I don't live in Florida.

20,225 Views | 360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Is it possible he was only talking about banning ideas in public school, not the whole society?
This is about school curriculum and teachers teaching adult level concepts to K-3, not the ideas. I am really shocked that some are against waiting until kids are older to get into sex ed...
I'm not against it. Let's just be honest. It is a ban on certain ideas in certain classrooms, and rightly so.
I think the piece your missing is the age. Nobody is saying that Middle School and High School kids that have these questions shouldn't be able to find help to understand. Only keep it age appropriate.

I would also like to see a more balanced, medical approach, not just blind acceptance that anything you feel at 14 is correct or more importantly will be the way you always feel. I can think of a lot of bad decisions 14 year olds can make if left to their own devices!

Others may and will disagree with me.
That's why I'm saying it applies to certain classrooms. It's still a ban. Let's own it.
I don't agree with you. A kid will not get in trouble for bringing it up and teachers can refer the parents to people to talk to about it. If it makes you feel better saying it is a ban on teaching it to k-3 as part of the curriculum, Ok.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Government idea cancels. What could go wrong?

Maybe we should have Hustler as reading material for 2nd graders too?

Nobody cancelled an idea. If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? You really don't see something wrong with that???

I have a real problem with states banning ideas. Do you want states to have the power to force pronouns on you? You don't see something wrong with that?

Meanwhile I think we can rely on the laws we have that allow parents to question these things. Unfortunately we burden the districts with both legit claims and those of that Karen at Lake Travis. Better that than state action. Texas could turn blue again and copy Gov. Abbot's massive use of EOs. I'd rather states not abuse their power. It's a Libertarian thing.

Gov't putting limits on itself, its entities and its employees is very much a Libertarian thing. You keep treating public schools as private business and state teachers as private employees. That's not correct

I never said anything like that. What an odd response.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Nobody cancelled an idea. If you can't teach Kindergarteners about gay sex we are burning books? Getting a little extreme.

Funny, it is ok to raise the age to own a gun to 25 to defend yourself, but when discussing homosexualuty we are barbarians if we don't instruct our K-3? You really don't see something wrong with that???

I have a real problem with states banning ideas. Do you want states to have the power to force pronouns on you? You don't see something wrong with that?

Meanwhile I think we can rely on the laws we have that allow parents to question these things. Unfortunately we burden the districts with both legit claims and those of that Karen at Lake Travis. Better that than state action. Texas could turn blue again and copy Gov. Abbot's massive use of EOs. I'd rather states not abuse their power. It's a Libertarian thing.

Gov't putting limits on itself, its entities and its employees is very much a Libertarian thing. You keep treating public schools as private business and state teachers as private employees. That's not correct

You don't have to say it out loud to treat it as such and you know it.

Your original post is odd.

So, I guess you'd support K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?
Osodecentx
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Is it possible he was only talking about banning ideas in public school, not the whole society?
This is about school curriculum and teachers teaching adult level concepts to K-3, not the ideas. I am really shocked that some are against waiting until kids are older to get into sex ed...
I'm not against it. Let's just be honest. It is a ban on certain ideas in certain classrooms, and rightly so.
I think the piece your missing is the age. Nobody is saying that Middle School and High School kids that have these questions shouldn't be able to find help to understand. Only keep it age appropriate.

I would also like to see a more balanced, medical approach, not just blind acceptance that anything you feel at 14 is correct or more importantly will be the way you always feel. I can think of a lot of bad decisions 14 year olds can make if left to their own devices!

Florida is prohibiting the communication of an idea (transgenderism, gender fluidity) to students in 3rd grade and under. This is good thing and I see nothing wrong with it. But it is prohibiting the communication of an idea to public school students.

What's wrong with saying the bill prohibits the communication of ideas. It is a good bill
muddybrazos

Maybe we should disallow all gender confusing talk until high school. I think we will look back on this time and these frankenstein surgeries in horror.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Florida is prohibiting the communication of an idea (transgenderism, gender fluidity) to students in 3rd grade and under. This is good thing and I see nothing wrong with it. But it is prohibiting the communication of an idea to public school students.

What's wrong with saying the bill prohibits the communication of ideas. It is a good bill
Because "banning ideas" is a broad term with negative connotations that doesn't apply here.
Mothra
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

You suggested that the bill was anti-libertarian, which is of course asinine.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Because "banning ideas" is a broad term with negative connotations that doesn't apply here.
"Convince a man against his will, he's in the same opinion still"
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

I am not trying to convince quash of anything. Just speaking truth, which he already knows.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

I am not trying to convince quash of anything. Just speaking truth, which he already knows.

BS
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

BS
So you believe I am trying to convince quash of what he already knows? Huh.

You're a weird dude.
Mothra
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

That's why I'm saying it applies to certain classrooms. It's still a ban. Let's own it.
I don't agree with you. A kid will not get in trouble for bringing it up and teachers can refer the parents to people to talk to about it. If it makes you feel better saying it is a ban on teaching it to k-3 as part of the curriculum, Ok.
Some people choose interesting hills to die on...
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

So, I guess you'd support K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

Why do you get to just make up stuff like it's real?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

BS

You're a weird dude.

Your track record of assuming what I know is poor.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

So, would you be for K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

So, would you be for K-3 teachers in public school discussing and teaching the bible and Jesus Christ?

I think K-3 should be reading.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

The bible?

You still didn't answer the question

Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

BS

You're a weird dude.

Your track record of assuming what I know is poor.

Perhaps you're not as smart as I've given you credit for.
Mothra
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

About homosexual sex and transgenderism?
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

Dick & Dick or Jane and Jane?

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick and Spot? (Open minded???)

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

"Dick dresses as Jane vs Dick becomes Jane: a tudorial" plus coloring book

Jane likes purple, so why can't I be Dick?

Just to show the level of conversation of what we are talking about here....

Not that there's anything wrong with it....

Ok, we will take Spot out of it, cheap shot.
Mothra
RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

Apparently, quash believes allowing teachers to teach kindergartners about gay sex is libertarian.

Only in quash's warped world.
Cobretti
Osodecentx
Cobretti said:

Good for Florida
Osodecentx
Cobretti said:

NYTimes
Gov. Ron DeSantis clears a way to revoke Disney's special district in Florida.
The Florida Senate approved a move to end Disney World's self-governing privileges starting next year.

In a move widely seen as retaliation, Gov. Ron DeSantis asked Florida lawmakers on Tuesday to consider the "termination" of self-governing privileges that Disney World has held in the Orlando area for 55 years. He acted after Disney, the state's largest private employer, paused political donations in Florida and condemned a new state education law that opponents call "Don't Say Gay."
On Wednesday, the Florida Senate voted 23 to 16 to revoke the privileges starting in June of next year. The Florida House must now take up the measure.
The potential impact on Disney World is unclear. The privileges exempt the resort from certain regulations and fees.
The Florida Legislature had already been scheduled to convene this week for a special session on congressional redistricting. On Tuesday, Mr. DeSantis, a Republican, issued a proclamation allowing the Republican-controlled body to also take up bills that would eliminate special tax districts that were created before 1968.

Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

GI Jane 2 - can't wait to see it!
BearFan33
Osodecentx said:

Cobretti said:

NYTimes
The Florida Senate approved a move to end Disney World's self-governing privileges starting next year.

In a move widely seen as retaliation, Gov. Ron DeSantis asked Florida lawmakers on Tuesday to consider the "termination" of self-governing privileges that Disney World has held in the Orlando area for 55 years. He acted after Disney, the state's largest private employer, paused political donations in Florida and condemned a new state education law that opponents call "Don't Say Gay."
On Wednesday, the Florida Senate voted 23 to 16 to revoke the privileges starting in June of next year. The Florida House must now take up the measure.
The potential impact on Disney World is unclear. The privileges exempt the resort from certain regulations and fees.
The Florida Legislature had already been scheduled to convene this week for a special session on congressional redistricting. On Tuesday, Mr. DeSantis, a Republican, issued a proclamation allowing the Republican-controlled body to also take up bills that would eliminate special tax districts that were created before 1968.

Disney's insane superwoke leadership has damaged the company, perhaps permanently. If I'm a shareholder, I'm furious.
Wangchung
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

GI Jane 2 - can't wait to see it!

J.R.
Disney should not have special tax provisions whatsoever. They are a business, just like the rest of us. Pay up. Btw, I have never been, now would I ever go. We told our kids. We will travel the world, but if you want to go to Disney, that is on you!
Whiskey Pete
BearFan33 said:

Osodecentx said:

Cobretti said:

NYTimes

Disney's insane superwoke leadership has damaged the company, perhaps permanently. If I'm a shareholder, I'm furious.
I used to have Disney stock. I got rid of it. Won't be buying anymore.
Jack Bauer
Rawhide said:

BearFan33 said:

Osodecentx said:

Cobretti said:

NYTimes

I used to have Disney stock. I got rid of it. Won't be buying anymore.

Won't someone think of the nonbinary children?
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Disney should not have special tax provisions whatsoever. They are a business, just like the rest of us. Pay up. Btw, I have never been, now would I ever go. We told our kids. We will travel the world, but if you want to go to Disney, that is on you!
Had my honeymoon at WDW. It was a blast. It was great. It was under different leadership then.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Cobretti said:

Good for Florida
Love it .
quash
Mothra said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

How Dick becomes Jane?

Dick thinks he's Jane?

Jane want to be Dick?

Apparently, quash believes allowing teachers to teach kindergartners about gay sex is libertarian.

Only in quash's warped world.

Apparently? Based on what? Try to be specific for once
quash
Osodecentx said:

Cobretti said:

NYTimes

Disney maintained its own roads. (Mothra: that's a Libertarian thing.)

If this is retaliation let's see if the state can match the Disney level of infrastructure maintenance. Or don't chooses not to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.