Cohen about to Flip

45,992 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, it looks like night time has come for Cohen.
Make Racism Wrong Again
HuMcK
J.R.
Let's get Little Johnny out of the cube farm!
Doc Holliday
Welp he didn't flip lol

Contrary to the NBC suggestion that Cohen would "flip" on Trump as part of the plea, CNN reported that as part of the plea deal under discussion, Cohen is not expected to cooperate with the government. Instead, by pleading guilty, both Cohen and prosecutors would avoid the spectacle and uncertainty of a trial.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
YoakDaddy
HuMcK said:

J.R. said:

hummmmm

Cohen gonna strike a deal the same day Manafort gets convicted?

Manafort has a hung jury so far. Those folks can't decide. The longer they deliberate, the better for Manafort.
YoakDaddy
Doc Holliday said:

Welp he didn't flip lol

Contrary to the NBC suggestion that Cohen would "flip" on Trump as part of the plea, CNN reported that as part of the plea deal under discussion, Cohen is not expected to cooperate with the government. Instead, by pleading guilty, both Cohen and prosecutors would avoid the spectacle and uncertainty of a trial.

They're holding an indictment with a very public trial over his head. He's not even been indicted yet.
cinque
Doc Holliday said:

Welp he didn't flip lol

Chuckle, you don't want him to tell the truth about all the criminal activity he and Trump have been involved in?
Make Racism Wrong Again
fadskier
If Trump goes, the we get Pence. I'll take it. Who would be VP? Cruz? Rice?
riflebear
cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

Welp he didn't flip lol

Chuckle, you don't want him to tell the truth about all the criminal activity he and Trump have been involved in?
You, Hillary & Obama go first
bubbadog
YoakDaddy said:

HuMcK said:

J.R. said:

hummmmm

Manafort has a hung jury so far. Those folks can't decide. The longer they deliberate, the better for Manafort.
The jury's note to the judge leaves room for debate over whether they can't reach a consensus on any of the counts or on only one. The judge apparently is interpreting it as the latter, meaning he thinks they have come to a verdict on the other counts. So we'll see.

As to Cohen, wouldn't the fact that he's going to plead guilty even before there's an indictment suggest that (a) he knows he's guilty, and it's bad; (b) they've offered him a favorable deal; or (c) both?

Update: Media now reporting that Cohen has surrendered to the FBI.
HuMcK
bubbadog
HuMcK said:

Uh-oh.
xiledinok
YoakDaddy said:

HuMcK said:

J.R. said:

hummmmm

I would bet the other way around because the jury is going through the counts one at a time and breaking down and deciding their verdict. If they would have come back early, it would have been good for the traitor.
xiledinok
HuMcK said:

Once he pleads, there will be time between the sentencing when he starts rolling off bad things on Trump.
He wants to be at home with his wife and kids in the future.
Look at high treason General Flynn, they still are working him.
Doc Holliday
If Michael Cohen had anything on Trump, Mueller would not have passed him off to the Southern District of New York.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
HuMcK
Lol
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Lol

Crazy to think they are trying to get Trump on the stand about the campaign finance violations.

But I just don't see it happening: they didn't go after Hillary for her obscene violations of campaign finance laws of massive sums, so why would they go after Trump?
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

If Michael Cohen had anything on Trump, Mueller would not have passed him off to the Southern District of New York.
You sure? I think there was pretty good reasoning on why he was passed it off to that office. Cohen knows where all the bodies are and the fact Trump is now going after him tells it all.
What channel is Rudy going to be on tonight throwing his career down the drain? His claim to fame cleaning up crack blight in New York like every mayor did in most major cities in the United States post 1991, getting a few minor dents in organized crime and standing on 911 rubble crying out about the terrorists and how the United States was going to track them down like a politician is going to be erased.
bubbadog
xiledinok said:

HuMcK said:

Once he pleads, there will be time between the sentencing when he starts rolling off bad things on Trump.
I think it will be something much more mundane for Flynn, like failing to register as a foreign agent (or did he already plead to that?). In any case, treason would be a very high bar for prosecutors when Flynn's conduct involves a nominal ally (Turkey) and another country that is an adversary but not a formal enemy (Russia).
YoakDaddy
bubbadog said:

YoakDaddy said:

HuMcK said:

J.R. said:

hummmmm

The jury's note to the judge leaves room for debate over whether they can't reach a consensus on any of the counts or on only one. The judge apparently is interpreting it as the latter, meaning he thinks they have come to a verdict on the other counts. So we'll see.

As to Cohen, wouldn't the fact that he's going to plead guilty even before there's an indictment suggest that (a) he knows he's guilty, and it's bad; (b) they've offered him a favorable deal; or (c) both?

Update: Media now reporting that Cohen has surrendered to the FBI.

I know folks who've "negotiated" with the DOJ. It's all about pressure and appearance. IMO Cohen is trying to save his own skin because of the bank fraud. There have been celebrities recently who are guilty of FEC violations and the DOJ does nothing. All allegations were thrown in with the bank fraud being the biggest. If Mueller had anything on Cohen or a smoking gun from Cohen, they'd have advertised it by now and his prosecution would be saved for that investigation. Just my 2 cents.
xiledinok
bubbadog said:

xiledinok said:

HuMcK said:

I think it will be something much more mundane for Flynn, like failing to register as a foreign agent (or did he already plead to that?). In any case, treason would be a very high bar for prosecutors when Flynn's conduct involves a nominal ally (Turkey) and another country that is an adversary but not a formal enemy (Russia).
I think is really helping out. He has a big ego and the federal prison is going to be rough on Flynn. At least he's proven to be good in the past taking orders.
riflebear
Sorry libs

Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

Sorry libs

Lol
bubbadog
riflebear said:

Sorry libs

I hear ya, but there also have been previous reports that the special counsel's team said they did not need Cohen's cooperation.

If he's really going to take a plea that still means 3-5 years as his sentence, it could be because they didn't need him enough to offer a better deal.

The taxi business was always his own thing, with no connection to Trump. But here's what's interesting. He's going to plead guilty to a campaign finance violation that involves payments he made on Trump's behalf. And it's already clear from the tapes his lawyer released that Trump knew in advance about the payments.
riflebear
bubbadog said:

riflebear said:

Sorry libs

I hear ya, but there also have been previous reports that the special counsel's team said they did not need Cohen's cooperation.

If he's really going to take a plea that still means 3-5 years as his sentence, it could be because they didn't need him enough to offer a better deal.

The taxi business was always his own thing, with no connection to Trump. But here's what's interesting. He's going to plead guilty to a campaign finance violation that involves payments he made on Trump's behalf. And it's already clear from the tapes his lawyer released that Trump knew in advance about the payments.

I'm sure he has dirt on Trump, but it has nothing to do w/ Russia. No way Mueller turns this case over to the state of New York if he did. They are trying to squeeze everyone to turn on Trump or in some cases make up something about him but to date there is absolutely nothing. But who knows, Mueller might have something up his sleeve w/ all those dirty Democrat Hillary supporters on his team so I wouldn't say Trump is out of the woods yet. I just don't think it will have anything to do w/ Russia.

bubbadog
riflebear said:

bubbadog said:

riflebear said:

Sorry libs

I'm sure he has dirt on Trump, but it has nothing to do w/ Russia. No way Mueller turns this case over to the state of New York if he did. They are trying to squeeze everyone to turn on Trump or in some cases make up something about him but to date there is absolutely nothing. But who knows, Mueller might have something up his sleeve w/ all those dirty Democrat Hillary supporters on his team so I wouldn't say Trump is out of the woods yet. I just don't think it will have anything to do w/ Russia.

I agree about Cohen and Russia. That wouldn't be the dirt he possesses.
It still may be very damaging dirt.
riflebear
I would add below that they torched the evidence that was under subpoena, other than that it's a fair comparison. If you are a Democrat you are above the law and protected by the press.

Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

I would add below that they torched the evidence that was under subpoena, other than that it's a fair comparison. If you are a Democrat you are above the law and protected by the press.

Oh yeah, even the democrats and lefties on this board know they're above the law and protected...they just don't care. The ends justify the means for them.

Not one of them will point out that justice is biased.
riflebear
Doc Holliday
Reminder Obama campaign paid $375,000 in finance violations, the fine was paid and everyone moved on...
PartyBear
It should be noted that often times cooperating defendants do plea straight up to the indictment. That way the defendant can honestly say he has no deal with the feds when cross examined. However federal prosecutors are allowed to file and the Judge can grant a sentence reduction for a previously sentenced defendant who helps the feds. So that a defendant pleads guilty without a "cooperation deal" does not mean there isnt cooperation. Just that there is no plea agreement.
cinque
Cohen is in FBI custody. He implicated Trump in two of the eight charges to which he had pleaded guilty.

Night's here.
Make Racism Wrong Again
riflebear
cinque said:

Cohen is in FBI custody. He implicated Trump in two of the eight charges to which he had pleaded guilty.

Night's here.
So much collusion w/ Russia & Putin in those 8 counts, huh?

He didn't say the 'candidate' was Trump. But 'if' he did ask him to pay off a stripper, how is that on Trump? Shouldn't he as the attorney tell his client that is illegal and not do it?
cinque
riflebear said:

cinque said:

Night's here.
The moral arc of the universe is still bending toward justice. We're not through.
Make Racism Wrong Again
riflebear
cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

Night's here.
The moral arc of the universe is still bending toward justice. We're not through.
Exactly - still two active IG investigations into Hillary & Uranium 1 and many in Congress asking for another special counsel into the Obama Admin and their collusion w/ the FBI, DOJ & CIA.

We're definitely not thru

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.