Man sentenced to 7 years in Jan. 6 assaults that forced an officer to retire

26,689 Views | 522 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by historian
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sombear said:

curtpenn said:

sombear said:

Worst part of this to me is there are millions of Trumpers who do not believe or just don't know that this kind of stuff happened on J6. They truly buy into the peaceful protest/cops let everyone in narrative. Sad.

Probably don't care. I'm not a Trumper. I don't care.
You don't care that 140 police officers were injured, and video alone shows over 1000 assaults on police officers?
There were 1000 police officers there?
"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains And we never even know we have the key"
sombear
Thee University said:

sombear said:

curtpenn said:

sombear said:

Worst part of this to me is there are millions of Trumpers who do not believe or just don't know that this kind of stuff happened on J6. They truly buy into the peaceful protest/cops let everyone in narrative. Sad.

You don't care that 140 police officers were injured, and video alone shows over 1000 assaults on police officers?

Well over 1000 and many were assaulted multiple times.
Thee University
sombear said:

Thee University said:

sombear said:

curtpenn said:

sombear said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2021/12/16/where-were-the-us-capitol-police-when-protestors-stormed-the-capitol-on-january-6th/?sh=6c2a1e1b294e

How many of those 1000 officers opened doors, allowed further penetration into the capital or ran away? Who fired a gun into the neck of a helpless and unarmed female protester from point blank range killing her? How many cops were killed by guns on the grounds? How many cops died from beatings?

How many cops have filed lawsuits seeking a GEORGE FLOYD PAYDAY?

January 6 was merely a warm-up to what is possible.
"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains And we never even know we have the key"
sombear
Thee University said:

sombear said:

Thee University said:

sombear said:

curtpenn said:

sombear said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2021/12/16/where-were-the-us-capitol-police-when-protestors-stormed-the-capitol-on-january-6th/?sh=6c2a1e1b294e

How many of those 1000 officers opened doors, allowed further penetration into the capital or ran away? Who fired a gun into the neck of a helpless and unarmed female protester from point blank range killing her? How many cops were killed by guns on the grounds? How many cops died from beatings?

How many cops have filed lawsuits seeking a GEORGE FLOYD PAYDAY?

January 6 was merely a warm-up to what is possible.

I'll answer your first question because it's the only one relevant to what I've posted. Plus, you already know the answers.

Very few officers allowed rioters in, and those that did, only after fighting valiantly to keep the idiots out, and only in a risky and heroic attempt to deescalate.
Fre3dombear
sombear said:

curtpenn said:

sombear said:

Any of that was bad. Those people were trump
Voters?
Thee University
sombear said:

Very few officers allowed rioters in, and those that did, only after fighting valiantly to keep the idiots out, and only in a risky and heroic attempt to deescalate.
Fighting valiantly?

BS! They did not fight valiantly.

If you want to keep those idiots out shotgun them with bean bags or rubber bullets. Spray them down with skunk water.

The entire "insurrection" was a joke. This was carefully orchestrated by the left to lure the numbskulls into a trap but get the video footage they needed to cry for a few years

If the people who busted into the capital had truly wanted to break in and decertify (temporarily) the election they would have been armed to the teeth and wiped out the capital police.
whiterock
sombear said:

worst part of this to me is there are Republicans who do not believe or just don't know that this kind of stuff happened on J6 as well as a simultanteous and substantially larger amount of peaceful protesting by people outside the building and also by a lot of people the cops let into the building.

curtpenn
Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Longer sentence than one gets for killing a black man in many regressive sentences.

Harming a cop has always resulted in a longer sentence than murdering a black American, the discrepancy being larger the further back you go in time.

Wouldn't have pegged you as an institutionalized racism guy but ok.

Such a predictable and stupid take from you.
curtpenn
sombear said:

curtpenn said:

sombear said:

No. Sucks for them but the MarxoFascist Dems have brought this to life and they must be opposed. Those who cherish freedom unfortunately need to embrace the mantra of the left, "by any means necessary". Looking the other way and hoping for better days isn't going to be enough to overcome the enemies of our republic.
sombear
Thee University said:

sombear said:

Fighting valiantly?

BS! They did not fight valiantly.

If you want to keep those idiots out shotgun them with bean bags or rubber bullets. Spray them down with skunk water.

The entire "insurrection" was a joke. This was carefully orchestrated by the left to lure the numbskulls into a trap but get the video footage they needed to cry for a few years

If the people who busted into the capital had truly wanted to break in and decertify (temporarily) the election they would have been armed to the teeth and wiped out the capital police.
Have you watched much of the footage? I've watched hours. Yes, numerous cops fighting valiantly while also trying to defuse. True heroes that day. I got choked up several times as they were knocked down, dragged across the ground, hammered with their owns shields, bloodied, begged rioters to stop, etc.

I've never said it was an insurrection. It was not. But there is a heckuva lot of awful real estate before you get to insurrection.

The cops weren't armed with the things you mentioned. But, in my view, all of those things would only have made matters worse.
sombear
whiterock said:

sombear said:

worst part of this to me is there are Republicans who do not believe or just don't know that this kind of stuff happened on J6 as well as a simultanteous and substantially larger amount of peaceful protesting by people outside the building and also by a lot of people the cops let into the building.

Really? You know people who believe that all the protestors were violent? I mean, it takes about 30 second of video to know that was not the case, and I've never seen even the most ardent Never Trumper make that argument.

And the cops-let-people-in argument is just silly and frankly offensive. There were over 1000 assaults as police fought and tried to stop rioters. There were numerous examples of actual hand-to-hand combat on video. There was prolonged intense fighting. All the defense attorneys, throughs countless hours of video, could come up with only a few examples of cops "letting people in" and even those were questionable. Some were cops trying to defuse once rioters forced their way in, and one was a cop who had been fighting alongside another but were bloodied and pushed to the edge and were finally were outnumbered around 50 to 2. Research it. There is scant evidence of police just inviting or letting people in. And, if it happened at all, it was nominal. That defense did not work in a single trial because it was BS.
Porteroso
curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Longer sentence than one gets for killing a black man in many regressive sentences.

Harming a cop has always resulted in a longer sentence than murdering a black American, the discrepancy being larger the further back you go in time.

Is it wrong? I get that you have feelings, but do you have facts?
curtpenn
Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

You invent/inject racism repeatedly. Do you have facts? Doubtful, just typical drivel. Rinse and repeat.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Can't find the "rowdy tourists guilty" thread. Here's a new one

Prosecutors sought a 15-year term for Kyle Fitzsimons, whose attack on one officer forced him into medical retirement
The bloodied face of Kyle Fitzsimons, a butcher from Maine who repeatedly attacked police officers at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, became one of the more memorable images of the insurrection. A federal judge supplied the last line of the caption for that image Thursday, ordering Fitzsimons to spend more than seven years in prison.
Fitzsimons, 39, wearing a butcher's coat with "Kyle" embroidered on the chest and wielding an unstrung archery bow, twice charged into the phalanx of officers protecting the upper West Terrace tunnel on the afternoon of Jan. 6, at one point grabbing the shield strap and wrenching the shoulder of Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell. The officer testified that the pain was so bad he considered using his gun to shoot Fitzsimons before he was freed. He suffered a partially torn rotator cuff and labrum, and was forced to take a medical retirement.
Video also captured Fitzsimons hurling his bow like a spear into the crowd of officers, striking one in the head, and also being involved in a tussle with D.C. Police Sgt. Phuson Nguyen, during which the officer's gas mask was dislodged and another rioter then poured chemical spray into Nguyen's face before the mask snapped shut. Nguyen testified that he got knocked down at the same time, and "I thought that was it for me. I thought that's where I'm going to die."

Pushed back from the tunnel, Fitzsimons can be seen on video gathering himself, and then simply running back into the police lines again, fists flailing. During these attacks, Fitzsimons was hit from behind by a crutch being swung by another rioter, surveillance video showed, opening up the bloody head wound which later required staples to close. Fitzsimons's trial attorney, Natasha Taylor-Smith, said the gory photo made Fitzsimons "the poster boy for Jan. 6."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/07/13/kyle-fitzsimons-sentenced-jan6/

I'm curious - do you actually subscribe to liberal rag the Washington Post?
whiterock
sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

Really? You know people who believe that all the protestors were violent? I mean, it takes about 30 second of video to know that was not the case, and I've never seen even the most ardent Never Trumper make that argument.

And the cops-let-people-in argument is just silly and frankly offensive. There were over 1000 assaults as police fought and tried to stop rioters. There were numerous examples of actual hand-to-hand combat on video. There was prolonged intense fighting. All the defense attorneys, throughs countless hours of video, could come up with only a few examples of cops "letting people in" and even those were questionable. Some were cops trying to defuse once rioters forced their way in, and one was a cop who had been fighting alongside another but were bloodied and pushed to the edge and were finally were outnumbered around 50 to 2. Research it. There is scant evidence of police just inviting or letting people in. And, if it happened at all, it was nominal. That defense did not work in a single trial because it was BS.

it's on video.
where did I saw there were no violent protestors?

We had a riot at the capitol on J6. A big one. There was a lot of jostling and hollering alongside some very respectful protest. There was also a good bit of hand to hand combat and we need to prosecute anyone involved in such. But, sorry, the insurrection narrative is a Reichstag Fire hoax that is far more alarming than anything that happened on J6. Not going to go along with it for a nano-second. You shouldn't either.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Prosecutors sought a 15-year term for Kyle Fitzsimons, whose attack on one officer forced him into medical retirement
The bloodied face of Kyle Fitzsimons, a butcher from Maine who repeatedly attacked police officers at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, became one of the more memorable images of the insurrection. A federal judge supplied the last line of the caption for that image Thursday, ordering Fitzsimons to spend more than seven years in prison.
Fitzsimons, 39, wearing a butcher's coat with "Kyle" embroidered on the chest and wielding an unstrung archery bow, twice charged into the phalanx of officers protecting the upper West Terrace tunnel on the afternoon of Jan. 6, at one point grabbing the shield strap and wrenching the shoulder of Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell. The officer testified that the pain was so bad he considered using his gun to shoot Fitzsimons before he was freed. He suffered a partially torn rotator cuff and labrum, and was forced to take a medical retirement.
Video also captured Fitzsimons hurling his bow like a spear into the crowd of officers, striking one in the head, and also being involved in a tussle with D.C. Police Sgt. Phuson Nguyen, during which the officer's gas mask was dislodged and another rioter then poured chemical spray into Nguyen's face before the mask snapped shut. Nguyen testified that he got knocked down at the same time, and "I thought that was it for me. I thought that's where I'm going to die."

Pushed back from the tunnel, Fitzsimons can be seen on video gathering himself, and then simply running back into the police lines again, fists flailing. During these attacks, Fitzsimons was hit from behind by a crutch being swung by another rioter, surveillance video showed, opening up the bloody head wound which later required staples to close. Fitzsimons's trial attorney, Natasha Taylor-Smith, said the gory photo made Fitzsimons "the poster boy for Jan. 6."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/07/13/kyle-fitzsimons-sentenced-jan6/

I don't fear the written word

Do you find errors in the article posted?
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Is that a yes? I don't fear written words either. But I prefer my news sources to at least have some semblance of objectivity. I don't pay for propaganda.

I don't know enough about the story and haven't read enough objective sources to determine the veracity. But one can always count on the WaPo to give us the leftist take on any news item.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Is that a yes? I don't fear written words either. But I prefer my news sources to at least have some semblance of objectivity. I don't pay for propaganda.

I don't know enough about the story and haven't read enough objective sources to determine the veracity. But one can always count on the WaPo to give us the leftist take on any news item.
What is an "objective source"? I may want to subscribe

I subscribe to a number of news sources, including WaPo.
Mothra
I said some semblance of an objective source. I don't think there's any truly objective source at this point. However, I found that the BBC seems to be middle of the road and doesn't interject its opinions for the most part. That's where I get most of my news.

WaPo js propaganda at this point. There's a little difference between it and huff post or the Rolling Stone, Fox, the blaze or Newsmax.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

I said some semblance of an objective source. I don't think there's any truly objective source at this point. However, I found that the BBC seems to be middle of the road and doesn't interject its opinions for the most part. That's where I get most of my news.

WaPo js propaganda at this point. There's a little difference between it and huff post or the Rolling Stone, Fox, the blaze or Newsmax.
BBC doesn't cover local or state issues. I find the Wall Street Journal does a pretty good job, but nobody is perfect.
Porteroso
curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

You invent/inject racism repeatedly. Do you have facts? Doubtful, just typical drivel. Rinse and repeat.

About what, crimes against law enforcement carrying greater penalties than black people the further back in history you go? I ask you for facts, then you ask me for facts. You seem to have nothing of value to say.
Osodecentx
Another rowdy tourist sentenced. Click on the link to see a picture of her assault on a policeman. Maybe she is really an undercover FBI agent?

After courtroom outburst, Florida music teacher sentenced to 6 years in prison for Jan. 6 felonies

The government's criminal complaint included a number of photos of her in the Capitol and also alleged she was captured on video yelling, "Tell Pelosi we are coming for that b****."
Southard-Rumsey was captured on a Twitter feed announcing, "Standing in front of the Capitol Building ready to take it," the complaint also said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jan-6-sentence-florida-music-teacher/

Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Another rowdy tourist sentenced. Click on the link to see a picture of her assault on a policeman. Maybe she is really an undercover FBI agent?

After courtroom outburst, Florida music teacher sentenced to 6 years in prison for Jan. 6 felonies

The government's criminal complaint included a number of photos of her in the Capitol and also alleged she was captured on video yelling, "Tell Pelosi we are coming for that b****."
Southard-Rumsey was captured on a Twitter feed announcing, "Standing in front of the Capitol Building ready to take it," the complaint also said.

Thank god we were saved from an unarmed music teacher...
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Did you see the pictures of the assault?
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

BBC doesn't cover local or state issues. I find the Wall Street Journal does a pretty good job, but nobody is perfect.

The BBC's American branch covers the same issues as WaPo and the Wall Street journal. There's a ton of crossover there. None of them cover local issues unless those issues are national news.

If you're using WaPo as a source of news, you're getting a seriously skewed version of events. I'd suggest your dollars are better spent not supporting such drivel.

Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Oh my goodness I DID see them! It was so very scary. We came within a fraction of a millimeter of losing our democracy when this elderly woman shoved an active duty police officer. Glad this music teaching nanna is going to prison, our streets will be MUCH safer!
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

The BBC's American branch covers the same issues as WaPo and the Wall Street journal. There's a ton of crossover there. None of them cover local issues unless those issues are national news.

If you're using WaPo as a source of news, you're getting a seriously skewed version of events. I'd suggest your dollars are better spent not supporting such drivel.

I'm surprised BBC covered the Texas Legislature & Big 12 athletics

I subscribe to 6 newspapers & rely on Brett Baier as my "go to " source

I think I can discern the truth on most issues with all of those
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Oh my goodness I DID see them! It was so very scary. We came within a fraction of a millimeter of losing our democracy when this elderly woman shoved an active duty police officer. Glad this music teaching nanna is going to prison, our streets will be MUCH safer!

If that is your take after 500 J6 convictions then maybe Democracy is at risk. I thought you were a law & order guy
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

If that is your take after 500 J6 convictions then maybe Democracy is at risk. I thought you were a law & order guy
Oh yes, we should ignore the facts of individual cases and just use a generalized view of the rioters. Now when we talk about BLM rioters suing cities and having most charges dropped, we can't generalize based on the actions of the majority because generalizing the BLM rioters is racist or homophobic or some ****, right? It's hard to care about your fear of unarmed, music teaching grandma when you've cheered on and excused violent rioters that actually killed police and civilians alike for 8 months.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I guess count yourself surprised then. BBC often times has stories on the Texas legislature.

As for Big 12 football, is it your position you like the WaPo's sports coverage of the Big 12? If so, interesting. Tell me, what is the WaPo's breakdown of Baylor football this season? I am dying to know.

If you want to pay for liberal propaganda, I guess to each his own. But man does it explain a lot about your takes.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I guess count yourself surprised then. BBC often times has stories on the Texas legislature.

As for Big 12 football, is it your position you like the WaPo's sports coverage of the Big 12? If so, interesting. Tell me, what is the WaPo's breakdown of Baylor football this season? I am dying to know.

If you want to pay for liberal propaganda, I guess to each his own. But man does it explain a lot about your takes.
WaPo's sports coverage is not good, terrible unless you're into pro sports
Their coverage of national congress, courts and executive branch is good. They lean left politically, but everything you disagree with is not propaganda

I am surprised that the BBC covers the Texas legislature. I went to their website and searched for "Texas Legislature". Seems like a limited resource for Texas news.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=Texas+legislature&d=HOMEPAGE_GNL
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Oh yes, we should ignore the facts of individual cases and just use a generalized view of the rioters. Now when we talk about BLM rioters suing cities and having most charges dropped, we can't generalize based on the actions of the majority because generalizing the BLM rioters is racist or homophobic or some ****, right? It's hard to care about your fear of unarmed, music teaching grandma when you've cheered on and excused violent rioters that actually killed police and civilians alike for 8 months.
Sure glad I didn't excuse violent rioters that actually killed police and civilians alike for 8 months.
Also glad I didn't excuse violent rioters who attacked police and the Congress on Jan 6
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Their coverage of national congress, courts and executive branch is good. They lean left politically, but everything you disagree with is not propaganda

I am surprised that the BBC covers the Texas legislature. I went to their website and searched for "Texas Legislature". Seems like a limited resource for Texas news.

So now the WaPo doesn't cover Big 12 athletics? Odd you used that as justification for reading WaPo over BBC.

If you'll do a search of the BBC and Texas legislature, you'll find numerous articles. There's one regarding the abortion ban passed a few months ago, one regarding the overhaul of voting rights, one on the de-platforming law passed last year, one on Paxton, etc. And that was based on a quick google search.

I likewise could find no section on the WaPo website devoted to the Texas Legislature. I did find a couple of doozies, however, after I performed a google search of the WaPo and Texas Legislature. There was an opinion piece alleging that the Texas Legislature the "gripped by Christian nationalism." There was a story decrying a proposed bill allowing chaplains in schools. And there was an article decrying a Texas bill that didn't require water breaks for construction workers. And of course several articles decrying Paxton and decrying the state's lack of clean energy legislation.

Is this the kind of coverage you find invaluable?

I agree things I don't agree with aren't propaganda. And yet, the WaPo remains Democrat propaganda, which you apparently seem to enjoy.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

So now the WaPo doesn't cover Big 12 athletics? Odd you used that as justification for reading WaPo over BBC. I never said it did

If you'll do a search of the BBC and Texas legislature, you'll find numerous articles. There's one regarding the abortion ban passed a few months ago, one regarding the overhaul of voting rights, one on the de-platforming law passed last year, one on Paxton, etc. And that was based on a quick google search. I did the google search above. You can see the results, not good. I'm obviously not looking in the right place. Link, please. Do they have a pay wall? I'll give them a look if it's free.

I likewise could find no section on the WaPo website devoted to the Texas Legislature. I did find a couple of doozies, however, after I performed a google search of the WaPo and Texas Legislature. I never said WaPo was the go to source for the Texas Legislature. I subscribe to many newspapers; each one has a strong suit. DMN & WT do a good job along with Sicem. Here's what I said in prior post: "WaPo's sports coverage is not good, terrible unless you're into pro sports"

There was an opinion piece alleging that the Texas Legislature the "gripped by Christian nationalism." There was a story decrying a proposed bill allowing chaplains in schools. And there was an article decrying a Texas bill that didn't require water breaks for construction workers. And I disagree with those editorials. As I said earlier, I'm not afraid of the written word and can decide for myself. I like multiple sources and can afford it. What did the BBC say about chaplains in schools, no water breaks, and Christian Nationalism in the legislature?.

And of course several articles decrying Paxton I sure agree with those articles. You voted for a crook!

and decrying the state's lack of clean energy legislation. I'd like a link on the articles "decrying our lack of clean energy legislation. I think you made that up. As you should know, Texas leads the nation in clean energy.

Is this the kind of coverage you find invaluable? I value it

I agree things I don't agree with aren't propaganda. And yet, the WaPo remains Democrat propaganda, which you apparently seem to enjoy. It's true I enjoy different points of view and can hear them without being afraid they will convert me.
I don't fear the written word and question whether the BBC covers the Hill Country HS athletic scene
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

So now the WaPo doesn't cover Big 12 athletics? Odd you used that as justification for reading WaPo over BBC. I never said it did

If you'll do a search of the BBC and Texas legislature, you'll find numerous articles. There's one regarding the abortion ban passed a few months ago, one regarding the overhaul of voting rights, one on the de-platforming law passed last year, one on Paxton, etc. And that was based on a quick google search. I did the google search above. You can see the results, not good. I'm obviously not looking in the right place. Link, please. Do they have a pay wall? I'll give them a look if it's free.

I likewise could find no section on the WaPo website devoted to the Texas Legislature. I did find a couple of doozies, however, after I performed a google search of the WaPo and Texas Legislature. I never said WaPo was the go to source for the Texas Legislature. I subscribe to many newspapers; each one has a strong suit. DMN & WT do a good job along with Sicem. Here's what I said in prior post: "WaPo's sports coverage is not good, terrible unless you're into pro sports"

There was an opinion piece alleging that the Texas Legislature the "gripped by Christian nationalism." There was a story decrying a proposed bill allowing chaplains in schools. And there was an article decrying a Texas bill that didn't require water breaks for construction workers. And I disagree with those editorials. As I said earlier, I'm not afraid of the written word and can decide for myself. I like multiple sources and can afford it. What did the BBC say about chaplains in schools, no water breaks, and Christian Nationalism in the legislature?.

And of course several articles decrying Paxton I sure agree with those articles. You voted for a crook!

and decrying the state's lack of clean energy legislation. I'd like a link on the articles "decrying our lack of clean energy legislation. I think you made that up. As you should know, Texas leads the nation in clean energy.

Is this the kind of coverage you find invaluable? I value it

I agree things I don't agree with aren't propaganda. And yet, the WaPo remains Democrat propaganda, which you apparently seem to enjoy. It's true I enjoy different points of view and can hear them without being afraid they will convert me.
I don't fear the written word and question whether the BBC covers the Hill Country HS athletic scene

Does the WaPo now cover Texas high school athletics as well??!! Incredible.

So recall you were comparing the WaPo to the BBC. If it doesn't cover the Texas legislature or Big 12 sports or high school football, I'm curious why you're bringing those up? Were you having a hard time remembering what we were discussing? If you will do a little bit better job of reading, you will see I never suggested the BBC was a good replacement for local media reporting on the local sports scene.

Sounds like your google skills are as bad as your reading comprehension. If you get on google and type in the words I suggested, and scroll down a few articles you will see a WaPo article decrying a bill killing the renewable energy sector. I can't read past the first couple of paragraphs because of the paywall (BBC is free btw).

As I said, I'm not scared about reading things that disagree with my worldview. In fact I like see what the other side thinks which is why I read the opposing viewpoint and articles on this board. I simply don't like paying for liberal propaganda like you do. And therein lies the difference between us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.