Man sentenced to 7 years in Jan. 6 assaults that forced an officer to retire

33,402 Views | 522 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by historian
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
https://apnews.com/article/ashli-babbitt-capitol-siege-a15c7e52a04d932972b7a284c7a8f7df
Osodecentx
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officer-who-shot-ashli-babbitt-during-capitol-riot-breaks-silence-n1277736
Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot breaks silence: 'I saved countless lives'
In the chaotic minutes before he shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, Lt. Michael Byrd focused his attention on the glass doors leading into the lobby of the House of Representatives chamber.
About 60 to 80 House members and staffers were holed up inside, and it was Byrd's job to protect them.
As rioters rampaged through the Capitol, Byrd and a few other officers of the U.S. Capitol Police set up a wall of furniture outside the doors.
"Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were," Byrd said in an exclusive interview with NBC News' Lester Holt, speaking publicly for the first time since the riot. "There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out.
"If they get through that door, they're into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress," added Byrd, who gave NBC News permission to use his name after authorities had declined to release it.
Byrd's connection to what was going on outside and inside the building was his police radio. For several minutes, it crackled with a cascade of alarming messages.
There were shouts of officers down. Screams from his colleagues under attack by rioters with chemical agents. A report that an officer's fingertips were blown off.
"It was literally broadcast over the air," Byrd said. "I said, 'OK, this is getting serious.'"
Soon a horde of demonstrators arrived. Byrd, a 28-year veteran of the Capitol Police, took a defensive posture with his gun drawn as rioters smashed the glass doors.
He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back. But the mob kept pressing forward, and then a lone rioter tried to climb through one of the doors.
What happened next was captured on video: Byrd fired one shot, striking Babbitt in the shoulder.
But in his interview with Holt, Byrd said he has no doubt that he made the right decision in light of the circumstances.
"I know that day I saved countless lives," Byrd said. "I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that's my job."
When Byrd started hearing reports of officers down, he didn't know the extent of their injuries. At one point, Byrd said, an even more alarming message came over the radio: a report of shots fired, which he learned much later was false.
Byrd said that after he heard the radio chatter warning that rioters had breached the building, he rushed inside the chamber and instructed the House members to hide under their chairs and to stay away from doors and windows.
historian
Shooting an innocent unarmed woman saved zero lives. Instead one woman was murdered in cold blood.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Unusual definition of innocent.

In my hood breaking the glass of a locked door and crawling through it while an officer shouts stop is grounds to get shot.

Redbrickbear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

In my hood breaking the glass of a locked door and crawling through it while an officer shouts stop is grounds to get shot.

Your hood is not the United States Capitol building...a public building owned by the people of the United States.

Its not a private residence or a fortress for DC insiders

She was also completely unarmed, a woman, and a Veteran
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officer-who-shot-ashli-babbitt-during-capitol-riot-breaks-silence-n1277736
Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot breaks silence: 'I saved countless lives'

He lied from the get go.

Killing Ashli Babbitt did NOT save lives....no lives were under threat and the protestors killed NO ONE

He is making excuses (regime approved ones) for acting rashly and shooting a unarmed woman.
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

Killing Ashli Babbitt did NOT save lives....no lives were under threat and the protestors killed NO ONE

He is making excuses (regime approved ones) for acting rashly and shooting a unarmed woman.
It's all on video. What did he lie about?
She broke into a restricted area by breaking the law. She had no right to be in the House chamber.
What would she and her comrades have done when they broke into the House chamber and confronted Congressmen? They penetrated where they were by violence.
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

What would she and her comrades have done when they broke into the House chamber and confronted Congressmen? They penetrated where they were by violence.

You are making the assumption that a female veteran that was unarmed was going to try and kill Congressmen.

That is outlandish even for you.

(PS if we even agree that the Peoples house should be restricted from the Public taxpayers at all...then its a minor offense that she should have been arrested for and ticketed...not murdered in cold blood.)
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Redbrickbear said:

Your hood is not the United States Capitol building...a public building owned by the people of the United States.

You left out that she was breaking the law.
Redbrickbear

Redbrickbear said:

You left out that she was breaking the law.

Shoot her dead in cold blood for trespassing?

And here I thought you wanted less extreme policing...
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

You are making the assumption that a female veteran that was unarmed was going to try and kill Congressmen.

(PS if we even agree that the Peoples house should be restricted from the Public taxpayers at all...then its a minor offense that she should have been arrested for and ticketed...not murdered in cold blood.)
How can anyone know what's in the backpack of a criminal violently breaking into a restricted area?
I'm beginning to understand your Hamas stuff
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

How can anyone know what's in the backpack of a criminal violently breaking into a restricted area?
What is "my Hamas stuff"? When have I ever defended Hamas? Link to quote?

But it good to know you think gunning down innocent female Veterans for the crime of protesting is acceptable.

Tells us all we need to know about you and character (or lack there of)
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

But it good to know you thinking gunning down innocent female Veterans for the crime of protesting is acceptable.

You can always ignore me if you can't defend your position
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

But it good to know you thinking gunning down innocent female Veterans for the crime of protesting is acceptable.

I have been quite fine defending my positions on a number of topics.

You thinking advocating for a Two State solution to the middle east conflict is "supporting Hamas"

You think shooting down unarmed female Veterans at the Capitol is a appropriate response to trespassing.

I would say your positions are pretty moronic...some down right detestable.
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

You thinking advocating for a Two State solution to the middle east conflict is "supporting Hamas"

You think shooting down unarmed female Veterans at the Capitol is a appropriate response to trespassing.

Did your final exams go well?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

Dumb

I've been out of college for 14 years

Again, why did she deserve to die?
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

Dumb

You said you were a junior in an earlier post

Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

Dumb

No I didn't

Got a link?
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

Dumb

No I didn't

Got a link?

Just own

Nothing wrong with that
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

Dumb

No I didn't

Got a link?

Just own

Nothing wrong with that

Just post the link…it can't be that hard

Of just admit you lied…also not that hard to do
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

(PS if we even agree that the Peoples house should be restricted from the Public taxpayers at all...then its a minor offense that she should have been arrested for and ticketed...not murdered in cold blood.)?

But it good to know you think gunning down innocent female Veterans for the crime of protesting is acceptable.

She was not innocent.
Redbrickbear

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

(PS if we even agree that the Peoples house should be restricted from the Public taxpayers at all...then its a minor offense that she should have been arrested for and ticketed...not murdered in cold blood.)?

She was not innocent.

You think she deserved to die?

You're a monster
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx said:

In the chaotic minutes before he shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, Lt. Michael Byrd focused his attention on the glass doors leading into the lobby of the House of Representatives chamber.
About 60 to 80 House members and staffers were holed up inside, and it was Byrd's job to protect them.
As rioters rampaged through the Capitol, Byrd and a few other officers of the U.S. Capitol Police set up a wall of furniture outside the doors.
"Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were," Byrd said in an exclusive interview with NBC News' Lester Holt, speaking publicly for the first time since the riot. "There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out.
"If they get through that door, they're into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress," added Byrd, who gave NBC News permission to use his name after authorities had declined to release it.
Byrd's connection to what was going on outside and inside the building was his police radio. For several minutes, it crackled with a cascade of alarming messages.
There were shouts of officers down. Screams from his colleagues under attack by rioters with chemical agents. A report that an officer's fingertips were blown off.
"It was literally broadcast over the air," Byrd said. "I said, 'OK, this is getting serious.'"
Soon a horde of demonstrators arrived. Byrd, a 28-year veteran of the Capitol Police, took a defensive posture with his gun drawn as rioters smashed the glass doors.
He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back. But the mob kept pressing forward, and then a lone rioter tried to climb through one of the doors.
What happened next was captured on video: Byrd fired one shot, striking Babbitt in the shoulder.
But in his interview with Holt, Byrd said he has no doubt that he made the right decision in light of the circumstances.
"I know that day I saved countless lives," Byrd said. "I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that's my job."
When Byrd started hearing reports of officers down, he didn't know the extent of their injuries. At one point, Byrd said, an even more alarming message came over the radio: a report of shots fired, which he learned much later was false.
Byrd said that after he heard the radio chatter warning that rioters had breached the building, he rushed inside the chamber and instructed the House members to hide under their chairs and to stay away from doors and windows.

Derek Chauvin saves countless lives ... and did not even kill Saint George.
Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

It's all on video. What did he lie about?
She broke into a restricted area by breaking the law. She had no right to be in the House chamber.

I would ask if you support the police shooting unarmed citizens for trespassing, but i won't hold my breath for an answer.
Harrison Bergeron

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

He lied from the get go.

She was not innocent.

Did she deserve the death penalty?

Do you support cops killing unarmed citizens for trespassing?
Redbrickbear
Quote:

This is a guest post written by January 6 defendant Larry Brock, who was recently released from federal prison on nonviolent charges related to his participation in the Capitol protest. Brock is a retired Lieutenant Colonel for the Air Force; he graduated from the Air Force Academy and went on to pilot the A-10 for more than 20 years in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria.
Quote:

Quote:
I have fully documented my actions on January 6 on my website, but a basic recitation of some of the facts is necessary to support this story.

I flew to Washington D.C. on January 5, 2021 to listen personally to the President and to be among patriots on what I believed would be a historic day. I hoped that on the 6th, Vice President Mike Pence would work with the Senate and send the vote back to the States where voter fraud was most prevalent. When I arrived at the Capitol, an unindicted man had removed the fencing and the Ray Epps breach team had already done their work on the bicycle fencing barriers.

I crossed no fencing nor encountered any barriers and saw absolutely no violence prior to reaching the doors outside the entrance to the Capitol. As I moved to enter, I walked directly by four Capitol policemen who said nothing to me nor any other protester as we entered the building.

After a short time in the building, I saw a protester chasing a man in coat and tie and grabbed the protester and physically restrained him from continuing the chase and then placed myself between the man in coat and tie and another man dressed totally in black who appeared to me to be threatening him. The man in coat and tie was Capitol police officer Nairobi Timberlake who had dressed in plain clothes that day and he later testified in my trial that I used my command presence to defuse a tense situation and protected him.

Following this, I walked down a set of stairs and unfortunately for me while among a crowd by a door, I stepped on and then picked up a set of zip ties followed by a second set as well. These zip ties had been abandoned by the Capitol police guarding the door.

I then went to the Senate gallery and told protesters not to destroy anything and eventually worked my way down to the Senate floor and told a man to get out of the Vice President's chair as it was disrespectful for him sit in it. I deterred protesters from damaging the Senate and stealing anything.

When I decided to leave, I approached an officer and asked him where the nearest exit was. He told me he would escort me there and we walked side by side talking to the exit. As I exited the Capitol, I stopped a man from confronting the police. All of this is on video but unfortunately for me, half of America chooses to believe regime media over their own eyes. I encourage you to go to www.larrybrockjr.com and watch yourself and form your own opinion.
I strongly urge folks read the rest of his account of how he was arrested, what happened at trial, his sentencing. He will post another installment about his time in prison soon.

ETA: Link still up. HERE
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
The Orwellian, authoritarian response to January 6 may be when America turns into a fascist state.
Osodecentx
Jan 6 is fascist America
EatMoreSalmon
Osodecentx said:

Jan 6 is fascist America

Reichstag fire
historian
That has been happening gradually for decades. It's accelerated and more obvious under Obama's third term (Biden).
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.