender and sexuality would be constrained in all grades.

Lines 97-101: Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.

This is the sentence that has earned the bill the "Don't Say Gay" nickname.

The language is vague and subject to interpretation. The preamble of the bill further muddles matters. It prohibits not only "instruction" around gender identity and sexual orientation, but also "classroom discussion" of these topics.

"Classroom instruction" could mean eliminating books in the classroom with L.G.B.T.Q. characters or historical figures. No "classroom discussion" is a broad phrase, and could mean that teachers with a student with gay parents should not talk about those families with the entire class.

Nothing in what you posted even comes close to resembling "banning ideas." The "don't say gay" moniker, like quash's posts, is a deliberate mischaracterization and propaganda by people who don't like the bill. Surely you do not also believe that people have come by the moniker honestly, do you?.

%A0If you really want to see an apropos example of "banning ideas," look no further than Nazi Germany os thr 30's, or communist China today.%A0

Saying that public teachers shouldn't be allowed to teach kindergartners about gay sex isn't banning ideas. Instead, it's saying that is too young an age to expose kids to that kinds of information, something that parents should first have the right to discuss with their kids.
Sam Lowry
Is it possible he was only talking about banning ideas in public school, not the whole society?
Mothra
You'll have to ask him. In either regard, it's absurd to say that prohibiting state employees from telling kindergartners about adult content is "banning ideas," and all that phrase implies. He knows better.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

Is it possible he was only talking about banning ideas in public school, not the whole society?
This is about school curriculum and teachers teaching adult level concepts to K-3, not the ideas. I am really shocked that some are against waiting until kids are older to get into sex ed...
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

This is about school curriculum and teachers teaching adult level concepts to K-3, not the ideas. I am really shocked that some are against waiting until kids are older to get into sex ed...
I'm not against it. Let's just be honest. It is a ban on certain ideas in certain classrooms, and rightly so.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm not against it. Let's just be honest. It is a ban on certain ideas in certain classrooms, and rightly so.
I think the piece your missing is the age. Nobody is saying that Middle School and High School kids that have these questions shouldn't be able to find help to understand. Only keep it age appropriate.

I would also like to see a more balanced, medical approach, not just blind acceptance that anything you feel at 14 is correct or more importantly will be the way you always feel. I can think of a lot of bad decisions 14 year olds can make if left to their own devices!

Others may and will disagree with me.
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

I think the piece your missing is the age. Nobody is saying that Middle School and High School kids that have these questions shouldn't be able to find help to understand. Only keep it age appropriate.

I would also like to see a more balanced, medical approach, not just blind acceptance that anything you feel at 14 is correct or more importantly will be the way you always feel. I can think of a lot of bad decisions 14 year olds can make if left to their own devices!

Others may and will disagree with me.
That's why I'm saying it applies to certain classrooms. It's still a ban. Let's own it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.