I don't live in Florida.

20,214 Views | 360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

If defining age appropriate curriculum material is "banning ideas", then there is an entire litany of mathematics, science, and literature "ideas" that are currently banned. Really not a difficult concept to grasp unless you think government employees and not parents need to be more involved in the sexual identities of 4-8 year olds.

And prior to this law the age appropriate concepts were already being taught. But individuals, being people, cross the line from time to time. Prior to this law those teachers were rebuked or fired at the local level.

But ever since Team Karen put on a red jersey we have to pass state laws banning specific ideas. Karen now dictates how we talk about race, gender, etc.

And she will show up in a blue jersey one of these days and y'all will start keening about cancel culture. Again

No ideas were banned. They were moved down the curriculum spectrum. They also dictate which and what mathematics you teach, scientific material you introduce, and literary concepts you employ.

Let's stop overreacting to the emotionalism of "I can't talk about my partner".

Sure. Soon as y'all quit overreacting to, well, everything. When Texas turns blue and the state starts forcing pronouns on you just remember this hill you fought to defend.

We keep being told we're overreacting and keep giving up hills, and then a more bizarre one follows. Turns out, love had nothing to do with it.

Also - "If you won't have sex with a female with a *****, you are a transphobe"
Osodecentx
Canon said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

If defining age appropriate curriculum material is "banning ideas", then there is an entire litany of mathematics, science, and literature "ideas" that are currently banned. Really not a difficult concept to grasp unless you think government employees and not parents need to be more involved in the sexual identities of 4-8 year olds.

And prior to this law the age appropriate concepts were already being taught. But individuals, being people, cross the line from time to time. Prior to this law those teachers were rebuked or fired at the local level.

But ever since Team Karen put on a red jersey we have to pass state laws banning specific ideas. Karen now dictates how we talk about race, gender, etc.

And she will show up in a blue jersey one of these days and y'all will start keening about cancel culture. Again

No ideas were banned. They were moved down the curriculum spectrum. They also dictate which and what mathematics you teach, scientific material you introduce, and literary concepts you employ.

Sure. Soon as y'all quit overreacting to, well, everything. When Texas turns blue and the state starts forcing pronouns on you just remember this hill you fought to defend.

Ok, groomer.
Are you the only poster on this board who doesn't know quash has you on Ignore?
Jack Bauer
quash lives to be indifferent
BearFan33
quash said:

BearFan33 said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Government idea cancels. What could go wrong?

Maybe we should have Hustler as reading material for 2nd graders too?

Nobody cancelled an idea. If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? You really don't see something wrong with that???

I have a real problem with states banning ideas. Do you want states to have the power to force pronouns on you? You don't see something wrong with that?

Meanwhile I think we can rely on the laws we have that allow parents to question these things. Unfortunately we burden the districts with both legit claims and those of that Karen at Lake Travis. Better that than state action. Texas could turn blue again and copy Gov. Abbot's massive use of EOs. I'd rather states not abuse their power. It's a Libertarian thing.

Gov't putting limits on itself, its entities and its employees is very much a Libertarian thing. You keep treating public schools as private business and state teachers as private employees. That's not correct

I never said anything like that. What an odd response.

You don't have to say it out loud to treat it as such and you know it.

Your original post is odd.

So, I guess you'd support K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

Why do you get to just make up stuff like it's real?

So, would you be for K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

I think K-3 should be reading.

About homosexual sex and transgenderism?

Dick & Dick or Jane and Jane?

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick and Spot? (Open minded???)

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

"Dick dresses as Jane vs Dick becomes Jane: a tudorial" plus coloring book

Jane likes purple, so why can't I be Dick?

Just to show the level of conversation of what we are talking about here....

Not that there's anything wrong with it....

Ok, we will take Spot out of it, cheap shot.
Apparently, quash believes allowing teachers to teach kindergartners about gay sex is libertarian.

Only in quash's warped world.

Apparently? Based on what? Try to be specific for once

So you admit your position is not libertarian? Interesting.

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

Grooming is a real thing, a despicable thing, employed by predators.

By employing the same terminology in an internet debate because somebody disagrees with you is just... Canonish.

It's kind of like labeling anyone that disagrees with you a racist, Nazi or homophobe right?

Yeah. It's just like that. So you'll be voicing your objection to the use of "groomer" right?

Right?

Yes, Groomer is being overused and will lose meaning just like those other terms.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

If you're against "banning ideas", then certainly you would support a teacher's right to discuss the bible and Jesus Christ to their second grade class, right?
Wangchung
What other word should we use to describe people who want to groom children into the groomer's sexual preferences before the children hit the age of 8?
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Ok, groomer.
And you know this how ?
BearFan33
Wangchung said:

What other word should we use to describe people who want to groom children into the groomer's sexual preferences before the children hit the age of 8?
Groomer is fine for them for sure. But people debating florida's move against disney are not necessarily "groomers."
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Ok, groomer.
And you know this how ?
Canon keeps stalking and quash never responds, which is the correct response
Jack Bauer
More 'fake outrage' as quash puts it.

muddybrazos
Jack Bauer said:

Maybe they thought this was appropriate since an actual furry is running for Governor of Texas.
Wangchung
BearFan33 said:

Wangchung said:

Groomer is fine for them for sure. But people debating florida's move against disney are not necessarily "groomers."
Fair enough. Would "Groomer's advocates" be better? ;-) Because that's who those folks happen to be, despite their intent to argue the financial wisdom of the actions. We should be debating the wisdom of all the moves made by Disney.
GrowlTowel
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Please. This should have stopped with Three's Company. Look away is not a winning strategy.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
quash
BearFan33 said:

quash said:

BearFan33 said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Nobody cancelled an idea. If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? You really don't see something wrong with that???

I have a real problem with states banning ideas. Do you want states to have the power to force pronouns on you? You don't see something wrong with that?

Meanwhile I think we can rely on the laws we have that allow parents to question these things. Unfortunately we burden the districts with both legit claims and those of that Karen at Lake Travis. Better that than state action. Texas could turn blue again and copy Gov. Abbot's massive use of EOs. I'd rather states not abuse their power. It's a Libertarian thing.

Gov't putting limits on itself, its entities and its employees is very much a Libertarian thing. You keep treating public schools as private business and state teachers as private employees. That's not correct

I never said anything like that. What an odd response.

You don't have to say it out loud to treat it as such and you know it.

Your original post is odd.

So, I guess you'd support K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

Why do you get to just make up stuff like it's real?

So, would you be for K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

I think K-3 should be reading.

About homosexual sex and transgenderism?

Dick & Dick or Jane and Jane?

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick and Spot? (Open minded???)

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

"Dick dresses as Jane vs Dick becomes Jane: a tudorial" plus coloring book

Jane likes purple, so why can't I be Dick?

Just to show the level of conversation of what we are talking about here....

Not that there's anything wrong with it....

Ok, we will take Spot out of it, cheap shot.
Apparently, quash believes allowing teachers to teach kindergartners about gay sex is libertarian.

Only in quash's warped world.

Apparently? Based on what? Try to be specific for once

So you admit your position is not libertarian? Interesting.

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

Grooming is a real thing, a despicable thing, employed by predators.

By employing the same terminology in an internet debate because somebody disagrees with you is just... Canonish.

It's kind of like labeling anyone that disagrees with you a racist, Nazi or homophobe right?

Yeah. It's just like that. So you'll be voicing your objection to the use of "groomer" right?

Right?

Yes, Groomer is being overused and will lose meaning just like those other terms.

So much brave.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Please. This should have stopped with Three's Company. Look away is not a winning strategy.

Lol. This is not at all about strategy of look away. It is about the use of state power in the furtherance of the culture wars.

Better up your pronoun game when Dems return to Austin.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Lol. This is not at all about strategy of look away. It is about the use of state power in the furtherance of the culture wars.

Why are you ignoring the question? Afraid to answer it?

If you're against banning ideas, then do you support a teacher's right to teach and discuss The Bible and Jesus Christ to their 2nd grade class?
Canada2017
Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

If you're against banning ideas, then do you support a teacher's right to teach and discuss The Bible and Jesus Christ to their 2nd grade class?
Simple

Quash would be dead set against such Christian teachings in 2nd grade and its easier for him to ignore your question than to admit he is a hypocrite .
ATL Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Wow. One whole week for the multitude of world cultures, and the same amount of time for domestic sub cultures like furries and goth. Tell me you're pushing an agenda without telling me you're pushing an agenda.

Future success in a global economy? China's spitting out engineers at a pace 3 times greater than the US, and we're busy educating 2nd graders on the cultural habits of non binary animal dress up fetishes.

Another hill not to die on I guess.
Canada2017
ATL Bear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Future success in a global economy? China's spitting out engineers at a pace 3 times greater than the US, and we're busy educating 2nd graders on the cultural habits of non binary animal dress up fetishes.

It's all ok because the government is going to provide free money for anyone physically , emotionally or culturally 'disabled '.

What could possibly go wrong ?
WacoKelly83
https://gazette.com/news/us-world/former-nfl-player-threatens-lawsuit-against-joy-reid-for-child-abuse-remark/article_834e2d4b-fe00-5e89-89e5-b17621e41a5d.html
Friscobear
Shippou said:

Canon said:

Jack Bauer said:

An actual example of "Don't Say Gay".

I'm sure the morally superior Hollywood actors will demand to boycott China's market!

Make all the innocent kids things gay. They did this with Arthur on PBS. Kids show, turned him into a queer at the end. Doing it with multiple comic book characters like captain America, green lantern and Superman.

So sick of that twisted world view being aimed squarely at children. Groomers gonna groom.

It sounds like you hate representation and you just wish queers and the like would shut up because you're an idiot who can't explain to your children simple things like not everyone in the world is the same homogenous milquetoast **** like yourself.

Careful, Cinque will not stand for the proper use of the term "milquetoast".

“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
Mothra
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Prohibiting state employees from teaching LGBTQ propaganda to kindergartners is using state power to further culture wars...

LOL. Oi vey.
Mothra
Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Of course he is. His logic (or rather lack thereof) would completely fall apart.
quash
Canada2017 said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Simple

Quash would be dead set against such Christian teachings in 2nd grade and its easier for him to ignore your question than to admit he is a hypocrite .

You can teach the Bible as literature in public school. That's been the law a long time. I have no problem with that.

Wangchung
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Simple

You can teach the Bible as literature in public school. That's been the law a long time. I have no problem with that.

But teaching it as fact? How bout dat?
Osodecentx
Some ideas should be suppressed until children are older.
Canada2017
Wangchung said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Simple

Quash just playing his usual word games .

Anything to avoid facing his own hypocrisy.
Wangchung
He's not so bad when you factor in that his silence many times is acknowledgment of a hurdle his argument cannot clear. I don't feel the need to force him to admit anything, so we can move on without any hard feelings.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

You should draw red lines on what's acceptable and what isn't. This idea of letting the chips fall wherever will result in catastrophe. If the majority wants something that will result in disaster...you should be against the majority getting their way. History is full of the majority normalizing things that have led to horrors.

The healthy and rational stance to achieve the best outcomes would be to ban ideas for certain ages.
Whiskey Pete
Canada2017 said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Simple

I noticed he ignored the teaching about Jesus Christ part.

And let's be real, when he says teach the Bible as literature, he means not as factual, but rather fiction.

The liberal groomer teachers are trying to teach their ideology as fact.

quash would have a huge issue if anyone tried teaching the Bible and Jesus as fact. He knows it and we all know it.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Or how about, not taught in public schools at all? Some areas are best reserved for parents and family. The public schools were not designed or ever envisioned to teach kids about sexuality.
Mothra
Rawhide said:

Canada2017 said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Simple

I noticed he ignored the teaching about Jesus Christ part.

And let's be real, when he says teach the Bible as literature, he means not as factual, but rather fiction.

The liberal groomer teachers are trying to teach their ideology as fact.

quash would have a huge issue if anyone tried teaching the Bible and Jesus as fact. He knows it and we all know it.
His silence speaks volumes.
Jack Bauer
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Or how about, not taught in public schools at all? Some areas are best reserved for parents and family. The public schools were not designed or ever envisioned to teach kids about sexuality.
How about a basic sex ed class in middle school, that's what I had.

"This is what these terms mean (genitals, sex, reproduction, types of sexual orientation) but we're not going to advocate a position and leave that up to the students and their parents."
Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

How about a basic sex ed class in middle school, that's what I had.

"This is what these terms mean (genitals, sex, reproduction, types of sexual orientation) but we're not going to advocate a position and leave that up to the students and their parents."
Sure. I did as well. Something that teaches basic human anatomy, and doesn't go beyond that.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

So we're not banning ideas, just suppressing them. Whew!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.