Cohen about to Flip

45,989 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HuMcK said:

For those wondering, the reason Nunes and Burr have largely refused to share any of the Russia-investigation related private testimony with Mueller is because it gives him leverage to do stuff like this. Public reporting indicates Don Jr. and Bannon in particular would probably be opened up to similar charges if Mueller ever gets their transcribed testimony.

"According to the information being read out in court, Cohen made a false statement regarding a proposed Trump Tower deal in Moscow that he was working on in 2015 and 2016. He had a discussion about the project at a later date. Cohen had previously said that the deal was stopped in January 2016."

That's it. Lol.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
J.R.
J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Still waiting for the Armageddon, "night cometh" thing to happen over that Cohen flip.

Running out of steam much..........??

(Like all of those other "sure fire gotchas" you Wile E. Coyote types have slobbered over??)
LJ, I see you poked your head up from the cube farm to spew Trumpian pablum. You got $1,000 that Cohen doesn't flip?
Paging Little Johnny? I'll give you the option..cash or beer...Your choice.
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Still waiting for the Armageddon, "night cometh" thing to happen over that Cohen flip.

(Like all of those other "sure fire gotchas" you Wile E. Coyote types have slobbered over??)
LJ, I see you poked your head up from the cube farm to spew Trumpian pablum. You got $1,000 that Cohen doesn't flip?
Mueller's star witness to tell the truth about Trump is Michael Cohen, who just pleaded guilty to lying...

Epic.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mueller's star witness to tell the truth about Trump is Michael Cohen, who just pleaded guilty to lying...

Epic.
Did Cohen flip or not? Yes, he did, as I said in the OP
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Epic.
Did Cohen flip or not? Yes, he did, as I said in the OP
No he legally can't flip. Attorney client privilege.

You lose. Trump lives in your head rent free and you're turning into a pansy leftist.

Wake up.
Doc Holliday
How gullible are you guys?
It's the same story every couple of months:

"we got Drumpf now!!!!"...turns into a big nothing burger.
Rinse and repeat.

Michael Cohen's new guilty plea is another example of crimes being created as a result of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

The ENTIRE series of indictments grows out of false statements, rather than any substantive charges.

When will ya'll learn?
J.R.
Doc, you are foolish. Give it up.
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

Doc, you are foolish. Give it up.
You're the one who is foolish.

Keep following the sheep, the collective and the outraged.
I promise they will let you down.

You think you're a rebel against the establishment, yet you don't even realize you agree with everything the establishment teaches and you then subvert the establishments opposing opinions.

Wake up.
HuMcK
Quote:

"The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine"

That proverb has served me well in my young legal career, and it's something outside observers of the Mueller investigation should take to heart.
YoakDaddy
J.R.
Looks like the walls a beginning to fall in on the Trumps. The Swamp is beginning to boil!
quash
Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Bruin said:

you libs are just setting yourself up for more disappointment.
Well, clown, not a lib.
For some reason I'm reminded of that line from Shakespeare: "Methinks thou dost protest too much"......

Oh please.

The first three responses to JR were both off base and juvenile. When he counters them your best response is to double down?

When Justice Kavanaugh defended himself you were all in. Try to open that mind.
cinque
Ok so, we learned today that despite Trumps declarations to the contrary, he was actively and surreptitiously pursuing a sweetheart business deal with the same man he knew was undermining our US presidential election in an effort to get Trump elected.

Have we ever been here before?
HuMcK
cinque said:

Ok so, we learned today that despite Trumps declarations to the contrary, he was actively and surreptitiously pursuing a sweetheart business deal with the same man he knew was undermining our US presidential election in an effort to get Trump elected.

The guy that prepares taxes for the Trump Org also apparently had his office raided today.
Doc Holliday
cinque said:

cinque
It's getting late in the evening and the Sun is going down in Trumplandia.
Mitch Blood Green
He flipped like a big 12 tumbling champion.
Mitch Blood Green
The question for me isn't why did he flip. It is "who" are you willing to go to jail for?

Remember you have kids.
cinque
Since he now has a formal agreement, he can talk until he gets tired. At the end of the day, he could spend less time in jail than Junior, depending on how helpful he turned out to be.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

Since he now has a formal agreement, he can talk until he gets tired. At the end of the day, he could spend less time in jail than Junior, depending on how helpful he turned out to be.
Cohen loves attention and fame a whole lot more that he loves his kids. Even if it means him going to prison. He is the male version of Kim Kardashian. Sorry cinque. This response was actually intended for your cousin tommie.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
cinque
J.R.
where Little Johnny at?
Doc Holliday
So...the new narrative is that Trump Enterprises (run by Trump) wanted to build a luxury skyrise in Moscow, and told Putin they would like to "give" him the most expensive top floor apartment, valued at around $50mil. That way, more rich Russians would flock to the building and want to live there. Putin says "! (awesome!) Hell yeah, I wanna live there!" But the caveat is...Trump has to stay in the private sector and NOT become president in order to break ground on the project and seal the deal. Therefore...naturally, Putin interferes with our 2016 election to make SURE Trump wins the presidency, and the De-luxe Apartment in the Sky deal is scrapped with no chance of it getting done now. I'm no John LeCarre', but that's got to be the worst foreign collusion bribe transaction in history.
HuMcK
Doc Holliday said:

So...the new narrative is that Trump Enterprises (run by Trump) wanted to build a luxury skyrise in Moscow, and told Putin they would like to "give" him the most expensive top floor apartment, valued at around $50mil. That way, more rich Russians would flock to the building and want to live there. Putin says "! (awesome!) Hell yeah, I wanna live there!" But the caveat is...Trump has to stay in the private sector and NOT become president in order to break ground on the project and seal the deal. Therefore...naturally, Putin interferes with our 2016 election to make SURE Trump wins the presidency, and the De-luxe Apartment in the Sky deal is scrapped with no chance of it getting done now. I'm no John LeCarre', but that's got to be the worst foreign collusion bribe transaction in history.

The offer itself is a per se violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, so it's literally the statutory definition of corruption. It also fits pretty neatly into the now obvious pattern we've seen repeated of Russians offering deals to those they have targeted to carry out Russian goals. And as much as you want to pretend otherwise, the offer and attempts to meet happenned against a backdrop of a bunch of other shady meetings and contacts with Russians in 2016. Trump Org also wasn't just dealing with Russian businessmen on this deal, they were communicating with Putin's right hand man (i.e. directly with Kremlin officials) the whole time...during a presidential campaign where the Russians hacked Trump's opponents.

Also notice in Cohen's guilty plea the presence of the phrase "took steps in furtherance of", that's notable because it's language commonly associated with conspiracy charges. Someone is guilty of conspiracy at the point one conspirator "takes steps in furtherance of" fulfilling the goal of a conspiracy, they don't actually have to finish the conspiracy to be charged just work towards its goal. I'd bet including that phrase is Mueller laying groundwork for future filings.
contrario
HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

The offer itself is a per se violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, so it's literally the statutory definition of corruption. It also fits pretty neatly into the now obvious pattern we've seen repeated of Russians offering deals to those they have targeted to carry out Russian goals. And as much as you want to pretend otherwise, the offer and attempts to meet happenned against a backdrop of a bunch of other shady meetings and contacts with Russians in 2016. Trump Org also wasn't just dealing with Russian businessmen on this deal, they were communicating with Putin's right hand man (i.e. directly with Kremlin officials) the whole time...during a presidential campaign where the Russians hacked Trump's opponents.

Also notice in Cohen's guilty plea the presence of the phrase "took steps in furtherance of", that's notable because it's language commonly associated with conspiracy charges. Someone is guilty of conspiracy at the point one conspirator "takes steps in furtherance of" fulfilling the goal of a conspiracy, they don't actually have to finish the conspiracy to be charged just work towards its goal. I'd bet including that phrase is Mueller laying groundwork for future filings.
The offer is not a violation of the act. Acceptance clearly would have been.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

Hold up...they didn't accept the offer. You're getting ahead of yourself.

Also please provide your evidence of Russia hacking Trump's opponents.
Doc Holliday
When will Mr. Mueller be charging James Comey with perjury for lying under oath to congress?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

When will Mr. Mueller be charging James Comey with perjury for lying under oath to congress?

That's for Congress. So, never would be my guess.
YoakDaddy
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's for Congress. So, never would be my guess.

Congress selectively chooses but, yeah, it's rare. There were a few BP guys charged with lying to subcommittees during that spill ordeal. 10 different calculated scenario spill volumes get reported in the press then 1 goes to subcommittee looks like lying but isn't because it's a best educated, calculated, modeled guess.

I think that's why the WH is shocked the DOJ is pressing Cohen for allegedly lying to Congress. That's typically not a DOJ call to my understanding.
Doc Holliday
Start: Trump committed treason by colluding with Russia!

Finish: I think we might be able to twist the arm of an elderly guy who believes the moon landing was fake to plea to perjury because he forgot an email from 2 years before though he admitted it when we reminded him of it.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

Finish: I think we might be able to twist the arm of an elderly guy who believes the moon landing was fake to plea to perjury because he forgot an email from 2 years before though he admitted it when we reminded him of it.
As I pointed out, to you specifically, before, collusion is not part of the order creating the Mueller investigation. But those strawmen are so much easier to beat down.
Golem
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

As I pointed out, to you specifically, before, collusion is not part of the order creating the Mueller investigation. But those strawmen are so much easier to beat down.

Collusion is absolutely part of the order. The order said "links and/or coordination". Saying that's not "collusion" is like saying "warm blooded creature which gives birth to live young" isn't a mammal. Never mind that your favorite media outlets confirm that. You are just a liar. You simply can't help yourself.
quash
GolemIII said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Collusion is absolutely part of the order. The order said "links and/or coordination". Saying that's not "collusion" is like saying "warm blooded creature which gives birth to live young" isn't a mammal. Never mind that your favorite media outlets confirm that. You are just a liar. You simply can't help yourself.

And you can prove links without coordination and still no collusion. Duh.
quash
Stormy Daniels for the win. Cornered Cohen.
Mitch Blood Green
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cinque said:

Cohen loves attention and fame a whole lot more that he loves his kids. Even if it means him going to prison. He is the male version of Kim Kardashian. Sorry cinque. This response was actually intended for your cousin tommie.

I've never met Cinque but I've been naked with you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.