Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

108,526 Views | 1800 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShooterTX
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
misgendering is violence

minding your own business is violence

these people are so insecure.

GrowlTowel
I rarely acknowledge them as human.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
BusyTarpDuster2017
KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

You had it yesterday 1t 7 PM, BTD.
I'm not seeing any post of yours that resembles an answer to the question. I think you are mistaken. Here is the question again: would you say that it's heretical and unchristian for a professed Christian to say that homosexuality is NOT a sin, and that Jesus is NOT the only way?

You have been answered many times, BTD. Your problem is that you only accept answers that play the puppet for you.

I want people to grow and learn. You want to attack people you think are wrong. There is no common ground between us here. Please accept this fact and move on.
I don't know why you're attacking me. I simply asked a question. You still haven't answered it, despite what you're claiming. My question isn't attacking anyone. I'm not asking for any kind of common ground with you or anybody. I'm simply asking if you believe that to say homosexuality is not a sin and that Jesus isn't the only way is heretical and unchristian. I'm asking where you stand on principle. It's a fairly easy question to answer. So why are you avoiding it?
.... I much prefer to try reasoning with that person and help them see for themselves the error in their thinking.
Isn't that what I'm doing? Why is it when I do it, it's "attacking" but when you do it, it's a good thing?

' Son ', asking such questions suggests you are not growing and learning.

Ok, ' Dad '. But how so? No, really, please explain. Wouldn't the unwillingness to directly answer the question be a bigger indicator of the need to grow and learn?
BusyTarpDuster2017
whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I'm not seeing any post of yours that resembles an answer to the question. I think you are mistaken. Here is the question again: would you say that it's heretical and unchristian for a professed Christian to say that homosexuality is NOT a sin, and that Jesus is NOT the only way?

You have been answered many times, BTD. Your problem is that you only accept answers that play the puppet for you.

I want people to grow and learn. You want to attack people you think are wrong. There is no common ground between us here. Please accept this fact and move on.
I don't know why you're attacking me. I simply asked a question. You still haven't answered it, despite what you're claiming. My question isn't attacking anyone. I'm not asking for any kind of common ground with you or anybody. I'm simply asking if you believe that to say homosexuality is not a sin and that Jesus isn't the only way is heretical and unchristian. I'm asking where you stand on principle. It's a fairly easy question to answer. So why are you avoiding it?
I am not attacking you, it's very much the other way around.

I have explained several times that I do not see any Christian purpose in harassing someone in a forum, when you know full well all it will do is drive them to further denial and bitterness. I much prefer to try reasoning with that person and help them see for themselves the error in their thinking. Only that way can they be brought to agree that change is necessary.

If you cannot accept my posts as answers, put me on ignore and move on.

I have made my principles very clear.
classic woke authoritarianism: "anyone who disagrees with me is attacking me."

Or, that simply stating truth is "attacking" someone. I'm sure OldBear wouldn't have the slightest problem stating the truth that a man can not be a woman; but apparently, stating the truth that homosexuality is a sin, and that it's heretical for a Christian to believe Jesus isn't the only way, well, that's just a bridge too far for him.
KaiBear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

.... I much prefer to try reasoning with that person and help them see for themselves the error in their thinking.
Isn't that what I'm doing? Why is it when I do it, it's "attacking" but when you do it, it's a good thing?

Ok, ' Dad '. But how so? No, really, please explain. Wouldn't the unwillingness to directly answer the question be a bigger indicator of the need to grow and learn?

LOL

Missed my point entirely.

Might want to get some new batteries for your sarcasm meter.

Love

Dad
D. C. Bear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

That's not a particularly relevant question.
It is obvious that saying Jesus is NOT the the only way is incompatible with being a professing Christian.
As for homosexuality, you'd need a definition of what you mean by that. Nevertheless, it's a pretty short path to get to sin when it comes to homosexual conduct and it takes a lot of twisting to reach a different conclusion based on scripture.

In a discussion, however, it is sometimes wise to begin where the other person is and go from there rather than simply randomly vomiting out truth. Do you want to win an argument or win a person? Oldbear83 is operating on a different set of goals than the ones you are using when it comes to effective persuasion. His rhetorical approach is more likely to be successful for what he wants to do than the one you suggest he should utilize.
BusyTarpDuster2017
KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

LOL

Love

Dad
Ok, now I'm really confused. Was your "greatness" responses to OldBear sarcasm too?
BusyTarpDuster2017
D. C. Bear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

That's not a particularly relevant question.
It is obvious that saying Jesus is NOT the the only way is incompatible with being a professing Christian.
As for homosexuality, you'd need a definition of what you mean by that. Nevertheless, it's a pretty short path to get to sin when it comes to homosexual conduct and it takes a lot of twisting to reach a different conclusion based on scripture.

In a discussion, however, it is sometimes wise to begin where the other person is and go from there rather than simply randomly vomiting out truth. Do you want to win an argument or win a person? Oldbear83 is operating on a different set of goals than the ones you are using when it comes to effective persuasion. His rhetorical approach is more likely to be successful for what he wants to do than the one you suggest he should utilize.
It's a perfectly relevant question to what I'm getting at. I'm actually using the rhetorical approach that you are praising in order to make my point. What you aren't realizing is what that point is, and who it's about. It isn't about Waco47 or how to persuade him of anything.

You provided a perfectly reasonable answer to my question. And in doing so, you weren't attacking anybody or anything, you were just stating what you believe to be Christian truth. As all Christians should be able to do.

So why does OldBear have a huge problem with answering it? Therein lies the point.
Forest Bueller_bf
Harrison Bergeron said:

Is this:
1. It's not happening
2. It's happening and it's good
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/teen-girl-swimmers-again-forced-to-compete-shower-with-male-professor-50-who-identifies-as-woman/ar-AA1llEux
This is...3. perversion.
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

misgendering is violence

minding your own business is violence

these people are so insecure.

They aren't ignoring you, they are shopping.

If I go to the store shopping I don't pay much attention to anybody around me,
I just go to take care of business and get the best prices I can find.

I don't have time to fawn over someone who is having a mental crisis, nor do I
know you are having one. I will treat you the same as anybody else at the store.
I didn't go there to visit, I went there to shop. And, if you did a good job of transitioning
I will probably just think you are a women. As a 6'4" 295 lb man I do not approach women
in stores. I don't want to bother them, because they are likely just shopping, trying to get the
best price they can just like me.
KaiBear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

LOL

Love

Dad
Ok, now I'm really confused. Was your "greatness" responses to OldBear sarcasm too?
LOL

Of course.

Old Bear occasionally has some decent contributions but attacking anyone who disagrees with him ( while simultaneously playing the victim ) has been his favorite comedy routine for years.
Oldbear83
I'd suggest you are missing some of the discussions, but whatever.
Jack Bauer
Quote:

The woman, who testified as Jane Doe to protect the identity of her child, said her daughter went from being anxious and upset to a thriving, happy straight-A student after being allowed to live as a girl about eight years ago, a decision she made with her husband after multiple visits to their family's doctor.

But as the girl approaches puberty, she fears she will start turning into a boy. Without treatment, she and her family will be devastated, the mother said.

BusyTarpDuster2017
KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

LOL

Love

Dad
LOL

Of course.

Old Bear occasionally has some decent contributions but attacking anyone who disagrees with him ( while simultaneously playing the victim ) has been his favorite comedy routine for years.
Ok, I completely misread your posts. But you gotta admit, your posts could've been read the other way just as easily too. Without knowing the context, the sarcasm isn't very obvious. Although, the "son" in quotations now makes sense. I'm assuming he's called you that.
Wangchung
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

The woman, who testified as Jane Doe to protect the identity of her child, said her daughter went from being anxious and upset to a thriving, happy straight-A student after being allowed to live as a girl about eight years ago, a decision she made with her husband after multiple visits to their family's doctor.

But as the girl approaches puberty, she fears she will start turning into a boy. Without treatment, she and her family will be devastated, the mother said.

So, using my exceptional math skills, we can deduce that this little boy was labeled trans as a 4 year old. His parents should be put in prison.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
KaiBear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

LOL

Love

Dad
LOL

Of course.

Although, the "son" in quotations now makes sense. I'm assuming he's called you that.
Only me and a couple of dozen other folks.

LOL

Don't mean a thing. Let the old guy have his fun.
Waco1947
Well we are born again into his love and the way of love. Read the letters of Jonhn
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Denying Christ is clearly unchristian. Denying the reality of sin is false doctrine & dangerous. I will not try to judge someone else's faith. Only God can do that.
Yeah, you judge people's faith. You have judged mine.

He has judged your lack of faith, not your faith-Silliness He has judged as having no faith.

You have offered nothing except "do your best to be good, then die." There is no faith in what you say.
Stop being silly. You know my faith. To love in Christ is to live abundantly Stop with straw men
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Denying Christ is clearly unchristian. Denying the reality of sin is false doctrine & dangerous. I will not try to judge someone else's faith. Only God can do that.
Yeah, you judge people's faith. You have judged mine.

He has judged your lack of faith, not your faith-Silliness He has judged as having no faith.

You have offered nothing except "do your best to be good, then die." There is no faith in what you say.
Stop being silly. You know my faith. To love in Christ is to live abundantly Stop with straw men

Do you believe that Leviticus is truly the Law of God?
ShooterTX
Oldbear83
KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

KaiBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

LOL

Love

Dad
LOL

Of course.

Although, the "son" in quotations now makes sense. I'm assuming he's called you that.
Only me and a couple of dozen other folks.

LOL

Don't mean a thing. Let the old guy have his fun.
There are worse things to be called. There is a woman where I work who calls everyone 'Sugar'.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Well we are born again into his love and the way of love. Read the letters of Jonhn

John's epistles we're written in part to address what is basically a heresy you have previously supported.
JXL
Waco1947 said:

But you disagree with the letters of John.
ShooterTX
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

Real simple...

The Bible is always wrong, unless it makes Waco47 feel good about himself and his choices in life.

Waco47 is walking in the oldest heresy in existence... he believes himself to be equal (or superior) to the Creator. He is walking in the footsteps of Lucifer, and his end will be the same as well.
ShooterTX
Waco1947
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

Stupid comment
Stupid comment
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

Stupid comment
Stupid comment
That seems a rude post, Waco.

But please remind me, did Jesus physically rise from the dead, as affirmed in the Gospel accounts?
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

John's epistles were written in part to address what is basically a heresy you have previously supported.
That's just atupid. Conservatives always see heresy bc of a closed mind.
Wangchung
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

John's epistles were written in part to address what is basically a heresy you have previously supported.
Ah yes, adhering to what is written versus what one can imagine is just SO close minded. Silly Christians, following the Bible...
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Gnosticism has been a heresy for a long time, and is one that fits well with some of the arguments you have made in the past.

Is it your contention that John's letters did not address gnosticism? That seems strange coming from someone who presents himself as educated on matters of scripture.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Tell me Waco, Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law, not abolish it. What do you think He meant in saying that?
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Gnosticism has been a heresy for a long time, and is one that fits well with some of the arguments you have made in the past.

Is it your contention that John's letters did not address gnosticism? That seems strange coming from someone who presents himself as educated on matters of scripture.

You are making up crap about me. I can't dialog with your misrepresentation of my belief. You simply make assertions that beg the question
KaiBear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You are making up crap about me. I can't dialog with your misrepresentation of my belief. You simply make assertions that beg the question

DC is not misrepresenting anything.

He simply cuts through your self serving 'theology' and you don't like it.

D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I'm not making anything up. You argue for the "spiritual" and down play the physical nature of the incarnation, to the point of denying Jesus' resurrection. This is in the same family of thought as Gnosticism. Is it your contention that you do not argue for the "spiritual?"
Jack Bauer
If this is what you are posting about....you don't have any real problems.

BusyTarpDuster2017
Jack Bauer said:

If this is what you are posting about....you don't have any real problems.

Well, not unless you count insanity and sheer stupidity as real problems.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I'm not making anything up. You argue for the "spiritual" and down play the physical nature of the incarnation, to the point of denying Jesus' resurrection. This is in the same family of thought as Gnosticism. Is it your contention that you do not argue for the "spiritual?"
assertions without proof

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.