I don't live in Florida.

20,199 Views | 360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Whiskey Pete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Government idea cancels. What could go wrong?

Maybe we should have Hustler as reading material for 2nd graders too?

Nobody cancelled an idea. If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? You really don't see something wrong with that???

I have a real problem with states banning ideas. Do you want states to have the power to force pronouns on you? You don't see something wrong with that?

Meanwhile I think we can rely on the laws we have that allow parents to question these things. Unfortunately we burden the districts with both legit claims and those of that Karen at Lake Travis. Better that than state action. Texas could turn blue again and copy Gov. Abbot's massive use of EOs. I'd rather states not abuse their power. It's a Libertarian thing.

Gov't putting limits on itself, its entities and its employees is very much a Libertarian thing. You keep treating public schools as private business and state teachers as private employees. That's not correct

I never said anything like that. What an odd response.

You don't have to say it out loud to treat it as such and you know it.

Your original post is odd.

So, I guess you'd support K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

Why do you get to just make up stuff like it's real?

So, would you be for K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

I think K-3 should be reading.

About homosexual sex and transgenderism?

Dick & Dick or Jane and Jane?

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick and Spot? (Open minded???)

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

"Dick dresses as Jane vs Dick becomes Jane: a tudorial" plus coloring book

Jane likes purple, so why can't I be Dick?

Just to show the level of conversation of what we are talking about here....

Not that there's anything wrong with it....

Ok, we will take Spot out of it, cheap shot.
Apparently, quash believes allowing teachers to teach kindergartners about gay sex is libertarian.

Only in quash's warped world.

Apparently? Based on what? Try to be specific for once

In case you forgot, I asked you a question that you haven't answered. Maybe you didn't see the question the first 2 times:

So, would you be for K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?
Jack Bauer
Worst take ever?

Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
2019 was SOOOO long ago!

Jack Bauer
If you looked up "snotty white Connecticut elitist dimwit with no perception of reality", there would be a picture of Nicole Wallace.

Canon
Cobretti said:

When your head is that big and ugly, bald is probably not your best look.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Nobody cancelled an idea. If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? You really don't see something wrong with that???

I have a real problem with states banning ideas. Do you want states to have the power to force pronouns on you? You don't see something wrong with that?

Meanwhile I think we can rely on the laws we have that allow parents to question these things. Unfortunately we burden the districts with both legit claims and those of that Karen at Lake Travis. Better that than state action. Texas could turn blue again and copy Gov. Abbot's massive use of EOs. I'd rather states not abuse their power. It's a Libertarian thing.

Gov't putting limits on itself, its entities and its employees is very much a Libertarian thing. You keep treating public schools as private business and state teachers as private employees. That's not correct

So, I guess you'd support K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

Apparently, quash believes allowing teachers to teach kindergartners about gay sex is libertarian.

So you admit your position is not libertarian? Interesting.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Is it possible he was only talking about banning ideas in public school, not the whole society?
This is about school curriculum and teachers teaching adult level concepts to K-3, not the ideas. I am really shocked that some are against waiting until kids are older to get into sex ed...
I'm not against it. Let's just be honest. It is a ban on certain ideas in certain classrooms, and rightly so.
I think the piece your missing is the age. Nobody is saying that Middle School and High School kids that have these questions shouldn't be able to find help to understand. Only keep it age appropriate.

I would also like to see a more balanced, medical approach, not just blind acceptance that anything you feel at 14 is correct or more importantly will be the way you always feel. I can think of a lot of bad decisions 14 year olds can make if left to their own devices!

Others may and will disagree with me.
Florida is prohibiting the communication of an idea (transgenderism, gender fluidity) to students in 3rd grade and under. This is good thing and I see nothing wrong with it. But it is prohibiting the communication of an idea to public school students.

What's wrong with saying the bill prohibits the communication of ideas. It is a good bill
Because "banning ideas" is a broad term with negative connotations that doesn't apply here.
Well, that settles it. If it has bad connotations then it must be a lie.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Is it possible he was only talking about banning ideas in public school, not the whole society?
This is about school curriculum and teachers teaching adult level concepts to K-3, not the ideas. I am really shocked that some are against waiting until kids are older to get into sex ed...
I'm not against it. Let's just be honest. It is a ban on certain ideas in certain classrooms, and rightly so.
I think the piece your missing is the age. Nobody is saying that Middle School and High School kids that have these questions shouldn't be able to find help to understand. Only keep it age appropriate.

I would also like to see a more balanced, medical approach, not just blind acceptance that anything you feel at 14 is correct or more importantly will be the way you always feel. I can think of a lot of bad decisions 14 year olds can make if left to their own devices!

Florida is prohibiting the communication of an idea (transgenderism, gender fluidity) to students in 3rd grade and under. This is good thing and I see nothing wrong with it. But it is prohibiting the communication of an idea to public school students.

What's wrong with saying the bill prohibits the communication of ideas. It is a good bill
Because "banning ideas" is a broad term with negative connotations that doesn't apply here.
There are a number of reasons that term is not accurate, your selective reading not withstanding.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

There are a number of reasons that term is not accurate, your selective reading not withstanding.
The fact that you chose to interpret it in an absurdly broad sense doesn't mean it's necessarily a "broad term." There are narrowly tailored bans, of which this is obviously one.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

The fact that you chose to interpret it in an absurdly broad sense doesn't mean it's necessarily a "broad term." There are narrowly tailored bans, of which this is obviously one.
The fact that you chose to interpret it absurdly narrow, and ignore the message he was conveying, isn't a surprise.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

The fact that you chose to interpret it absurdly narrow, and ignore the message he was conveying, isn't a surprise.
And when you say "message," you mean the connotation that hurt your feelings.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

And when you say "message," you mean the connotation that hurt your feelings.
Yes, indeed. It was very sad. I haven't been able to sleep since.

No need to project your sensitivities onto other people, my friend. Not everyone is as sensitive as you.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canon
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Nobody cancelled an idea. %A0If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? %A0Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? %A0You really don't see something wrong with that???

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

Only in quash's warped %A0world.

So you admit your position is not libertarian? %A0Interesting.

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

J.R.
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Nobody cancelled an idea. %A0If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? %A0Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? %A0You really don't see something wrong with that???

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Not me! As someone said, they need to be reading, writing, and arithmetic in public schools, period. If you want your kid to be indoctrinated to a particular religion, there are private schools for most all of it. We sent our kids to a private Christian School in Dallas that went through 8th grade and then turned them loose in the "frightening" public school. Worked out great. Many of us on this site have those choices. (depends on one's priorities). Some folks don't and I get that.
quash
Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

Grooming is a real thing, a despicable thing, employed by predators.

By employing the same terminology in an internet debate because somebody disagrees with you is just... Canonish.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Admit that a law that maximizes parental rights, parental autonomy and personal freedom is anti-libertarian?%A0 Why would I admit something that we both know to be blatantly false?

I am glad you can admit it's not libertarian.
BearFan33
quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

By employing the same terminology in an internet debate because somebody disagrees with you is just... Canonish.

It's kind of like labeling anyone that disagrees with you a racist, Nazi or homophobe right?
Osodecentx
BearFan33 said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

It's kind of like labeling anyone that disagrees with you a racist, Nazi or homophobe right?

Yep
Canon
quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

Ok, Groomer.
Whiskey Pete
I see that you still haven't answered my question, quash. If you're against "banning ideas" then certainly you would support a teacher discussing the idea of Jesus Christ and the bible to a 2nd grade class, right?

So, I can put you down as a yes?
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

I see you still refuse to answer my question. If you're against "banning ideas", then certainly you would support a teacher's right to discuss the bible and idea of Jesus Christ to their second grade class.

So I can put you down for a yes?
ATL Bear
If defining age appropriate curriculum material is "banning ideas", then there is an entire litany of mathematics, science, and literature "ideas" that are currently banned. Really not a difficult concept to grasp unless you think government employees and not parents need to be more involved in the sexual identities of 4-8 year olds.
quash
ATL Bear said:

If defining age appropriate curriculum material is "banning ideas", then there is an entire litany of mathematics, science, and literature "ideas" that are currently banned. Really not a difficult concept to grasp unless you think government employees and not parents need to be more involved in the sexual identities of 4-8 year olds.

And prior to this law the age appropriate concepts were already being taught. But individuals, being people, cross the line from time to time. Prior to this law those teachers were rebuked or fired at the local level.

But ever since Team Karen put on a red jersey we have to pass state laws banning specific ideas. Karen now dictates how we talk about race, gender, etc.

And she will show up in a blue jersey one of these days and y'all will start keening about cancel culture. Again

quash
BearFan33 said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

Yeah. It's just like that. So you'll be voicing your objection to the use of "groomer" right?

Right?
Canon
quash said:

BearFan33 said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

So you can't? As usual.

Boring.

Ok, groomer.

Yeah. It's just like that. So you'll be voicing your objection to the use of "groomer" right?

Right?

Ok, Groomer.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

And prior to this law the age appropriate concepts were already being taught. But individuals, being people, cross the line from time to time. Prior to this law those teachers were rebuked or fired at the local level.

But ever since Team Karen put on a red jersey we have to pass state laws banning specific ideas. Karen now dictates how we talk about race, gender, etc.

And she will show up in a blue jersey one of these days and y'all will start keening about cancel culture. Again

No ideas were banned. They were moved down the curriculum spectrum. They also dictate which and what mathematics you teach, scientific material you introduce, and literary concepts you employ.

Let's stop overreacting to the emotionalism of "I can't talk about my partner".
Jack Bauer
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

No ideas were banned. They were moved down the curriculum spectrum. They also dictate which and what mathematics you teach, scientific material you introduce, and literary concepts you employ.

Also, kids that age don't care about a teacher's personal life unless you have a dog. Why do teachers feel their students want to know so much about them..they don't..

No 1sr grader goes to school to hear what grown ups did on the weekend because its boring.
ATL Bear
Jack Bauer said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Also, kids that age don't care about a teacher's personal life unless you have a dog. Why do teachers feel their students want to know so much about them..they don't..

No 1sr grader goes to school to hear what grown ups did on the weekend because its boring.
I do believe kids care about their teachers, and want to have the feeling of a connection beyond just student teacher. That's the nature of children. But the idea that the connection is built around the sexual or relationship practices of them is the reflection of our continued efforts to sexualize and adult children way too early. There's also the overreach of what is and isn't an appropriate role for teachers and education in children's lives.

The oddest thing in these arguments is that 5 years ago, and certainly 10, this "educational material" on gender identity wasn't in any grade level curriculum. Why and how it's made its way to kindergarten should be the real question.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Sure. Soon as y'all quit overreacting to, well, everything. When Texas turns blue and the state starts forcing pronouns on you just remember this hill you fought to defend.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Sure. Soon as y'all quit overreacting to, well, everything. When Texas turns blue and the state starts forcing pronouns on you just remember this hill you fought to defend.

We keep being told we're overreacting and keep giving up hills, and then a more bizarre one follows. Turns out, love had nothing to do with it.
Canon
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

We keep being told we're overreacting and keep giving up hills, and then a more bizarre one follows. Turns out, love had nothing to do with it.

Canon
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Ok, groomer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.